**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Hyperion be Nerfed?

13»

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I need him (LEAVE HIM ALONE)

It's not the fact he's unbeatable but champions with his level of power were killed off in V13! DS got a significant power gain reduction and Thor was massively weakened[/quote]

So by your logic, because Kabam brought the nerf hammer hard on DS and Thor before, that makes it ok to nerf Hyperion? You don't think they did enough damage to them and BW?

You do know there were many players calling for DS to be nerfed a long time ago. Look what happened...he's a far cry from his golden days now. Kabam will read these kind of posts and think "Hey the playerbase is calling for top champs to be nerfed. We've made our money from these OP champs; let's use this as an excuse to nerf them so that players will have to spend resources and money on upgrading other champs".

Kabam, please ignore these posts calling for nerfs. No more nerfs, period.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    jordo128 wrote: »
    If you can't beat em, nerf em.

Exactly what people are asking for. This is a long term game. A person should expect to grow a roster over years. Some people are having difficulty so it must be the opponent....nerf him. Nightcrawler used to throttle me but not so much now. If you are having problems look for a solution or learn to fight better. I know that's not what people want to hear but suck it up buttercups
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    His power gain is OP, how can DS be OP when he only gains power over time and not from giving and receiving damage however Hyperions isn't OP when he basically charges every way possible. Come on guys try being a little unbiased we'll all have Hyperion after this weekend anyways.
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    Hyperion is probably one of the easier defenders to beat in AW..
  • J_PattJ_Patt Posts: 67
    No more NERFS! This is ridiculous, yes he's a pain in the buttocks to fight but that does not mean nerf him. What you need to do is practice and learn to deal with him without having Kabam weaken a good champ. Do i have him? No, but that still doesn't mean make players that do have him suffer another tragic punch in the face to a good champ.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Automatic power gain champs in general are just garbage, this new level of defender that just pulls S3 out of thin air is a lazy money grab in war and I challenge kabam to develop fighting styles that are harder to battle but don't resort to this toll booth mentality. In short find ways to KO my champs that don't involve automatic Heath draining (dorm, magik, Iceman) or automatic power gaining/S3.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    A small reduction in all areas?
    If Hyperion got nerfed what cosmic would take his place as the most op? Carnage?
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    edited June 2017
    your question should be: should LuKe Cage, IP, KK, Ant-Man, and the other 70% weak champs be buffed?
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Ya gotta appreciate the place kabaam is in though. Whenever they have to nerf anything in the name of balance my gawd kids lose their minds
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    All of this is partially true. You guys saying Hyperion shouldn't be nerfed.

If Hyperion shouldn't be nerfed then DS needs to be buffed a bit.

DS was nearly murdered. Thor was murdered then revived. Widow was somewhat murdered. Starlord was nwefed( hahahahahaa no he wasn't)

These guys were needed for everything that Hyperion has. And more.

So he should be nerfed ORRRRRRRRRR doc and widow need some love.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    All of this is partially true. You guys saying Hyperion shouldn't be nerfed.

If Hyperion shouldn't be nerfed then DS needs to be buffed a bit.

DS was nearly murdered. Thor was murdered then revived. Widow was somewhat murdered. Starlord was nwefed( hahahahahaa no he wasn't)

These guys were needed for everything that Hyperion has. And more.

So he should be nerfed ORRRRRRRRRR doc and widow need some love.

There was much more that went into the reasons for those changes. It wasn't just a bit of Power Gain.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    A strong downside
    Nerfing is never the answer. The rest of the champions should be brought up to an even playing field instead of dooming champs to irrelevancy.

When was the last time you heard a complaint about a champion being boosted? (Other than them not boosting the champions you wanted them to). However, each time you nerf a champ there is an uproar. It's because people spent valuable resources, including real money, to obtain those champions; only to have their investments spat upon.

It's like if you go shell out the money for a Ferrari and as soon as the check clears the dealer goes and keys your car, or gives you a Dodge Neon instead (rip Dr. Strange).

Never nerf. Bring everyone else up.

I agree. But u think it will happen?
  • Ross979Ross979 Posts: 11
    Bring back the old gods
    LOL, PEOPLE SAYS "NO MORE NERF" , THEN, KABAM SHOULD BRING BACK THOSE "GODS CHAMPS" ABILITIES LIKE BEFORE

THAT IS THE BALANCE

AND FOR YOU RICH BOYS, MAYBE RIGHT NOW KABAM STILL THINKING "HOW TO MAKE YOU ALL SPEND YOUR MONEY" (AGAIN)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Automatic power gain champs in general are just garbage, this new level of defender that just pulls S3 out of thin air is a lazy money grab in war and I challenge kabam to develop fighting styles that are harder to battle but don't resort to this toll booth mentality. In short find ways to KO my champs that don't involve automatic Heath draining (dorm, magik, Iceman) or automatic power gaining/S3.

I don't think you'd really like what you are asking for. "Fighting styles that are harder to battle" sound suspiciously like strong AI. Strong, tactically sound, randomly unpredictable AI. Strong NPC AI is the number one shouted-down difficulty increase I've seen in any MMO. There are ways to nullify power gain. There's no attack in the game that makes the computer AI stupider. Kabam is already making the AI marginally smarter and slightly less unpredictable, and players hate it already.
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    All these polls don't be mad if you don't have him and ask for a nerf they have needed enough champs and your asking for more.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    His specials are easier to bait now so no
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    His true power requires skill to take advantage of, and skill to overcome. Don't nerf him because u haven't figured him out yet
  • Just a stupid post to ask kabam to nerf any character. Last time the did this they almost KILLED the game. Wtf.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Guess you shouldnt have deranked scarlet that quickly, considering how easily you can devastate Hyperion with her. too bad.

PS: there's still baiting , yanno. Hyps IA been tweaked hard recently. it's extremely easy to bait specials outside the **** pre-infinite IA in arena.

Shhh they don't need to know about her not yet there not ready
  • Bring back the old gods
    Unless you want to PAY all of KABAM's Employee's yourself, I suggest you don't speak of Nerfs, Learn how to PLAY, like other have, instead of WHINING that he is to strong because you can't be him in Arenas...
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Bring back the old gods
    Just friggin reduce his heavy attack range by a tiny bit (0.01 cm), so it'll be easier to bait him