Options

Let us pay tribute to the fallen. Morning Star.

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
Morning Star was a great defender. She was a great boss node. Then, they release 5* vision.

RIP, Morning Star, You will be missed, but not as much as the materials it took those that ranked you.

Comments

• Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    heh I don't think it will really be that much of an issue... Not many are going to go for spending $500.00 on an OgV... he's good. but not that good...
  • Options
    Raganator wrote: »
    heh I don't think it will really be that much of an issue... Not many are going to go for spending $500.00 on an OgV... he's good. but not that good...

If you knew what level alliance Riegel was in, you would realize this is actually an issue. Whales galore.

Oh I know... I know there's going to be some buying it, it's just not going to be widespread...
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    ...it's not like the introduction of a new bleed immune 5* is going to invalidate Morningstar as a defender. Way to be melodramatic

Her positives are her bleed and MD.

Many champs dealt with her bleed: Blade, Iceman, GR, etc.

Not many dealt with her power gain. GR can, but you can still get caught.

Vision can full drain power making MD very easy to deal with, and he is immune.

Can you kill MS with other champs? Sure yeah an Invulnerable boost and you can eat 3 sp3's and kill her easy. Now you may save some 3min boosts, and have a very versatile champ for other nodes as well.

Nothing wrong with it, just makes MS easier. Vision is a great champion. If you have the expendable income and and plan on playing for a while longer I would recommend buying him.
  • Options
    Hey you know if it makes you happy go for it! I bought the 4* one back in the day and I thought that was worth it because at the time he was more or less unique, I'd seriously consider it the offer was closer to 3 Odins...
  • Options
    RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Luke cage exists and morningstar still has her place. Stop overreacting.
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Tbh i use my 4* Vision just fine against R4s
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,876 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

Already so many have bought it. 5 so far in my alliance, and more will follow.

That’s nothing to be proud of, if anything it’s to be laughed at.
  • Options

Already so many have bought it. 5 so far in my alliance, and more will follow.

That’s nothing to be proud of, if anything it’s to be laughed at.

It's definitely an absurd amount of money. Some people make an absurd amount of money, and just don't know what to do with it, so they buy a few lines of code for a period of time.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

If you knew what level alliance Riegel was in, you would realize this is actually an issue. Whales galore.

Oh I know... I know there's going to be some buying it, it's just not going to be widespread...

It’s not widespread. It’s bought by the top. The same top that paid to get MS in their defenses.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »

It’s not widespread. It’s bought by the top. The same top that paid to get MS in their defenses.

Counters happen. I don’t feel pity for them spending on champs, there’s inevitably going to be a direct counter or a champ that does it better. Spending on a champ gets a temporary advantage, they have to keep spending to keep that advantage.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Counters happen. I don’t feel pity for them spending on champs, there’s inevitably going to be a direct counter or a champ that does it better. Spending on a champ gets a temporary advantage, they have to keep spending to keep that advantage.

I know. But I don’t feel that that gives others the right to belittle other peoples “problems”.

And usually counters aren’t so specifically sold. You have a chance to get that, this is a sure thing. It’s not 100% the same.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,794 Guardian
    taojay1 wrote: »
    ...it's not like the introduction of a new bleed immune 5* is going to invalidate Morningstar as a defender. Way to be melodramatic

Her positives are her bleed and MD.

Many champs dealt with her bleed: Blade, Iceman, GR, etc.

Not many dealt with her power gain. GR can, but you can still get caught.

Vision can full drain power making MD very easy to deal with, and he is immune.

Can you kill MS with other champs? Sure yeah an Invulnerable boost and you can eat 3 sp3's and kill her easy. Now you may save some 3min boosts, and have a very versatile champ for other nodes as well.

Nothing wrong with it, just makes MS easier. Vision is a great champion. If you have the expendable income and and plan on playing for a while longer I would recommend buying him.

All true, and I think 5* OG Vision will be a very powerful attacker in some situations (I still use the 4* all the time) but I think GR still has an advantage over Vision verses Morningstar: both lack the damage to guarantee a kill before the timeout, and GR can heal back to full after a timeout. Vision can't.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Luke Cage already owns Morning Star and costs a lot less
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    She still has her value
  • Options
    MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    She’s still valid below master tiers though. She also an excellent attacker especially Medusa’s counter. I personally much prefer her as attacker than defender.
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    She’s still valid below master tiers though. She also an excellent attacker especially Medusa’s counter. I personally much prefer her as attacker than defender.

*Still valid below Whale tiers,If you ask me,Plenty of whales in platinum and gold 1
  • Options
    MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited April 2018

*Still valid below Whale tiers,If you ask me,Plenty of whales in platinum and gold 1

OP is a proud member of the Master alliance, that’s why I refer to Master tiers. Ofc, there are plenty of whales from Platinum and Gold but they might scatter here and there, so the impact of having such a champ wouldn’t be as obvious as in the top alliances to the extent that MS becomes invalid as described by OP.

Using his logic, I would say Rip to Magik, Dorm, mystic champs and all villains of the Realm with the introduction of Blade. Platinum and Gold 1 are still using them as war boss or on regular nodes.