**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are 4 stars worthless?

I'm just wondering what others think but imo since they brought challenger rating to the table they made 4 stars worthless. Especially once we can start maxing 5 stars. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Comments

• Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    4* champs still win quests, aq and wars.

Not worthless.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I think the really good ones still have value since they can tackle the harder content...the not so good ones essentially become more worthless.
  • Options
    FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    Yeah I probably shouldn't have said worthless. They do still have some value but a r4 5 star wipes the floor with a r5 4 star in aw.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Flazinator wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what others think but imo since they brought challenger rating to the table they made 4 stars worthless. Especially once we can start maxing 5 stars. Am I the only one who feels this way?

No, ironically I posted something very similar. I think they have value, but not to those in top alliances. 4/55 5*s generally carry higher prestige which helps in AQ and the higher challenger rating is huge for both AQ and AW like you pointed out.

I guess the better question is prior to the last round of nerfing would we even be having this discussion?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    they help people score 6.5 mil in arena for hypieron

Nah that was all 3* 4/40 obviously.
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    There is a select few 4* that carry weight against new content, but the health and added attack is clearly going to be needed moving forward. As seen with the coin machine boosts in 5.2. 4* aren't worthless if you grind arena or play lower tier AQ and AW. But it's clear where the game is headed. Unless of course you have deep pockets and spend a ton of money.
  • Options
    There is a select few 4* that carry weight against new content, but the health and added attack is clearly going to be needed moving forward. As seen with the coin machine boosts in 5.2. 4* aren't worthless if you grind arena or play lower tier AQ and AW. But it's clear where the game is headed. Unless of course you have deep pockets and spend a ton of money.

4/55 5*s placed on defense are still hard as heck to beat, even with skill and a max ranked SL. You make one mistake and you're gone.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

Yup I'm selling mine, done with arenas so I could care less about 3 n 4 stars.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They aren't worthless. I only use 2 5* for quests, aq, and aw. A lot of 4* at 5/50 are better than most 5*

Plus they get you points in arenas.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »

4/55 5*s placed on defense are still hard as heck to beat, even with skill and a max ranked SL. You make one mistake and you're gone.

It is of course true that in general, all other things being equal, a 4/55 is going to be stronger than a 5/50: that's obvious. But that doesn't mean 4* champions have little value for several reasons:

1. I don't think anyone can put 5 4/55s on defense and have 3 4/55s on offense and run around with a 4/55 questing team. Because no one can fill every single champion role with maxed out 4/55s, everyone still has to use 4* champions somewhere.
    2. All things aren't equal, because there is a lot of overlap between the strongest 4* champions and the weakest 5* champions (in specific roles). A 5/50 Hyperion or Nightcrawler is probably going to be a nastier defender than a 4/55 Iron Fist.
    3. Separate from the better or worse angle, roster diversity still matters, if for no other reason than Kabam will make it matter. A 3* Guillotine is better than many 5* champions to take down RoL Wolverine. 5/50 Vision or Hawkeye will do better than many 5* champions in content that requires power control.
    4. The vast overwhelming majority of players get very few 5* champions and have even fewer opportunities to dup them. Until that changes, the game itself cannot move in a direction that orphans 99.99% of all players.

I never said they could. But if you face an alliance with a few 4/55 Juggernauts it can be a nice game changer in a close war.

And I'm not against max ranked 4*s. If you read my first comment above that I made at 1:11pm I make that very clear. It is for the few hundreds or thousands of players in the truly elite alliances that 4*s are an afterthought. I'm very happy with the 4s I have. They have and continue to serve me very well.
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    edited June 2017
    they still very usefull not all of them but they are good still
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    unless you're in the top 50 alliances, no.
  • Options
    4*s will be worth about as much as 3*s are maybe one year from now. Soon as everyone maxes out their 4*s with all these money grabs 4*s will be worthless.
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I don't have any r5 4* or r3 5*, but I've been easily clearing the monthly master quests with my 4/40s and have fully explored 5.1 too without spending on heals/revives. I have enough t4cc to rank up one of each class but am saving it for if/when I get/dupe a good 5*. Seems little point in wasting t4cc on 4* now...
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Until they start releasing more t2A availability, 4*'s will still be top tier. A lot of players have 1 or 2 4/55 5*'s but 2 champs isn't even enough for AQ.

CR has so little effect between a r5 4* and a r4 5* it's basically negligible.
  • Options
    Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67

4*'s not bad as of now but 5* R4 are great for AW/AQ. Soon AW defense will have more and more 5* R4 and aginst those champs 4*'s is hard work and might need more items. Same for AQ and harder quests. Already Act5.2 with 4*'s takes a lot of time compared to 5* rank4.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    the ones you dont get are the good ones
  • Options
    WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    They may have less value due to the introduction of 5*'s, but they aren't worthless. Especially to the bulk of players. If you are still running map 3 or 4 then they are amazing champs to have. It's not until you get into the higher alliances running high prestige map 5 and 6 that the intrinsic value of 4*'s starts to diminish considerably. It's a transition period. It'll be a long while until 4*'s are really considered worthless to the larger player base.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    85 percent of the 4 stars are worthless and not maxing them
  • Options
    4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    Don't sell your 4star champs. If you want more 5stars??? Keep the 4stars that you have & Max out the sig level. That way, when you do get a dup 4star you will gain even more 5star Shards for a change at getting & new 5star Champion, or Dup the current 5star champs you already have
  • Options
    4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    Or you can sell the inventory you have....waste all that time & hit the wall that you can not get past & then get kicked from your Alliance cause you have nothing to use in AQ / AW. you need 11 champs for that. 3 for AW & 8 for AW. DO REACT out of emotion & use your brain. Be smart with your decisions & if you still need help, ask your Alliance leader to lead you with advice.

Selling a Champ for any reason is truly the worst thing you can do to your account & Fun Factor in game.
  • Options
    4*s are still incredibly important to the game and will be for a while.

1. You need four strong teams - questing, AQ, AWA and AWD. The vast majority of us do not have enough 5*s for all those teams to run simultaneously.
    2. It is far harder to dupe 5* champs and will get harder as they add more of them to the 5* basic crystals. Meanwhile getting to sig 99 for 5 4* champions is relatively easy.
    3. There are some really great 4*s that are really effective against some of the hardest content in the game. You will be bringing 4*s into Act 5 and even LOL to round out your teams even if you have some powerful 5*s at R4.
    4. Duping 4*s gets you more 5* shards.

Once you reach a certain level, 3*s are rarely used (I never use them - not even in arena at this point). But 4*s still play a vital role in the success of gameplay even for very advanced players.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    For many reasons they are not "worthless", HOWEVER, they do lose value more and more every month that goes by.
  • Options
    TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    unless you have over 50 5*s at r3 and above, 4*s have plenty of worth..you cant even max out a 5* as of yet and not many can take more than 2 to r4..and those that can will have 4 or 5 tops at r4...sooooo what are you gonna do with just that?....((no need to answer))...Until the time comes where t2 alphas are more available and the t5 basics hit the scene to max out 5*s questions like this are....Stupid...IMO
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The question is not stupid. Most 4 stars are worthless and only good for shards or synergies. As long as you have AQ AWA and AWD the rest is only for synergies variations or shards. Maybe if u are a grinder they are useful. Personally i dont waste resources on 4 stars except top 10 champs. I rank 5 stars dupe or unduped and let 4 stars collect dust. Why waste 3 T4cc, 8 T4b and tons of gold and tier 3 catalyst on useless champs. After Act 5 is fully released the landscape of this game will change forever and it is happenning this year, Stay tunned!
  • Options
    Gimli_SoGGimli_SoG Posts: 88
    Four stars become worthless the day people stop putting up 6 million points in basic and 15 million in featured to get the champ. Plain and simple
  • Options
    Because people are clueless