**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Blade? Iceman? Move over. Make room for Cap (Infinity War)

ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
So. Yeah. OK.

Pulled a 3-star Captain America (IW) from the bundle today. Like most people who have been around forever, had an awakening gem lying around to use. Also had one of those Level 99 gems, so I used that on him.

Man. I'm just telling people now. Don't say nobody told you.

I have Blade and Iceman, all the rest of the great characters. I've been around since Week 1, so I've seen the twists and turns of the game.

And I don't even know what to say about this release.

I guess I'll put it like this:

Stop what you're doing. Plan your grind for next week, then the Monday after, accordingly.

If you have a Science awakening gem, grind as hard as you effing can. If you have a Generic awakening gem, use it without fear or hesitation, ESPECIALLY if you have signature stones lying around.

If you do not do these things, if you do not take me seriously, and then you see what this character can do and then you are sour AF about it: Don't say I didn't tell you. Don't say you didn't know. Don't say you weren't warned.

Because I'm telling you: GET THIS CHARACTER.

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Vibranium must be forged with unicorn tears and sasquatch scat to do all that.

Lol....pretty much...it has been used by many a comic book writer to resolve plot holes over the years...
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    edited May 2018
    Theres a reason why he and this new iron man were added to help beat Thanos.
    They are meant to be good. And from what I hear this Cap looks great.
    Though it makes me wonder why Kabam wont redo some of the old characters and gove them more abilities. A lot of the old characters just did bleed or stun only. Nothing amazing about them.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Blade and Iceman are still better

I certainly won't be dense and pretend that Blade's Danger Sense and Iceman's Coldsnap and ability to tank L3s aren't great -- those are great characters, and great utility. Mix in Blade's regen...I mean, we all know the deal about that. Not arguing with anyone who prefers those characters.

But for me, how I play, Cap is an absolute monster. The sustainability...man, I am just an above-average player. Not the greatest. But I know all the tricks, how to bait and intercept. When I am on fire with intercepting, which I can be, I am a fairly legit player.

For me, for how I play, Cap is such a useful character -- it's just how I play.

I already run OG Vision a ton. So that Tech synergy means I get not only Petrify on Cap, but the reverse synergy means OG Vision just locks up power at just...man. I had a run on a lane with OG Vision yesterday where the opponents either procced one or no specials...at all.

Because I still use Scarlet Witch, she is dealing direct damage on Nullify. Cosmic Characters, characters like Howard or the StarkTech characters, etc., who proc Fury or Armor Up...my gosh. Just devastation.

Because those are two different classes, I get the Bonus damage on Captain America's L3. Just by doing what I always do.

Then I mix in Hulk on the team. When you do, the Science Synergy is reducing some of the attack damage and with Cap, giving Weakness in Parries. It's crazy. You already have a Hulk who is just dealing damage anyway, no matter what you do. But you aren't hitting him as hard? You are making the Hulk more sustainable? My gosh.

See, that's just how I play. For me, I already use those characters extensively anyway. With Cap -- who, even with Class Disadvantage, I took to 288 hits as a 3-star against ROL Winter Soldier as an example of his durability -- it just makes those characters even better while giving me another character who hits hard, shrugs off debuffs...man.

Blade and Iceman absolutely have some great mechanics. Have them both. Really love Iceman, too.

But I will absolutely be using Cap more, especially if I can get a 4 or 5-star awakened
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Interesting assessment of Cap (IW)...It seems like that was a 125k Marvel Insider points well spent!
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    If he is as great as being reported it will not surprise me at all if Kabam determines that he was slightly bugged and correct that turning the odds back in there favor. AFTER they have sold plenty of Crystals and people grinded 72 hours of their life away to out up 100M points in arena that is
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    You forgot how he takes 0 damage on parries lol
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Well you talk about how blade isn't the best because he needs Stark and GR to reach his full potential, then immediately go into the awesome things Cap IW does with certain synergies 😂

I pulled his 4* but gonna continue to use void for my Petrify needs.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    My take from Captain America Infinity War's abilities:

1) 30% glancing with kinetic charge, possible match-saving ability
    2) 100% defensive ability reduction with kinetic charge on special attack, RIP evade/aura of incineration/limbo/unstoppable
    3) massive damage on special attacks under circumstances easy to achieve
    4) very high prestige at 4*, higher than Mordo, not sure how that will translate to 5*
    5) interesting sig ability

Possible God Tier champion, time will tell how useful he will be in modes that offer the game's best rewards
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Well you talk about how blade isn't the best because he needs Stark and GR to reach his full potential, then immediately go into the awesome things Cap IW does with certain synergies 😂

That's literally the opposite of what I said. I said you can't knock Cap for it, because Blade is the same with that

• HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Wait for the nerf - then repost above comments with edits
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Headroller wrote: »
    Wait for the nerf - then repost above comments with edits

Or the 5* will have terrible prestige aka "Sparky Syndrome"
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Have him as a 5* and while he is above average he will not take any of the top spots for attack in any aspect of the game for me.

If you were to start this game over he would help you clear a lot of content but for some of us he won’t get the rank 4 nod.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I have him 4* rk5 awakened (only sig level6) and he is awesome. Totally agree with OP.

Anyone have any thoughts on what nodes he might be useful for as a war defender? Was thinking that folks won’t be so familiar with fighting him yet so him might be awkward to come up against.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    ESF wrote: »

That's literally the opposite of what I said. I said you can't knock Cap for it, because Blade is the same with that

yes but blades synergy is with 1 god tier, and 1 demi god tier (bordering god tier). Who cares if you need to rely on synergy if its with other amazing champs. The only time relying on synergy is a burden is for people like medusa who has synergy with 2 average (if that) champions.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Holy Super Duper Hyperbole Batman!

Get this man a shield... I mean sock
    ...and keep the sock when you're done.
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    I just brought my cap IW 5* to r4 and his fury sp2 is rediculous if it crits. I've gotten like 48k crit on it before. My question though, is with the Cosmic Power synergy. So much potential here!

Hypothetically, if I brought Thor, Cap IW, and Superior IM for AQ would SIM Regen be 25% more? I know Regen is a fixed amount, but it is a cosmic buff. Or Thor, cap, Hyperion 25% longer power gain?
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    edited June 2018
    Btw, if you aren't sold yet. This is with 3/5 kinetic potential, heavy cancelled into sp2. That being said, I still bring Blade, GR and my 6* LC to AW. Currently cap and his synergies are my go to for aq

lyxiuxlnzlbt.png