**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank down

13»

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    We need 4 star rank down tickets
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    If RDT's are to ever enter the contest as a permanent feature they need to be limited and narrowly focused. The original 12.0 RDT's were too much (I personally used them to rank down and up the same champ for the solo rank up event) and the ones last Christmas were just a waste. I believe an RDT that gets you a rank up gem of the same star/rank level and champ type wouldn't be too awful.

This is not to say I am in favor of them at all, though. I'd prefer if they never make their way back to the contest unless there is a 12.0 all over again.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Just no. Be mindful and careful of who you rank up is all.vant get a mulligan everytime
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    edited May 2018
    I love this conversation. Reasons for the 'no' argument:
    1. I know who the best champs are and I already have them ranked up
    2. I don't have the best champs yet, but I don't mind waiting forever and hording resources
    3. I only want to use the best champs
    4. It breaks prestige.

Arguments 1 - 3 : who cares what you like or want. Letting others have rank down tickets doesn't effect you at all.
    Argument 4 : valid point for those that give a **** about prestige and being 'the guy'.

Solution: Give rank down tickets to people under (x000) prestige who don't care about being in the top prestige race and that just want to have fun playing around and trying out new champs to play with in hard content instead of saving/using the same 'God' tier champs for everything all the time.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Tax wrote: »
    2. I don't have the best champs yet, but I don't mind waiting forever and hording resources
    4. It breaks prestige.

Arguments 1 - 3 : who cares what you like or want. Letting others have rank down tickets doesn't effect you at all.
    Argument 4 : valid point for those that give a **** about prestige and being 'the guy'.

Solution: Give rank down tickets to people under (x000) prestige that just want to have fun playing around and trying out new champs to play with in hard content instead of saving/using the same 'God' tier champs for everything all the time.

Argument with 4= It breaks the rewards that prestige is based off of.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Avetrex2 wrote: »
    I was once very skilled with my Black Panther Civil War, I decided to take him to rank 4, I have now realized how bad he actually is and I am starting to request a buff on him or the original rank down tickets- Give gold and ISO-8 back- and give us only one ticket for 4*, 5*, and maybe even 3*

You get NEITHER
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    How about u stop ranking up garbage champs instead

I have 20 4 stars got tier ranked FYI
    How about u stop ranking up garbage champs instead

I have 20 4 stars got tier ranked FYI

Then you don't need rank down tickets

I do. I have new champs i want to enjoy
  • rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    What people need are more rank up materials (the items that are being held back, t4b alphas, gold) not rank downs
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Tax wrote: »
    4. It breaks prestige.

Solution: Give rank down tickets to people under (x000) prestige who don't care about being in the top prestige race and that just want to have fun playing around and trying out new champs to play with in hard content instead of saving/using the same 'God' tier champs for everything all the time.

That's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. None of those arguments against RDTs is the actual reason why RDTs aren't handed out. I've mentioned the reason more times than I can count, but it just seems to be insufficiently interesting for anyone to really take seriously because it is a game design reason, not an advocacy based reason.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Tempest wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Then you have no shortage of Resources, so why are you asking for Tickets?

He's not the only one asking though

I was responding to the contradiction.

People have been asking since they came, and their purpose has still been the same. They're for major changes to Champs, such as the ones we saw during 12.0. We had a gift of them at Christmas, but the game isn't really designed for mainstream use of them. It's designed around acquiring new Resources and Ranking more Champs. I understand they wanted to give people a surprise at Chrsitmas, but honestly, I think it just fed the expectation more. All this time people have spent asking, they could have earned the Resources to Rank who they wanted, 3-fold. I hope they don't return myself. They're counterintuitive to the point of the game.

Well here is a question.... I agree that if a champ is changed in a major way, then that is a valid reason to issue them (and even then, they should be specific ones for that champ). But here is another perspective, what if they introduce a new champ that basically makes another champ useless? For example, what if I rank 4-ed a Mordo back when he was a good defender... and then they introduced Blade, therefore rendering Mordo almost useless in AWD (and every war in the top 3 tiers is full of blades on attack). I mean, those T2A are extremely rare, and it is a waste to put them on Mordo. He is no longer able to serve his purpose to the player. At least Magik is still a great attacker... Mordo for most players is only a defensive champ. At the time of ranking, he was a good choice, but now he is seen as a bad rank-up.

I only use Mordo as an illustrative example. In the future, fear of this happening again will prevent players from ranking defensive champions. This means those defensive champs are in a way wasted, as they will never be fully utilized for fear that a new Blade will come along later and render them useless, and you would have wasted your T2A. Kabam would have to design future champs to be offensive or dual use, unless they want the champ to just sit at the bottom of rosters.
    Hey There,

What you've described is an evolving Meta, and it's something that will always happen in every game that receives continuous content and updates. This is not grounds to say that your Champion has changed and is certainly not an example for when Rank Down tickets would be warranted.

We're glad to see you all enjoyed the Rank Down tickets that were distributed in December, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) that does not mean that they are going to become a regular addition to the Contest.

I don't agree at all. I'm still mad about the 6* that made 90% of my 4* useless, and that's include every single T4CC spent to rank them up. IMHO, that is not evolving Meta, it's screwing players.

@Badrose There is no situation where 1 6* can make 90% of your 4*'s useless unless you have 2 4*'s and your 6* is the same as one of the 4*'s. 4* champs are still useful even if you have 5 and 6 star champs. They are good for arena, I still use mine for AW defense and also while my main champs are in AQ/AW I use my R5 4*'s for Heroic/Master quests. So if you really think 1 6* champ makes the rest useless, it's just not true.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Evolving Meta - Your older champs will be nerfed to hell by a series of newer champ abilities and nodes that will be strategically placed in every challenging intersection of AW/AQ to effectively retire your previously valuable champs.

They will probably give us a RDT again in December but that’s the most you can realistically expect. Other than that as other guys have posted you gotta be very picky about who you chose to rank up.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

People have been asking since they came, and their purpose has still been the same. They're for major changes to Champs, such as the ones we saw during 12.0. We had a gift of them at Christmas, but the game isn't really designed for mainstream use of them. It's designed around acquiring new Resources and Ranking more Champs. I understand they wanted to give people a surprise at Chrsitmas, but honestly, I think it just fed the expectation more. All this time people have spent asking, they could have earned the Resources to Rank who they wanted, 3-fold. I hope they don't return myself. They're counterintuitive to the point of the game.

Well here is a question.... I agree that if a champ is changed in a major way, then that is a valid reason to issue them (and even then, they should be specific ones for that champ). But here is another perspective, what if they introduce a new champ that basically makes another champ useless? For example, what if I rank 4-ed a Mordo back when he was a good defender... and then they introduced Blade, therefore rendering Mordo almost useless in AWD (and every war in the top 3 tiers is full of blades on attack). I mean, those T2A are extremely rare, and it is a waste to put them on Mordo. He is no longer able to serve his purpose to the player. At least Magik is still a great attacker... Mordo for most players is only a defensive champ. At the time of ranking, he was a good choice, but now he is seen as a bad rank-up.

I only use Mordo as an illustrative example. In the future, fear of this happening again will prevent players from ranking defensive champions. This means those defensive champs are in a way wasted, as they will never be fully utilized for fear that a new Blade will come along later and render them useless, and you would have wasted your T2A. Kabam would have to design future champs to be offensive or dual use, unless they want the champ to just sit at the bottom of rosters.
    Hey There,

What you've described is an evolving Meta, and it's something that will always happen in every game that receives continuous content and updates. This is not grounds to say that your Champion has changed and is certainly not an example for when Rank Down tickets would be warranted.

We're glad to see you all enjoyed the Rank Down tickets that were distributed in December, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) that does not mean that they are going to become a regular addition to the Contest.

I don't agree at all. I'm still mad about the 6* that made 90% of my 4* useless, and that's include every single T4CC spent to rank them up. IMHO, that is not evolving Meta, it's screwing players.

@Badrose There is no situation where 1 6* can make 90% of your 4*'s useless unless you have 2 4*'s and your 6* is the same as one of the 4*'s. 4* champs are still useful even if you have 5 and 6 star champs. They are good for arena, I still use mine for AW defense and also while my main champs are in AQ/AW I use my R5 4*'s for Heroic/Master quests. So if you really think 1 6* champ makes the rest useless, it's just not true.

What the hell are you talking about? Events are now based on 6*, who cares about heroic or master... Go to Act 5, or uncollected events and tell me how many 4s heroes are still useful...
    edited May 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Hey There,

What the hell are you talking about? Events are now based on 6*, who cares about heroic or master... Go to Act 5, or uncollected events and tell me how many 4s heroes are still useful...

@Badrose That is about the most ignorant statement yet. Do you have 5 6* champs for UC EQ? Didn't think so. I do uncollected with 4 and 5* champs. I did act 5 with 4 and 5* champs as well. 100% the entire act with 4 and 5* champs.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Guys, you don't have to come here acting like super skilled players. Guess what, I use 4* too... I use Tech Spiderman, I use Archangel, I use Hyperion, Magik and few others. But I said 90% (maybe less, ok) are now useless and then I asked how many are still useful. I think you are well aware that with certain nodes, against certain 6* champs, you have about 0% chance to win. The fact that you can win an uncollected fight even with a 3* with 4-500 hits, doesn't make 3* still useful. A classic example is Wolverine which was a so called god tier. Yes, you can still use it in uncollected events, only if you waste your time with about 100 hits per fight... And forget the boss!

Also, 6* made 5* way more easier to get, so we can even talk about how useful are 4* in AW today. Let's say zero? (unless you play low level wars) - And they both use the same rank up materials, so basically every T4B-CC used for what was an excellent defender, is now in a special trashcan called oblivion.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Guys, you don't have to come here acting like super skilled players. Guess what, I use 4* too... I use Tech Spiderman, I use Archangel, I use Hyperion, Magik and few others. But I said 90% (maybe less, ok) are now useless and then I asked how many are still useful. I think you are well aware that with certain nodes, against certain 6* champs, you have about 0% chance to win. The fact that you can win an uncollected fight even with a 3* with 4-500 hits, doesn't make 3* still useful. A classic example is Wolverine which was a so called god tier. Yes, you can still use it in uncollected events, only if you waste your time with about 100 hits per fight... And forget the boss!

Also, 6* made 5* way more easier to get, so we can even talk about how useful are 4* in AW today. Let's say zero? (unless you play low level wars) - And they both use the same rank up materials, so basically every T4B-CC used for what was an excellent defender, is now in a special trashcan called oblivion.

Well said champ
    The 4* they are referring to are probably the god tiers blade stark SL gr magik aa gp.
    I use those 4* too.
    I don't use about 85% of 4* roster why? **** nodes
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

Well said champ
    The 4* they are referring to are probably the god tiers blade stark SL gr magik aa gp.
    I use those 4* too.

I use 5/50 DV, 5/50 blade, 5/50 yondu, 5/50 Mm, and 5/50 luke cage. I also sometimes use a not even demigod tier 5/50 electro. Do I have high 5* champs? Yes, but I find it easier to use my 4*. And fight take like 60 hits in uc eq.
    Sac123_ wrote: »

Well said champ
    I use those 4* too.

I use 5/50 DV, 5/50 blade, 5/50 yondu, 5/50 Mm, and 5/50 luke cage. I also sometimes use a not even demigod tier 5/50 electro. Do I have high 5* champs? Yes, but I find it easier to use my 4*. And fight take like 60 hits in uc eq.

Want a cookie?
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258

Well said champ
    I use those 4* too.

Want a cookie?

Eh I like cake more. But I'll take a cookie. But I suppose you think people can only eat the 6* cookies to get full huh?

Well said champ
    I use those 4* too.

Want a cookie?

Eh I like cake more. But I'll take a cookie. But I suppose you think people can only eat the 6* cookies to get full huh?

Don't get your statement
    Didn't say anything about a 6*

They are useless to you. There are still tons of players out there that need 4* champs. Just because you dont need 4*'s anymore, doesnt mean the rest of the community doesn't. You dont need RDTs because you are starting to get 5 and 6* champs now. You need to earn the reasoucea like you did with 4*'s. There isnt any game out there that allows you to derank because something new was introduced. Thats What evolving meta is.
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    edited May 2018
    Avetrex2 wrote: »
    I was once very skilled with my Black Panther Civil War, I decided to take him to rank 4, I have now realized how bad he actually is and I am starting to request a buff on him or the original rank down tickets- Give gold and ISO-8 back- and give us only one ticket for 4*, 5*, and maybe even 3*

You get NEITHER

If you were here with the v12.0 update, they did give back gold and Iso-8 back. How long have you been playing this game?