**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drax nerf no more a mordo killer Astra evade now gets him

2»

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I hate fighting Mordo. Whenever i fight him in arenas or AW, he always has the mastery that resists heavy attacks. Once he resisted 4 in a row. I was so sad/mad. Lol
    Now i just avoid him if when can. Lol

Need to watch more vids on how to fight him.
    You can bait heavy attacks by holding a block when near an enemy. This is a VERY effective way to fight Mordo. Hold block when you're right in front of him. When he winds up, evade back to dodge the heavy and punish him.

This is also very handy against IMIW and Medusa, only you should punish with a heavy instead of a 5-hit combo.

As these are very common defenders, I'd suggest practicing this method until it's second nature. If you find yourself getting backed into a wall, don't be bashful about hammering the enemy's block to push him back. Mordo has a low block proficiency, so this is also a good way to score some extra damage.

• Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Come on - anyone with half a brain should have realized that Drax completely bypassing Astral Evade was a bug. I'm all for ranking up and taking advantage of that but do it knowing that eventually it's going to get fixed.

And your other half brain should realize that Drax was unique with his 6-hits combo and his double first hit. The Astral evade intercept was completely logic in game mechanics.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Come on - anyone with half a brain should have realized that Drax completely bypassing Astral Evade was a bug. I'm all for ranking up and taking advantage of that but do it knowing that eventually it's going to get fixed.

And your other half brain should realize that Drax was unique with his 6-hits combo and his double first hit. The Astral evade intercept was completely logic in game mechanics.

Combo mechanics shouldn't ignore or bypass abilities. The interaction between them was clearly a bug, and confirmed as one since the very beginning
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I for one love appeals to logic in a game that sports two living humanoid trees, women wielding swords that don't make anyone bleed, a player who does make you bleed if he bumps into you just right, champions who pull swords and guns from...not sure I want to know where, an ice cold champ who can be damaged by cold, a flaming skeleton who can be burned and poisoned, a guy who can control magnetism but can't stop bullets, unstoppable characters who really can't go unstoppable until they find their twins, a Spider-man with no spider sense until he finds his twin, a regenerating mutant who cannot regenerate, a thunder god who can be shocked, a mutant who wields lightning who can be shocked...

Dr. Zola
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    To add; there was a discussion way back where one of Kabam’s lackies acknowledged it and basically said “oh cool it’s fine”
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    To add; there was a discussion way back where one of Kabam’s lackies acknowledged it and basically said “oh cool it’s fine”

@Mr_Otter? When did you get put in jail?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    So when you'll were asked about Drax going through Mordos astral evade, you said it was working as intended? Now that he is stopped by astral evade it is working as intended? But there was no effort towards establishing it either way? No aspect of me summarizing Kabaams official stances on this issue passes the common sense test. Thanks for the "quick" response. Feel free to let us know about any other complete functional changes of gameplay due to frame rate change or any other "tweeks" that were made.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    I can’t belibe Kabam they are making it up as they go along. , words from Kabam then self drax is a mordo counter how is that now !! No, change it how u like it is a joke and u making the game no fun unless ur will to offer rank down tickets then u are affecting the way player look at the company and that will in turn affect the game and ur profits
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    So when you'll were asked about Drax going through Mordos astral evade, you said it was working as intended? Now that he is stopped by astral evade it is working as intended? But there was no effort towards establishing it either way? No aspect of me summarizing Kabaams official stances on this issue passes the common sense test. Thanks for the "quick" response. Feel free to let us know about any other complete functional changes of gameplay due to frame rate change or any other "tweeks" that were made.

I have seen them suggest Drax to fight Mordo with...but have never seen them say it was "working as intended".

Saw @Kabam Miike refer to this as a bug in the past:

xkhxgs5cn54h.png
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    BTW, not trying to defend Kabam here....but if we are not honest with our arguments, it becomes easy for Kabam to discount them.
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    Hey Everybody,

We've just confirmed with the team that we have made no changes to Drax. While Drax, and some other Champions like X-23 and Elektra, are sometimes able to bypass Mordo's Astral Evade, this was never an intended effect, and was completely reliant on the frame rate and performance of your device. We have mentioned this in the past.

A change in the frame rate during a fight could mean that on your first attempt, you successfully bypassed the Astral Evade, while the second time you try, you could not.

With the release of version 18.1, we made a number of performance updates to the game, and this could result in a boost to your frame rate. There are intended workarounds to Astral Evade, like Fatigue and Concussion, as described in Mordo's abilities.

Then what about cosmic spidey's passive evade buff?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    @Solswerd, I saw it in another thread. I paraphrased but that is essentially what they said. I would find it for you but it's been hard to keep up with what is where in the nerf complaint threads due to how much they are deleting them. They spent several hours deleting threads instead of just addressing the complaint.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Lambda1 wrote: »

Combo mechanics shouldn't ignore or bypass abilities. The interaction between them was clearly a bug, and confirmed as one since the very beginning

Never and I mean never confirmed. In fact the opposite is true and mods have stated it was working as intended. You are not well informed
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

You mean this?

55qjjrl2q587.png

And this?

0qgqq7xknij3.png

It was an unintended consequence/bug. However it became a well-known strength of Drax's, and it's not like he was over-burdened with cool abilities. I grinded to awaken my Drax in the 4-star arena partly for this ability.

There will be more details in the old forums, but is there really any point searching then to find somewhere that a moderator said it was fine, now? They've clearly changed their minds and 'fixed' it.

Let's at least try and see it as a buff to Mordo rather than a nerf to Drax. Mordo's had several counters introduced recently. You'll just need to take him out with Captain America instead.

I'm not begging for RDTs, but really am frustrated by the utter lack of transparency by Kabam. Given that examples of the fixes in prior updates include such details as "Fixed an issue where Punisher’s Special 3 Attack Description indicated an increase of Damage instead of Attack", you'd think that fixing this 'Bug' would be worthy of a mention.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I am in for compensation
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    The whole debate over 'bug' or 'nerf' is irrelevant. It is a change to the mechanics and existing game play Kabam created those mechanics and people relied upon them since its been allowed to exist for many months.

Just because a character's mechanics gives a benefit not originally foreseen by Kabam doesn't mean it is broken and needs to be changed. I don't think anyone upset by this is acting out of line.

X-23 and Electra get past astral evade as well. Does that mean I should expect them to be changed out of the blue some day? Rulk is super effective against Mystics. Is he going to be changed. How are we supposed to know what benefits/advantages to certain characters are intended and which Kabam may, some day, decide to take away?
This discussion has been closed.