**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IMIW and Domino are game breaking champs

Comments

• Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    if they can adjust sentry easily without doing a beta then they should start doing that to old champs.
    whats the point of old useless champs that we can still pull from 5* crystals? makes no sense and in a constructive manner I wish they adjusted all the old champs
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    All beatable... just watch the right utuber.

tell me what did they say to beat domino then?
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    What's bad is she has amazing offensive abilities so no YouTuber will come out and say how broken she is because everyone will want to own her. Just like everyone wanted SW before 12.0. it's really an interesting idea but went to far, a champ shouldn't break basic mechanics like Dex, parry and blocking. Kabam was worrying about AA being game breaking because of his stun...then they break everything with one champ and to top it off add unavoidable damage. Smh.
  • Options
    hurricant wrote: »
    IMIW - in war, people who have him in high tiers can basically stop the other alliance. If you don't have him you're **** out of luck and you will lose wars.

Domino - enough has been said about her lazy game-breaking design. When a champ affects the abilities of every other champ in the game and has no counter, that's game-breaking.

Something has gotta be done about these champs. Fix them. Remove some abilities. It's ridiculous how this is the direction the game is going.

then use 10 lvl 3 team revive potions as everyone have that in every war.....
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    yeah but only the parry stun component.... not the actual block.......

and she stops passive evade..... not manual dexterity.......

@Maat1985 Domino breaking blocks has been confirmed to be a bug. I had no trouble exploring this month’s uncollected event quest. I used my 5* Voodoo against Domino and had no problems evading or avoiding any of her attacks.

Voodoo got critical failures constantly against Domino because his loa percentage per hit is 10% and he still destroyed her with his 50% ability reduction. Domino’s heavy attack is easy to avoid both with and without using dexterity, her sp1 is easy to evade because her animation is slow, and her sp2 is easy to avoid without using dexterity.

She has the potential to be more of a nightmare on AW defense than IMIW but players can decrease their chances of getting stuck against her by ranking up more options for AW attackers. Like some players have pointed out Gladiator Hulk is a great counter for Domino.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Domino. Yeah. People should maybe be a little concerned about this one

I don't know enough to draw a definite conclusion yet about Domino, but based on what I do know if I had to give odds on Domino being changed in some way for game balance reasons in the next six months, I'd currently give those odds as about 30% in favor. For context, I think the odds of IMIW being adjusted for game balance reasons in the next six months are less than one percent.

I should point out that doesn't reflect whether I think Domino needs adjustments or not. That reflects the odds that Domino is determined to be sufficiently outside the acceptable range of performance that the developers would have no choice but to change her. But I'm mostly analyzing Domino on paper, I have limited experience with her so far.

See, here's the thing: In a perfect world...man, I absolutely HATE nerfs. I don't want characters to be weaker. I would actually like many characters to be stronger.

Domino is just really hard to explain -- I am honestly kinda stunned the character was released like this. When people get the character on Sunday and start testing...you have to see some of the damage and utility in action to believe it.

I can't even imagine fighting this character in a Boss Rush or Challenge with some of the nodes they can put on her. My gosh, just a Power Gain node alone and she starts proccing Lucky repeatedly...man.

Can she be killed? Sure. There are weaknesses. Not poison immune, for example. She's not that sturdy, either -- chip damage gets after her pretty good.

But when she is proccing...man. It almost doesn't matter what you do, in some scenarios. People who are saying "git gud"...LOL

Said it in another thread, but she feels about as close to a pre-12.0 character as we have seen. I only have the 3-star. I can't even fathom what a 5/65 Domino could do

The way I look at it, changing IMIW and Domino aren't nerf, they're fixes. There are clearly things in this game that go over the dev team's heads. That's not a shot at them, this is a huge game with hundreds of champs and nodes.

There little changed that each champ should have had in the first place that the dev team missed or didn't see.

IMIW: only allow auto-parry happen on his molecular armors, not any armor.

Domino: Only allow critical failure to happen when her abilities cause them to fail, not any time an ability doesn't proc.

It's so simple, but still way too much for them to see.
  • Options
    It's so simple, but still way too much for them to see.

Hundreds of game characters that each have multiple abilities and different variables pertaining to each of their abilities probably makes it easier than not to overlook one or a few problematic interactions.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    yeah but only the parry stun component.... not the actual block.......

and she stops passive evade..... not manual dexterity.......

@Maat1985 Domino breaking blocks has been confirmed to be a bug. I had no trouble exploring this month’s uncollected event quest. I used my 5* Voodoo against Domino and had no problems evading or avoiding any of her attacks.

Voodoo got critical failures constantly against Domino because his loa percentage per hit is 10% and he still destroyed her with his 50% ability reduction. Domino’s heavy attack is easy to avoid both with and without using dexterity, her sp1 is easy to evade because her animation is slow, and her sp2 is easy to avoid without using dexterity.

She has the potential to be more of a nightmare on AW defense than IMIW but players can decrease their chances of getting stuck against her by ranking up more options for AW attackers. Like some players have pointed out Gladiator Hulk is a great counter for Domino.

i have had no trouble exploring uncollected eq either.

how about Domino completely stoping dexterity???
    see what happens here when i try to dex a heavy.... i get failure and cop the heavy. there was no option bu to attempt a dex and i suffer 50% health loss....

qrbug9hoaup8.gif

how can you fight someone when she just randomly stops you from moving????

glad hulk is a great counter.... he activiates face me from the passive dot ability... but hew will still not stop her from making dex fail.....
    that is my issue the failing of dexterity. being caused to freeze and get hit....
  • Options
    how about Domino completely stoping dexterity???
    see what happens here when i try to dex a heavy.... i get failure and cop the heavy. there was no option bu to attempt a dex and i suffer 50% health loss....

qrbug9hoaup8.gif

how can you fight someone when she just randomly stops you from moving????

glad hulk is a great counter.... he activiates face me from the passive dot ability... but hew will still not stop her from making dex fail.....
    that is my issue the failing of dexterity. being caused to freeze and get hit....

@Maat1985 It looks like your evade was late. Critical failure doesn't appear until Domino's grenade throw makes contact with Juggernaut. There's a time frame of maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of a second where Domino is charging her heavy attack, you can tell because she's leaning back while holding her grenade with her left arm/hand. I think you would've evaded successfully had you evaded while Domino was charging her heavy attack as opposed to trying to evade after she stopped charging her heavy attack.
  • Options
    @DTMelodicMetal she is clearly making dexterity fail. yes my evade may have been slightly slower than optimal but she is clearly making dexterity fail....
    making dexterity fail is a joke....
  • Options
    @DTMelodicMetal what is your answer to this then?????

87rwj0k4s0rk.png

does that seem legit to you???? seems broken to me.....
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @DTMelodicMetal she is clearly making dexterity fail. yes my evade may have been slightly slower than optimal but she is clearly making dexterity fail....

She's definitely bugged but I don't think she's as bad as players are saying. I evaded her sp1 projectile 10 + times without having any dexterity problems. We won't know how bugged she is until we start facing her in AW.
  • Options

She's definitely bugged but I don't think she's as bad as players are saying. I evaded her sp1 projectile 10 + times without having any dexterity problems. We won't know how bugged she is until we start facing her in AW.

that is my point...
    i have no problem with her making abilities fails and cause the failure damage.....

what i do have aproblem with is her interatction withe block breaking, dexterity, champs abilities that she does not make fail......
    she is clearly bugged yes....
    she will most likely determine the outcome of wars in her current state....
    so she needs to be fixed.....
    but releasing champs and then requiring them to need extensive repair is not ideal./ it puts off the player base on 2 occasions. having bugged player released and then again on "fix/nerf"

they need to fix the testing side of their department and make sure champs are tested more. i can understand 1 or 2 bugs but these are quite obvious and severe.....

in her current state she is game breaking........
  • Options

yes and in her current state she is game breaking.

they cant release broken champs.
    one or two bugs can be understandable. but not to this extent.
    they need to test better before release.

now people get angry cus she is clearly broken and OP.
    then kabam will be forced to fix her and people will get angry she was nerfed/fixed
    they need to improve the testing department and not release broken champs.

she will decide the outcome of wars in her current state.
    imagine her on an enhanced abilities node.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    So far, there's only one aspect that's being investigated. She's just good. We'll adapt.
  • Options
    So far, there's only one aspect that's being investigated. She's just good. We'll adapt.

there needs to be more than one fix........
    block break - being investigated......
    dexterity failiure - ??????
    causing crit failure whn an ability with 0% chance to proc fails - ?????

atleast those 3 need to be fixed....
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Adapt to having to shell out thousands of units on Aw revives when that fight with domino is what stands between a master AW season bracket and plat 1. All the pressure to win landing on some poor sod’s shoulders because kabam have released more unavoidable damage.
  • Options
    i am sure now we will start seeing new champs released that have this ability
    "abilities of this champ can never fail"
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

Adapt to having to shell out thousands of units on Aw revives when that fight with domino is what stands between a master AW season bracket and plat 1. All the pressure to win landing on some poor sod’s shoulders because kabam have released more unavoidable damage.

Well luckily they just put an alliance war package on sale today! Get ‘em while you can!
  • Options
    i dont think domino really needs this bs ability. i mean even without it she is insanely strong one or maybe two slipups and you are gone..... dead for all money..... and she has a unique moveset.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

But see, earlier you were defending the release just to defend it. I have the character, and I was telling you that the mechanic can't work like that.

Again: You can't adapt to a character that can break blocks AND neutralize evade.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZvEnvtJGs

6* Domino wrecked by Gulk. Couldn’t get her to use her sp1, no problems evading her heavy attack. Tag LOL if you have no comeback.

AW will show how unbalanced Domino is.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

But see, earlier you were defending the release just to defend it. I have the character, and I was telling you that the mechanic can't work like that.

Again: You can't adapt to a character that can break blocks AND neutralize evade.

Not sure why you are bothering with him. Don't have to adapt much in bronze 1. She's a very concerning champ. She'll be beatable with the right champs if you play perfect and have some good RNG. I really don't like her design, she shouldn't be able to interfer with Dex and such.
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    My main concern is that we have almost no options besides 5 (being generous) per new INSANE OP champ besides the usual counter released within a month or 2 of them

We need more buffs. Imagine if Groot/OML got the Rulk treatment in control of their charges. Keep bringing it up. Ask why Gamora and Hawkeye can’t “wait for another signature use” like LC

Why can’t this one be resistant to bleed or poison or energy damage debuffs or passive damage etc…

Why can’t Classic/WWII Captain America block unblockable with a parry (no really why?!)
    Furthermore if that is a valid question, can CIVIL WARRIOR parry projectiles?

What if Gambit was made AFTER Nebula?

Why does Classic Panther LITERALLY have no niche even as the “original token bleed champ” when Wolverine and Drax were also originals?

Why shouldn’t IF or cyclops have armor break?

Why can’t Abomination be like Thor Ragnarok or Mephisto with his poison?

Why can’t HB switch between tank mode and assault mode like NC or spidergwen?!

What if we added more tag interactions?
    What if we added more class interactions?

What if… we stopped demanding only nerfs and instead started demanding BUFFS too?! What if even if we didn’t have THE BEST counter but we still had amazing checks based on newer-ish mechanics but not always the same potency or ease of use

Stop making so much sense 😂