**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

More AW manipulation.

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We are aware of this, and are looking into it. This is certainly not in the spirit of healthy competition, and not what we want Alliance Wars to be. Keep in mind that we will not comment on any ongoing investigations or actions taken as a result.

Please reduce the points 2*, 3* and low rank 4* and 5* champs provide in master bracket wars.

That's not really a fair solution.

Sure it is. How would this negatively effect someone in master bracket?

You can't really make an alteration like that to Master only, and adjusting Points based on Rank and Rarity is pretty complex in terms of the scoring, but also opens up a whole other degree of issues. Not saying what you're presenting isn't a problem. Just that I don't think the suggestion is a viable solution.

Nothing is going to be easy, but unless something is done those who cheat will keep cheating. They aren't getting banned, so they move to a new alliance and find more ways to cheat.
    NigelBoy wrote: »
    How about penalty for heavily piloted alliances?? A couple of really good players are playing wars for the whole alliance? It happens a lot at master, plat 1 and plat 2 level. Are you guys also looking into it??

Yes you punished 3 of top alliance recently. But we all know its happening alot more than that.

How about penalties for any piloting at all not just "heavy" or "excessive" piloting.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hey Summoners,

We are aware of this, and are looking into it. This is certainly not in the spirit of healthy competition, and not what we want Alliance Wars to be. Keep in mind that we will not comment on any ongoing investigations or actions taken as a result.

Please reduce the points 2*, 3* and low rank 4* and 5* champs provide in master bracket wars.

You can't really make an alteration like that to Master only, and adjusting Points based on Rank and Rarity is pretty complex in terms of the scoring, but also opens up a whole other degree of issues. Not saying what you're presenting isn't a problem. Just that I don't think the suggestion is a viable solution.

I'm not sure I like the idea, but I don't see how it is unfair. We already make points changes based on tier: we give higher tier alliances large point multipliers. We let them score more points per war because of the presumption that they are stronger alliances facing stronger alliances and thus fighting harder wars. If top tier alliances are deliberately engineering matchups or coordinating wars in such a way to eliminate that difficulty, then they are subverting the reasoning behind getting a higher multiplier and more points.

It is not a question of treating the master bracket differently from all other brackets. We already do that implicitly, because all those alliances are only in the master bracket because they get more points per war than other alliances. The game gives them that multiplier, it can also take it away if the reason for getting it in the first place turns out to not be true.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    easy fix IMO

if an alliance has not participated in a war the war rating drops
    the longer an ally does not war the faster it drops
    at the top if a shell ally wars they could not win so war rating drops
    but if they dont war rating will drop
    after a little while the ally will have dropped and no longer be useful to them.
    My fav option is actually ban cheaters. lol

yeah i think also the empty shell allies should go anyway
  • nopenope Posts: 134

Aggressively and without worries about who they are or which alliance.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Whatever you might want done about shells, it has to allow for the possibility of players setting up their own single player or extremely tiny alliances for just a few friends. We can't vaporize single player alliances just because they can be problematic for war.

I'm fine with war rating decay, but not with eliminating alliances altogether.
    For_Spetz wrote: »
    Funny how taking to Twitter is the best way to get Kabam's attention. There has been search manipulation, shell alliances matching, piloting still going on, but Twitter and social media is the best method. I will go make a Twitter account now.

Are matchmaking rooms where the top alliances take turns searching for wars considered manipulation also? If we post screenshots of that to Twitter, what will happen? Full disclosure, I am from ISO8A. From the start of the season, we've been grinding out tough wars just like everyone else. There is no piloting, no defense hacks, no cheating that goes on here. Every war is a tough war and takes max boosts to limit deaths just like everyone else. We're all spending money on boosts and FGMCs and arena refreshes to get the new best defense champs every 2 weeks. This was ONE war that wasn't even planned to match, the matchmaking system just did it. I don't mind posting every war of our history. ISO8B is its own alliance doing its own things, completely separate. They have members in there who want season rewards just like any other alliance, so they did matchmaking. If they had members in there who didn't want to place, how is that really our fault. If we match a top alliance next war and we don't place any defenders, is that alliance going to get penalized as well? It's funny cause people think ISO8A and ISO8B are the same, but they are two completely separate alliances gone in different directions who just happen to share a similar name now.

It's sad that the master bracket has turned completely into a wild accusation shitfest. Every alliance believes the other alliance is piloting and reports every other alliance. The truth is that no one is really truly piloting anymore (except maybe 1 or 2 alliances, everyone has heard the phone rumors where the pilot is sent a separate phone for each member he is piloting by now). But outside of that, the top 3 was decided handily last week. We'll protest the penalty, probably get completely ignored by Kabam, and come out swinging the last few wars. We'll still be clearing <10 deaths because nothing has changed here except a bigger chip on the shoulder :)

You want some crackers to go with that wine ? 🍷 😢

Dispute it all you want, just how you have “screen shots” , people also have ss of members discussing and/or admitting this search manipulation tactic before the exact alliances happened to match.

Why would you start AW and not place any defenders or explore the map? Nobody is stupid to believe your mickey mouse proposal of an excuse.

It’s been dealt with. Posts like this will only get the thread shut down.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Whatever you might want done about shells, it has to allow for the possibility of players setting up their own single player or extremely tiny alliances for just a few friends. We can't vaporize single player alliances just because they can be problematic for war.

I'm fine with war rating decay, but not with eliminating alliances altogether.

i didnt mean go away as in be deleted...
    sorry if it sounded like that...
    i meant the exploit of "shell" alliances........

but to maintain war rating the ally needs to be active in wars
  • @For_Spetz for your comments on why would someone start aw and not placing defender?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8rfbnj/this_is_for_you_that_have_been_fighting_legit_to/

For your reading pleasure
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

I'm not sure I like the idea, but I don't see how it is unfair. We already make points changes based on tier: we give higher tier alliances large point multipliers. We let them score more points per war because of the presumption that they are stronger alliances facing stronger alliances and thus fighting harder wars. If top tier alliances are deliberately engineering matchups or coordinating wars in such a way to eliminate that difficulty, then they are subverting the reasoning behind getting a higher multiplier and more points.

It is not a question of treating the master bracket differently from all other brackets. We already do that implicitly, because all those alliances are only in the master bracket because they get more points per war than other alliances. The game gives them that multiplier, it can also take it away if the reason for getting it in the first place turns out to not be true.

I understand what you are saying, but I suppose I never communicated the larger issue more clearly. For me, it's opening up a can of worms when you introduce another Rating metric. We've been down that road, and it adds a complexity to scoring in the current setup that is really not necessary. I would feel more confident if another option came. You are correct about treating Tiers differently in terms of the Multiplier.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Hey Summoners,

Very impressed with how much more on top of AW manipulation Kabam has been this season. Keep up the great work.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

I mentioned low rank 4* and 5* giving less points. Max 4* and r3+ 5* would give the full attack bonus.

4nu6wyzupyz8.png

Thought this idea had potential, thread can be viewed at https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/384149#Comment_384149
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I can't believe that there are still allys that have shells. Pretty sad if they are willing to go through all that trouble and dishonestly to get a "leg up" on the competition.

Maybe give them an offline version of Mcoc so they can just play by themselves and not disrupt the honest competition of honest players, cause thats basically what their doing...... Playing with themselves. *By themselves, sorry must have been a Freudian slip. Lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To be honest
    WOK wrote: »
    I can't believe that there are still allys that have shells. Pretty sad if they are willing to go through all that trouble and dishonestly to get a "leg up" on the competition.

Maybe give them an offline version of Mcoc so they can just play by themselves and not disrupt the honest competition of honest players, cause thats basically what their doing...... Playing with themselves. *By themselves, sorry must have been a Freudian slip. Lol

Symbolically...not incorrect. Lol.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I thought prestige was factored into the search for war opponent ? If what I'm reading here is correct then it seems the only two things factored into the search is -war rating - time of search
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Two simple changes to cut this **** out for season 3.

1- Don't show the points gained/lost until attack phase starts. That'll make it so no one can figure out who they're fighting.

2- Instead of instant matchmaking, make it 3-6 hour windows where you have to join and get matched to another ally who joined in that window. Everyone can't wait or else they'll only get 2 wars in a week.

I mentioned low rank 4* and 5* giving less points. Max 4* and r3+ 5* would give the full attack bonus.

4nu6wyzupyz8.png

Thought this idea had potential, thread can be viewed at https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/384149#Comment_384149

I really wish they would have replied to that thread. We need something done.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    Top alliances coordinate war entries so they don't face each other. Been happening for ages..... KABAM!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Two simple changes to cut this **** out for season 3.

1- Don't show the points gained/lost until attack phase starts. That'll make it so no one can figure out who they're fighting.

2- Instead of instant matchmaking, make it 3-6 hour windows where you have to join and get matched to another ally who joined in that window. Everyone can't wait or else they'll only get 2 wars in a week.

While this would probably be good, some alliances do matchmaking time based on the players availability. Not everyone can play all 24 hours, so having an alliance start war or end war several hours apart from their desired time would be rough for some.