**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade's Denger Sense Is A Joke now

13»

Comments

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    You can still stop both with the mystic synergy. They tried to sneak in a silent nerf and couldn't even do that right.

Having them come and tell us nothing changed like we are morons and will accept it was just insult on top of injury.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    There is so much wrong information in this thread it’s painful. I wouldn’t even know where to start with correcting it.

I would start by trying to get Kabam to document their mechanics accurately, but as I've been pushing for that since my first day on the forums, I'm not counting on it happening any time soon.
    Limbo and dorm's degen are both PASSIVE, fight them, and take notice to the brighter/sharper colour compared to other debuffs/buffs. Since they are PASSIVE they are NOT affected by blade's debuff shortening based on stored power.

Based on my current understanding of what passive effects are, passive effects are unaffected by any abilities that reduce the duration or magnitude of effects, and ignore immunities. You cannot be immune to a passive effect even if you are ordinarily immune to the effect in question. However, passive abilities do honor the rules governing ability accuracy. Ability accuracy reduction effects can reduce the chance for a passive ability to trigger, and if the passive ability itself triggers effects the chance for those effects to trigger can be affected by ability accuracy effects.

So you can theoretically block Magik from triggering Limbo. But if Limbo triggers you cannot reduce its duration or its magnitude of effects. However, you can block Limbo from triggering a heal when it expires. Also, I've seen evidence that Limbo doesn't actually deal damage: it triggers an invisible passive debuff that deals damage. This passive effect can also be prevented from triggering. That agrees with your three observations on Limbo: there is the Limbo ability itself, there is the damage, and there is the heal. All three can be theoretically blocked by ability accuracy reduction.

Incidentally, while Limbo is a passive effect, the damage and the heal are not, because they are affected by other abilities that can reduce damage or heals. The damage from Limbo can be resisted, and the heal can be reduced by things like poison and heal block. Based on my understanding of passive effects, this means those effects must be active effects triggered by the passive Limbo "parent" effect.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    @DNA3000

I think passive healing can be reduced by poison or can be blocked by heall block. That happens to Old Man Logan's regen and to Sabretooth. Or am I wrong?
    @DNA3000

I think passive healing can be reduced by poison or can be blocked by heall block. That happens to Old Man Logan's regen and to Sabretooth. Or am I wrong?

I know what you're asking, and you're correct in your observations. What I don't know is whether what we see as "passive healing" is actually passive healing, or a passive effect applying a non-passive heal. That might be a distinction without a difference, or it might suggest healing works differently from other effects. I'm still honestly thinking through all of the recent revelations about passive effects myself, and it is entirely possible I have some of it completely wrong.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    edited June 2018
    @DNA3000

You're correct. It even specifically says in sabertooth's abilities that his regen is canceled out when under healblock.

Edit: to add some more input to passive abilities. Healblock will stop any healing whether it's from a passive or active buff, the passive buff however is protected from effects like nullify and stagger while the active buff is not. This property of passive abilities makes them mostly unresistable/unstoppable. I.e. Iceman will still inflict his passive frostbite even on debuff immune nodes.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Just waiting to see who will be calling for RDTs for Blade now.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    Oh yeah, a big big joke

45ajt5dgqfal.png
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    there is no such thing as passive debuffs.

No such thing as passive debuffs? If so why cant will power affect starburst and dormammu's degen?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    leave blade alone
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Should be easy to post a screenshot here to show what you just said. Just need to see if the danger sense icon is missing or not. And to confirm your team has GR in it.
    leave blade alone

Hey, thought you said u had problems proc danger sense when fighting against modok, venom, etc. Guess you edited your post.
  • Tim2697Tim2697 Posts: 10
    Dude you should get your facts right before spreading rumours, Blade is still OP, you just don't know how to use him.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    You can still stop both with the mystic synergy. They tried to sneak in a silent nerf and couldn't even do that right.

Having them come and tell us nothing changed like we are morons and will accept it was just insult on top of injury.

thank god someone understand his danger sense accuracy have been reduced it's so obvious on electro specially as i mentioned above i did electro on lol with him now i see his taking so much energy damage from him you can't get in a combo without taking 2 to 3 energy damage
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Tim2697 wrote: »
    Dude you should get your facts right before spreading rumours, Blade is still OP, you just don't know how to use him.

plz unlight me what's your blade rank ?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »

No such thing as passive debuffs? If so why cant will power affect starburst and dormammu's degen?

passive ability not passive debuff......
    debuff is always active...... buff is always active.....
    abilities are the passive variety. they still show an icon but is is solid colored instead of outlined and comes in both a positive and negative variety......

but yes buffs and debuffs are one thing and always active.....

abilities are what triggers passives.....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    "IF" and that is a big "if" anyone thinks Blade was ever able to stop mordos astral evade then that was a bug. and if you cant do it now it means it was bug fixed. but i can tell you as many others here would. IT NEVER WORKED LIKE THAT.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    "IF" and that is a big "if" anyone thinks Blade was ever able to stop mordos astral evade then that was a bug. and if you cant do it now it means it was bug fixed. but i can tell you as many others here would. IT NEVER WORKED LIKE THAT.

https://youtu.be/nKm2mdfX0hI

I’ll just leave this here
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    He got changed ahead of others. Nerf will come.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    80 comments on this thread arguing back and forth and nobody deemed it necessary to bring up the most important item in this whole thread? The fact “Danger” is misspelled in the title?
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »

passive ability not passive debuff......
    debuff is always active...... buff is always active.....
    abilities are the passive variety. they still show an icon but is is solid colored instead of outlined and comes in both a positive and negative variety......

but yes buffs and debuffs are one thing and always active.....

abilities are what triggers passives.....

Actually that's false. There are such things as passive debuffs. The terms "passive" and "active" are not colloquial, they don't refer to when something is "active" or "inactive" or anything like that. In fact, the recent change to Archangel's neurotoxin-triggered stun was a change to make the stun an active debuff: it had been set to be a passive debuff all this time. The "passive" doesn't refer to the fact that the effect doesn't do anything: it refers to something more technical about how the effects work.

Any debuff can be flagged as passive if the developers want to. Doing so makes it continue to work as it always did, but it makes the debuff ignore certain other effects like immunity or resistances in most cases.

An "ability" is the game mechanical term that refers to a container of stuff in the game that cause things to happen. Black Widow's subtlty is an ability. "Buff" and "Debuff" are terms used to describe specific effects that either benefit or hurt targets. Rage is a buff. Armor break is a debuff. "Active" and "Passive" are terms used to describe the specific way that buffs and debuffs operate and interact with other abilities and buff/debuff effects. Active effects generally can be affected by other effects like resistance, and can generally be removed through nullify effects. Passive effects are mostly immune to other effects, and act almost like they are an intrinsic property of the target and not something that was stuck onto them later like a Post-it note.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Rip blade. No one is safe. Is this what we get for being players in the contest?
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I don’t think this is true. I fought a dorm mini boss with debuff immunity in aw other day and managed to not have degen trigger a single time