**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Mistake with offer?

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    In any event, rather than go back-and-forth, I'm just going to say I think it's being exaggerated, and in my opinion, people could care less if they were in it. Chances are, if they rolled them, it would be a Post about getting them and not wanting them. That's about all I have to say.

If that's all you have to say, I assume I won't see any more comments of yours in the rest of this thread.

Do you know how many people collect champs. I am sad when I roll 4* champs out of special crystals because I want the exclusive 2* champs. If I hadn't stopped working when my son was born, I would buy these kind of offers whenever they have exclusive champs. I know a lot of others that do.

Again, stop saying stuff like "people could care less" a lot of people do care. You DO NOT speak for everybody, stop pretending you do.

2* night crawler was my best pull in months...

I know, right! I recently got a 2* Elektra. I'm so happy! I like her. I also pulled a few 4* yesterday and I don't even remember who. That Elektra though, damn that made me happy.

Edit: super jealous of your 2* NC, I don't have him yet.

I pulled and then Duped a 2* Cable from X-Force crystals. This genuinely made up for missing him in the 4* arena recently!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    In any event, rather than go back-and-forth, I'm just going to say I think it's being exaggerated, and in my opinion, people could care less if they were in it. Chances are, if they rolled them, it would be a Post about getting them and not wanting them. That's about all I have to say.

If that's all you have to say, I assume I won't see any more comments of yours in the rest of this thread.

Do you know how many people collect champs. I am sad when I roll 4* champs out of special crystals because I want the exclusive 2* champs. If I hadn't stopped working when my son was born, I would buy these kind of offers whenever they have exclusive champs. I know a lot of others that do.

Again, stop saying stuff like "people could care less" a lot of people do care. You DO NOT speak for everybody, stop pretending you do.

I know, right! I recently got a 2* Elektra. I'm so happy! I like her. I also pulled a few 4* yesterday and I don't even remember who. That Elektra though, damn that made me happy.

I pulled and then Duped a 2* Cable from X-Force crystals. This genuinely made up for missing him in the 4* arena recently!

I know that most people find 2* champs worthless, I'm always happy to find other collectors.

You know my sadest crystal pull ever? There was a 2* Wolverine crystal we all got. Or maybe a 2-4* crystal, but I think it was pure two stars. Just three champs. Wolverine, obviously, and X23 and Old Man Logan. Guess which one I pulled? I duped my already sig 99 freacking Wolverine. I got X23 from a woman's crystal months later (I think. I have her now, not 100% sure which crystal it was). I'm still missing Old Balls. I still feel sad thinking about that. My boyfriend did pull X23 and teased me for weeks. Exclusive 2* champs were really exclusive back then. Apart from a 2* war machine I don't think I had one yet.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104

I know that most people find 2* champs worthless, I'm always happy to find other collectors.

You know my sadest crystal pull ever? There was a 2* Wolverine crystal we all got. Or maybe a 2-4* crystal, but I think it was pure two stars. Just three champs. Wolverine, obviously, and X23 and Old Man Logan. Guess which one I pulled? I duped my already sig 99 freacking Wolverine. I got X23 from a woman's crystal months later (I think. I have her now, not 100% sure which crystal it was). I'm still missing Old Balls. I still feel sad thinking about that. My boyfriend did pull X23 and teased me for weeks. Exclusive 2* champs were really exclusive back then. Apart from a 2* war machine I don't think I had one yet.

I agree I always love collecting new champs. Especially the 2 Stars. I never use them but I also never sell champs. It’s fun to see the new icon.

It also makes the game a bit more light hearted instead of constantly trying to min/max your account for the meta. Just relax and enjoy.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

I agree I always love collecting new champs. Especially the 2 Stars. I never use them but I also never sell champs. It’s fun to see the new icon.

It also makes the game a bit more light hearted instead of constantly trying to min/max your account for the meta. Just relax and enjoy.

@AerialFolly This. Loved getting 2* Bishop/Cable/X-23 from X-Force crystals, still hoping for 2* Archangel and Psylocke.
  • Clearly a mistake was made in the advertising!
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    I love 2* exclusives and don't get why they didn't add a 2* AA and Psylocke to the X-Force crystals. I'd like to dupe Bishop once though. I keep duping Thanos. I mean Cable.
    Still silence from the mods.

Kabam you lied then were condescending to your customer. Fix this or I can see bigger issues happening. Admit you made a mistake and fix it.

You played yourself.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Also can you pull a 5* joe fixit from this? Usually with things like this it specifically states who isn’t available at which tier

It's everyone that can inflict bleed

Did you reply to the wrong post or something?

He might be unaware of the 5* thing.

But he can't be. Don't you know, we all know who's been released as 5* and who isn't.

If I'm being honest, if someone asked me if War Machine was available as a 5* champion two days ago, I would have had to look it up.

It is also surprising and yet not so surprising that it seems Kabam doesn't actually have an internal tool that can search their own champion database for things like "all champs that bleed." Then again, if they did they would have eliminated champions like Crossbones and replaced them with Carnage. Mistakes do occasionally go the players' way.
    Any mod care to comment on this or just gonna shut down your customers after you lie to us?

Knock knock knock....hello. I know y’all are around.
    I linked this post to bill Rosemann. Not sure it will do anything, but he needs to be notified especially if we are talking about fraud here. That’s a serious crime

I'm pretty sure no one's going to jail over this one, but the question is how misleading is the crystal. The email says:

"The Legendary Bloodletting Crystal guarantees at least a 4-Star Bleed-Ability Champion with a chance to award a 5-Star version of one of the following Champions:" and then contains the list. The crystal itself says (according to the posted screen shot, I didn't record that myself), something slightly different in the drop rate popup. It says "Guarantees at least a 4-Star with a chance at a 5-Star of one of the following Bleed-Ability Champion:" and then lists them.

Now I've been playing video games too long, and MMOs in particular, to make me a good judge of what to be skeptical about when it comes to text descriptions. But the plain text of the odds popup looks to me like it would tell the average player that the crystal contained either a 4 star or 5 star version of one of the champions on the list, and also makes the claim that all of them have bleed abilities. That claim is false, but the crystal itself contains what the description contains (I'm setting aside the 5* availability issue for now and focusing on the bleed ability issue). The error is in the claim that those champions all do bleed. That's an error, but it is not really a fraudulent crystal in terms of its contents.

However, the email doesn't say that. It says it contains "at least a 4-Star Bleed Ability Champion" with a chance to award a 5 star version of one of the listed champions. The plain text of the email says that you are guaranteed a bleed champion, and maybe one of these 5 star champs. That description *is* actually false about the contents of the crystal: the crystal contents do not guarantee a 4 star bleed ability champ.

The odds popup does not misstate the contents of the crystal. It misstates the capabilities of the champs. The email misstates the contents of the crystal. It does not say anything directly about the capabilities of the champs. I would say anyone claiming the odds popup is fraudulent is not correct: anyone with insufficient knowledge of the game would assume the list was in the crystal and it was. Anyone with sufficient information about the game would know the list contained champs that did not have bleed, and again could not have reasonably been misled. But the email *is* misleading. A player that was not sufficiently informed and trusted the plain text of the email would reasonably believe that the crystal definitely contained either a bleed champ or a 5* champ. It does not.
    Kil63 wrote: »
    Google and Apple must agree, because they're issuing refunds for it with no hassle.

Both the Apple appstore and the Google play store tend to issue refunds on request without asking too many questions initially. But if it becomes a larger problem, they'll start investigating. In the past those refunds sometimes have started off happening easily but then gotten much harder when the volume of them increased beyond a certain threshold. In any case, getting a refund doesn't mean either Apple or Google necessarily agree with you. They may have put no thought at all into your dispute before issuing a credit or refund.

And the standard warning applies here. Kabam - like ALL game companies - could permanently ban you for executing charge backs they feel are unwarranted. As they are the owners and operators of the game and can legally terminate service without cause, they have no legal requirement to justify a permanent ban. If you feel cheated and it is important enough to you, by all means request a refund. I would recommend being factual and calm in your correspondence with either app store, so you cannot be portrayed as unreasonable. But regardless, understand this is not an act that can be done with impunity. Sometimes there are irreversible consequences. Everyone should factor that into their decision making and not make a rash decision they will later regret.
  • TlmajrTlmajr Posts: 67
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Kil63 wrote: »
    Google and Apple must agree, because they're issuing refunds for it with no hassle.

Both the Apple appstore and the Google play store tend to issue refunds on request without asking too many questions initially. But if it becomes a larger problem, they'll start investigating. In the past those refunds sometimes have started off happening easily but then gotten much harder when the volume of them increased beyond a certain threshold. In any case, getting a refund doesn't mean either Apple or Google necessarily agree with you. They may have put no thought at all into your dispute before issuing a credit or refund.

And the standard warning applies here. Kabam - like ALL game companies - could permanently ban you for executing charge backs they feel are unwarranted. As they are the owners and operators of the game and can legally terminate service without cause, they have no legal requirement to justify a permanent ban. If you feel cheated and it is important enough to you, by all means request a refund. I would recommend being factual and calm in your correspondence with either app store, so you cannot be portrayed as unreasonable. But regardless, understand this is not an act that can be done with impunity. Sometimes there are irreversible consequences. Everyone should factor that into their decision making and not make a rash decision they will later regret.

I would hope they would not ban players who were trying to get new champions they fought we're new to this crystal (5* fixit and war machine).

Removing all related items gotten from the the buy is fair for those who are getting refunds (I mean at the point you did not pay for it if you got the money back).
    Honestly I truly believe that they are going to ignore this issue and sweep it under the rug. Warnings have already been issued because of this thread next are bannings and deleting.

Get yours while you can.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    @Kabam Miike

I'm interested to see what kind of BS you're going to throw at us to justify this ####storm.

Unless, of course, that was you ghostwriting for Ziibit.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    My previous post was deleted. Ok. @DNA3000
    Either way, no one here is lawyer, if people say it’s fraud you can’t say it’s not.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Too bad Johnny Cash still isn't around to perform for all these users behind bars I'm seeing.
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    Too bad Johnny Cash still isn't around to perform for all these users behind bars I'm seeing.

Or the Blues Brothers.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Im just saying this crystal was a huge missed opportunity to have Angela and Psylocke be in it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    While I realize a 5* war machine would be a better defender than Joe Fixit I've always liked Joe. He's not worth much for endgame content but I've always enjoyed playing him. Hulk in a Suit... what's not to like. I didn't think he was in there but if I thought he was I might have been tempted to buy the crystal, as it stands I didn't buy any but I agree that if people thought they had a chance to get a unique champ they would have been more likely to buy some. Kabam needs to do a better job of being clear about these things, not to cover themselves but to ensure people are aware of what they are buying. Miscommunication causes frustration more often than not. Also they need to take better care of their customers. It's clear that several times over the past year or so there's been problems with crystals. I think only once they have attempted to make it right, need to do better.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Lmao. Kabam.. terrible company,hope somebody buys the contest from them someday
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

Collecting 2* is very fun :) Just that I won't pay for rare 2*, but anytime a new 2* pop up, it will put a smile on my face :)

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    No complaints here. After saving shards for months for Blade Day and striking out, I finally pulled a 5* Blade with this offer.
    $40 bucks well spent!!
  • MaxTacMaxTac Posts: 16
    I got Quake after reading the beginning of the offer... And identified that she was in the list. If I knew before, I would not have bought it.
    Submitted a ticked..
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    MaxTac wrote: »
    I got Quake after reading the beginning of the offer... And identified that she was in the list. If I knew before, I would not have bought it.
    Submitted a ticked..

Did you submit a ticket to Kabam support? or did you submit a ticket to Apple Store / Google Play store? All the best & good luck!
This discussion has been closed.