**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    We lost a few wars early in season 2 because of diversity. relatively same attack bonus, but the other side had more diversity.

I don't have a problem with changing it per se, but how it is being done and with no consideration for those of us who ranked trash champs of for the sake of diversity is my issue.
  • FingerPicknGoodFingerPicknGood Posts: 44
    edited June 2018
    There are at least 2 5-star champs I’ve taken to rank 4 because of AW diversity: Black Panther and Yellowjacket. Even on an unblockable SP1 node, attackers at my level rarely ever seem to struggle with these champs. I think over the last 9 months Black Panther had a grand total of 2 KOs. And he’s not that useful as an attacker either. These aren’t the worst champs in the game, but they’re far from great, and I don’t really like using them that often.

And now the rub: there goes 8 t2a down the drain. My only recourse is to start alliance hopping hoping to see if I can find a crew capable of getting into platinum. (So much for the people I’ve spent the last 2 years getting to know.) Why? Because I’ve already beat act 5, and done the easy path of LOL. So for me to recoup these t2a will likely take me a year of gameplay. And meanwhile all these other top allys are going to fly ahead ranking top defense, while I have to sit back and wait for the next month’s EQ and maybe hope I get lucky with some map 6 AQ crystals.

But wait, we might have diversity again! So, I’m supposed to do what, hope this AW season goes down like a dumpster fire? Try to sow as much discontent as possible?

And I don’t even know if my ally will stick in there, too. Kabam sown so much discontent that it now becomes a chore to chat with team mates. What used to be a fun highlight of my day just becomes one of the lamest.

So maybe it’s just better to quit. At least give us the means to adjust to your new meta, though you can be sure I’m going to avoid ranking for diversity ever again, even if it ever comes back, and if I end up staying.

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    The is no question at this point it is a money grab, revolved around RNG of crystal pulls
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    That’s totally wrong. Attacker bonus determined the winner with diversity as a tie break exactly as intended (for once). This is all about spending .
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    We lost a few wars early in season 2 because of diversity. relatively same attack bonus, but the other side had more diversity.

I don't have a problem with changing it per se, but how it is being done and with no consideration for those of us who ranked trash champs of for the sake of diversity is my issue.

So defender diversity did not pre determine the war result as indicated by the announcement. You guys still needed to have a respectable attack bonus. In fact your example proves kabams premise wrong, it did in fact function as a tiebreaker.

I'd love to see ample evidence, and not just a one off, of how defender diversity was a problem bc it was pre determining wars in competitive aw during season 2.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    best solution is do aw without using items. Let’s see how long they can last without us buying items. Just make sure the other alliance are also on it. NO ITEM AW
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I can't believe they removed my comments and thought I can't notice, please address these concerns and give everyone RDTs instead of being silent on this issue and jailing and banning people because they are confronting it..
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    best solution is do aw without using items. Let’s see how long they can last without us buying items. Just make sure the other alliance are also on it. NO ITEM AW

Just don't do AW period... no aw no temptation to use items, no items used no units spent on items... at least that's how I'm approaching it.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @DNA3000 , along with your encyclopedia knowledge of all things MMO's(which I appreciate), you always post something that gets me laughing in the most frustrating situations. Thanks man!
  • JublieeJubliee Posts: 21
    Deflection from them not doing anything to the cheaters
  • xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    the funny thing is...even if they give rank down tickets, we will probably only get one per * level. oh great I ranked up 3 or 4 champs for diversity but I can only rank down one. So while i rank down Colossus, I'm stuck with She-Hulk, Kamala, Ant Man, and other crappy champs i ranked for the sole purpose of Diversity. HMMMMM And who cares about a 3* rank down ticket anyways. LOL
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 559 ★★★
    ASV27 wrote: »
    like the shorter season but the price to complete the maps just quadrupled. No more free fights and harder nodes.

So, with the exception of those Nodes on Challenger and Expert that we mentioned, we haven't made any other nodes harder. The new Nodes are meant to make things more difficult, but will also be visible from the get go, so Attackers are able to bring in champions to specifically counter whatever Champion they see there.

Removing diversity is much more important than the new nodes. There's gonna be 10+ IMIWs and Dorms on every map. I get why you did it, but it just stinks for the players.

I don't think anybody wants to place 10 Dormammu on a Map anymore... The Meta has shifted quite a bit since Diversity was introduced, and some of the former best Defenders have met their match now. Others may seem difficult right now, but Players have already started to find the counters needed for them! This will continue to happen in cycles, because that's just the nature of a game like this!

Without diversity, you think that alliances couldn't place 10 Iron Mans IW, 20 Medusas, and god tier defenders?

Amazing...
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    since we are getting these changes put on us and having to adjust our roster to accomodate these changes, can we get a month of 50% gold and battlechip boost to maybe increase the odds of us having appropriate champs to this adjustment?

So defender diversity did not pre determine the war result as indicated by the announcement. You guys still needed to have a respectable attack bonus. In fact your example proves kabams premise wrong, it did in fact function as a tiebreaker.

I'd love to see ample evidence, and not just a one off, of how defender diversity was a problem bc it was pre determining wars in competitive aw during season 2.

Exactly, it wasn't a problem. It WAS the tiebreaker that they intended to be. We also ended winning a few wars because of diversity.

SO, no it was never the problem. Kabam is the problem.
  • MCOC27MCOC27 Posts: 6
    edited June 2018
    Staying in plat alliance:
    Season 1&2:
    Officer:do you have diverse defenders?
    Me: yes i can rankup yj,hela,hulkmagneto
    Officer:ok you are in

Season 3:
    Officer: do you have best defender ?
    Me: i hv diverse roster
    Officer: Sorry

What to do now?
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    My problem with these changes is that nothing was wrong with AW and they spent so much time messing it up. Why didn't they spend the time fixing all the others issues the game has. The bugs and Know issues thread is full of issues that have been a problem for a long time now.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Cannot change the game just like that after we ranked champs just because of diversity. Kabam wake up we love the game but nothing is forever. Gives us some rank up gems or rank down tickets.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Exactly, it wasn't a problem. It WAS the tiebreaker that they intended to be. We also ended winning a few wars because of diversity.

SO, no it was never the problem. Kabam is the problem.

It was a little more then a tie breaker, it could at times change the outcome of a war where one alliance would get a bit more explore and diversity would then give the win to the other alliance.

Like I've said, if it was going to really act like a tie breaker, simply giving 1 point to the alliance with the most diversity would have truly made it a real tie breaker
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,494 ★★★★★
    Here is one thing that I fail to understand. Kabam is clearly attempting to squeeze more revenue out of AW. If they just had better offers, people would gladly spend money - this has been proven. The problem is most "decent" offers are few and far between.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Kabam needs to understand how they implement these things. ANYTHING they put in to AW to increase points will be taken advantage of by some. The argument was there back and forth, but over a long season, higher diversity with the multiplier can determine several spots on the leaderboards. It was never going to be a tiebreaker. Did it appear to decide a few wars? I think it decided one for my alliance. Attack bonus would have to be equal for diversity to decide wars.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Seatin Man Of Legends seems to have some interesting thoughts on the situation, via a recent YouTube video of his.
    edited June 2018
    Syndicated wrote: »
    like the shorter season but the price to complete the maps just quadrupled. No more free fights and harder nodes.

So, with the exception of those Nodes on Challenger and Expert that we mentioned, we haven't made any other nodes harder. The new Nodes are meant to make things more difficult, but will also be visible from the get go, so Attackers are able to bring in champions to specifically counter whatever Champion they see there.

Removing diversity is much more important than the new nodes. There's gonna be 10+ IMIWs and Dorms on every map. I get why you did it, but it just stinks for the players.

I don't think anybody wants to place 10 Dormammu on a Map anymore... The Meta has shifted quite a bit since Diversity was introduced, and some of the former best Defenders have met their match now. Others may seem difficult right now, but Players have already started to find the counters needed for them! This will continue to happen in cycles, because that's just the nature of a game like this!

Without diversity, you think that alliances couldn't place 10 Iron Mans IW, 20 Medusas, and god tier defenders?

Amazing...

We have 5 r4 medusa, 3 r4 IMIW, countless MCs and dorms.

#BoycottMCOC2018
  • TieTie Posts: 1
    Its amazing the lack of respect this company shows to their customers. No diversity anymore from one moment to another? With no option to redistribute the tons of resources invested by the players, Tougher nodes and no serious improvement in rewards, what is next? (I’m even afraid to ask) You are converting something that could be so fun as the AWs in a simple and vulgar auction... you and your solely money driven decision process is killing the joy of playing this game!
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39
    Kabam, u r really going to ban more than half of the community from the forums?
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    I really like this game, but I'm leaving. Good job, Kabam!
  • DoodLuvDoodLuv Posts: 5
    I’m looking forward to this again. Reminds me of when they nerfed DS, SW, Thor and gameplay a couple years back. Game went from being a top 10 grossing one to 25 or lower at times. 1* ratings across the board on the App Store and a community that is already threatening similar actions to those changes. So just sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch the revenues plummet. That’s what I’m gonna do.