**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Parry OP

Comments

• Options
    KnobyKnoby Posts: 61
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=zCqhPn7SLok

Dunno about you guys, but i would go crazy if i saw the analyzer parrying entire supers from Punisher 2099 like this.
    That would be awesome, I agree. I'd like your parry a lot. Taking no damage and hitstun, and maybe cancelling enemy block and evade for half a second if it's a melee parry. That's what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Kromestone wrote: »
    Excuse me, not every one is skilled enough to get a counter in, in 0.3 secs, if they implement this then mcoc is done, so don't even think about it.. And you say this isn't a nerf.....

Maybe raise it to 0.5 secs then. Cause 2 seconds or whatever it is maxed out is pretty damn long and looks ridiculous.

But it's been stated that enemies reduce the stun duration later in the game, so I'm willing to take that at face value. In that case, don't reduce the stun.
    But if enemies are still standing around head banging while I'm licking all my fingers in anticipation to still give them a free combo after that, that is not a game I wanna play. And there's no way around that. I'm sure some people feel like me.
    You gotta compromise between casuals who just want to collect and basically play a perverted super frustrating version of Marvel pokemon and more skilled ambitious players who actually want to fight and have fun while collecting characters.
    Especially since it's easy to practice getting faster with inputs. Not so easy to practice getting bored less by a game. Major improvement in your input quickness should be noticeable only after a few matches (you'll be grinding anyway). But only if it's requested. If nobody forces you to get better, you won't. Cause why would you? So how can you say you can't react that quickly? Cause you will be able to do it real quick. Just don't expect it to work first try. And then it'll be like it's now for you, only that you can actually drop the counter if you are late night grinding and getting sleepy.

I get that it's a mobile game, but don't you guys want a little more manual challenge from a game? A fighter at that? Console versions are competitive. Mobile should at least be somewhat challenging (talking gameplay, not strategy).

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I don't want to stop playing this game, that's why I'm fighting for change right here. But if everyone is fine with it as is, have fun but I'm out. Wasted enough time on this pretty and fun but not really satisfying game, and especially this forum the last few days. I'm probably gonna fail this exam in two weeks
  • Options
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Cool, awesome! Plz quit
    Necessary answer. There's a thing called ignoring people. I didn't need your input. Flag me while you're at it will ya?
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Sure why not LOL
  • Options
    Yeah, just what I thought lol
  • Options
    At least you guys made it easier for me to quit playing this game. Cause it's pretty addicting cause of Marvel ip
    But in the end, it's kinda pointless spending two thousand hours to collect two Pokémon with five moves and two abilities.

This forum is pretty pointless too if you can't criticize or advocate to change the game in the slightest without receiving major backlash among a few good enlightening answers
    Can't blame the devs, as they didn't instigate- just the abundance of fanboys who feel like flooding the threads without having anything to add but a cheap joke or a one line criticism with no substance.

I know I look like the crazy one going out of this, and I probably am to an extent, but I'm not your enemy here, let that be clear.

Now I'm done ranting and done with this Contest of Champions. I'm sorry for everyone who may have liked my ideas. But there were too few and far in between. Good thing I didn't choose to go study game design as I seem to suck at it. Thanks for making that clear to me :( thanks for everyone who was nice, I appreciate it. I'm really going through some **** right now, so it felt good to be treated like everyone treats me irl, with respect. Doesn't seem to be the norm on the internet though. Not a place for me. I'm too sensitive, I guess. At least right now.

Oh, and mods? Can you please delete my account on this forum and probably game if you can. Can't find any way to do so myself. Don't take my criticism to personally. I got triggered by forum answers mostly. Thanks. And to everyone playing it still, it's a great game to cool down with, but don't put too much time in it, you'll regret it. There are far better games out, especially on console. I can understand if you can't afford one. Still, watch as to not play more than half an hour or an hour a day. And don't spend money on it if you can't really afford it. I hate mobile games like this cause they exploit people with addiction problems and other struggles and who really love the ip. Especially kids! Go read a comic book after playing, it will saturate your Marvel need and be way more fun and rewarding, even satisfying in the long run. You'll learn more too, other than swiping and tapping. But I'm sure you were doing just fine on that end anyway. Take care and have fun! I hope I didn't seriously offend the wrong people. You too, Speedbump. You caught me at the wrong time.

I know this wasn't needed by anyone in any way, but I needed it just to settle my karma and it's my thread. Also it's game related, so I feel like it has its place still. Even if it has little to do with the thread title lol
  • Options
    I'm a good nice guy actually, just not my brightest hours.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I'm not mad, I was playing with you. But yes it does seem that you need to move on in the MCoC world. Time to go see the sun and whats under it. Take care and best wishes IRL! take care bye bye
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222

words.....words.....words....words......PARRY IS TOO OP........words.....words......words.
    This is probably how your comments looked. Just as a request please keep it short and direct, makes it much easier for a lot of us.

And as such I feel the suggestion is not right since parry is an offensive technique that is very useful. There are many places where there are un-stunnable nodes and so parry is useless, thats where parry is countered.

Also I feel it not a good idea to mix Combo meter with this helpful mastery
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could cruise around, would be nice to get out of this state. But I need some cash for that and right now I'm studying and have a weak student job two days of the week. Still keeping student loans in mind. You're right tho, I'm picking it up full time again, taking it more serious, not thinking about what could've happened if I had studied game design.
    This game wasn't helping with that right now.
    Maybe if I'm settled, finished studying and stuff, I can come back and maybe the game is better or, at least, more appealing to a console fighter guy like me then. Failing and rising again is the message superheroes stand for, after all. I feel like the game could use some more of that energy.
    Hopefully it's fairer and less time consuming to get strong and your fav characters in the future too. Cause I can see mobile games changing as they rise to the top. If they want that, at least. It can always remain niche exploiting a few people, but to get really big they eventually have to realize they can't screw their players like that. Console players won't take that.
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    You'll also be sorry when Knobys "Competition of Defenders" is a worldwide smash hit
  • Options
    Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 138
    You probably need more than what you're playing now.

At your level, parry is OP but in the higher levels of the game where enemy have nodes with Limber and others, you can't rely on parry. THEN you will miss whatever OP'ness you have while you're buying that revive and potion to heal

While Collector laughs at you
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    This was really difficult to read, just because of the sheer length of the actual post. If the post only had the first 3 paragraphs, that's long but fine, but you then add another 3 more paragraphs that are very long, and in the end, you have made a post that is so long that it actually deters people to read the entire thing due to its wordiness, especially when you are trying to prove an unpopular opinion of "parry being op". You should have added a tl;dr at the end.

Because of this, I'll only comment on the main point of the post of parry being too op. It isn't, especially against certain champions (with certain masteries), or certain nodes.

For example, parry doesn't work well against champs like Mordo or BPCW as they can turn the stun against you. Parry also doesn't work well against Groot or Rogue if they have a high level or maxed limber, as your parry would be too short for you to even throw in a hit.

Parry's effectiveness is also heavily reduced when you are fighting certain nodes, such as stun immune, immunity and limber (after parrying a couple of times), since most of parry's effectiveness comes from being able to stun the opponent with well-timed blocks.

Furthermore, it takes quite a decent amount of time to time your block properly. Too early and you will take the normal block damage, and too late and you will end up receiving a lot of damage from the opponent's combo. It rewards you for being able to time your blocks well, hence it is well balanced.

Long reply right? This is when tl;dr is useful:

TL;DR: Parry is not OP as it can be countered by specific champions, masteries and nodes. It also takes skill to land a parry and rewards you for doing so.
  • Options
    Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Let's just stop post like this kabam has taken enough from us as the players, no need for more nerfing, concepts not sure how people come up with stuff like this!
  • Options
    JayT1996JayT1996 Posts: 95
    Cmon dude , dont ruin this for everyone .. Horrible idea.
  • Options
    Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Every time I see a post in this forum like this it just makes me look back and think, why the hell would you even ask for something like this!
  • Options
    They should nerf willpower. It's too strong.

Also, nerf WW2 Cap so his perfect block synergy can't be used to breeze through Rol.
  • Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    you want kabam to nerf Parry again like 12.0?
    because these posts is the right way to do it
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    They should nerf everything except for my champs.
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    I think doing opponent parry stun is a technique. So parrying is a skill. It is not auto happen. It is to b earned.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Yes, we should nerf Parry. It's way too OP. A special ability that prevents the enemy from moving? Come on, that's way too good. I think we should just get rid of Stun altogether. I mean, why not? Certain champs having certain abilities that exist only to make opponents worse? So unfair. This is true of all debuffs. Why even have them? They're so negative. So degrading. It's bad enough that we have buffs. Why should people become better than one another? It's just not okay. No buffs, either. And, speaking of people being better than one another, what about class advantages? Those aren't good, either. It just isn't fair to give people advantages. Hey, the same is true for Synergies! We should toss those out, too! And everyone should get nerfed. No one should be any better than each other. No masteries either. You never know what mastery setup someone will have, so it's too unpredictable. Let's just make it a tapping game. No strategy and no advantages. That would make it so much better, right?

Parry, along with all the things listed above, is another aspect that makes this tap-and-swipe game entertaining. If it weren't for those aspects, the gameplay would be so far from explosive that is might literally implode on itself from boredom. Removing these types of abilities would bore players, and it pushes Kabam down a dangerous path.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Yes, we should nerf Parry. It's way too OP. A special ability that prevents the enemy from moving? Come on, that's way too good. I think we should just get rid of Stun altogether. I mean, why not? Certain champs having certain abilities that exist only to make opponents worse? So unfair. This is true of all debuffs. Why even have them? They're so negative. So degrading. It's bad enough that we have buffs. Why should people become better than one another? It's just not okay. No buffs, either. And, speaking of people being better than one another, what about class advantages? Those aren't good, either. It just isn't fair to give people advantages. Hey, the same is true for Synergies! We should toss those out, too! And everyone should get nerfed. No one should be any better than each other. No masteries either. You never know what mastery setup someone will have, so it's too unpredictable. Let's just make it a tapping game. No strategy and no advantages. That would make it so much better, right?

Parry, along with all the things listed above, is another aspect that makes this tap-and-swipe game entertaining. If it weren't for those aspects, the gameplay would be so far from explosive that is might literally implode on itself from boredom. Removing these types of abilities would bore players, and it pushes Kabam down a dangerous path.

God your starting of the comment is sooo misleading, for a moment I thought u were serious!
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Spirit wrote: »

God your starting of the comment is sooo misleading, for a moment I thought u were serious!

That was the point lol. I slowly walked down the road that showed how ridiculous this idea is.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lol guys I already realized how stupid it is, please forgive me man.

I was in a very strange spot and thinking too complicated. I just couldn't stand the animation of stun. I'm used to it now. First time using a forum and not in a stable situation is a mean cocktail.

Hope my struggle could make some of you guys chuckle. Judging by the numbers I sure could. In the future I'm keeping it shorter and more streamlined. Sorry for any inconveniece and sorry for my criticism, Kabam squad! I really like your game, I just think it could be nicer to players. I just have no clue how to make that happen, so I'll just shut up.

Maybe I'll try screwing around with kits for new champs cause I really like stuff like that.
  • Options
    Maybe we get this to a thousand views! I'm so sorry for making you guys read this **** lol

Maybe someone can relate to the frustration. Reading your replies, I also feel the need to make clear that I never wanted to make this game more frustrating. I just wanted something, can't remember what now lol
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel like a nutcase smh
  • Options
    Title is making me roll too. So subtle for what's to follow lol
This discussion has been closed.