**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Disappointed with Gold Pool Arena

I wanted to let kabam know that I’m really disappointed with the goldpool arena milestones. The hype that was made by the moderators enticed me to spend real money to spin for gold tickets. When I got one I was super pumped and kept checking the forums to see if they posted what the milestones were. I couldn’t find anything so I figured, wow they must really be exciting and huge since they’re keeping it so secret. So you can imagine my disappointment and let down when I logged in and scrolled down the rewards. First time I felt betrayed and personally this hurt more than 12.0. I wasn’t even phased with by the new war changes that has everyone up in arms.

With the actual “pool” of players being so low in comparison and the high level of grinders going for Goldpool, I will have zero chance at receiving even the paltry level of 6* shards available even after hitting the 5 million milestone mark.

You let me down.

Comments

• I ended up putting up 3 mil instead of skipping like I planned. I’m really hoping it’s a Deadpool trick like has been done in the past. Maybe the greater arena boost crystal is really tons of shards or something of the like.

I know... I’m a dreamer.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    I am waiting to sell my remaining gold tickets before an announcement is made.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Regret wasting my time on 4* dp arena for a 5* ticket. 5* basic arenas were a way better option
  • Yep that was a bit of an anticlimax
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    5 million got me 11-30%. The funny thing is. Most people that probably got into the Gold Pool arena didn’t actually need gold and the other milestones since they either bought a ton of GP crystals or grinded to get the ticket... so sad
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    shtork wrote: »
    i am freaking furious with this arena and the game itself!!! First of all the game goes down for 7 hours (from 10:30pm EST till about 5:30 am). Secondly, i grinded my way up to 9.5 mil and got **** reawards: 1-10% with 1200 5* shards and 200 6* shards. Thats why grinding arenas is absolutely worthless. Rewards are just not worth it. Finally, i wasted all my hard earned units on gold pool chrystals, bought about 150 of those over the month and still got no deadpool. My alliance member got a gold deadpool on first day from 3rd chrystal. I WASTED 150 chrystals and 3 days of grinding arena and got **** back!!
    Kabam, make the game fun again (like 2 years ago), stop being greedy and arrogant!
    Also, stop putting so many enery wasting quests, i dont have enough time to even finish 100% of event quest in a month.
    Shtork

Uh...in what realm did you think 9.5 million was going to get GoldPool? Even if the game didn't go down, I'm certain that extra 7 hours would not have made a difference. Besides the game went down for everyone, not just you. OG Deadpool went for over 20 million in all his arenas, and that score you should have been aiming for if you wanted GoldPool, downtime or no downtime.

As for not being able to complete the monthly quests 100%, how active are you in general? There were days I didn't log on for several hours (besides having to sleep), and I was still able to complete all difficulties except Beginner at 100% with only a few energy refills used here and there. The energy requirements were not crazy high this month as it were in other months, so you should consider your activity level instead of castigating Kabam unfairly over this matter.

You have more grounds to be more aggrieved about not getting GoldPool from his gold crystals, but then the drop rate for a trophy champ like him was only 0.1 %. Not favorable odds by any means, but sorry still for your bad luck there.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    This was another money grab scheme for a mediocre character at best. Kudos kabam, you got the masses again!!!
  • HarvesterSorr0wHarvesterSorr0w Posts: 112
    Just based on the nearly impossible chance of getting Goldpool, and the exclusivity of getting the ticket to get in the arena, it would have been a good move to have a 4 star OG Deadpool as a milestone. That would have fostered a fair amount of good will, I'd say. I stopped after the 1st milestone and the outage. I got five star shards, so I'm cool with it. I didn't have much time invested. But, definitely should have been a 4 star DP milestone.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    I was more unhappy I could not hit the last milestone. Because of my work schedule had it planned out to hit it and due to the downtime lost a large period of time to do it. Problem is I paid cash for the chance to get into the arena by purchasing the crystals.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    5 million got me 11-30%. The funny thing is. Most people that probably got into the Gold Pool arena didn’t actually need gold and the other milestones since they either bought a ton of GP crystals or grinded to get the ticket... so sad

I made 6.1 million and ranked in the top 1000, to get 1-10% rewards. I was not expecting to place so high, but I did decide before not to simply stop at the last milestone of 5 million. From experience with the regular 4* featured arena, I always push a bit beyond the last 4 million milestone to place in the top 1-10%. So I applied the same logic to this GoldPool arena and it worked out.

Regarding your last comment, you do know that the more players who get in the pool, the lower cutoffs are. So having more players take part in the GoldPool arena should be encouraged. I wasn't even planning on taking part, but I got a ticket from just 5 crystals, so I thought why the heck not? The gold rewards were good and I got a shiny new blue Gold Member title. So hard luck there for missing out the top 10%, but you really shouldn't have just stopped at the last milestone.
  • Mm9091Mm9091 Posts: 10
    I just did the GoldPool arena for that title 😂😂
  • um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    This was another money grab scheme for a mediocre character at best. Kudos kabam, you got the masses again!!!

There have been plenty of YouTube reviews on Goldpool since the release of the crystals at the beginning of last month. Its pretty widly known he’s a “mediocre” champ with the 2nd highest prestige. He’s a trophy champ, thats what drew in the masses. I can say that prestige is going to play a bigger role in AQ like it once did, after the update to the severely outdated rewards. . .
  • Dnasty75Dnasty75 Posts: 10
    One of my prime times to grind was during the down time. So I am disappointed that kabaam did not have some sort of compensation. On an event that was only once they go down for many hours. Not happy with this weekend outcome.
  • um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    pretty sure they said they would discuss what the compensation would be after running some number and hand it out early in the week. . .
  • geaimsgeaims Posts: 41
    i’m surprised none of the moderators have commented on this issue. is the matter being looked into or is it not considered an issue? @Kabam Miike
  • WOLFY_0WOLFY_0 Posts: 18
    This is the first time I ever made a comment in the forum after 20 months into this game. I really want to express my disappointment to the Kabam team on both the milestone for this gold memeber arena and the server down situation.

Honestly what is so special about this arena? Is it because I didn’t pay the $9.99 US to get the red ticket, the reward can’t be on par with the dead pool arena? Can’t get 2*, 3* or generous enough for a 4* (no 4* is fine). First you want to screen who get to play this so called “special” arena Then only Top 200 can get a 5* which I think is fair. Now you don’t give anything special other than a title, which is just a label by the way, to people who is “lucky enough” to enter this arena??

I think the milestone is way under par. At least give some Deadpool gold crystal in the milestone so ppl do have a chance to get something back to enter this arena.

• DJYANKEENYDJYANKEENY Posts: 38
    shtork wrote: »
    i am freaking furious with this arena and the game itself!!! First of all the game goes down for 7 hours (from 10:30pm EST till about 5:30 am). Secondly, i grinded my way up to 9.5 mil and got **** reawards: 1-10% with 1200 5* shards and 200 6* shards. Thats why grinding arenas is absolutely worthless. Rewards are just not worth it. Finally, i wasted all my hard earned units on gold pool chrystals, bought about 150 of those over the month and still got no deadpool. My alliance member got a gold deadpool on first day from 3rd chrystal. I WASTED 150 chrystals and 3 days of grinding arena and got **** back!!
    Kabam, make the game fun again (like 2 years ago), stop being greedy and arrogant!
    Also, stop putting so many enery wasting quests, i dont have enough time to even finish 100% of event quest in a month.
    Shtork

Well all I can say is yeah it cost real money for the chance if you didn’t grind the other DP arenas. I bought the crystals, got 2 gold tickets. Selling the other. But grinded and got up to 5.25 million and still made 1-10%. Not sure how but damn happy I made it that far. Not happy with the milestones and feel the 4 star DP should have been a milestone.
  • DJYANKEENYDJYANKEENY Posts: 38
    Oh and I did get a GoldPool from the crystals. Never got a dupe though. So pretty happy nonetheless. But still disappointed in the milestones for not having red DP.
    DJYANKEENY wrote: »
    Oh and I did get a GoldPool from the crystals. Never got a dupe though. So pretty happy nonetheless. But still disappointed in the milestones for not having red DP.

Getting 5* Goldpool is one thing, you get one if you are lucky but this is about the arena. I don’t see the hype of Kabam making all these announcements and in game mail about this Gold member arena and then give us some subpar milestone.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    WOLFY_0 wrote: »

Getting 5* Goldpool is one thing, you get one if you are lucky but this is about the arena. I don’t see the hype of Kabam making all these announcements and in game mail about this Gold member arena and then give us some subpar milestone.

Agreed. Quite disappointing. Someone compared side-by-side milestones between 5* Featured Arena vs Gold Member arena, and the conclusion is better milestones in the 5* Feature arena. General impression is that there were so much hype on the gold arena reward.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    WOLFY_0 wrote: »

This is exactly what I’m talking about. This wasn’t about Goldpool. This is about the hype created that drove me to want to get a gold ticket and grind arena. I knew I couldn’t compete with the top grinders but thinking I had a shot at something awesome in the milestones was awesome. Then I viewed the rewards and was crushed..
    I don’t think they are going to do anything about it and just flag that as normal. But I would suggest they need to show us what the milestones ahead of time in the future, just like those short missions.

I think it’s fair for Kabam to let ppl know what they can potentially get out from the arena and let us choose whether we want to spend time or not to grab them. Come on moderator, have the courtesy to response @Kabam Miike