**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Block Bug Against Domino

2»

Comments

• Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66
    @Kabam Miike This bug happens when you are just blocking against domino every single time. It happens in every mode with every character.

Iphone 7s and Iphone X
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

We're hoping to get some more information to help us track this down. We're not having much luck reproducing this in house, so we could use your help.

If you have the following information, please share it with us:
    - Which Champion were you using when you encountered this?
    - What Mode?
    - If there was a Node, what number was it (If you remember)?
    - Do you recall any specific buffs she was on?

For this, please let us know about individual fights.

I sent in a support ticket regarding this. Case # 04787486 but I will post my information here.

Spiderman (Stark Enhanced)

- What Mode?
    Alliance War Tier 4

Node 12

I don't remember the buffs at the current time. Server issues so I can't grab it right now. Definitely unblockable special 1 and most likely limber. As well as the +% boosts.

I am on an iPhone 6s with the latest version of iOS 11.4 and game version 18.1.0

EDIT: For device information
  • JOYJOY Posts: 13
    So Domino block breaking is a known exploit...kabam may ban summoners who place her in defense lol...exploiting a known exploit is against ToS.. #sarcasm
  • ChaosReigns9217ChaosReigns9217 Posts: 7
    While we're discussing Domino bugs, has anyone tried using a champ like AA against her and still gotten critical failures? Her ability list doesn't say her ability accuracy reduction ignores immunities, yet I tried fighting her with AA and triggered critical failures anyway. Can one of the mods clarify?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Okay, here is your report format, since you guys can’t seem to just fight her yourself.

No less than 6 blocks broken.

Device: iPad Air 2, all latest updates for iOS and mcoc.
    Mode: assassin assignment
    Nodes: fight 1: no node buffs, fight 2: mirror image, armor
    Champions used: blade, voodoo, starlord
    In both fights as the boss of the assignment she broke blocks in the first combo against blade, voodoo and starlord. Mid fight she broke it again randomly. Each fight I wound up getting killed due to it, and when using one of the other champs to finish her off she did it again. There was no lucky or unlucky effects during these. Class didn’t matter, buffs didn’t matter. Just run up, hold block and eventually it will be broken.

This should not be hard to reproduce. This MUST be fixed before AW changes and season 3. It’s bad enough she will be a massive cash grab on the counter tactics node, but come on.. seriously Kabam, fix it.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    While we're discussing Domino bugs, has anyone tried using a champ like AA against her and still gotten critical failures? Her ability list doesn't say her ability accuracy reduction ignores immunities, yet I tried fighting her with AA and triggered critical failures anyway. Can one of the mods clarify?

Critical failure has nothing to do with ability accuracy reduction.
  • Two wars in a row this has happened.

- Which Champion were you using when you encountered this? Twice this happened while playing using Magik.
    - What Mode? Alliance War
    - If there was a Node, what number was it (If you remember)? First time was node 34 (Vigor/Cornered). Today (second time) it was node 22 (all or nothing).
    - Do you recall any specific buffs she was on? See above.

I'd surely hope fixing this is a priority, but something tells me this isn't near the top of the list of bugs to fix as it's resulting in more war damage and deaths (i.e., generating money for greedy Kabam). We now know that the developers don't want anyone to 100% Alliance War, so it seems they're resorting (once again) to releasing broken buggy defender champions. Typical.
  • The_LiasThe_Lias Posts: 15
    For me it does not occur any more since I started to keep my thumb on screen until her 2nd hit animation is completed (feels like blocking for ages). If you lift your thumb (or swipe) too early, she will hit you.
  • The_Lias wrote: »
    For me it does not occur any more since I started to keep my thumb on screen until her 2nd hit animation is completed (feels like blocking for ages). If you lift your thumb (or swipe) too early, she will hit you.

This is absolutely right. There is no bug. It's the fighting pattern that comes in. While we are blocking, everyone is swiping back to maybe get the evade withing the next hit. This is not working against Domino.

Same with SP1 from Modok or SP2 from Bishop. If you block the first hit and you are swiping back, the last hit will get you. Nobody is screaming for a bug there.

I will post a video tomorrow where I am just holding block an nothing is happening. Except for the last hit where I am trying to swipe back after the first hit.
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    The_Lias wrote: »

This is absolutely right. There is no bug. It's the fighting pattern that comes in. While we are blocking, everyone is swiping back to maybe get the evade withing the next hit. This is not working against Domino.

Same with SP1 from Modok or SP2 from Bishop. If you block the first hit and you are swiping back, the last hit will get you. Nobody is screaming for a bug there.

I will post a video tomorrow where I am just holding block an nothing is happening. Except for the last hit where I am trying to swipe back after the first hit.

This is a bug obviously it should not be happening as the first medium hit should cluster together as a single attack, otherwise Drax would have be able to do the same and break blocks while trying to evade it ages ago. Please understand more of game dynamic as comparing them to Sp that do multiple hits.

It is a norm for everyone to evade any hits in between and it is made possible that way on few updates. Same happens to parry, u may even parry mid combo these days. That’s why the evading in mid combo becomes possible as well.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Did you not watch the video? Standing block, no evade attempt whatsoever. She broke right through it.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    She hammered through my block on node 35 AW expert map, all 3 champs, magik, stark spidey and Hyperion.
  • Just fought domino on node 24 in war. The last two hits on her combo broke my block every time. Was using SL first time and blade second. I have the video as well.
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    This has been brought to our attention in other threads, but in case anyone may not have seen it, Domino breaking block isn't intentional. We're still investigating this issue and will keep everyone updated with any new info we have.

Thanks i just hope you fix her soon.. it sucks this bs breaking block :neutral:
    Hey All,

We're hoping to get some more information to help us track this down. We're not having much luck reproducing this in house, so we could use your help.

- What Mode?

Hey Mike! It happen me on AW (that was very annoying as you may think since we cant die...), but i think it happens too while dueling.. using stark spidey or other (i think it doesnt matter).. please fix this asap..
  • GDEVIL69_GDEVIL69_ Posts: 25
    Hey All,

- What Mode?

Iceman
    AW - Tier 4
    Node 24
  • Hey Summoners,

We have prepared a fix for this issue that we believe should fix this issue. However, because this was a bug that we have not been able to recreate as reported, we are not able to fully test against it. If you guys still run into this issue, please let us know!
    Thanks Miike! When it will be available?
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited July 2018
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Did you not watch the video? Standing block, no evade attempt whatsoever. She broke right through it.

You don't see his finger movement so how would you now that there was no attempt. But fine let it be a bug because she is the first champion with an different medium attack. She also plays different. Guess thats a bug too.

Every new champion brings a new fighting style and needs a different fighting pattern to be defeated. I don't mind that.

Let's see what this fix brings.
  • I also fought Domino and simply blocked her first medium. She did not break my block once. On her last hit, I tried to swipe back after her first hit of the medium hit me. For me this is not a bug rather then a new fighting style of a new Champion. I changed my figting style against Domino and everything is finde.

It's the Same as with the SP attacks I mentioned. You first have to learn, that some special can or can not be evaded. Dominos first Medium is tricky so evade it completly or stay in block.

https://youtu.be/Rba9TRHTd6E
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    Hey All,

- What Mode?

I used Domino Awakened against Modok easily beat him as a miniboss stun immune with this "glitch"
    War was the mode
    Node:49 i think it is direct right from boss
    Got "lucky/Unlucky"
  • Eye_of_the_UniverseEye_of_the_Universe Posts: 33
    edited July 2018
    Update, its still happening from time to time like the auto evade bug which took about 3 patches to "patch" ;)
    It generally pops up right after parry sometimes
  • GhostttGhosttt Posts: 61
    edited July 2018
    I’m In t1 war. Happened every fight this morning about 2 hours ago and I run path 6. Fought her multiple times killed she was breaking blocks after intercept and doing 12-21k crits (instant death)
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    Hey Summoners,

We have prepared a fix for this issue that we believe should fix this issue. However, because this was a bug that we have not been able to recreate as reported, we are not able to fully test against it. If you guys still run into this issue, please let us know!

As always, your Q&A sadly sucks Kabam....

i just fought R4 Domino in Expert AW tier, on node 24, i used my R4 Void..

She dashed in, i was holding block, and her 2nd or 3rd hit ran right through me..
    I didnt release the block, i played her same way i dueled for practice
    i hold block for her combo, when evade when she is ready to throw heavy... in duels, she broke my block 0 times...
    that means i hold block until she land 3rd or 4th hit.. and dont attempt to release it or swipe back before that point..

Then i go fo AW, and she breaks my block on her second combo...
    and 25k HP void is gone in 4-5 hits....

and i didnt have any debuffs on me, and she wasn't lucky at the time...

its basically same as happened here
    https://youtu.be/3gsmxm9WzNk?t=3m8s

So, community reported this almost a month ago...
    And you still weren't able to recreate it? And properly test a supposed fix?

Played on iPad Mini 4, 11.3 iOS version, temperature of the device was nominal..
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    I also fought Domino and simply blocked her first medium. She did not break my block once. On her last hit, I tried to swipe back after her first hit of the medium hit me. For me this is not a bug rather then a new fighting style of a new Champion. I changed my figting style against Domino and everything is finde.

It's the Same as with the SP attacks I mentioned. You first have to learn, that some special can or can not be evaded. Dominos first Medium is tricky so evade it completly or stay in block.

I agree. I just replayed the path in Uncollected she is on (3.1 with YJ boss) and held hard to blocking her combo vs trying to evade if I miss the parry and she did not block break me. When I ran this the first time two days ago I kept trying to evade after the first hit of her combo and it SEEMED like she was block breaking me but because that second hit of her medium is so quick, there’s no hope of evading in time. I’m almost POSITIVE she was designed to counter that tactic we use of swiping back if we miss the parry to avoid block damage... cheeky move, but effective. Haha. Here’s the vid of the 2nd run with OG Viz.

https://youtu.be/qX4oGoL-I_8

• Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    I will do more tests with non-tech champs and see if this changes when she has 'lucky' active. Standby.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I just faced domino yesterday. Broke my block pretty easily. Cost me a revive where I never revive on 24

Champion- voodoo
    Mode- war tier 4
    Node-24

I was fighting her stun immune as I usually do, but I got cornered and had to block a few hits. Broke right through my block twice.