**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New T4CC event quests

loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
Kabam,

It is nice for you to add an event quest for this but again you are in it for yourself. I am not asking you to change how much energy each move takes up. However, you have added so much content and you have not increased our available stored Energy. If you want to complete this t4CC you have to use roughly 130 energy and you cant do anything else unless you want to spend money on units to get energy or use hard earned units to get energy. It would be nice if you finally changed our stored Energy to 100 instead of 70 or change the refresh from 6 minutes to 3 so we can enjoy the new content. 140 Energy in 14 hours and your alliance refresh(If you are in one) still is not enough energy.

Still not spending money until deals that help us grow are reasonably priced. All the issues going on with the game and you still do things that benefit you and not your customer.

Like Seatin said: Your last 4* awakening gem was 1200 units but 6 months before that it was 850. confused.

That's like my Boss saying. "I know we usually give you a 5% raise but this year we will be giving you a -5% because we know you need a job regardless".

Comments

• FoldinBoxesFoldinBoxes Posts: 34
    Not to mention that those 24 times are spread over 24 weeks. Multiply that by three (four star rank 5 cost) and it will take you over a year to get three catalysts via this method.

I know there are other sources, such as fragment crystals from monthly event quests but those give very small amounts.

Am I supposed to play for a year to catch up to where vets were last year? Who is this quest actually aimed at?
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    It’s mostky there for a reason. For example you have 35000 t4cc science fragments and you don’t have any other crystals to get to 36000, then do the daily quest to get those mini 1550 fragments
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited July 2018
    Truth is i log into the game about 3-4 times per day, and i have never found myself just moving several steps a time all day long.
    Just like im stuck with this quest for a whole day.
    Don't get me wrong i appreciate that there's this new quest and it provides to those needed it, but it feels like forever to complete. As much as we looked forward to this great feature, it' ll die down soon like proving grounds.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's probably not for the "majority of the Player Base". It's for people who don't have access to alot of Frags, for people who are trying to top Cats up, or anyone else who wants to run it. They're limited for a reason. It runs 6 days a week.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    It's probably not for the "majority of the Player Base". It's for people who don't have access to alot of Frags, for people who are trying to top Cats up, or anyone else who wants to run it. They're limited for a reason. It runs 6 days a week.

That's what doesn't make much sense to me about this quest. To me, it seems like a quest for no one. Those at the higher levels don't need T4CC and won't bother. Those who may need every T4CC fragment they can get usually still have event and story quests to complete, so their energy is in much higher demand.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea for anyone.

• Neviah2104Neviah2104 Posts: 20
    Whats even more annoying is that you need the energy to do more 'useful' quests and i would rather spend my units on those and get some decent rewards than spend units on a quest that gives you like 1% of a t4cc. I dont even get why someone would do this quest unless they are 1000 fragments away from 1 t4cc. I feel that this is such a bad idea and Kabam should do something about this
    Mhykke wrote: »

That's what doesn't make much sense to me about this quest. To me, it seems like a quest for no one. Those at the higher levels don't need T4CC and won't bother. Those who may need every T4CC fragment they can get usually still have event and story quests to complete, so their energy is in much higher demand.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea for anyone.

When you're waiting month to month for Frag Crystals, every Frag helps. Especially when you're trying to top up specific Classes. It's about adding something more into the pool, really. Add the Frags from the Cat Arena, EQ, and other sources, and it helps. People who are swimming in T4CCs won't need them regardless, but there's a whole range of Players outside of them.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    It helps for when you need a few hundred frags to rank up a champion, and month after month you get frags fro every other class but the one you need. People burn out because they want to do every piece of content, but you don't have to. Be selective
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    edited July 2018
    The funny thing about all the comments is this...... Regardless if you need a few fragments or more, everything is still halted by lack of Gold. I can play this new event quests for 4 energy and is super easy for me and get 500 gold when I win Or I can play uncollected and get around the same amount of gold and it is harder. Gold should go up a lot based on difficulty. Either way Gold should increase by more than it does with difficulty and Energy should increase. I also love how their are random level 1 potions on uncollected event quest and level 2 on hard and master. What the heck is that? how is their better potions on easier quests? I believe its because the higher ups(Whales) will spend so why give them anything from free. "oh because the game is still here because of them"
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Unless the rewards are buffed and energy cost decreased, I'll never do these quests. So much time and energy is already needed for monthly quests and story mode, and those have much better rewards, it makes these new T4CC quests a complete waste of time.

Expert T4CC quest total reward: 1,550 fragments
    Quest frequency: 1 per week per class

Fragments required to form 1 T4CC: 36,000
    T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 3 to 4: 3
    T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 4 to 5: 4
    Time to earn 3 T4CCs from Expert T4CC quest: 70 weeks
    Time to earn 4 T4CCs from Expert T4CC quest: 93 weeks

So to level up a 5* champ from level 3 to 5 would take 163 weeks, just over 3 years!

Obviously the monthly quests, story mode, AQ and AW are much better for earning T4CCs, but this goes to show how in comparison this new Expert T4CC quest is useless.

Kabam only sees 163 weeks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    With the energy use, throw us a bone. I mean the drop rate of getting a full T3C is so low. Give us a chance to get a full T4C. Then it would be worth it.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Unless the rewards are buffed and energy cost decreased, I'll never do these quests. So much time and energy is already needed for monthly quests and story mode, and those have much better rewards, it makes these new T4CC quests a complete waste of time.

So to level up a 5* champ from level 3 to 5 would take 163 weeks, just over 3 years!

Obviously the monthly quests, story mode, AQ and AW are much better for earning T4CCs, but this goes to show how in comparison this new Expert T4CC quest is useless.

Agree with the conclusion here but a minor correction: T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 4 to 5 is 6 (not 4). :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Gblake1965 wrote: »
    Based on the standard level 60 player with 70 energy, it would mean a T4CC would ultimately cost you 1400 Units. This is based off a 70 energy pool, 1550 shards per day at 136 energy. 36000 shards to form a full T4CC divided by 1550 shards equals about 24 times you would heave to run through this content to get the required shards. So that 24 times 136 - is 3264 energy. That would be 47 energy refills at 30 units
    > 1400 units. Would you buy a T4CC for 1400 units????? 1400 units is a Black Panthers Treasure or $50. $50 for a T4CC??? Seems a bit steep to me

If you are free to play you can grind those units for free, so its not exactly kosher to compare unit costs to cash offers. Otherwise, you have to consider all the cash Kabam gives away as arena milestones, which is substantial.

I think if you are not uncollected and not in an expert-tier (or comparable as tiers don't exist anymore) it isn't a bad opportunity: I would grind it if I was not uncollected and not in a higher alliance as I would have tons of extra energy (if I wasn't doing the uncollected difficulty) and it would probably be a relatively good source of T4CC, relative to what was otherwise available to me. Heck, the expert dailies are probably a better T4CC source than was available to me prior to 12.0.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Yesterday (when I saw the announcement) I was extremely happy for this addition.
    Today, after seeing the "requirements" I am 100% sure that I will take this quest only the moment I am very-very close to build a full T4CC catalyst. I am a player with only 2 maxx-ed 4*. And my only good 5* is still at rank 3.
    I cannot afford to buy all T4CC from store using glory and I have very few other ways of getting fragments.
    This is why I was extremely happy after I saw the announcement.

Today, I's not happy.
    Leaving aside the energy costs the enemies are way too powerful.
    I also consider that there are more players "smaller" than me that won't be able to fully complete the quest.
    Yes, I am aware that not everything is to be completed but Kabam, you tried to help by providing a new way if getting T4CC fragments. I do hope that in time, you will realize that the big players won't need those 1.500 fragments and the small players won't be able to "compete" for them.

So, as someone above said... this might not get the "attention" you wanted.
    Not as it is now.
    I thank you for this functionality and please consider this as a personal opinion.
  • Ron_DeuceRon_Deuce Posts: 19
    One of two things should happen for these:

1) If the payout is going to be trash then lower the cost of energy to do the quest

2)Keep the energy cost the same and increase the payout to 25-33% of a catalyst

The only purpose this serves right now would be to form a catalyst if you are 1k or so short
    Ron_Deuce wrote: »
    One of two things should happen for these:

1) If the payout is going to be trash then lower the cost of energy to do the quest

2)Keep the energy cost the same and increase the payout to 25-33% of a catalyst

The only purpose this serves right now would be to form a catalyst if you are 1k or so short

I/3 of a Cat, and people wouldn't be as bothered by the other sources. It's not really meant to be a substitute for the other ways to accumulate. Just another source that you can target the Class for.
  • SuperSleightSuperSleight Posts: 46
    arsjum wrote: »

Agree with the conclusion here but a minor correction: T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 4 to 5 is 6 (not 4). :)

Oh dang, you're right! It's even worse then.

T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 3 to 4: 4
    T4CCs required to level up a 5* from level 4 to 5: 6
    Time to earn 6 T4CCs from Expert T4CC quest: 140 weeks

So to level up a 5* champ from level 3 to 5 would take 233 weeks, over 4.5 years!
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    edited July 2018
    @GroundedWisdom

An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Shimmy shake Shimmy do! Celebrity is as celebrity does! Your fortune cookie comments are hilarious!
  • FoldinBoxesFoldinBoxes Posts: 34
    1/4 of a T4CC per full exploration is not outrageous in the least. That's still one month per catalyst or 3-6 months to rank something up. That is still a LOT of time for a single rank up.

One month per catalyst is much more reasonable and provides a "light at the end of the tunnel" without being too easy to get.
  • TheTAbyssTheTAbyss Posts: 14
    Rocap wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Shimmy shake Shimmy do! Celebrity is as celebrity does! Your fortune cookie comments are hilarious!
    ]

“Fortune Cookie” 😂 “big winds come from empty caves”

Nothing about what I said even remotely resembles Fortune Cookie.
    If I was going to go that route, I'd say:
    "Man who takes the path of destiny everyday needs no luck."
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    “Man who spends all day talking, doesn’t advance in game or get dupes for 5 star champs”

-ancient Chinese proverb
    Random and ineffective.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Much like someone with such limited experience and progression in the game giving advice to anyone on any topic, like this one here. Any serious player would tell someone trying to build up their t4cc stash to join a decent alliance and run AQ, as its the best and fastest way to grow your resources and roster. Instead you’re advocating for them to spend their energy for half a day on a tiny portion of one class, while the monthly event quest time is ticking (with great rewards on the table every time if you fully explore them). This would be the effective and honest answer, but instead it’s another kabam worshiping derailment of a thread. A daily occurrence for you, when you complained you can’t get 5 star dupes. Go grind and make it happen, instead of steering players into ineffective avenues of energy wastes.