**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did kabam remove Rhino from mini boss of map 5 ?

From last 5 weeks we were waiting for rhino to come as mini boss but we are always getting cable and mordo.
please advise.

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Kabam says it is random...the only thing they block is the same miniboss happening 2 weeks in a row. So in other words, it is a 50/50 shot between the two remaining champs.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    And if you believe they do not tilt the scales based on what boss gets more kills, I have a bridge to sell you
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kabam realized that Rhino was too easy so they put him at the bottom of the rotation. Kind of like when Groot was every other bonus champ during the Hero advancement month.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Mordo and cable are so easy I don't see how anyone can complain.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

Then you aren't trying to see.

Cable:
    Power gain chance when reaching a bar.
    Regen chance when reaching a bar.
    Hard to dodge L1.
    L2 takes up a lot of time(Not good if he has regen/power gain buff on).

Mordo:
    Can't hit during stun(Unless you have certain champs).
    Has a power gain phase that'll make him very defensive.

Some champs work very well against them (Magik for both, Drax for Mordo, etc.) but if you don't have them then it'll be a bit more difficult.

They aren't impossible, but they are harder to face than most characters.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★

Cable:
    Hard to dodge L1.

Mordo:

Some champs work very well against them (Magik for both, Drax for Mordo, etc.) but if you don't have them then it'll be a bit more difficult.

Rhinos unstoppable has always been more of a pain.
    Mordo:
    Fate seal removes his power gain for the entire fight. Intercept don't parry.
    Cable: all specials easily avoided and you can use pacify masteries to tone down his regen and power gain. Thor easily soloes.
    edited July 2017

Cable:
    Hard to dodge L1.

Mordo:

Rhinos unstoppable has always been more of a pain.
    Mordo:
    Fate seal removes his power gain for the entire fight. Intercept don't parry.
    Cable: all specials easily avoided and you can use pacify masteries to tone down his regen and power gain. Thor easily soloes.

Rhino: keep close so he doesn't get his unstoppable charge.

Every champ has counters, majority of people just find Mordo and Cable to be a bit more difficult, that's what I was addressing.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    And if you believe they do not tilt the scales based on what boss gets more kills, I have a bridge to sell you

I was simply quoting Kabam in response to the OP. I was not attempting to tell anyone what to believe in regards to it. :)
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Cable is easy - leave up Groots AON node in section one and use Magik to power lock him. He never use a special.
  • I was just wondering the same this morning, but have talked to the team, and he is still in the pool. He just hasn't showed up again.
  • PrinceIndiaPrinceIndia Posts: 49
    @kabam mike why to create a pool let it come in sequential order?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

How would Kabam know whether Rhino would get more or less miniboss kills if he hasn't been the miniboss yet?

I'm not deluded enough to believe we'll ever stop having crazy conspiracy notions thrown at the wall to see if they stick, but I would like to see more effort put into reducing the number of plot holes they contain.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

How would Kabam know whether Rhino would get more or less miniboss kills if he hasn't been the miniboss yet?

I'm not deluded enough to believe we'll ever stop having crazy conspiracy notions thrown at the wall to see if they stick, but I would like to see more effort put into reducing the number of plot holes they contain.

Beta testing round, they said they even lowered the difficulty of some bosses, that's how they'd know.

Beta testing round, they said they even lowered the difficulty of some bosses, that's how they'd know.

That's not really logical, because if they were adjusting difficulty during beta test, those kill counts wouldn't be representative of current difficulty. Worse: the longer a boss remains in rotation, the more practice players get on him and the easier that boss becomes. That's what happened to Groot for example. Throwing Cable and Mordo at us over and over again just because Rhino got a few less kills in beta will eventually be counter productive. Mcord's theory only makes the tiniest bit of sense if Kabam was adjusting the boss chance *continuously* based on which boss was getting the higher percentage kill counts over time on live. Pushing the probability of one boss much lower based on old data actually makes things easier for the players, because they can focus their practice on fewer targets.

In other words, it is next to worthless to know which boss *was* the hardest. It is only useful to know which boss is *currently* the hardest, based on recent performance. And that means each boss has to show up often enough to gauge that performance in the first place.

That's not really logical, because if they were adjusting difficulty during beta test, those kill counts wouldn't be representative of current difficulty. Worse: the longer a boss remains in rotation, the more practice players get on him and the easier that boss becomes. That's what happened to Groot for example. Throwing Cable and Mordo at us over and over again just because Rhino got a few less kills in beta will eventually be counter productive. Mcord's theory only makes the tiniest bit of sense if Kabam was adjusting the boss chance *continuously* based on which boss was getting the higher percentage kill counts over time on live. Pushing the probability of one boss much lower based on old data actually makes things easier for the players, because they can focus their practice on fewer targets.

In other words, it is next to worthless to know which boss *was* the hardest. It is only useful to know which boss is *currently* the hardest, based on recent performance. And that means each boss has to show up often enough to gauge that performance in the first place.

I'm not confirming the theory, I'm just saying how they would know, don't talk to me about it, talk to Mcord about it.

I'm not confirming the theory, I'm just saying how they would know, don't talk to me about it, talk to Mcord about it.

Mcord said "gets more kills" not "got more kills." I'm giving Mcord the benefit of the doubt that he meant what he said, and didn't mean what you said, which I tried to explain to you are two different things. Your interpretation of his theory, that he meant "got more kills (in beta)" makes even less sense.

Mcord said "gets more kills" not "got more kills." I'm giving Mcord the benefit of the doubt that he meant what he said, and didn't mean what you said, which I tried to explain to you are two different things. Your interpretation of his theory, that he meant "got more kills (in beta)" makes even less sense.

The bosses haven't changed since the end of the beta to now, yes I know people have practiced against 2 of them a bit more than the other but don't act like fighting them in the beta is a completely different experience, no alterations to any of the 3 have been made since.

Also it's not like they tested the bosses, tuned them down then released them without testing the new versions, which is what it seems like you were saying here,

"That's not really logical, because if they were adjusting difficulty during beta test, those kill counts wouldn't be representative of current difficulty."

Also, I can fight guys like NC, Mordo and whoever as much as I want, and I can get better at fighting them as time goes on, but it's still be easier to face an IM than any of them.