**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    You keep saying shards are somewhat more available. Truth is they are way more available but you just don't want your the effort in to get them by the sounds of it.

It's not about the Shards. They may be WAY more available compared to a couple years ago, but the pool has grown significantly.
    Nowhere in the Thread did I say I wasn't willing to put the effort in.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    You keep saying shards are somewhat more available. Truth is they are way more available but you just don't want your the effort in to get them by the sounds of it.

It's not about the Shards. They may be WAY more available compared to a couple years ago, but the pool has grown significantly.
    Nowhere in the Thread did I say I wasn't willing to put the effort in.

The pool has grown but your also getting loads more chances at a go for them if you put the effort in
  • Options
    People trying to build a 5* Roster aren't going through loads more. If you're looking at it from the perspective of someone already at 50 5*s and a majority Duped, opening several every month or more, sure. Seems like loads more. I'm talking about people who are trying to build a 5* Roster. Champs are added each month, and it's going to get worse. I'm talking about others, as well. Not just myself. The game is changing, and new problems are arising.
    This just feels like a semi-dig, and the conversation has been going well, so I'm just going to leave it at that. Implying people just don't want to put in the work is just ignoring the issue.
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    People trying to build a 5* Roster aren't going through loads more. If you're looking at it from the perspective of someone already at 50 5*s and a majority Duped, opening several every month or more, sure. Seems like loads more. I'm talking about people who are trying to build a 5* Roster. Champs are added each month, and it's going to get worse. I'm talking about others, as well. Not just myself. The game is changing, and new problems are arising.
    This just feels like a semi-dig, and the conversation has been going well, so I'm just going to leave it at that. Implying people just don't want to put in the work is just ignoring the issue.

But that's why awakening gems exist...

Awakening Gems don't solve the problem of a growing pool of Champs in the Basic Crystal.
    Gems exist because people have Champs they haven't been able to Dup that they want to Awaken. That doesn't change if people can Dup Basics somewhat easier.
  • Options
    What I'm suggesting isn't even that drastic. It's still RNG. It's not as if people will be able to pick and choose what Champs they Dup. Either way, the chances of Duping one specific Champ decrease as more are added.
    If there are 100 Champs in the Crystal and you're going for...let's say Blade, that's 1%. 2 more added the next month, that's less....and so on. Same thing happens when you split the pool up. As they're added, chances become less.
    Even if they didn't separate by Class and split the pool into 3, that would be better. Still RNG, just easier for people to start out. I'm not sure if that's the basis for the argument or not, that people might be able to have a chance building. The game has changed, and it's not as hard as it was for people years ago. That's evolution. The problems people are facing now are not the same as the problems before, and I'm personally not bothered by that. If I am on top, I want it to be because I earned it fairly. Not because I had my eyes on everyone else's plate.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    "Let's remove the Class aspect. Let's say, like Dungeons, a Chaos Crystal, and other specific themes. Heck, make it random Champs that have nothing in common."

Sort of like a featured crystal

lol

this thread

it's a moot point anyway, the likelihood of Kabam doing this when they already have both of the versions of this you're suggesting (special event/dungeon/offer crystals like dungeons had & featured crystals) is very very low, and if they did introduce class specific you would still have bad odds as the number of champs continue to grow as well as what they would make this crystal cost. In which case those who were struggling to dupe their honestly small five star roster wouldn't be able to afford it anyway as it would take them even longer to acquire the shards to open this. It all goes back to that point. At the time eventually when you WOULD have enough shards on a regular basis doing what you're doing now (or at the same pace), because you're choosing not to grind hard and earn more crystals now...by that time, 5 stars will be popping at the same rate 4 star crystals are popping now, meaning much quicker earned and then your exact same problem would shift to 6 stars. The problem isn't how they have the crystals set up, or the likelihood of you pulling a duplicate compared to how many champs are in the crystal + new champs added...it's that you aren't earning enough crystals due to not playing the game enough. That's all. Unless you're willing to spend a lot of money, Kabam will not change their design - neither RNG or featured to push players to purchase or spend units - because it works and makes them money. Narrowing the field down in some type of permanent class specific crystal, just so people who aren't even uncollected yet/don't run arena enough to earn 4&5 star champs can dupe someone? Not happening. The answer always will boil down to "be patient, get good or pay". That's all the answer you need here.

• Options
    Shards may be somewhat more available now"
    The changes to the Featured and regular inclusions to the Basic are somewhat new, and that gives way to a new problem, which is what I'm noticing. As I said, I'd venture the guess that they noticed it as well, as was indicated with the Dungeons. That's where my suggestion is coming from. It's really a steady process of trying to balance, then and now. That's what I'm advocating. It has to do with making it reasonably possible, and seeing as how 5* Rosters are much more needed, it's more important. Mind you I'm not saying 4*s are useless, or any of that. Just that the requirement for progression has changed. My suggestion affects the people who need them the most starting out. Not that I want the new Players to have the God Tier Champs or any of that. Just a fighting chance to get a Basic Roster Duped reasonably within natural progression.

Shards ARE MORE available now. Stop adding "somewhat" as it's not true. There's videos out there showing any player who has the time and energy how to do them. If you're a new player you are going to take longer to get there anyway, and by that time they will have continued to catch up to the meta and probably have already shifted to 6 stars and people complaining they can't dupe THOSE because they're getting more five stars and not pulling a 6 star dupe. It's an endless cycle but they have addressed the 5 star shard issue and I have mentioned it multiple times on here, and you continue to ignore it. Do the work and progress and you'll start pulling more and dupe someone. It's that simple. Also, if dungeons were intended to address duping a specific character, they would have let you open more than one of those specific crystals multiple times. This was actually a huge blowup here because they made it seem in the announcement for dungeons that this was the case and purpose, and when people opened their first and it said you couldn't open the same one again, people were upset for this very reason. It was a bonus for one month, just like other crystals would be and they will catch up the basic to where people are opening more 5 stars than they were before, even without arena.

The point of this thread was to ask for a crystal to make it easier for you to target a champ because you don't play the game enough in it's current form to dupe someone that thousands of other people have had no problem achieving. Once you're in your mid 30s on 5 star champs and start opening them weekly like a lot of other people right now who aren't high end players even, then talk to me if you haven't duped someone. This would have been the same case for 4 stars when they first came out, and i went a year without duping one.
  • Options
    And I’ll lesve one final point of contention...right now if you just list the number of playable champs you can pull from a 5 star (excluding a few from each class who aren’t available and which I can’t remember all off my head), you get: 22 cosmic champs, 23 mutant champs, 17 mystic, 22 science, 21 skill and 20 tech. Mystic would be the only one even right now without new future champs added where you MIGHT have some advantage for narrowing it down, you still have 13 champs in the crystal. The odds of pulling the specific champ you want are still relatively high compared to how the featured crystal works at the moment. There’s what, 24 champs in those total? We’re almost at that number in 5 out of the 6 classes. And it would still be up to RNG.

Everything I already said still stands true and you add this in, and it seems we come back to the same conclusion: for once in your entire post history, you come out and don’t like something that kabam specifically designed to work a certain way in the game, and you don’t either trust them to increase the amount of 5 star crystals as we go along for you to catch up, or you aren’t willing to put the work in to pull more, and you now want something changed to maybe, possibly (but definitely won’t) help you get a specific champ. If someone else had made this post I would have expected you to literally say all of this word for word, but instead you don’t want to hear others telling you how to do it for yourself.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Make that 20 now. Lol. Although I'm not that broken up about it. Pulled Hela. Been waiting for her for a while. Still, my concern stands. Lol.
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    My 6th 5* crystal was a duped O.M.L
    Haven't done it since. Hoping to dupe my Goldpool in the arena that begins on my birthday. Won't hold my breath though.
  • Options
    My 6th 5* crystal was a duped O.M.L
    Haven't done it since. Hoping to dupe my Goldpool in the arena that begins on my birthday. Won't hold my breath though.

Still, Grats. Happy Birthday! :)
  • Options
    WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    Onli 25 5* here and only duped 2. Gwenpool and starlord.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    My main account has 8 5*s and one is a duped og spiderman. My second account has 4 5*s and has a duped Netflix daredevil
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    For some reason I keep getting and duping MoonKnight. Pulled him 3 times now in a short time which makes me think MCOC is trying to tell me something. But 5 star duping is hard. The 5 star crystals could really benefit from a class specific crystal or themed crystal.
  • Options
    Thought50 wrote: »

I thought that was Kabams plan for progression, and how the game is designed.

It's an ongoing process. Designs that are constantly evolving can sometimes give way to new issues, and part of being involved in a community such as this, is we get to communicate issues that we see arising.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom you can have your class crystals when we can have our permanent 30m timers. 😁

Also, don’t forget you advocate for the 2 new champs a month, so the pool will just keep on growing faster. You want more champs, but want an easier way to dupe them. Can’t have it all man.

If Kabam was smart, they’d sell more crystals with a specific good pool of champs or a specific champ or 5* AG at a reasonable price and then folks would shell out for them to dupe the ones they want. Really makes no sense to me why everything has to be RNG 💯 of the time or cost $500 (Vision) when it’s not.
  • Options
    Interesting that people who have me on Ignore still comment on my Threads. Also intersting that people I have on Ignore comment as well. Of course, when you think about it, it's not intersting at all. It's pretty obvious. Lol.
  • Options

It's an ongoing process. Designs that are constantly evolving can sometimes give way to new issues, and part of being involved in a community such as this, is we get to communicate issues that we see arising.

I would bet all the money in the world that someone has said, almost exactly what you just stated, to you in multiple other threads. People make posts all the time for change in the game and when you shut them down they give you that response. This is utterly hypocrical, and you wonder why you’re getting the responses you get in this thread?

And while I feel the plight of few 5 Star dupes and I agree class specific crystals would be good if implemented correctly, part of me also thinks that this game is luck based so we have to deal with RNG and just suffer along. Knowing full well Kabam won’t change and make it better for the players. They got rid of the good 5 Star Featured crystal and replaced it with the bad one we have now.

I would bet all the money in the world that someone has said, almost exactly what you just stated, to you in multiple other threads. People make posts all the time for change in the game and when you shut them down they give you that response. This is utterly hypocrical, and you wonder why you’re getting the responses you get in this thread?

And while I feel the plight of few 5 Star dupes and I agree class specific crystals would be good if implemented correctly, part of me also thinks that this game is luck based so we have to deal with RNG and just suffer along. Knowing full well Kabam won’t change and make it better for the players. They got rid of the good 5 Star Featured crystal and replaced it with the bad one we have now.
    It's not hypocritical at all. You can't presume to know what I would say to someone, and you're fishing for an argument. If you're not going to comment on the topic, great. If you're taking an opportunity to comment on me personally, that's been done before and fallen to the side.

The 5* Feature was a bit more than just bypassing luck. It was a 20% chance at a Champ as soon as they came out. That was higher than any other Crystal in the game. The end result was a flood of new Champs, and they really lost value. When the Crystal came originally, that was necessary because Shards were scarce and Champs were few. The game changed and it was necessary to change it. That's exactly the same type of issue I'm presenting. The Basic Pool is growing and it makes Dups that much more difficult for people, especially starting out.
    Now, if you would like to discuss further, by all means. If you're going to respond with something directed at me personally, I'm not responding at all.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Interesting that people who have me on Ignore still comment on my Threads. Also intersting that people I have on Ignore comment as well. Of course, when you think about it, it's not intersting at all. It's pretty obvious. Lol.

Interesting that you comment on people who you have on ignore about them commenting on you who they have on ignore. Lol.
  • Options

Interesting that you comment on people who you have on ignore about them commenting on you who they have on ignore. Lol.

I can see when people on Ignore comment, that doesn't meant I have to respond. I can also see when people who have me on Ignore comment.
    Intersting that you bypassed the topic to make a comment about my comment about Ignore. Lol.
    Moving on.
  • Options
    This is seriously getting childish. I'm about done with it. I'll be responding to the subject only from now on.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Really, cause I had a legitimate post up above and then you commented something completely off topic about who you've blocked (or thought may have blocked you) still commenting. Either way, if it happens, cool. If not, wishful thinking on your part. Just like wishful thinking from many others who have offered suggestions like 30 minute timers, etc. RNG buddy. It is what it is in the current state of the game. As designed by Kabam.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

I can see when people on Ignore comment, that doesn't meant I have to respond. I can also see when people who have me on Ignore comment.
    Intersting that you bypassed the topic to make a comment about my comment about Ignore. Lol.
    Moving on.

How can you know who has or doesn't have you on ignore? Even if you assume they have you on ignore, you made a comment on how it's interesting people who have you on ignore continue to reply to you, while you replied to the same person who you say you have on ignore. I just find humor in the hyprocisy of that statement is all :D . Anyway time to move on.

5* 'dups', more shards = more chance at dups.
  • Options

Moving on.

How can you know who has or doesn't have you on ignore? Even if you assume they have you on ignore, you made a comment on how it's interesting people who have you on ignore continue to reply to you, while you replied to the same person who you say you have on ignore. I just find humor in the hyprocisy of that statement is all :D . Anyway time to move on.

5* 'dups', more shards = more chance at dups.

I didn't reply to anyone I have on Ignore. When someone that has you on Ignore comments, you see the last comment on the Main Page, and you can't read the comment.

More Shards are not the solution to what I'm talking about. As I've mentioned repeatedly. I know the usual response is "Git Gud, Git More", but that's not the issue presented, and it's not even a solution to what I'm talking about. People starting out will have a harder and harder time to acquire Dups as the pool in the Basic is growing. I'm sure that's not an issue for people pulling in many 5*s a month, have a number of Dups, and have been amassing them for years now. The issue is the pool growing in the Basic, making it increasingly harder to Dup. It will become more and more challenging to Dup them for people building a Roster to Dup. Now, some people might say "working as intended", whether because that's how they feel, they want to contradict me, or because they want it to be hard for people. Whatever the reason, they're free to disagree, but more Shards is not a solution to what I'm presenting. Nor does it address the demographic I'm talking about.