**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update 14.0.0 - Android Infinite Loading Bug Still Present

BrainyBrainy Posts: 31
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I updated my game immediately the update was released and played for some minutes hoping the bug has been fixed. I was enjoying the new skins and events then Knock Knock, the Android Infinite Loading Bug said Hello, I'm still here...

Please Kabam, you've been aware of this bug for weeks now but you still didn't do anything about it. We're losing health for no reason. The worst part is when it strikes you in an Alliance Event. This is making the game unplayable.

The only way you can play smoothly is when you're on WiFi. And don't think the problem is from my mobile network. My mobile network connectivity is okay. Only the game loses connection forever till you force close it and relaunch.

We hope you fix it soon and give us a kind of compensation.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I haven't experienced it since the Update. It could be spotty WiFi. I would test your connection several times. Not saying it's not still present. Just looking at options.
  • BrainyBrainy Posts: 31
    I haven't experienced it since the Update. It could be spotty WiFi. I would test your connection several times. Not saying it's not still present. Just looking at options.

I tested my connection before posting this. And my mobile network is usually fast and okay.

The bug strikes only when you're on Mobile Network Connection. You're safe if you're on WiFi.
    Brainy wrote: »

I tested my connection before posting this. And my mobile network is usually fast and okay.

The bug strikes only when you're on Mobile Network Connection. You're safe if you're on WiFi.

Then it would be your Mobile Network.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    It's really seeming like everything they claimed they would fix is still broken. Recovery, Attack during Evade, the whole kit and caboodle.

I actually disagree on that. We have thousands of players facing this issue. And it all started from the last update. Kabam obviously messed something up... I'm not the only one going through this. As I'm posting this, the game is still loading.........
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    I updated my game immediately the update was released and played for some minutes hoping the bug has been fixed. I was enjoying the new skins and events then Knock Knock, the Android Infinite Loading Bug said Hello, I'm still here...

Please Kabam, you've been aware of this bug for weeks now but you still didn't do anything about it. We're losing health for no reason. The worst part is when it strikes you in an Alliance Event. This is making the game unplayable.

The only way you can play smoothly is when you're on WiFi. And don't think the problem is from my mobile network. My mobile network connectivity is okay. Only the game loses connection forever till you force close it and relaunch.

We hope you fix it soon and give us a kind of compensation.

Same issue I'm facing... No problem in network.. it's the bug.
    Fireatwill wrote: »
    It's really seeming like everything they claimed they would fix is still broken. Recovery, Attack during Evade, the whole kit and caboodle.

You're right. I still noticed the irregularities in the gameplay. I think this update is only about the new designs, backgrounds and events...

I actually disagree on that. We have thousands of players facing this issue. And it all started from the last update. Kabam obviously messed something up... I'm not the only one going through this. As I'm posting this, the game is still loading.........

Sorry you're experiencing it. I haven't, and it was quite frequent before the Update. Just looking at possibilities.

Sorry you're experiencing it. I haven't, and it was quite frequent before the Update. Just looking at possibilities.

Do you play on WiFi or mobile network?

WiFi. That's why I figured it would be isolated to that. Mobile Networks have signals that can rise and dip more often. If the signal drops, the game can sometimes default to a Time Out.

WiFi. That's why I figured it would be isolated to that. Mobile Networks have signals that can rise and dip more often. If the signal drops, the game can sometimes default to a Time Out.

You're right. But about that, the most the game could do in the past was disconnect you from the server and tell you to reconnect when your session expires. And the disconnection from the server doesn't happen in a short time.

In this case, the game and the server just forget you kind of. Like the server doesn't even know you're there. It just keeps rolling rolling rolling forever.
  • obihara1obihara1 Posts: 5
    Kabam please fix this problem for Android users
    edited July 2017
    When I updated the game I was so happy and now so unhappy please fix this problem for Android users
    Network problem again
    obihara1 wrote: »
    When I updated the game I was so happy and now so unhappy please fix this problem for Android users

I'm heartbroken too. Just not fair
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    edited July 2017
    its actually worse... the game crashes on loading screen if on WiFi or doesn't connect at all.. i can only log in on 4g and it has to be very good connection ... and no its not my WiFi this is in multiple places .. my house.. at work etc... what a fking joke this company is.
  • 19D2019D20 Posts: 1
    I don't even know if mine updated show the new Spiderman but when I click on it it doesn't show the contest I'm on a iPad
    Scud70 wrote: »
    its actually worse... the game crashes on loading screen if on WiFi or doesn't connect at all.. i can only log in on 4g and it has to be very good connection ... and no its not my WiFi this is in multiple places .. my house.. at work etc... what a fking joke this company is.

This could be a new one here. I'll try mine on WiFi and post how it goes. I just hope Kabam is reading all these....
  • biohazard9666biohazard9666 Posts: 2
    I never had any problem like this one, but unfortunately after the new update now I'm stuck in the infinite loop.
    I have two devices, it seems the issue is only on Android, instead on iOS everything looks normal.

Personally I don't think it could be a connection problem, either on mobile or on wifi, to me it looks like an awful bug.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Same here. I play on mobile network mainly. Ocasionally (but much more frequently than before) the game stops at the end of a fight and I can only solve this by shutting the game and logging in again (and I lost the fight and half the health).

Don't understand a thing about these technical issues, but it seems the game contacts the server to communicate the result after each fight? If so, can't it store the result also on the device so that if it crashes the server will recover that information after we log in again? Does this make sense?
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited July 2017
    The never-ending loading wheel is still there. and it's not related to my mobile network itself, since I have full signal!
    it seems like the game does not detect correctly the mobile network to communicate the end of fight results...
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    v3vvhb0180fq.png
    Me too. It seems worse, actually. And now I don't see the spinning wheel anymore. Not sure what this is.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Ah, now i see.y1vs1vagsp74.png
  • Im also facing the issue mostly in mobile mode. Everytime if the connection gets lost for a moment, then the infinite loading happens. Wi-Fi ist mostly stable so I don't have any issues.
  • For everyone claiming they have amazing signal when the infinite loading kicks in, I can guarantee that their mobile signal drops slightly. I've noticed that even if I lose one bar and regain again or my provider auto switches me between 4g/3g/H the bug appears (yes it can happen even if you're sat still, it's a thing called aerial interference). The problem seems to be that the game doesn't attempt to reconnect with the server after it happens, it just sits there idly loading with no instruction or idea on what to do next...
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Ah, now i see.y1vs1vagsp74.png

Hahaha
    I think the problem is that the server times out too quick and forgets the session when you're on Mobile
  • Fortman1Fortman1 Posts: 3
    I only experience the infinite loading on my home AT&T wifi. Game is fine on cell data and Verizon mifi. So irritating. It does it A LOT at home.
  • My game never crashed once in the year I started playing. But since the last update the game crashes all the time. Kabam should reimburse us for this since we lose units, potions, victories, etc.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It's a bug.