**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To All Those Confused On "Gwenpool Goes to the Movies"

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Well, I just spent 350 Units trying to get Wasp. I think it would be best to wait for the 1 Vs. 1 in a week. Lol. Thought I would try my luck. Landed a few 2*s I didn't have though.

How did you spend 350? isn't the cost 150 and 300? I don't think I am going to push my luck on any FGMC... I just popped 1 Corvus crystal and pulled him as 4*. I had an awakening gem and a r4 to r5 gem so I was able to max him out right away. I'm feeling I can't repeat that though.

I bought the 50 Unit 2* Crystals trying for the only Champ I don't have. Lol.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    @Werewrym thank you!!!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Well, I just spent 350 Units trying to get Wasp. I think it would be best to wait for the 1 Vs. 1 in a week. Lol. Thought I would try my luck. Landed a few 2*s I didn't have though.

How did you spend 350? isn't the cost 150 and 300? I don't think I am going to push my luck on any FGMC... I just popped 1 Corvus crystal and pulled him as 4*. I had an awakening gem and a r4 to r5 gem so I was able to max him out right away. I'm feeling I can't repeat that though.

Ah so we can buy the 2* crystals? 50 units seems awfully pricey though. Are the 50 unit crystals full dupes? Sorry for my questions... I haven't been able to log in yet due to work.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164

Ah so we can buy the 2* crystals? 50 units seems awfully pricey though. Are the 50 unit crystals full dupes? Sorry for my questions... I haven't been able to log in yet due to work.

No, the 2* crystals are not full dup. They said you get 1 sig level but no other rewards.
    PureRage13 wrote: »

No, the 2* crystals are not full dup. They said you get 1 sig level but no other rewards.

The ones that you buy? I know they said that, but wasn't that about the quickmatch arena crystals? For 50 units a pop, I would hope they are full dupes.
    No, Basic.
    No, Basic.

Wow... Seems like kind of a ripoff, but I suppose whatever it takes to get that 5* cinematic crystal.
    I don't mind. Not going to get much from a 2* Dup anyway. Besides, I nabbed 3 2* Collectibles I don't have.
  • KyleMKyleM Posts: 129
    I don't mind. Not going to get much from a 2* Dup anyway. Besides, I nabbed 3 2* Collectibles I don't have.

Why not wait until there free next week seems like a bad deal paying 50 this for free next week

True, 2* dupes don't really change the way we play at this point. lol
    KyleM wrote: »

Why not wait until there free next week seems like a bad deal paying 50 this for free next week

Yeah that was my choice. I got impatient and thought I would try my luck so I didn't have to worry about it. I'll have to focus on a lot this month. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
  • Chris_L_HChris_L_H Posts: 162
    I too was a little impatient, and bought a couple of the 2* crystals. They are full dupe for what it's worth.
  • So do we need to 100% every difficulty of the quest to get the 5* cinematic crystal or just 100% each epic difficulty?
    So do we need to 100% every difficulty of the quest to get the 5* cinematic crystal or just 100% each epic difficulty?

Based on the pictures I have seen it looks like you only need to 100% the epic difficulty. That said, I would 100% them all just to get maximum rewards. You will if nothing else get a bunch of cinematic crystals with chances at some of the new 4* champions like IMIW and Wasp.
    Wonder how the difficulty on epic increases first few quest were easy but expecting it to become crazy on week 4
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    So here's something that really confuses me. Kabam comes out with Infinity Dungeons and puts a prestige cutoff for the 5* basic crystal. And now we have the epic difficult which isn't really that hard and they are throwing around 5* crystal like nothing. I'm not complaining, but this basically allows anyone with even a decent 3* lineup to get a 5* hero. My prestige was way over the cutoff during Infinity Dungeons so I didn't have to worry about it, but I image it kind of sucked for those who didn't make that cutoff. Either way I like the new event, I just think that Kabam's consistency is pretty random.

I think it is only confusing if you believe all content is supposed to have the same difficulty to reward ratio. But there's no reason to believe that is true, and no reason to believe that is even a good idea. After all, some rewards require a strong roster and skill to acquire in say uncollected monthly events. Some they give away for zero effort in the calendar. That's not an inconsistency, that's a reflection on the fact that the purpose to the calendar and the purpose to the uncollected difficulty are different. In particular, I notice that some property tie-in content is intended to be specifically challenging, like the named challenges (Ming-Na, etc). And some are intended to be more marketing fluff pieces where most players are supposed to be able to complete it and the rewards are more of a player-wide bonus.

The calendar rewards are there to encourage people to remain engaged in the game, and they are scaled for that purpose. The alliance event rewards are there to encourage players to engage with other players for form a stronger attachment to the game, and are scaled under that circumstance. The monthly events have a range of difficulty to reward and encourage players to sharpen their skills and build up large diverse rosters, and the rewards are designed around that purpose and not directly comparable to the rewards given to serve other purposes. Infinity Dungeons seems to have been an experiment in creating content with a different kind of scaling difficulty and rewards, and thus the prerequisites and net difficulty were much higher.

Maybe the Gwenpool goes to the movies event is intended to be more marketing fluff and less challenge: we'll have to see when the rest of the weeks come out.
  • PandamanTanPandamanTan Posts: 120
    Can someone tell me what the opponents are like in Epic mode? Easy or Hard?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I'm thinking they will get progressively harder in future weeks, but right now they are so easy I initially thought they might have been bugged.

I would guess by the end of the event they will be possibly up near uncollected level but right now 99% of player should clear it no problem
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    So here's something that really confuses me. Kabam comes out with Infinity Dungeons and puts a prestige cutoff for the 5* basic crystal. And now we have the epic difficult which isn't really that hard and they are throwing around 5* crystal like nothing. I'm not complaining, but this basically allows anyone with even a decent 3* lineup to get a 5* hero. My prestige was way over the cutoff during Infinity Dungeons so I didn't have to worry about it, but I image it kind of sucked for those who didn't make that cutoff. Either way I like the new event, I just think that Kabam's consistency is pretty random.

I think it is only confusing if you believe all content is supposed to have the same difficulty to reward ratio. But there's no reason to believe that is true, and no reason to believe that is even a good idea. After all, some rewards require a strong roster and skill to acquire in say uncollected monthly events. Some they give away for zero effort in the calendar. That's not an inconsistency, that's a reflection on the fact that the purpose to the calendar and the purpose to the uncollected difficulty are different. In particular, I notice that some property tie-in content is intended to be specifically challenging, like the named challenges (Ming-Na, etc). And some are intended to be more marketing fluff pieces where most players are supposed to be able to complete it and the rewards are more of a player-wide bonus.

The calendar rewards are there to encourage people to remain engaged in the game, and they are scaled for that purpose. The alliance event rewards are there to encourage players to engage with other players for form a stronger attachment to the game, and are scaled under that circumstance. The monthly events have a range of difficulty to reward and encourage players to sharpen their skills and build up large diverse rosters, and the rewards are designed around that purpose and not directly comparable to the rewards given to serve other purposes. Infinity Dungeons seems to have been an experiment in creating content with a different kind of scaling difficulty and rewards, and thus the prerequisites and net difficulty were much higher.

Maybe the Gwenpool goes to the movies event is intended to be more marketing fluff and less challenge: we'll have to see when the rest of the weeks come out.

Didn't Kabam say the reason they created the prestige cutoff in ID was because they didn't want lower level players getting a big jump from 5* heroes in their roster? It seems like that idea kind of got thrown out the window for this quest. Maybe that's because they tried to do something different with ID like you said. I just think it would have been better to drop the prestige cutoff in the first place and never have said anything about trying to limit what champions lower level players can get. Especially when they are creating an event this month that allows lower level players to get 5*. Of course all of this assumes the difficulty won't increase, so if it does, than that very well may do the same thing as the prestige cutoff did.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I Just need Iron patriot (wow i haven't got him yet..), iwim, and wasp and I'm good to be screwed in chap 4 😂😂
    I Just need Iron patriot (wow i haven't got him yet..), iwim, and wasp and I'm good to be screwed in chap 4 😂😂

Lucky not having IP but shame for the sack of this event
  • There is only 4 weeks in the event though
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    KyleM wrote: »

Lucky not having IP but shame for the sack of this event

Actually I realized later that I had him as a 3* all along.. Got everyone I need now
  • #ThankyouWerewrym
  • Player909Player909 Posts: 50
    Im far from a Kabam fan but i am happy they decided to make this event pretty easy for everyone to obtain. Even Epic should be completed 100% by relatively new players.

The issue is needing certain champs. I have all of them except IMIW. Ive opened about 25 to 30 2* crystals from arena and no luck. Ive opened about 5 to 8 crystals we get from the event and nothing. So, if i don't land him, im SOL. Im in the Quick Match arena now and hoarding so hopefully ill land him.

I can just see Kabam making it so the drop rate is extremely low for some champs. Heres an easy event but you will need some champs that have a 0.045% chance of dropping! Does anyone know if the drop rates are equal for all champs?
    Player909 wrote: »
    Im far from a Kabam fan but i am happy they decided to make this event pretty easy for everyone to obtain. Even Epic should be completed 100% by relatively new players.

The issue is needing certain champs. I have all of them except IMIW. Ive opened about 25 to 30 2* crystals from arena and no luck. Ive opened about 5 to 8 crystals we get from the event and nothing. So, if i don't land him, im SOL. Im in the Quick Match arena now and hoarding so hopefully ill land him.

I can just see Kabam making it so the drop rate is extremely low for some champs. Heres an easy event but you will need some champs that have a 0.045% chance of dropping! Does anyone know if the drop rates are equal for all champs?

Drop rates are equal for all champs. This has been confirmed by Kabam. There are still people who think they are rigged, but Kabam has been very adamant that drop rates are the same for all champions. As far as IMIW goes, just keep playing quick match as much as you can and I'm sure you'll get him eventually. I have yet to get a Wasp, so hopefully I can snag her also. I am thoroughly excited to get that 5* crystal come next Wednesday. I am crossing my fingers for one of three champs, IMIW, Killmonger, or Stark Spidey. There are some other good ones, but I really want one of those three.
  • AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    This is really not that hard to understand. Just yesterday I read the announcement thread to see which champs I'm still missing (just Wasp) and I was genuinely surprised at some of the questions people were asking the mods. Gates are not a new concept. You need a specific champ to travel down a path. 5 quests will be released every week, each requiring one of the 5 champs on the list. You can still do quests later if you do not have some of the champs yet. Said champs are now readily available in Quickmatch til Sept 5th. How is this not clear????
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    AprilMoon7 wrote: »
    This is really not that hard to understand. Just yesterday I read the announcement thread to see which champs I'm still missing (just Wasp) and I was genuinely surprised at some of the questions people were asking the mods. Gates are not a new concept. You need a specific champ to travel down a path. 5 quests will be released every week, each requiring one of the 5 champs on the list. You can still do quests later if you do not have some of the champs yet. Said champs are now readily available in Quickmatch til Sept 5th. How is this not clear????

Welcome to the club of those that have been asking this for near three weeks straight 😂