New hela and heimdal bug? [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited August 2018
    Apparently my video got posted which I would like to clarify. Someone mentioned the glitch and I was like really so tested it. As you see in the video I didn’t even fight back and only showed she couldn’t die and I quit.

    Kabam can see I didn’t even attempt anything other than that. So nice to know my ban is being called for showing a glitch in action but by no means exploiting it.
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    Considering AW is up and running, I need to ask: what happens if someone we are playing against currently uses this to solo a line in AW? Is this considered an exploit? Is it even possible in AW? Did anyone even test this because I can assure you people are heading into AW right now with this synergy if it works.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,692 ★★★★★
    Considering AW is up and running, I need to ask: what happens if someone we are playing against currently uses this to solo a line in AW? Is this considered an exploit? Is it even possible in AW? Did anyone even test this because I can assure you people are heading into AW right now with this synergy if it works.

    Seems like this type of synergy would save pots in AW, so that may be your answer right there.

    Dr. Zola
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 4,484 ★★★★
    Is synergy working in AW attack mode?
  • Mattylo wrote: »
    Apparently my video got posted which I would like to clarify. Someone mentioned the glitch and I was like really so tested it. As you see in the video I didn’t even fight back and only showed she couldn’t die and I quit.

    Kabam can see I didn’t even attempt anything other than that. So nice to know my ban is being called for showing a glitch in action but by no means exploiting it.

    It was not directed at you, I was simply opening a dialouge with kabam on wether the synergy was intended or not. Aslong as no clear exploit has been done(like attempting 100% lol). I am sure you will be fine.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    IsThisLoss wrote: »
    please stop talking

    If something is wrong, it won't matter. They'll know whether people speak up or not. Either way, it will be dealt with. Lol.

    I disagree. The community tends to be their own worst enemy. I can assure you Kabam had no intention of releasing a synergy to make any champ unkillable. It wasn't tested, at all.
    Riegel_3 wrote: »
    Mattylo wrote: »
    Apparently my video got posted which I would like to clarify. Someone mentioned the glitch and I was like really so tested it. As you see in the video I didn’t even fight back and only showed she couldn’t die and I quit.

    Kabam can see I didn’t even attempt anything other than that. So nice to know my ban is being called for showing a glitch in action but by no means exploiting it.

    It was not directed at you, I was simply opening a dialouge with kabam on wether the synergy was intended or not. Aslong as no clear exploit has been done(like attempting 100% lol). I am sure you will be fine.

    Yeah, because Kabam released a synergy to make a champ that can't be killed. Makes sense. Good job pointing that out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,835 ★★★★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    IsThisLoss wrote: »
    please stop talking

    If something is wrong, it won't matter. They'll know whether people speak up or not. Either way, it will be dealt with. Lol.

    I disagree. The community tends to be their own worst enemy. I can assure you Kabam had no intention of releasing a synergy to make any champ unkillable. It wasn't tested, at all.
    Riegel_3 wrote: »
    Mattylo wrote: »
    Apparently my video got posted which I would like to clarify. Someone mentioned the glitch and I was like really so tested it. As you see in the video I didn’t even fight back and only showed she couldn’t die and I quit.

    Kabam can see I didn’t even attempt anything other than that. So nice to know my ban is being called for showing a glitch in action but by no means exploiting it.

    It was not directed at you, I was simply opening a dialouge with kabam on wether the synergy was intended or not. Aslong as no clear exploit has been done(like attempting 100% lol). I am sure you will be fine.

    Yeah, because Kabam released a synergy to make a champ that can't be killed. Makes sense. Good job pointing that out.

    One of the benefits in conversing with them is we get to bring things to their attention. If something is out of whack, it's best for us to bring it up. I agree that it wasn't intended. No doubts with that. I was making the point that staying silent won't prevent them from realizing there's a problem. They have data, and the ability to see. Lol. Eventually, they would become aware, and people could potentially jeopardize their Accounts by taking advantage of it. Bottom line is, it's best to mention it.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    IsThisLoss wrote: »
    IsThisLoss wrote: »
    please stop talking

    If something is wrong, it won't matter. They'll know whether people speak up or not. Either way, it will be dealt with. Lol.

    but why be the whistle blower, meh

    To save people from getting nipped or banned from exploiting it? Lol.

    From everyone and the deepest of my heart, thank you so sos ososo sosoo muuuch for telling kabam about this bug that helps players and save us all from a ban. thankyouu omg thankss

    you're such a nice guy helping us all sooo much thankssss. Please, tell them more bugs that help players as soon as you hear them, cause we don't want to accidentally get banned lolololol


    Seriously though, if people want to exploit this, they know damn well that they risk a ban. Who are you to make that decision for them?
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    DrZola wrote: »
    Considering AW is up and running, I need to ask: what happens if someone we are playing against currently uses this to solo a line in AW? Is this considered an exploit? Is it even possible in AW? Did anyone even test this because I can assure you people are heading into AW right now with this synergy if it works.

    Seems like this type of synergy would save pots in AW, so that may be your answer right there.

    Dr. Zola

    Oh for sure! I’m just confused now a days what is classified as an exploit when it seems almost weekly something like this comes up. Not sure if I missed the memo but does one risk a ban if they decide to use this synergy in AW?
  • Imo, there's too much gray area. There is precedent, but the archangel situation has clouded that as well.

    Kabam has shown that bugs found by the players which enable them to farm rewards are not intended and the player risks a ban by exploiting the found bug.

    A while back, there was a doc oc bug which enabled players to clear end game content very easily. This was eventually seen as an exploit and some players were banned. The current heimdall/hela synergy seems similar to this particular issue.

    This hd/hela situation is different from archangel because a mod flat out said hd/hela is bugged (instead of working as intended as with aa). I'd take that as law and expect repercussions for using the synergy to clear content after that statement was posted. Using it in war attack would be asking for bad things imo.

    All that said, the synergy looks fun and I know plenty of players who were using it for entertainment. They were having an unofficial contest to see who could stack the most furies with hela and what sort of damage she would do with them. I'd hope these people wouldn't face any consequences at all. They're doing no harm and just enjoying a temporary bug for laughs. No content cleared, just repeatedly going at rulk or ws to see what they could push her to.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    I wonder how long they will take to fix this
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,720 ★★★★★
    Obvious exploit is obvious. Had to be fixed and was fixed.
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 90
    Give good sir @Riegel_3 Legends title. :)
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 90
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Riegel_3 wrote: »
    It seems right now, that Hela can’t die when she has the heimdal synergy activated. This could be exploitable in areas like labyrinth, and potenially be able to explore without having to spend revives.

    She takes 0 damage when being hit(with synergy).

    Just wondering if that is intended, I assume it’s not. And would like clarity before potenially being banned, due to exploiting this.

    Hello,

    This is a bug and not an intended effect. We are working on a resolution and will have it fixed soon.

    Fix Domino first!
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,720 ★★★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.

    Domino has other bugs but this one is easy to explain. AA always have a chance to apply a poison on block. Doesn't matter that it is zero percent but the chance is still there.

    It is just two different coding methods colliding. Arguable whether it is a bug or not but it can be understood.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 848 ★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that shows us that the people at Kabam don't test anything. How was this not noticed before? This is on the level of Dr. Strange when paired with Mephisto and him getting that stupidly high regen that was found the same day.
    Test your game. Fix your game. Stop being lazy.

    Not its not on the level of DS because the synergy works with every champ. do you really expect them to test every synergy with every champ in the game?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 848 ★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.

    Archange gets crit failure because he has the ability to cause poison when blocking an attack. If this ability doesnt trigger he gets crit failure.
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 90
    Give good sir @Riegel_3 Legends title. :)
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Irohr wrote: »
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.

    Domino has other bugs but this one is easy to explain. AA always have a chance to apply a poison on block. Doesn't matter that it is zero percent but the chance is still there.

    It is just two different coding methods colliding. Arguable whether it is a bug or not but it can be understood.

    Please elaborate good sir.
    Like if Kabam says that there is zero percent chance that domino will be fixed, should I still be hopeful that there is a chance? What is zero percent?
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 125
    doom722 wrote: »
    Give good sir @Riegel_3 Legends title. :)
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Irohr wrote: »
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.

    Domino has other bugs but this one is easy to explain. AA always have a chance to apply a poison on block. Doesn't matter that it is zero percent but the chance is still there.

    It is just two different coding methods colliding. Arguable whether it is a bug or not but it can be understood.

    Please elaborate good sir.
    Like if Kabam says that there is zero percent chance that domino will be fixed, should I still be hopeful that there is a chance? What is zero percent?

    Yes, you should be hopeful. The chance to fix Domino right now is zero. However, just like AA bleed stacks, something else within the contest could increase the percentage that Kabam will fix her later.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that shows us that the people at Kabam don't test anything. How was this not noticed before? This is on the level of Dr. Strange when paired with Mephisto and him getting that stupidly high regen that was found the same day.
    Test your game. Fix your game. Stop being lazy.

    Not its not on the level of DS because the synergy works with every champ. do you really expect them to test every synergy with every champ in the game?

    Testing every possible interaction isn't reasonable on the testing level. But when a new champ is released, it is perfectly reasonable (should be required) to test every synergy that the new champ has to ensure it's working properly. This means testing both champs. A bug like this would have EASILY been caught if even 1 test was run.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    Irohr wrote: »
    Look at that. You can fix this quickly but you still can't give me an answer on why Domino causes critical failure AA for blocking when no bleed stacks are on Domino to begin with. But yeah sure. Fix something that will take money out of your pocket but don't fix anything else. Good job. Grade A company right here.

    Archange gets crit failure because he has the ability to cause poison when blocking an attack. If this ability doesnt trigger he gets crit failure.

    He only has a chance if a bleed is on opponent. If no bleeds are on opponent it's a 0% chance to cause a poison hence can't possibly trigger critical failure if it's a 0% chance. In what world is 0% chance still a chance to succeed?
This discussion has been closed.