• No way
  • Ace_03 wrote: »
    Mods be like:

hakbxz32sgx3.jpg

er4qxyxznw2y.gif
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 707 ★★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    We have to remember that forum posters are only a very tiny percentage of the playerbase,

most players do not want to, and do not actively participate in public conversation about the game. At best, we might represent the vocal visible community, but we don't represent the playerbase itself. Most of the time, the playerbase as a whole doesn't share our feelings about things, particularly our frustrations about certain things. We have to accept the fact that their feelings, whatever they may be, are just as valid as ours are.

"We" is tenuous, consensus is rarely anything but an illusion. For example, I'm disappointed with the way they handled the compensation announcement, and I'm tentatively disappointed with the compensation itself but I have to reserve final judgment for when I actually know what's in it, which is part of my disappointment. But I'm not as upset as some others are about summoner appreciation week itself. Had SA not been connected to direct compensation at all, if it was just an SA week of stuff to show appreciation for experiencing the problems the game has been experiencing but not explicitly to directly compensate for any particular issue, I'd have been perfectly fine with it.

If someone out there is fine with spending on the game, it really isn't our place to say that decision is wrong.

Although I can agree with parts of this it does raise valid concerns..
    It's none of my business what someone spends their money on..
    The question is would they still spend if they knew SA tied into Compensation for all the serious issues 19 update created..
    I played along time before ever setting foot on the forum, I never watched youtube videos about it, As far as I was concerned I was playing a mobile gaming app and that was that..
    As you stated "most players do not want to, and do not actively participate in public conversation about the game" So all them players (F2P and/or spenders) that don't keep up with the game outside the game only have this to go on..
    odl34ts90fbk.png
    I'm counting the use of the word "Gift" 11 times..
    Not a single mention of Compensation or the 19 update contained within the message at all..
    As far as SA goes I really don't care (it would have been nice to have something for players farther along in the game but it is what it is)
    The idea of the 7 hour crystal is ridiculous with the game being as unstable as it is (Thoughs that can't login due to server issues will be asking for compensation yet again so it causes more problems)
    The Compensation/Gift is completely inadequate for all the problems caused by 19..
    A generic slice of pie was never going to cut it for all players level 6-60..
    When informing players in Global their Gift is also their Compensation, I've been called (stupid, an idiot and a troll) I've been asked if I bought my ac as no one my level should be making such pathetic and annoying statements and I've been told to learn the difference between SA and Compensation..
    It's only when other players have stated "he's right, kabam are saying it's compensation" has the anger and aggression turned to the fact this has been handled so damn poorly and the Compensation/Gift is in no way enough for the problems caused..

Gift
    Compensation
    Appreciation

*Pick one

Mfalls wrote: »
    So the basis of what I gather is that there has been a significant decrease in how much the Summoners are appreciated this year over last. Compensation is down, the event is 1/4 as long, and all of this is on the heels of major issues that potentially damaged summoners devices. Typically loyalty is rewarded by increased benefit. Also you don’t rectify issues by telling those afflicted by telling them it’s not that bad.

Inflation increases but our earning capacity is the same. When we can't earn, we are not rectified appropriately.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,863 ★★★★★
    I remember we used to get 2.5 k 5 star shards for a few hour outage but now when we have uncollected better rewards and we get a month of overheating and outages and we’re getting 1k 5star shards wow kabam
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 283 ★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    I remember we used to get 2.5 k 5 star shards for a few hour outage but now when we have uncollected better rewards and we get a month of overheating and outages and we’re getting 1k 5star shards wow
    That's true.
    I remember we used to get 2.5 k 5 star shards for a few hour outage but now when we have uncollected better rewards and we get a month of overheating and outages and we’re getting 1k 5star shards wow
    That's true.

It's honestly smart, they waited for the very last day to release the AQ S5 information, so everyone would forget about this nonsensical compensation. One AQ and AW start getting lag and dropped controls, you'll see they will have wished they stood their ground.
    Guys let’s keep the post going
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 237
    I wonder what the game team said about this post? Itd be cool to get a complete breakdown of what exactly is in these "gifts"
  • Prestige should determine how many of the 5 packages you can select. There is no reason a gup who's played for a month should get the same rewards as someone who's played for three years.

Yup... It is amazing how this can get overlooked in their process of making the comppreciation package.
    Guys let’s keep the post going

What do you think we've been doing? :tongue: I am really starting to lose hope that anything will happen on Kabam's end... I mean, they basically have a few hours left in the work day today, and a few hours tomorrow before comppreciation goes live. I'm not sure how realistic it is to believe that they will actually act on our concerns.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    In the meantime guys, if this comppreciation goes live as planned tomorrow I hope you all will be taking the stand and not selecting any of their offers. #IgnoreComppreciation

If there’s an option i won’t accept it
    edited August 2018
    They definitely don't want any of this talk outshining their new shiny object they just dropped, there's comments being deleted off that discussion. Call it what you want, but your players will not forget if you just roll this out tomorrow without even commenting on something viewed this much and nearing 1k comments. And you can be sure it will come back and haunt you if you do nothing and the packages are bad, there's more outages during the "appreciation" week, and if the following shiny new content in aq doesn't roll out right. All of this will compound and build on each other like it has all year and led to this. Deleting comments doesn't make your problem go away.

Bro, I had to kill myself for this heimdall, everytime I could play, there was lag, errors and my device even heated, and I play on Iphone X, so it's not outdated.

4 emergency maintenances between Monday and Wednesday, the gullibility of the community astonishes me sometimes. Is this new AQ going to be rolled out without issues?

I bet you it will be a nightmare. Yet, people clap and cheer because it's something new. The changes are awesome, don't get me wrong, but I have 0 confidence they will be implemented and ran smoothly.

This thread is being kept alive by the red pilled summoners who live outside the machine of MCOC, it's a thankless role, but the position of the company is clear.

Dump new content and keep on patching up the streets, while they leave holes and crates behind and never come back to fix them. This compensation is 75% less than last year, and what? We're supposed to just smile and clap for your benevolence?

Ludicrous.

Prestige scaled compensation comparable to 12.0, for almost frying our phones and making us lose almost a month of grinding because of this foolishness.
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    They definitely don't want any of this talk outshining their new shiny object they just dropped, there's comments being deleted off that discussion. Call it what you want, but your players will not forget if you just roll this out tomorrow without even commenting on something viewed this much and nearing 1k comments. And you can be sure it will come back and haunt you if you do nothing and the packages are bad, there's more outages during the "appreciation" week, and if the following shiny new content in aq doesn't roll out right. All of this will compound and build on each other like it has all year and led to this. Deleting comments doesn't make your problem go away.

Bro, I had to kill myself for this heimdall, everytime I could play, there was lag, errors and my device even heated, and I play on Iphone X, so it's not outdated.

4 emergency maintenances between Monday and Wednesday, the gullibility of the community astonishes me sometimes. Is this new AQ going to be rolled out without issues?

I bet you it will be a nightmare. Yet, people clap and cheer because it's something new. The changes are awesome, don't get me wrong, but I have 0 confidence they will be implemented and ran smoothly.

This thread is being kept alive by the red pilled summoners who live outside the machine of MCOC, it's a thankless role, but the position of the company is clear.

Dump new content and keep on patching up the streets, while they leave holes and crates behind and never come back to fix them. This compensation is 75% less than last year, and what? We're supposed to just smile and clap for your benevolence?

Ludicrous.

Prestige scaled compensation comparable to 12.0, for almost frying our phones and making us lose almost a month of grinding because of this foolishness.

I hope our demands are met
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    I wonder what the game team said about this post? Itd be cool to get a complete breakdown of what exactly is in these "gifts"

Oh they have no breakdown for this, because the developers notes and thoughts would be just this:

"If you don't like it, learn to love it, because it's best you will ever get and the ONLY thing you will get, keep crying noobs LOL"
  • SuedeSuede Posts: 18
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we appreciate all of the constructive feedback about the Summoner Appreciation event and that we have shared your thoughts with the rest of the team.

Thanks @Kabam Lyra appreciate you coming in and letting us know its being looked at atleast.
    Great if you can keep it up and not just leave it at that.
    What was ”the rest of the teams” feedback to the community complaints?

Alot of people has also been asking for how you all figured the compensation. How was it calculated?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 567 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you sort out 30 minute AQ timers for appreciation week? everything else dont bother me I stopped caring
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    This thread must stay on page 1. We can't let it die
    Agreed we can’t let kabam get away
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 791 ★★★
    Oh I’m sure it will be on page 1 when everything rolls out as planned.
  • DarthPhal wrote: »
    Oh I’m sure it will be on page 1 when everything rolls out as planned.

Oh for sure... there will be outrage if this goes live
This discussion has been closed.