**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Future of MCOC

2»

Comments

• INTEGRAL wrote: »
    No man your alliance members made fun of us just after boss kill and called us birds, sent smileys. Your members clearly knew that that member was a cheater and if we look into your alliance he was much weaker than anyone else with his roster and somehow that guy cheated to bring the victory. Of course you will say you did not know. We had insults from your members after the boss kill that shows you are in a cheating business in this game. And the one who made contact was not you. I did it

You reached out to me, yes, but I had already started trying to find Line contact info for you squad and was trying to get in touch with your team that way since in game chat frankly isn't somewhere I like trying to talk to someone. I asked you for the same info, which you refused, but luckily others weren't as stubborn.

Having over 4700 prestige with only 4* isn't exactly a weak roster, and doesn't automatically make someone a cheater. One of our best players took a break a few weeks back, and he was under that prestige but could run circles around most of our whole group. What you can see on a roster doesn't mean much compared to the skill of using the champions, so you shouldn't base much on the small percentage of champs you can see on a user's profile page. I saw another post on the forum where you complained about this same matchup stated this same low member killed bosses all the time for us. I'd like to know where you could have gotten that information from? Mainly because this is the only boss kill I can remember for that member, which was exactly why we were as surprised to see it as you were and wanted to address it.

Regardless of what you want to think on other members of my group being involved, instead of them being sarcastic and trying to get you going like most people probably have experienced in AW group chat, we'll have to agree to disagree. If it makes you feel better to keep trying to bash an entire alliance over the actions of one, go ahead. However, the main thing in question regarding the boss kill is something we both agree on, which is exactly why we took action.
  • NabbydianNabbydian Posts: 29
    Ok, so I'm the leader of the alliance (WTF) getting accused of cheating by Integral and want to clear up a few things

I tried to talk to Integral but apparently one member's actions means an entire alliance is a bunch of lying cheaters and he won't carry on a regular conversation with them. So yes, he lost one war and is lashing out slightly like a lunatic. I was told we had to have cheated to have over a 2K war rating, and that because one of our members killed an unstunnable Juggernaut in one fight it meant he was a cheater too. Because he accused us of cheating right away in AW group chat and some replied with smart remarks, that immediately makes the entire group guilty too because no one has ever been sarcastic in AW group chat before...right? Baseless accusations out of frustration.

However, I don't disagree that the kill of their Magik boss while being doubly noded seemed very suspicious, which is exactly why I tried to get in contact with their alliance shortly after the war to discuss it and let them know that we were looking in to it ourselves. I did eventually talk to the leader of Integral's alliance and had a great conversation because we (WTF) too also found the kill of Magik very surprising. The member in question from our alliance has since been removed because we don't know how it was done either.

We've gone up against alliances that we were pretty sure were cheating too before, and it sucks. We don't have time for it either. Like CoatHang3r said "yeah, f cheaters"

At least you did the right thing and removed the cheating member.

But the fact is a cheating boss killer helped the whole alliance to win war unfairly at Integral's expense.

Basically your whole alliance win shards because of the cheater actions. while only he himself will take the penalty.

I'm sorry intergral you have no choice but to take the lost and move on. we have experienced the same thing before and it took 2-3 weeks for kabam to finally reset the cheater alliance war rating and banned the cheating accounts(they had multiple cheating accounts) however those members who willingly stayed on continue to profit off these cheaters helping them win shards. Back then those "honest &* fair" leeching members don't even bother to join the attack phase when 4-5 cheaters can take down tier 2 AW boss all by themselves.

In an ideal world, (WTF) should have their rewards wiped out and Integral should have the war rewards, however in an Kabam world, (WTF) will keep their ill-gotten rewards, cheater will be banned, and integral will take the loss and move on
  • manbearpig9manbearpig9 Posts: 5
    edited July 2017
    How can you say you dont understand where he is coming from? Nothing said in plan text could prove you are all cheaters other then blatantly saying "we are all cheaters", but when confronted with the issue and the responses are ":)" and "go play 5.2" it is safe to assume there is some guilt by association.

Also, I think that jumping down an entire alliances throat in war chat isnt necessarily the most productive way to handle something like this, but unfortunately kabam has historically shown that they arent very good at handling these cheating accounts. I think its very commendable that you guys handled this on your own.

I can't deny that the responses in AW chat were in poor taste. It definitely doesn't help the case I'm trying to make. But I would also argue that accusing another group of cheating in AW chat is typically met by responses like that. It doesn't mean that those replying even know the specific circumstances the accusations are being based off of.
  • NabbydianNabbydian Posts: 29
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    No man your alliance members made fun of us just after boss kill and called us birds, sent smileys. Your members clearly knew that that member was a cheater and if we look into your alliance he was much weaker than anyone else with his roster and somehow that guy cheated to bring the victory. Of course you will say you did not know. We had insults from your members after the boss kill that shows you are in a cheating business in this game. And the one who made contact was not you. I did it

Not surprising.

These members know they can do whatever they want since only the cheater will get punished.

Matter of fact is they got the last laugh. They got the rewards while you lost items, war, war rating and insults.

Been through it before. Nothing more you can do but report the cheater and move on.
  • C1INTB3ASTW00DC1INTB3ASTW00D Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    How can you say you dont understand where he is coming from? Nothing said in plan text could prove you are all cheaters other then blatantly saying "we are all cheaters", but when confronted with the issue and the responses are ":)" and "go play 5.2" it is safe to assume there is some guilt by association.

Also, I think that jumping down an entire alliances throat in war chat isnt necessarily the most productive way to handle something like this, but unfortunately kabam has historically shown that they arent very good at handling these cheating accounts. I think its very commendable that you guys handled this on your own.

I can't deny that the responses in AW chat were in poor taste. It definitely doesn't help the case I'm trying to make. But I would also argue that accusing another group of cheating in AW chat is typically met by responses like that. It doesn't mean that those replying even know the specific circumstances the accusations are being based off of.

100% agree, and why I edited in that last sentiment - Flipping the proverbial lid in AW chat typically does nothing short of encouraging a war between the 2 alliances most feared keyboard warriors.

Unfortunately, the inadvertent side effect of this is that WTF will now be on the radar (and not in a good way). As a member of an alliance only a couple hundred points higher then you, I can say its not out of the realm of possibility that we could meet in the future. It stinks that one person can cause such results, but unfortunately its just the way things are - human negativity bias :-/
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I'd react similarly to threats and accusations like that in war chat. It happens way too often, people can't do something so say the other team is cheating. Responses like that show nothing and prove nothing.

I'm not saying the player in question cheated or didn't, but war chat like that is fairly common. Your argument can't be based on that. The other ally booted the offending player, that's more justification than 99% of "cheated" players get. move on with your life and play your own game.
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    That happened to our alliance a while back. We were talking ****, and this guy went straight up the middle and took our boss double linked. I didn't know it was a thing until now. Thanks for the info
  • BurntbaconBurntbacon Posts: 73
    Burntbacon wrote: »

I am also a member of WTF and I can say unequivocally, without a shadow of a doubt, that we are not cheaters. Like Manbearbig said, after our own investigation the member in question was removed. However, I have a question for you: How do insults from our members prove that we are cheaters?

I agree that the comments weren't the smartest move and in poor taste. However, when someone throws out accusations of cheating in AW chat, they are typically met with comments of this nature.

In addition, if these players did have some "guilt by association", why would anyone want to incriminate themselves by making snarky comments that could easily be screenshot for evidence?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    That happened to our alliance a while back. We were talking ****, and this guy went straight up the middle and took our boss double linked. I didn't know it was a thing until now. Thanks for the info

Was it against the same WTF alliance? Because the leader says they are a clean alliance
    Continually posting to slander an entire alliance isn't helping your argument. At this point you are trying to make one persons actions the rule for others, this is bias and prejeduice it is not reasonable in the slightest, might as well be tossing out slurs as that is in essence what you are doing.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    More importantly, why is this thread not shut down yet? Pretty sure calling out a player or alliance is against forum rules....
This discussion has been closed.