**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• Player909Player909 Posts: 50
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Summoner Appreciation is not something done annually. It's come up every year, at different times. It's not something that can be expected. Nor is there any kind of mandatory norm for what is entailed.

You do realize that if the same thing or event happens every year then its classed as an annual event right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Summoner Appreciation is not something done annually. It's come up every year, at different times. It's not something that can be expected. Nor is there any kind of mandatory norm for what is entailed.

You do realize that if the same thing or event happens every year then its classed as an annual event right.
    The fact that they've had it at different times for different situations means it's not a regular, annual occurrence. It's not consistent. It's happened at different times, and for different reasons. For example, after 12.0. The general premise is to provide extras as a thank you for playing. It's not a regular, mandatory occurrence, and in every case, the perks have varied. It's not as if it's an obligatory installment. The Rewards are also stretched over the course of time, and no doubt are balanced with everything else going on.
    During all instances of it, people have complained it's not enough. It's not owed. It's a gift.
    That's a whole lot of misconstrued.
    The Mod in this Thread clarified that the Gift that came with Summoner Appreciation was the Compensation.
    Easter is a centuries-old Holiday that was based on the Resurrection of Jesus. Coincidentally, it's also around the same time as several other Religious Monumentals.
    Summoner Appreciation is a gift given to Players as a thank you. It can come for no reason at all, or as the result of some kind of issue that has affected people. It is NOT a Statutory Holiday. The fact that people expect it on demand and throw it back in their faces just shows the level of expectations that this community has developed.
    Just because I'm not engaging with certain behaviors doesn't mean I'm not commenting.
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Love the server issues already.

I feel showered with appreciation.

Please sir, can I have more?
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    SKOutsider wrote: »
    Love the server issues already.

I feel showered with appreciation.

Please sir, can I have more?

Only if its golden...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    That's a whole lot of misconstrued.
    The Mod in this Thread clarified that the Gift that came with Summoner Appreciation was the Compensation.
    Easter is a centuries-old Holiday that was based on the Resurrection of Jesus. Coincidentally, it's also around the same time as several other Religious Monumentals.
    Summoner Appreciation is a gift given to Players as a thank you. It can come for no reason at all, or as the result of some kind of issue that has affected people. It is NOT a Statutory Holiday. The fact that people expect it on demand and throw it back in their faces just shows the level of expectations that this community has developed.

@GroundedWisdom You’ve essentially made the same comment over and over. It’s safe to say, based on the number of comments in this thread that disagree with you (about this and other things), that you are in the minority on this thread. You’ve made your point—repeatedly—no one needs an explanation of Easter or any other holidays to understand it. It’s simple spam at this stage and clutters the forums. Time for the mods to do their jobs and call it out as such.

Dr. Zola
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    This is very dissappointing, i dont feel appreciated. This was just a slap in face. I just wanted to leave my opinion on this. Ive have been playing less an refuse to spend any money anymore, the in game offers anymore are just ridiculous anyway. I am a long time player an have been on the verge of quitting!
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Damn 45 pages of complaints
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    The people that post videos/news and updates aren't doing a good job of focusing on how bad the appreciation event is. Prof is one of the ones I would have thought would be on our side, but he isnt doing much because he seems alright with the event after we got the GP thing.

Kabam either got really lucky with how people reacted to this appreciation or they had this planned all along. Many people loved the GP event so much (and justifiably so it was a great event) but this love for the GP event has kind of worked to ease people's frustration over compensation. However, we were told that the GP had nothing to do with compensation. So people like Prof should be just as disgruntled as we are and should be more on our side then he is currently.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think kabam needs to do a Q and A session like every Friday or something it would really help connect with the community @Kabam Miike
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    I think kabam needs to do a Q and A session like every Friday or something it would really help connect with the community @Kabam Miike

I would love if they would do surveys of what the people want or think of a idea
  • Player909Player909 Posts: 50
    Kobster84 wrote: »

Dude, hes allergic to this thread. Not the others tho. Just this one.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Does anyone know if the original thread for iPhone overheating is still up? I’ve sear for it numerous times but I only get results referencing it. My iPhone is back to getting toasty again. I’d rather not just start a new thread for it to be ignored and brushed aside, the same way my support ticket was.
This discussion has been closed.