**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ, prestige & score [Known Issue - Fix Underway]

MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
edited August 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey guys,

So I was wondering, did they change anything in the AQ scoring system?

We run 1 bg, map 3 and nobody starts bg2. We do 100% every day. Up to 1.5 weeks ago, our score would increase every day, ranging from 1.5m on day 1 to 1.8m on day 5.

But then, since the previous AQ cycle, our score is decreasing every day, from 15.5m on day 1 to 15.1m on day 3, so dropping below 15m on day 5. This means we won't get 8m with 1x3x5 like we have been doing ever since peak milestones were introduced.

Does anyone know how this is possible? I mean, now we run 2bg map 3 on day 4 or 5 with 3-4 top players in bg2 just to make 8m, which is annoying because we don't always have time for a whole bg with 3 players (jobs, kids, life, you know).

Any help would be appreciated!
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    They haven't changed anything yet. Your prestige must be going down somehow. Either not completing a BG or players leaving who had higher prestige.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    They haven't changed anything yet. Your prestige must be going down somehow. Either not completing a BG or players leaving who had higher prestige.

Nope, none of that. We actually grew in prestige, adding a player who bumped it as well as several players adding a r4 5* to their top 5. Even our lower players managed to rank up at least 1 5* to 5-50 in the past month.
    Marri wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Nope, none of that. We actually grew in prestige, adding a player who bumped it as well as several players adding a r4 5* to their top 5. Even our lower players managed to rank up at least 1 5* to 5-50 in the past month.

your base prestige (the prestige you start AQ with based on your ally members' top 5 champs rating) may have increased but prestige changes day to day in AQ based on if you kill the boss in the maps you open.

If you kill the boss it's + prestige, not killing the boss is - prestige.

So if you open 3 groups and don't kill the boss in 2 groups, then you will lose prestige that day and your next day you will get fewer points.
    That's what I thought, which is why our policy is to not open bg2 (if we do the 3-player thing, we still kill the boss).

But look, it says 33%, which is exactly the one bg we 100%:

fwq65n4smihd.png

pfsu8a4j08fr.png
    e1fyxazqstjl.png
    pw5jbgb7tcbp.png
    That is super weird and probably a bug then. Never seen that before.
    @Kabam Miike?? Some light, shed, possibly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Hey folks, thank you for your posts. We are looking into this - I don't have much I can share right now, but the team is investigating! We'll let you know if we need any other details from y'all.
  • Son_of_Rage1Son_of_Rage1 Posts: 41
    I started another post earlier today for the exact same issue. Please merge my post with this one. We sent in multiple support tickets describing in detail and with photos of each battle. Even though we won each day our prestige and score decreased. We dropped from scoring 20+ million a week to barely 13.
  • Troyster316Troyster316 Posts: 51
    I’ve been posting the same thing for two weeks all I’ve gotten was answers from people who had no idea what they were talking about repeating the same wrong answer.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    This *feels* like something from season five slipped into production incorrectly.
  • Wouldn’t be season 5 - it’s acting as if running 3 bgs and giving you two fails. Season 5 shouldn’t require 3 bgs to run for prestige
  • akafreakakafreak Posts: 39
    edited August 2018
    Yeah Kabam, wanted to post the same story here, because the support team is freakin` awful, and they weren't able to provide an accurate response in 3 emails, with screenshots, stats, and etc... this issue happens for more than 2 weeks, but i only managed to observe it then, and this weekend i made screenshots with the stats before starting an AQ and after the AQ ended so i can report this.

Seems the problem is only with the alliances that open only a single BG, atleast that's what someone from support told me.

So our alliance was gaining 11k-12k point per fight in AQ 3 weeks ago... and now even if we won all the AQ's played since then, we reached a freakin 7700 points per fight .... we also lost 3 rank rewards because of this issue, and kabam does nothing.

This is freakin serios, because many alliances don't have 30 players joined and who are active most of the time, most of the alliances are low numbered, and with this issue you keep them down without having the possibility to upgrade the current heroes and so on.... I mean, c'mon how can 2 different persons from the support team reply to me that it's only a visual bug and it's ok to happen this... please do a future training with the support teams, because they don't even know the functionality in the game anymore....

I will post the screens from the exchange e-mails with the support team and the screens that prove the prestige is going down like hell... and is AFFECTING US !!

And please do offer a raise in pay to Ed from support team, he was the only one who could see the real problem, the others .... just lame.

Also I do know that this issue was posted 2 or 3 weeks ago by someone else, but seems i can't find that post anymore on the forums... so I'm afraid that this issue occurs for more than 2-3 weeks, and that means a lot of loss for all alliances that played only one BG. I do wonder how we will be compensated over this **** issue? We've lost glory points, t4c, different crystals, alpha cats, rewards and the list can go on...

Hope the compensations won't be as lame as the last ones, that took you over 1 month to send them and compose them, and also include them in something you did every year until now? that's not OK Kabam... hope you gonna see this soon and start to do the best to fix the latest problems.

Screens with the issues occured in AQ:

13d0m82yczpl.jpeg

11e36twlvvi1.jpeg

50awgk5wcma9.jpeg

3fhgj8rpuphu.jpeg

psixqy1yzl8p.jpeg

ivxzrgmaogeq.jpeg

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
    I assume you have recieved no new information as the same thing just keeps occurring!
    Yup, still no answer, and we dropped bellow 2700 prestige now with the new AQ... it's damn annoying, but hey this is Kabam and the problem is here for more than 2 weeks and they don't care, there was another post about this issue 2 weeks ago and seems it got deleted somehow... i believe aliens are involved :)))
    Wouldn’t be season 5 - it’s acting as if running 3 bgs and giving you two fails. Season 5 shouldn’t require 3 bgs to run for prestige

It is acting like you enabled three BGs, and in the current game all alliances pay for and enable all three, it is just that they are locked until the requirements are met to open each BG for players to enter. The game is not supposed to count a BG that is enabled but no one enters, but in season five that specific rule doesn't exist anymore.
    Thanks @Kabam Lyra for editing my previous post... but it would have been nice for us to answer to this issue too and tell something to us... or you intend to place this issue under the rug just like the one with AW manipulations?

Our alliance dropped from 30 members to 19 from which only 9 are still playing, in this way, you will have no more players left to play the game... is this the intention? The contest started to not be fair anymore for about 2 months ago and I don't see any real involvement on your side Kabam....
    Guys, my post was meant to look for a solution, I don't want to see it hijacked by "Kabam don't care" comments.

It seems, from what I can tell, that indeed prestige is dropping as if you are opening 3 bg and losing whichever number of bg you don't even open. That should be fixable, right?
    Guys, my post was meant to look for a solution, I don't want to see it hijacked by "Kabam don't care" comments.

It seems, from what I can tell, that indeed prestige is dropping as if you are opening 3 bg and losing whichever number of bg you don't even open. That should be fixable, right?

seems not, since this issue dates for over 2-3 weeks now... and they did nothing regarding this issue, no comment regarding this issue and so on....

And if you want a solution then, you should open 2 bg in AQ (if you have enough members willing to participate and win both bg with 100%) and the issue will not occur anymore, as long as you keep opening 2 bg. But if only open 1 bg, the points will continue to drop.

and no one is hijacking your post, I do have the same problem and we've lost already 3 ranked rewards because of this issue and now we are going to loose the 4th ranked rewards because of this.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey folks, thank you for your posts. We are looking into this - I don't have much I can share right now, but the team is investigating! We'll let you know if we need any other details from y'all.

@akafreak didn't take much to just check a little further up the thread...
    @Snizzbar, yeah i saw that comment, but that one is equal with 0. I worked in a big gaming company for mobile industry and I do know how these kind of issues should be fixed. When we had this kind of issues it never took us more than 24h to fix them.

This issue is happening for more than 2 weeks now... and they didn't address it as they did with other problems in the past, the most recent example would be the heating problems (where they were the ones to create a post regarding the issue and updating the status)

It's frustrating when the support team is sadly equal with 0 and they say it's only visual, and you send them screens with the prestige points dropping and then they say, don't expect to get a 1:1 ratio with your prestige....

I’m about to lose 2 more people in my layer back 9 person alliance because of this issue! I have been posting about this for two weeks but my threads keep getting deleted. I agree this shouldn’t be about Kabam bashing this needs to be about a quick solution to something that is glaringly obvious. My screen shots showed exactly the same thing, I don’t know how it can be interpreted any differently. When we open one battlegroup it’s as if we opened three pure and simple. The odd part is we gain prestige on the final day which we proceed to leak away all week long. Why would we gain prestige at all if we only 33% all week long?
    Hi all, thank you for your patience! After some extensive investigations and thanks to your screenshots and reports, we've been able to identify the source of the issue. There is a stickied announcement post now up here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92526/alliance-quest-scoring-please-read#latest

But the gist of it is that those that guessed 20.0 scoring was for some reason being applied to current AQ were correct. We are running the next AQ without map costs as well, and our team is going to be doing calculations to ensure that everyone will receive the correct rewards despite this scoring shift. Those calculations will take some time, along with the in-game grant of the items we determine people are owed, so we do ask for patience there - but it WILL be done.

Thank you again for flagging this!

~ A
    edited August 2018
    Thank you, @Ad0ra_ for this response. Looking forward to compensation, especially since we couldn't compensate with a second BG on day 5 this week.
    Thank you, @Ad0ra_ for this response. Looking forward to compensation, especially since we couldn't compensate with a second BG on day 5 this week.

Thank YOU for your patience! This was a complex one for us to dig into - not the thing that is happening, but the cause. And those reward calculations will take some time, we very much want to get it right so thanks in advance for your patience on that front again ;)
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Adorable, this is great transparency. You could have posted that there was an issue and that is was being fixed with no further issue. Thank you for the detailed explaination. Hope more of these are coming for other bugs.
  • SchmitrnSchmitrn Posts: 111
    edited August 2018
    Hi,
    Quick question. Normally when moving alliances before rewards for that aq round hit your inbox you don’t receive them. With this current issue do we still get them or not if we are due to move alliances? @Ad0ra_
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    But the gist of it is that those that guessed 20.0 scoring was for some reason being applied to current AQ were correct.

Where should I send the bill?
    thanks @Ad0ra_ for the detailed response, I'm happy to hear that this will get a fix as soon as possible. It would be nice in the future to have this kind of responses on the issues we identify and report.
  • MartinoosoMartinooso Posts: 51
    Same here - running 2 BG-s with constant 100% exploration and keep losing prestige from the third empty BG.
    Also this happened yesterday u4tvqepkd6hs.png
    0 points for 21 hits....
    Which makes our total score lower than it should be.
    Hi folks, thank you for your patience as we dug through all of this. We’ve looked into this extensively, and wanted to share with you all what we found and what our process was.

Our process:

- As mentioned previously, this scoring issue did not have any negative impact on any alliance that ran 3 Battle Groups within AQ, with at least one person in each Battle Group.
    - We compiled the list of every single alliance that WOULD have been impacted by this
    - We then re-calculated the AQ’s these alliances ran that were impacted by this, using the ‘old’ scoring that should have been applied to these AQ’s in the first place (as opposed to the 20.0 scoring that was incorrectly applied)
    - We next ran a comparison of every alliance’s score, comparing what they should have earned vs what the incorrect scoring granted them
    - We looked at each of the scoring tiers for both rank rewards and brackets. In many cases, we found that the points difference did not result in a change of rewards. An example of this: Alliance A received 2004426 points when the incorrect scoring was applied. After re-running the correct scoring for AQ, we determined they should have been at 2633961 (30% more points). While this did result in a point difference, the Peak Milestone that they achieved was between 2 million and 3 million points. Similarly, their Rank Rewards bracket would not change as their incorrect rank was 15704, and their correct rank is 14827 and the rank bucket is 12700-16000. Therefore even with the corrected points calculation they would not have received anything different in terms of rewards.

Scale of impact:

- About 60% of alliances in the game were possibly impacted by this issue (based on the battlegroup criteria previously mentioned)
    - Of those impacted, 20% of affected alliances require reward adjustments based on the correct scoring moving them into different rank & milestone rewards.
    - The Alliance Quests ending August 16th and August 24th were both impacted by this. We were unable to resolve the issue for the last AQ running before 20.0’s release, so we will also need to run this calculation for the AQ that ended yesterday.

Timeline:

We’re going to grant the reward corrections for all three AQ’s at the same time, which means that impacted players will see their reward adjustments sometime next week. We still need some time to finalize the calculations for the AQ that ended August 30th, which will take a few days. We don’t have an exact timeline yet on when this will be finished, but once we know more and know exactly when Summoners can expect their awards adjustment message, we will let everyone know!

Further note:

Impacted Alliances (and individual Alliance members) will receive their reward correction based on the Alliance they were in when they received initial rewards for each affected week. As an example - the Alliance that you were part of and received rewards for during the August 16th AQ is what you will receive awards for as a ‘correction’ for that period of time, even if you were in a different Alliance for the August 24th AQ, or are in a different Alliance now. This means that some Summoners will receive rewards that are different than those currently in the same Alliance as them, if they had moved around.