**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Emma Frost: who decided the inverted controls activation?

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
First time ever that i see inveted controls applied BEFORE the animation even starts on special.

WHich is absolutely bonkers and idiotic. You can't release a character where you have to pray and guess she about to use a special attack while you're dashing forward to actually evade it back. It's idiotic on so many levels it isn't even funny.

Inverted controls should trigger AFTER the special, not 0.1 seconds BEFORE she actually cast it. On top, a SW alike one being invisible.

Get your guys to work on this cause i never really felt so much scammed in my player life. You can't play a game of 50-50 without giving an option to predict a special coming. Absolutely f*** up and i never EVER go this out of the polite way.

Either activate inversion of controls after the 1st hit of her special letting us deal with inverted evading for the rest of the hits incoming or activate the debuff AFTER the whole cast.

As it is, this is one of the worst spits in the face and lack of intelligence into char development ever. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Comments

• Options
    BbgBbg Posts: 17
    More like where is she even getting inverted controls. The words are no where in the node or ability description.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    can someone explain to me how it is to evade before i jump into the fight?

you need to dash forward 2 times when she fires sp1 right?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Bbg wrote: »
    More like where is she even getting inverted controls. The words are no where in the node or ability description.

In her special abilities
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    And the solutions are already coming as well.
    Granted, a large portion of the playerbase plays this game because it has fighting in it.

Then there are those that actually did more than go the cinema and have read the comics. Those that read the comics know who to bring. Indeed, time for the Juggys and Maggies to finally shine. If only against one champ..
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

In her special abilities

please show me where its stated
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Emma isn't that bad once you get evading her sp1 by swipping foward. She may get a few kills in AWD at first but she is realtively straight foward to beat down especially when you apply armor break to remove her diamond form and pummel her.

Emma seems much better suited in the hands of a player on offense compared to defense
  • Options
    KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    As for the telekinesis-immune champs mentioned above: the fight is gonna take absolutely forever unless you have one of those at 4/55+. I used a maxed 4* Jugs and he was probably the least helpful champ in the five that I brought in. Imo, the best option for this fight right now is an awakened Medusa, since she can get Emma out of her diamond form, and hopefully autoblock a few specials.
    Overall, the fight reminds me of the IW Thanos quite a bit. Except this time you have to go through it like 6 times instead of 1.
  • Options
    Arceus111Arceus111 Posts: 34
    Yep. This fight is more than annoying (trying not to swear here). Unless you have an awakened Medusa, this fight is pure cash-grab. Enemies like the Hydra-Adaptoid last month are ugly to fight, but managable. But fighting a champion that is immune to everything for half of the fight while also having 39k attack for the same time peroid? I´m sorry, but that is unacceptable!
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2018

In her special abilities

How about here
    KABAM MIKE

Yes. The Inversion activates when the Special Attack is activated. It is regardless of whether or not it hits you. It's a part of her Signature Ability and the fact that it does not need to hit you can actually work in your favor, since it won't be a surprise, and getting hit by it won't suddenly change the controls. Is she Awakened? Yes? Then you need to be ready for inverted controls

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92977/version-20-0-discussion-thread/p1

Its in her abilities and they told us beforehand about it so we get a general idea about it and who could be good to use against her.
  • Options

In her special abilities

How about here
    KABAM MIKE

Yes. The Inversion activates when the Special Attack is activated. It is regardless of whether or not it hits you. It's a part of her Signature Ability and the fact that it does not need to hit you can actually work in your favor, since it won't be a surprise, and getting hit by it won't suddenly change the controls. Is she Awakened? Yes? Then you need to be ready for inverted controls

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92977/version-20-0-discussion-thread/p1

Its in her abilities and they told us beforehand about it so we get a general idea about it and who could be good to use against her.

then it should be stated in her signature ability not hidden. not just stated on the forums. not everyone sits and reads forums.
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163
    edited September 2018
    sv6edq70bjmf.jpeg

Oh yes, it must be the kabamese for MS_ID_UI_STAT_FORMAT_EMMA_SIG_DF, because I swear it is NOT in the first bullet point.
  • Options

In her special abilities

It might be due to one of the bugged string ID tags, but it actually isn't listed in her abilities description and it is almost certainly an erroneous omission.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In her special abilities

It might be due to one of the bugged string ID tags, but it actually isn't listed in her abilities description and it is almost certainly an erroneous omission.

Probably. Miike said it in the 20.0 update so I figured it would have to be there somewhere. I havent gotten to play her yet so I cant check if I can see it on my end.
  • Options
    So here starts the "content is to hard so change it" threads. We go through this every EQ. Practice on the heroic levels first. Get used to fighting her and then tackle the harder content. This game is going to continue to evolve and this is just one of the stops along the way.

Event is perfectly fine, no problems. The champion isn't. The repercussions are much heavier looking at seasons and wars than the event.

To be more precise, i tested her with a plethora of diff champions before wrecking the living poop out of her with ease with the right ones.

The problem here is not "how hard" it is. it is taking out any "skillfull" play in exchange for a 50/50 bet of nailing the special incoming hence moving forwards to be able to dodge backwards or just end up running into her and eat a combo in the face.

While event you can easily block and evade second parts, unblockable nodes won't be that family friendly in wars. and again, inversion should trigger after the first hit of her specials for that precise reasons. NONE with half a brain would run to her "hoping" she' ll use a special.

They took off the right of decision completely, which in a game is BAD.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Fight her with one of these champions and you won't have to deal with that.

Magneto
    Magneto now
    Juggernaut
    Unstoppable collosus

Their helmets protect them from it.
    THX135 wrote: »
    Emma isn't that bad once you get evading her sp1 by swipping foward. She may get a few kills in AWD at first but she is realtively straight foward to beat down especially when you apply armor break to remove her diamond form and pummel her.

Emma seems much better suited in the hands of a player on offense compared to defense

Again, you have to consider all content before giving an evaluation of the champion. In event you can just block first hit without risking to gamble dashing forward to fight the inversion, and evade the other part easily.

War with unblockable nodes means you won't have that safeguard, so it'll come down to try and guess she's about to special and dash forward to evade it. And given war nodes, means you are betting 50% chanches of being ista killed, being it not taking the risk of dashing or taking it and eating a combo.

None of the mentioned counters will ever see light in alliance wars as attackers.
    Taking away the right of even being able to bait a special is pure scum.
    In a scenario where you can't block a hit, this character relies completely on luck and no skills. Unless you manage to nail 100% times when she about to land a special. Else it's a +1 in death counter every single sp1.
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In her special abilities

Probably. Miike said it in the 20.0 update so I figured it would have to be there somewhere. I havent gotten to play her yet so I cant check if I can see it on my end.

Take a look at my screenshot above. It costed me my complete run.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

In her special abilities

How about here
    KABAM MIKE

then it should be stated in her signature ability not hidden. not just stated on the forums. not everyone sits and reads forums.

It is in that bugged out string of code
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Fight her with one of these champions and you won't have to deal with that.

Magneto
    Magneto now
    Juggernaut
    Unstoppable collosus

Their helmets protect them from it.
    THX135 wrote: »

Again, you have to consider all content before giving an evaluation of the champion. In event you can just block first hit without risking to gamble dashing forward to fight the inversion, and evade the other part easily.

War with unblockable nodes means you won't have that safeguard, so it'll come down to try and guess she's about to special and dash forward to evade it. And given war nodes, means you are betting 50% chanches of being ista killed, being it not taking the risk of dashing or taking it and eating a combo.

None of the mentioned counters will ever see light in alliance wars as attackers.
    Taking away the right of even being able to bait a special is pure scum.
    In a scenario where you can't block a hit, this character relies completely on luck and no skills. Unless you manage to nail 100% times when she about to land a special. Else it's a +1 in death counter every single sp1.

there's literally no guessing here. she has a tell when she performs her special as does everyone. she gets me with the habit of swipping back to evade it.
  • Options
    So here starts the "content is to hard so change it" threads. We go through this every EQ. Practice on the heroic levels first. Get used to fighting her and then tackle the harder content. This game is going to continue to evolve and this is just one of the stops along the way.

Event is perfectly fine, no problems. The champion isn't. The repercussions are much heavier looking at seasons and wars than the event.

To be more precise, i tested her with a plethora of diff champions before wrecking the living poop out of her with ease with the right ones.

The problem here is not "how hard" it is. it is taking out any "skillfull" play in exchange for a 50/50 bet of nailing the special incoming hence moving forwards to be able to dodge backwards or just end up running into her and eat a combo in the face.

While event you can easily block and evade second parts, unblockable nodes won't be that family friendly in wars. and again, inversion should trigger after the first hit of her specials for that precise reasons. NONE with half a brain would run to her "hoping" she' ll use a special.

My point exactly. We've heard this same story over and over. The event is fine except for-
    Red Skull/Hydra Adaptoid
    Domino
    Thanos
    Etc....
    People complain the first couple days then they beat the content and we move to the next. Lets meet back here next month so we can have the same conversation again but different champ.
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Well I used to 100% every uncollected but this one the last few no as they are just cash grabs by an immoral and greedy company. It was all going well until I reached Emma, she may be worse than thanos. I for one won't be sinking my units into this kabam. My hatred for this company increases everyday
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Hyperion/Corvus Glaive for Emma Frost, Void/Guillotine for Omega Red. Both boss fights are tough if you button mash but doable with the right preparation. Good job Kabam for continuing to make harder game content require more than parry and attack to complete.
  • Options

My point exactly. We've heard this same story over and over. The event is fine except for-
    Red Skull/Hydra Adaptoid
    Domino
    Thanos
    Etc....
    People complain the first couple days then they beat the content and we move to the next. Lets meet back here next month so we can have the same conversation again but different champ.

We still don't match on the argument. Event is perfectly fine, it's a single fight, it's a single player section and doesn't have any BS nodes really.
    War on the other side is another story entirely.
  • Options

Red Skull/Hydra Adaptoid
    Domino
    Thanos
    Etc....

We still don't match on the argument. Event is perfectly fine, it's a single fight, it's a single player section and doesn't have any BS nodes really.

Yes thats what I'm saying. Last EQ it was Hydra Adaptoid and Red Skull, before that it was IMIW, before that Domino, before that it was Thanks so on and so forth. It's always 1 fight and people scream nerf and BS and then videos start coming out with ways to beat the fights and then we move on. Same cycle, different EQ. Hold off for a few days and wait for some YouTube content to come out. Watch it and then go beat her. Wait for next EQ and I'll see you back here when you complain about the next champ in that EQ you can't "beat".
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★

Red Skull/Hydra Adaptoid
    Domino
    Thanos
    Etc....

I wouldn't argue with him, it's like talking to a wall. Him and a few others (I'm sure you know who) don't let anyone think a certain way, they always have to jump into every thread saying kabam is right and everyone else is wrong. Or try to shove their opinions down everyones throat, once we get a block button everything will be better here.
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Who decided it ? someone who needs a psych evaluation as they have some nasty thoughts in their head to come up with this BS
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    also Idk if it's lags or is it supposed to be that way, but looks like she can hit right after heavy with no opening to punish her
    missing description is so lame
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »

Red Skull/Hydra Adaptoid
    Domino
    Thanos
    Etc....

I wouldn't argue with him, it's like talking to a wall. Him and a few others (I'm sure you know who) don't let anyone think a certain way, they always have to jump into every thread saying kabam is right and everyone else is wrong. Or try to shove their opinions down everyones throat, once we get a block button everything will be better here.

You do realize that that exact statement means you're doing the exact same thing towards the other? Opinions differ.
    You think your way, other think their way. It sparks discussion. If you don't like counter arguments, make better ones.
    I'm not saying right or wrong, nothing of the sort. But I agree, a block button would help. You do realize it's there don't you? Might want to look for it.