**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Next R5 5* Killmonger, Blade or....... Red Hulk?

Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
edited September 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Have two already, Gwenpool and Vision. Following master monthly quest I can do a third r5. I'm torn between either Killmonger or Blade or the dark horse, Red Hulk.

Comments

• SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    Killmonger, mine is 5/65 and 6/7 labyrinth paths down. My 5/65 AA is there for the assist as well.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I don’t have Blade, but it seems to me he’s losing a bit of his value. However much I love my 5/4 Rulk, his value has gone down slightly as well. E.g. barely a mystic in sight in AW these days. Killmonger however, counters a few of the most annoying champs like (eh) a champ. And has great synergies to boost. KM for me. I’m ranking mine up to 5/5 in a week or two as well.
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    Thanks guys. When I had the option to R5 Blade I took KM to r4 because I had a feeling he was going to start losing value. Still a great champ though. I should point out one thing. I have not 100% LoL. I have 5 paths left to do. Would that sway a decision?
    For me, no. And I also haven’t fully done LOL. I also think that having KM and WS (5 or 6) will help in LOL a lot.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Blade is best option for LoL, will really lower the cost. But you already have a gp r5 so hard to say. I dont think mongo or rulk will help with LoL , they are more aw attack options. Both good choices if thats your main priority. Choice depending on what your lane is.
    I'm good with most lanes I'm on with having Vision and to this point I've mostly used GP in LOL. I have used Blade as well in LOL at r4. Those fights just took a little longer. This is my dilemma
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Since you’ve already done a few lanes with blade at r4, plus you’re in a p2 ally..I’d definitely say you’re capable of finishing LOL with him at r4. You wouldn’t want to use t5B just to save yourself a little extra time.

War is by far the most important node, and KM is amazing for war attack, especially as the game meta drifts drastically away from blade and toward KM.

Auto-block is the new golden child for abilities, and KM handles all of those champs.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    SuperSam57 wrote: »
    Killmonger, mine is 5/65 and 6/7 labyrinth paths down. My 5/65 AA is there for the assist as well.

You used KM primarily for every fight? How long did it take compared to some more typical options?

I pull him out of my first 6*. He’s great, but his damage output is not crazy. Not unduped anyway.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Easy Blade With Ghost Rider is the best and Blade Damage is better then killmonger and he can regain too so go for blade

i love killmonger too maybe you can rank him next
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    KM for Medusa, Blade for literally everyone else.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Killmonger for auto-block and evade champs fights in AW
    It's a great debate
    I appreciate everyone's input
    There’s also the fun factor. For me, Blade doesn’t even feel part of the Marvel universe. And I don’t particularly like his animations or looks either. Killmonger is a true Marvel character (imho) and marvelous to play (imho). He brings out the intercepting best in you. I know this isn’t the deciding factor, but when in doubt, go with who you enjoy more. No matter what ‘the meta’ dictates.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Went over the OP again. Since you have Gwenpool (defensive AAR) and Vision (immunity) at r5 already Blade may be your best option. Having a 5/65 regeneration champion is huge for end-game content.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Chagalj wrote: »
    borntohula wrote: »
    I don’t have Blade, but it seems to me he’s losing a bit of his value. However much I love my 5/4 Rulk, his value has gone down slightly as well. E.g. barely a mystic in sight in AW these days. Killmonger however, counters a few of the most annoying champs like (eh) a champ. And has great synergies to boost. KM for me. I’m ranking mine up to 5/5 in a week or two as well.

Blade is losing value?! I don't know which game you play. My 4/55 blade in team with GP eats 90% is the champs for breakfast, in AW and in all quests.

A lot of the more recent champs have pretty much been built just to counter blade is what he’s referring too.

As for OP I’d say killmonger, I do enjoy using my 4/55 Rulk but not sure I’d ever take him higher, not sure I’d have taken him this high if it wasn’t for an expiring T2a forcing me too
    So I did a thing
    I thought pretty hard about it and went KM. I figured I could finish LOL with GP and Vison if needed....It's not impossible, I hate having to be so patient with Medusa in war and my guess is that eventually Kabam being Kabam they will either consider dumbing down Blade some or continue to realease champs he has not control over..... I'll probably kick myself for a while all the same but I'll get over it. Thanks everyone.
  • ChagaljChagalj Posts: 30
    It's great that everyone has different approach in this game, so everyone likes different champs. I would never rank KM even 4/55. For me the hype about that champ is way over the top, and yes, I own the guy in 5s. He is at 3/45 and he will stay that way.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Chagalj wrote: »
    It's great that everyone has different approach in this game, so everyone likes different champs. I would never rank KM even 4/55. For me the hype about that champ is way over the top, and yes, I own the guy in 5s. He is at 3/45 and he will stay that way.

I’ll swap a couple of 5*s I consider overrated for him? Lol
    How about an AA and Quake? Lol
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Blade
  • ShadyOneShadyOne Posts: 12
    I don’t have KM...but if the main point of the idea that KM is better than Blade because of him countering auto block, I’d say Blade all day, every day. Main Auto Blockers are Medusa and IMIW, both have counters, and both can be taken down with skill

Blade at 5/65 is insane. Still best champ in the game. One that’s right there with him, his Trinity mate Sparky
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I think you made a great choice. 👍

When act 6 is released and blade counters none of the bosses I think you’ll be very happy with your choice.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    JC_ wrote: »

When act 6 is released and blade counters none of the bosses I think you’ll be very happy with your choice.

Yeah, there's no chance KM is going to be better than Blade for act 6.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    JC_ wrote: »

I have the distinct feeling youre right on that. All the new champs are anti blade nowadays.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Red Hulk my 4/55 one with 10 charges lands around a 20k sp1 he's deadly has nice regen and can destroy anyone and everyone... Nobody is immune to his heat damage u won't regret ranking him
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Bladeeee. Regen regen regen!!!