**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I'm Still "Collected"

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    @DRTO
    If you have a Sabretooth use him with Killmonger/blackpanther/BPCW. The synergy let’s him bypass masochism.

Didn't know that. Cool.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    So wait… you’ve never done UC EQ before?
    Well, no. Obviously.
  • I did the same thing for a long time. I actually just finished uncollected recently when we had the Gwenpool at the movies EQ. Because it was so easy I didn’t have to worry about my resources going to that plus I learned about the Ronan truck to finish the Red Skull event easy I did it with a duped 2*. I really suggest finishing uncollected though it’s well worth it. I put it off for too long. The good news was by the time I went and did it I had a few maxed out 4*’s and a rank 3 5*. It helps a lot because the daily crystals give you t4 class catalyst fragments and they are hard to come by especially if you’re still not uncollected.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Thanks. Hope the Kool-Aid isn't from Jonestown. XD

Cult references......

Anyway, I’m proud to say that I beat 5.2.4 for my first run through on the star lord path up the middle. Yes, that is a mascochism buffet magik on that path. My secret? AA
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    If you look up act 5 on YouTube Seatin has the "easy" paths all laid out for each chapter. Best Champs to use, what to expect etc. Very helpful.
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    If you look up act 5 on YouTube Seatin has the "easy" paths all laid out for each chapter. Best Champs to use, what to expect etc. Very helpful.

From what I gathered online, 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 didn't have easy Paths. I'll check it out.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★

From what I gathered online, 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 didn't have easy Paths. I'll check it out.

Well, I use easy very loosely.

I found that SW was an MVP for me in 5.2.6. I took the path with DPX, DP etc. She held their regeneration in check. She's still a questing beast.

Well, I use easy very loosely.

I found that SW was an MVP for me in 5.2.6. I took the path with DPX, DP etc. She held their regeneration in check. She's still a questing beast.

Darn. Took me a couple years to roll her as a 4*. She's still sitting at R1 Unawakened. I still have quite a selection to choose from, though.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I'm stuck on 5.2.4 right now and it's driving me crazy. I know I can beat bane, it's just I can't seem to dominate masochism (lol) it just sucks, I'll be hammering away on my opponent and all of the sudden he will land a hit or 2 and the next second, I'm d.e.a.d !!! If you have any advise for 5.2.4, that'd be awesome. My opinions is that you should just go all out on story until you beat the collector once. This will allow you to do the uncollected E.Q and start to really bring in the rewards.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Ahhhh youre still collected. It all makes sense now.

Once you become uncollected you will break free from the kabam mind control and see them for what they really are.

I'm in control of my own mind, thanks. No one has me Clockwork Oranged. Lol.

We will see about that soon enough ;)
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    There's a difference between having an opinion and talking about experience. People are free to discuss any subject theoretically. That's what makes it a debate. The times that people bring up experience are most often an attempt to abase someone because people don't agree with their opinion. Rarely do they address their actual view. Instead, they try to call the person out to win a debate. That's not how a civilized discussion works. It's the difference between saying "When I did this...." and "My thoughts are....".

i dont wanna call anyone out and cause any trouble here but saying you think a champ is fairly designed and not op and easy to play or whatever is not something you can accurately do when you have not played them at UC difficulty.....
    playing Emma in master mode i think she is cool...her abilities are crazy but its all good fun cus i might die but i get through her with my team.
    However once reaching UC then she is a total piece of work.insanely powerful. one slip up and you die to her sp1. it is very easy to slip up too.
    commenting on the difficulty and the power of a particular champion something that is hard to do when you do not face them in their toughest form>

thats why even i with my opinons listen to what others say. Cus i do uncollected eq but i am in low tier war. those in higher tier war face a different beast.
  • Agent_venomAgent_venom Posts: 51
    I don’t want to tell you how to play the game or what to do, but you should really consider becoming uncollected. Your missing out on a ton of rewards, just the T2a shards you get every month from uncollected is a good a enough reason.
    I'm stuck on 5.2.4 right now and it's driving me crazy. I know I can beat bane, it's just I can't seem to dominate masochism (lol) it just sucks, I'll be hammering away on my opponent and all of the sudden he will land a hit or 2 and the next second, I'm d.e.a.d !!! If you have any advise for 5.2.4, that'd be awesome. My opinions is that you should just go all out on story until you beat the collector once. This will allow you to do the uncollected E.Q and start to really bring in the rewards.

I got that joke. Lol. Best suggestion I can give is what I did, aside from Bitter's suggestion of using Sabre and the Synergy. I Parried to trigger Masochism and used DoT. Energy is less than Revs, so you can always practice until you get as far as you can without dying. I beat it because I got tired of trying over and over. Threw some Boosts on, used my Revs, and never left until I beat it. Which wasn't too bad. I only had to ask a Member to send me a Rev because I had Storm down to 1% and got whiffed. Hate that. Lol. Look up some vids, practice, and just go in until you beat it. If you have to Grind for Revs, do that. You'll get it eventually. Good luck.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Archangel (duped) and Yondu are the best for masochism imo. I hate that node with a passion too so I feel your pain lol.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Good luck on your way to Uncollected. It's not as bad now as it first came out with the champs we currently have

We didn't have Spider-Man Stark-Enhanced back then for the Collector. No Proxima and Sabretooth with BPCW/BP/KM for Masochism. No Blade with his Danger Sense synergies either

Just believe in yourself and actually do it. You'll be fine
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    DRTO wrote: »
    Damn was anyone else kind of shook when they read that GroundedWisdom, the man who comments more than anyone on the forums, was not uncollected? Never would've thought.

But yeah I'm still not uncollected yet, I just can't for the life of me beat that stupid masochism 5.2.4, that stupid yellowjacket is the bane of my existence. I just can't ever evade that stupid sp1. Hopefully by the end of the year I can finally get uncollected though, I think it's time it happens.

I had that too. Then I decided to block it and use health potions for that champ if I needed him (Red Hulk at the time).

Now I would Spark his ass...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    There's a difference between having an opinion and talking about experience. People are free to discuss any subject theoretically. That's what makes it a debate. The times that people bring up experience are most often an attempt to abase someone because people don't agree with their opinion. Rarely do they address their actual view. Instead, they try to call the person out to win a debate. That's not how a civilized discussion works. It's the difference between saying "When I did this...." and "My thoughts are....".

i dont wanna call anyone out and cause any trouble here but saying you think a champ is fairly designed and not op and easy to play or whatever is not something you can accurately do when you have not played them at UC difficulty.....
    playing Emma in master mode i think she is cool...her abilities are crazy but its all good fun cus i might die but i get through her with my team.
    However once reaching UC then she is a total piece of work.insanely powerful. one slip up and you die to her sp1. it is very easy to slip up too.
    commenting on the difficulty and the power of a particular champion something that is hard to do when you do not face them in their toughest form>

thats why even i with my opinons listen to what others say. Cus i do uncollected eq but i am in low tier war. those in higher tier war face a different beast.

I think you’ve forgotten the concept of proportionality.

UC difficulty is not a flat difficulty. I.e. Top rosters find it easier than lower down ones.

A fairly new player can find master Emma much, much harder than an older player doing UC.

As an example, I found Master Emma a lot harder on my second account to beat when compared to fighting her UC on my main account. This was because I was using a 4/40 star lord on second account, and a 5/65 corvus on my main.

You say that one sp1 can knock out your champ in uncollected, but that’s a ridiculous thing to imply that this can only happen in UC. The irony being, my Corvus can survive a couple of sp attacks from UC Emma, but my star lord gets knocked out straight away in master. It’s proportional to attack of boss and health of attacker.

difficulty is proportional, not “fight UC or you don’t know how hard anything is”
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »

I think you’ve forgotten the concept of proportionality.

UC difficulty is not a flat difficulty. I.e. Top rosters find it easier than lower down ones.

A fairly new player can find master Emma much, much harder than an older player doing UC.

As an example, I found Master Emma a lot harder on my second account to beat when compared to fighting her UC on my main account. This was because I was using a 4/40 star lord on second account, and a 5/65 corvus on my main.

You say that one sp1 can knock out your champ in uncollected, but that’s a ridiculous thing to imply that this can only happen in UC. The irony being, my Corvus can survive a couple of sp attacks from UC Emma, but my star lord gets knocked out straight away in master. It’s proportional to attack of boss and health of attacker.

difficulty is proportional, not “fight UC or you don’t know how hard anything is”

of course.....
    that was not even what i was saying.....
    i was saying the opposite...
    i know most will find emma hard.... i found her easy on master cus of my roster. but on UC i found her darn hard.
    so if i only commented on her based on my experience in master i would say "meh she aint that bad", but based on my experience in UC i say "OMG she is a PITA"

that stands true for those at top saying stuff is easy while others find it hard....
    but when someone who only competes at medium difficulty finds it easy does not mean they can tell those who fight at top difficulty that it is not hard..... as they would not know what that difficulty is like....
    there is a big difference in peeps saying "FOR ME she was easy" or "I FOUND her easy" compared to flat out saying "SHE IS EASY"
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The game suffers from so many functional issues it’s only compounded further by using a device that sounds like it’s becoming increasingly more and more obsolete. You seem to invest a lot of time into the game so would consider some upgrade options. Also I would bail on arena grinding, I see too many guys losing their marbles because they grind like crazy and all the bad pulls put them over the edge for the hours they played to get a little extra. Your fortunate to have a lot of quality rewards ahead of you in act 5 and LOL easy run that are all achieveable with your roster (I think). Your skills will improve if you focus on the content and move away from arena.
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    The game suffers from so many functional issues it’s only compounded further by using a device that sounds like it’s becoming increasingly more and more obsolete. You seem to invest a lot of time into the game so would consider some upgrade options. Also I would bail on arena grinding, I see too many guys losing their marbles because they grind like crazy and all the bad pulls put them over the edge for the hours they played to get a little extra. Your fortunate to have a lot of quality rewards ahead of you in act 5 and LOL easy run that are all achieveable with your roster (I think). Your skills will improve if you focus on the content and move away from arena.

Thanks. I'll probably start using my phone more, but I don't think I'll stop Grinding. Lol. I'll focus more on other content, but I love the Arenas. It's not even the Rewards, really. I just like the fighting.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★

Thanks. I'll probably start using my phone more, but I don't think I'll stop Grinding. Lol. I'll focus more on other content, but I love the Arenas. It's not even the Rewards, really. I just like the fighting.

Yeah I run some arena and I get that guys like that concept of the game I’m just suggesting to focus your efforts a bit more on other content. You have a whole new world of difficulty awaiting when you open up uncollected EQ and just hammering out one run of act 5 has a pretty nice return and would advance your top end making life easier in general.

Yeah I run some arena and I get that guys like that concept of the game I’m just suggesting to focus your efforts a bit more on other content. You have a whole new world of difficulty awaiting when you open up uncollected EQ and just hammering out one run of act 5 has a pretty nice return and would advance your top end making life easier in general.

Completely agree.
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    We all been getting trolled by a level 40

Yeah no. I'm not a Troll. I'm Level 60. Would you be so kind as to point out how it's pertinent to my topic?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Here's my advice, and this is from someone who has had the problem of "not having time for everything." I at one point in time decided that instead of getting a few shards from the Heroic and Master difficulties I was going to buckle down and spend my time to 100% act 5. So I took two months off (I think) of EQ and just focused on playing act 5 using energy refills when I had time. The rewards from act 5 and the uncollected title are well worth the break from EQ. These days I don't even play Heroic and Master EQ difficulties anymore (except for perhaps once through Heroic for Insider rewards). I focus on 100% uncollected EQ and any other "special" content that is going on.

It's all about time spent vs rewards earned... In your case I think being uncollected is the far better option for your time rather then spending your units attempting to 100% master and heroic. With uncollected comes grandmaster crystals (which I've pulled quite a few 4* from [login calendar]) and you also have access to the 300 unit crystals which occasionally can be worth it. On top of that you have access to Uncollected EQ and the daily uncollected crystal. Even a once through the UC event quest is better than 100% on the Heroic difficulty.

There are so many good reasons to become uncollected, I wouldn't wait any longer, even if that means skipping an EQ. The rewards you miss out on will not be as much as what you gain.
This discussion has been closed.