**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why I'm Still "Collected"

Comments

• Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    As far as I can gather, the truth is that you need an iOS device to play the game optimally. That’s just the way it is. I have an 8S. Almost zero problems whatsoever in the last 6 months.
  • Options
    You will continue to spend a crazy amount of units clearing content until you bite the bullet and get an optimal device, regardless of your politics. I would say it isn’t worth the stress for you if you are unwilling to do so.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Well i dont know much but cause you enjoy arenas then being uncollected gives more units in those arena crystals. This greatly helps in story quests and masteries(which i think you already have by now unlike me).
    I've been uncollected only recently but this is just my opinion. I'm pretty much still a noob

No it doesnt.
    It may seem like it sometimes..... but it is the same drop rate.... many people have done lots of tests and seen it is same same.....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You will continue to spend a crazy amount of units clearing content until you bite the bullet and get an optimal device, regardless of your politics. I would say it isn’t worth the stress for you if you are unwilling to do so.

I have a new phone that works much better. Just my huge thumbs that need to get used to it. Lol. Been playing on a 7 or 8 inch Tablet since I started. It will take some time. Intersting, though. The Android on my phone is 8.0, and my Tablet is 7.1.1. That leads me to believe it's either the Processor or RAM that makes the difference. 1.5 RAM on my Tab, 4 on my phone. Processor is faster as well.
  • Options

I have a new phone that works much better. Just my huge thumbs that need to get used to it. Lol. Been playing on a 7 or 8 inch Tablet since I started. It will take some time. Intersting, though. The Android on my phone is 8.0, and my Tablet is 7.1.1. That leads me to believe it's either the Processor or RAM that makes the difference. 1.5 RAM on my Tab, 4 on my phone. Processor is faster as well.

You may be able to find a refurbished iPhone 7 Plus or newer at a decent price if you hunt for a bit. I can’t imagine the frustration. I would never play this game if I had to drop an unreasonable amount just to clear content that I know I could clear for far less on a decent device, ya know?

People always talk about lag and similar issues, but I’ve never experienced any of them on my 8 Plus. The only reason I ever have to spend too many units is if I get my ass kicked.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I think there's something to be said for focusing on the Arena so long as well. Most Fights take very little time, so I haven't grown patience for longer Fights. I think it might be helpful to spend some time in ROL, developing patience.

Definitely. The only reason I play this game is for challenging and interesting fights including interesting paths and nodes to figure out.

Arena is my practice ground for evading specials and creating the instincts for each champ.

Longer, creative fights are the heart of the game. Infinity Thanos was a masterpiece of a fight. ROL was a big first step in training for the focus of 5+ minute fights. It felt like an actual accomplishment, along with Act 5 initial clear.

The ability to play a strategy in a fighting game, and implement the abilities of your team is what makes it fun to me.
  • Options
    S4ndm4n_EnterSS4ndm4n_EnterS Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    Regarding the android lag, I'm using a Galaxy Grand Prime Plus, had major lag until update 19.1, it has since then been smooth and this is what enabled me to finish 5.2 and get through master without issues.
    However, when I still had the lag problem, I did find a workaround that negated the worst of it (I preface this by stating that you will lose the warranty on your phone if you do this. So I'm in no way recommending it, just stating what I did):
    I rooted my phone, which gave me the ability to install apps that allow me to have more control over the processor speed, as well as the abilty to close background apps that can't be closed fully with Samsung's settings menu. This made the game playable at least, as all the phones resources can be properly allocated to running the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    borntohula wrote: »
    Arenas are basically just a source of in game currency. Essential for people who don’t spend or spend very little. But that’s about it, unless you really want to go for every champ in every variety. They don’t hone your skills (except when you first start out) in any meaningful way. Sure, they teach you the ropes and allow you to test out new champs for a bit, but that’s it. If you really want to understand what makes this game tick (strategic planning, complex fights and champs with mechanics that sometimes only come into play in long and hard fights) you need to up the ante.

Now that I know what level you play at, I also understand why many of your post make zero sense; you simply comment on things you have no understanding about. That’s not a jibe, by the way. It’s a statement of fact.

As for progression; forget arena. Dive into the mechanics. Do content that actually challenges you to think about the game mechanics, the specific (dis)advantages of champions or combinations of champions, and discover what MCOC is really about. Or could be about.

I would argue that arena hones your skills in a very meaningful way. Whether you are aware of it or not. It allows you to repeatedly face champions, and through repetition comes timing. It is the perfect training ground for understanding each champion’s reach and special attack timing. It fosters comfort in fighting every single champion and prepares you for the essentials of each. This is unquestionable to me.
  • Options
    borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2018

I would argue that arena hones your skills in a very meaningful way. Whether you are aware of it or not. It allows you to repeatedly face champions, and through repetition comes timing. It is the perfect training ground for understanding each champion’s reach and special attack timing. It fosters comfort in fighting every single champion and prepares you for the essentials of each. This is unquestionable to me.

Sure. But when you’re a bit more experienced, that ‘teaching’ value goes down quite a bit. You don’t face a barrage of new champs in arena. Haven’t run into a single Korg last arena I did (full milestones) for example. It does help if you want to practice intercepts or Dorkey stuff. But for fighting newer champs, not so much. I duel those a lot instead. Mind, for beginners it’s a great training ground. But for people like me, fighting the 1736636th Cyclops doesn’t really teach new tricks anymore. I suppose the same goes for GR. Not a new player. Just inexperienced in the hard stuff.

• Options
    Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Not too hijack the thread with more lag talk but I’m on an iPhone 7+ & it’s been damn near unplayable with this last update. Luckily I’ll be getting a new Xs max.. if my contract wasn’t up I’m afraid I’d have no choice but to call it quits the way it is right now because I wouldn’t be getting a new phone just for this game.

Back to the original topic, I agree that too much arena can make anyone a little sloppy. It’s too easy to go on autopilot & get into a rhythm rather than putting thought into how to defeat someone. Anyway, it’s nice to see you trying to move forward @GroundedWisdom. It might even lead to less “debates” with others since you’ll have more 1st hand experience with a lot of our gripes. Lol
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I suggest saving resources to complete uncollected it’s seriously not that hard only the collector is hard. The pay out for monthly eq is by far the best allocation of resources the game has to offer. I am in my own retirement alliance and I don’t play anything competitively anymore as other than doing monthly eq and try to finish lol 100% I find top tier aw absolutely absurd and for the most part it’s ruined to fun of being on a top tier alliance which I was in for quite a long time. Now I am content play this game leisurely and only using my energy. I collect the free rewards for being part of an alliance we play 1bg aw which is stress free and 1bg aq for entertainment purposes and a bit of glory every week. Monthly uncollected guarantees me a 5* every month and an accumulation of top tier recourses without all the bs.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Interesting thread -- the responses, for the most part, have really shown the depth of thinking that goes with trying to advance in this game.

For me, I am glad when anyone, including GW, makes the decision to get Uncollected. The perks are worth it. I took far longer to do it than I could have, as well, for a few reasons, but the biggest is that after a certain point, I totally loathe tapping on a screen to get an opponent down.

At about 100K in a fight, I pretty much just want it to end. That's just how I view an enjoyable gaming experience. I don't think it's particularly fun to tap a screen enough to get a guy down with hundreds of thousands to millions of points in the hit pool. Again, that's just me.

I have done ROL and RTTL and gotten Uncollected, but have had little desire to fully complete/explore Act 5 or do the initial run on Labyrinth.

But as someone who has played this game since the first week, I also can hardly stand Arena anymore. Woof. I only do it when I am pretty desperate for gold or a character that I REALLY want, and usually in the secondary market.

So. What do I do in the game that keeps me coming back for more?

As most people who see me online know, I LOVE testing characters. How they look, feel, play, interact with other characters and Masteries.

I grind Daily Events for Catalysts, Event Quests for shards, Basics and Class Cat fragments. I do that stuff every single day, as far as the Daily Events are concerned.

So, I get what GW is talking about. There are various ways to play the game, none necessarily right or wrong.

But yeah. Getting Uncollected is a pretty big perk. Even I can admit that, as someone who hates ridiculous nodes on characters

• Options
    The Thread was about Emma. Didn't mention Uncollected. Lol. Thanks for the constructive feedback everyone.
  • Options
    Thanks. Hope the Kool-Aid isn't from Jonestown. XD
  • Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom I’m not gonna dog ya.

Honestly, though, there’s no reason not be uncollected after playing the game so long. You choose to do what you want and the results are what come from that. The choices you make in game to use energy, like playing for t4cc shards is entirely up to you and it’s why a lot of people disagreed with saying that event is not worth the energy unless you need to push for the last few shards. If you’re choosing to still do that, well, uncollected is going to keep waiting.

One of the reasons I tend to comment on your posts is precisely because you are not uncollected and really can’t offer a valued input for anyone who is doing monthly EQ at uncollected level. Case in point and just one of many... your comment on Emma Frost in https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/572667#Comment_572667. You fought uncanny Emma, that is nowhere near uncollected Emma Frost and you did not beat uncollected Emma Frost. That was a thread about uncollected Emma Frost.

Again, I’m not here to dog you. Just trying to give you perspective as to why so many of your comments are taken badly and not constructive. When whe difficulty level you have is no where near the others in certain discussions, you cant offer any reL feedback. Taking the non player side, for things you’ve not experienced first hand, makes people frustrated.

Personally? If I were you. I would knock UC out asap. Many of us are dealing with the lag too. I’m actually not able to use my iPhone 6 at all because it’s so laggy since 20. My s8 and iPad have been way more reliable but still lag. There’s been bugs and lag for ages now, but everyone has just had to push on. Get it done and become uncollected and experience what the last 2 sections of it are really like in monthly EQ and then see if you still have the same opinions about content and player suggestions after you’ve had the chance to experience it yourself first hand.

Agreed, the UC Emma is far more difficult than the uncanny room.

Once you get uncollected GW, then you'll know the pain and probably can provide real feedback. Get down to using a better device, there's nothing worse than lag in this game.
  • Options
    Also, the OP asked our thoughts on Emma. Not Uncollected.
  • Options
    I am not the creator of absolute fact. Let's be honest here. People just call me out because they don't like what I say.
    I like the fact that this Thread has been constructive, so I'm going back to the topic.
  • Options
    Okay. So I reread that and that sounded funny. Before I move on, I should point out I use the word "fact" colloquially. I have strong opinions and I use definitive language, but I'm not the be-all-end-all of facts. Incase that's adding to the confusion.
    In any case, thanks again for the feedback guys. I'm starting to build some more Resources. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    Damn was anyone else kind of shook when they read that GroundedWisdom, the man who comments more than anyone on the forums, was not uncollected? Never would've thought.

But yeah I'm still not uncollected yet, I just can't for the life of me beat that stupid masochism 5.2.4, that stupid yellowjacket is the bane of my existence. I just can't ever evade that stupid sp1. Hopefully by the end of the year I can finally get uncollected though, I think it's time it happens.
  • Options
    DRTO wrote: »
    Damn was anyone else kind of shook when they read that GroundedWisdom, the man who comments more than anyone on the forums, was not uncollected? Never would've thought.

But yeah I'm still not uncollected yet, I just can't for the life of me beat that stupid masochism 5.2.4, that stupid yellowjacket is the bane of my existence. I just can't ever evade that stupid sp1. Hopefully by the end of the year I can finally get uncollected though, I think it's time it happens.

Good luck buddy. It takes some practice to Evade his L1. It has a range, so you need to Bait at a distance. If you're open to suggestions, it's only a few Energy. Just enter and keep trying.
    Masochism was a real pain. I mostly triggered it with Parry and used DoT after. Bleed, Incinerate, etc. Take the easy Path with Colossus. Took me a while to get past it too.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @DRTO
    If you have a Sabretooth use him with Killmonger/blackpanther/BPCW. The synergy let’s him bypass masochism.
This discussion has been closed.