Options

Monthy Quest - Why is Heroic Exploration Required

Comments

• Options
    AGREE
  • Options
    Thanks @mutamatt. Have been thinking the same thing a couple months now.
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Might be unfair to those who have gotten the legend title already to not make others trying to get it do both. Maybe have master unlock for those who have already received the legends title. It would give an incentive to those that don't have it to go for it.

or just keep the legend requirement as needing to explore both heroic and master while removing the pre-req to start in master quest.

• Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    It's simple. Add up the cost of all the energy you would use and allow any player with a certain Prestige or level but the key to unlock master.

Example I have 5600 prestige, obviously like all of you there is zero chance that I would take any damage for the entire quest.

Say it takes 15 energy refills. That is 450 units. make a key for 500 units and I would buy it every time.

As far as legend runs, if you chose to bypass heroic with the purchased key, you simply don't qualify for the legend title.

My two cents but with Kabam it may take 20 million cents to get them to change it!

This is a very good idea.
  • Options
    GringoLocoMattGringoLocoMatt Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Totally agree! Heroic gives some decent rewards, but usually I'm so burnt out by the time I 100% it, that I have no desire to do Master. I would much rather play Master then Heroic, but Kabam has made that impossible. So instead of allowing me to play content that I will find more challenging and engaging, I first have to mind-numbingly trudge through heroic and then maybe consider putting the effort in to Master just to keep up with everyone else.
    There is no reason for them to be locked anymore, except to continue annoying your greatest supporters.
    Remove this requirement and you will find your players getting more enjoyment out of the game.
  • Options
    Master Quest should be unlocked when you complete heroic the 1st time, make legend runs still require 100% exploration of both heroic and master, but STOP holding Master Level Hostage!
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It's been stated in the past that heroic is a requirement to ensure that people have what it takes to take in master mode.

Anyone else find it odd that within minutes many people posted for thier first/second time in this thread? Looks like engineering to me.
  • Options
    WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    Totally agree. Running Heroic is annoying
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    It's been stated in the past that heroic is a requirement to ensure that people have what it takes to take in master mode.

Anyone else find it odd that within minutes many people posted for thier first/second time in this thread? Looks like engineering to me.

maybe it was a 3rd party broadcast :)

So, there was a point in my original post where I almost put 100% of the player base would agree, but then I knew you'd come by so I changed it to "a high percentage "

If the point is to prove yourself worthy, then a single exploration of a heroic difficulty, in any month, should be sufficient
  • Options
    Stark88Stark88 Posts: 5
    Totally Agree. Heroic is irrelevant but it's one of those must have and hate to do things.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★

I think it is unnecessary for some. For me I am in between right now. Heroic is very easy, but master is too difficult for me to do more than the first chapter.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I agree with this post! I got to the point where I don't even do the monthly quest anymore. Having to 100% heroic pushed me to that decision.
  • Options
    SenseiSyenixSenseiSyenix Posts: 4
    The Same reason I am leaving both quests and not even doing it.. The Rewards suck for so much of time investment.. Its more boring than watching michael bay film..
    totally Agree with Mutamatt- The Prestige King.
  • Options
    OooOOooO Posts: 1
    They do it to squeeze more coin out of you, so it's unlikely to change
  • Options
    Yeah can't agree more!! What's heroic got to do with master difficulty definitely pointless and should be removed
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 282 ★★★
    I agree. For story quests you do not need to 100% explore any chapter/act to unlock the next one. Once you complete it once you can move to the next. It should be the same for the monthly quest.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    edited July 2017
    This has been brought up many times before and they still don't do anything about it. Heroic is a colossal waste of time for some people. By unlocking master, it literally has no effect on anyone else except it benefits people that don't want to waste their time autoplaying through all of heroic. They just want people to spend units on refills.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »

maybe it was a 3rd party broadcast :)

So, there was a point in my original post where I almost put 100% of the player base would agree, but then I knew you'd come by so I changed it to "a high percentage "

If the point is to prove yourself worthy, then a single exploration of a heroic difficulty, in any month, should be sufficient

Why do you have to make it a personal attack on me? I didn't even leave an opinion I simply parroted what Kabam has said in the past. Come off it.
  • Options

i don't see why this matters. if people can't get through it, either they spend their way through it or they just go back to heroic.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Even master is too weak and please remove heroic...it doesnt make any sense

the game isn't created for you alone. there are a lot of people who have difficulty with heroic and a lot of people who can't complete master. removing things because you don't like it ruins it for everybody else. if you don't like it, just don't play it.
  • Options
    geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    110% agree
  • Options
    NekrosonarNekrosonar Posts: 34
    Absolutely agree! The heroic quest is becoming more agitating now.
  • Options
    Agree I don't remember the last time I didn't autofight a whole heroic quest.
  • Options
    This would be awesome! Heroic isn't a challenge for some so why force full explore?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The solution is to make heroic as difficult as master and double the difficulty of master mode. Of course increase rewards accordingly.

Kabam there is not excuse, master mode aint master. You need to make master mode as hard as 5.2.4 and double the rewards.
  • Options
    I agree, I never do master as heroic takes all my time/patience with the game
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah all my RL friends and alliance mates have echoed these sentiments for months now, imo a harder difficulty than master should probably be given consideration as anyone with 1-2 5/50 is smashing it out with relative ease and minimal if any item use. Also the legend title would hold more weigh if you had challenging content and not just a race of best device and boosters.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I have no problem with it being required for a legends run, but I won't be doing that probably as it's just a money grab.

Heroic level is boring to me. i'd rather have it be required for 1 run thru to unlock master.