Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Scaling power of 6 stars

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
A 4/40 4 star = 5 star Rank 2
A 5/50 4 star = 5 star Rank 3

Why in the world 6 star champs dont follow the scale.

Currently a 6 star rank 1 = 5 star 4/55
Currently a 6 star rank 2 = 5 star 5/65

This does not make sense at all.

It should have been:

A 5 star rank 3 = 6 star rank 1
A 5 star rank 4 = 6 star rank 2
A 5 star rank 5 = 6 star rank 3

When we are able to rank 3 6 star 4 stars will be straight garbage. Why devaluate our effort so much?

Why not properly scale 5 star vs 6 star so we get incentive to rank 5 stars.

I personally cannot rank anybody and I am holding almost maxed out on all t4cc and t2A.

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

It should have been:

When we are able to rank 3 6 star 4 stars will be straight garbage. Why devaluate our effort so much?

I personally cannot rank anybody and I am holding almost maxed out on all t4cc and t2A.

All my 6* are trash and I won’t get another for a few months. I’m sure others are in the same boat. That’s plenty of reason to keep ranking 5*.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Because the 5* scale is wrong. If 5* champions were the last tier champion to be introduced and rank up materials were going to be permanently restricted, then the game design justification for 5* champions scaling like they do would be that T4CC would permanently restrict rank up progress, so it would be reasonable to design progression so that both 4* rank 5 and 5* rank 3 were unlocked with the same scarce resource, and 5* rank 4 would then require an even rarer astronomically difficult to get resource.

But if you're going to introduce 6* champions, then you can't hold those rank up materials permanently restricted, particularly T4CC. In that case, it will become relatively easy to rank up 4* to 5/50 and then 5* champions only have significant progressional value at rank 4 and higher. That means most of their ranks are progressionally redundant which is objectively broken in design. 6* champions are actually correctly scaled relative to 5* champions; they are immediately at an appropriate power level at rank 1 relative to 5* champions. There's no catalyst bottleneck to get them to a point equal to the bottlenecked progress point for 5* champions, which mostly exists at rank 4.

The problem is not that 6* champs don't follow the progressional pattern of 5* champs, it is that the progressional pattern of 5* champs is broken and 6* champs shouldn't follow it.

Very smart post bro. Never tought about it.
  • Options
    The
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

It should have been:

All my 6* are trash and I won’t get another for a few months. I’m sure others are in the same boat. That’s plenty of reason to keep ranking 5*.

At some point that wont hold true. The content will be just like LOL. If you dont have a rank 2 or rank 3 6 star the Quest maps and LOL 2.0 will be locked for you or you will have to spend to get it.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited October 2018
    The scale is the same it was for 5 stars years ago.

look
    a 4* at r1 is around the same PI a r3 3* and above a maxed 2*.
    a 5* at r1 is around the same PI a r3 4* and above a maxed 3*.
    see the pattern?
    a 6* at r1 is around the same PI a r4 5* and above a maxed 4*.
    They're all above an maxed champ that has two star less than them. though a 6* is equal to a r4 5* mainly because a 4* has more ranks than a 3* so it'll require more ranks for a 5* to surpass a 4*. instead of only 2 like in the 4*-3* case.

Also, this is the whole progression of the game. 3* became useless some time after 5* were released. some day same thing will happen to 4*, just adapt to the game progression or did you complain about 3* becoming useless? Idk about 4* becoming trash though. they have been used for a lot of players for act 5 exploration (me included), and proved a lot of usefulness. also there might be a long way until we see r3 6*s

Making a 6* r1 equal to a Maxed 4* won't do anything at all though, just will make us waste more resources on a 6* champ. why in the world would you want that? getting t2a is already hard enough.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    No one wants to spend more T2A on 6*s. Having them at the same stats as 4/55 5*s prevents a total drought of T2A.
  • Options
    jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    You're complaining that eventually your 4*s won't be valuable, like you still use your 3*s in end-game content?

The whole point of higher star champs is to make lower tiers obsolete. 6 stars are so rare and hard to rank, there's nothing wrong with their scaling.
  • Options
    LowercaseCube42LowercaseCube42 Posts: 143
    The only reason 6 stars don’t follow the scale is simply so that a 6 star you just got at rank 1 level 1 is practically the same as a max 4 star (other than the adrenaline of course)
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    By the time 4*s become useless to you, you’ll have enough r4+ 5*s to make up for it
  • Options
    The only reason 6 stars don’t follow the scale is simply so that a 6 star you just got at rank 1 level 1 is practically the same as a max 4 star (other than the adrenaline of course)

A 6 star rank one is a 5 star 4/55
  • Options
    Alpha07 wrote: »

look
    see the pattern?
    They're all above an maxed champ that has two star less than them. though a 6* is equal to a r4 5* mainly because a 4* has more ranks than a 3* so it'll require more ranks for a 5* to surpass a 4*. instead of only 2 like in the 4*-3* case.

Also, this is the whole progression of the game. 3* became useless some time after 5* were released. some day same thing will happen to 4*, just adapt to the game progression or did you complain about 3* becoming useless? Idk about 4* becoming trash though. they have been used for a lot of players for act 5 exploration (me included), and proved a lot of usefulness. also there might be a long way until we see r3 6*s

Making a 6* r1 equal to a Maxed 4* won't do anything at all though, just will make us waste more resources on a 6* champ. why in the world would you want that? getting t2a is already hard enough.

Good loluck using a 4 star for Act 6 and LOL 2.0.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,062 ★★★★★

look
    see the pattern?

I bet we will have some limitations like danger rooms in act 6. maybe chapter x allows only champs with x stars or smth like that. so you will have to use 1* in act 6, wich is nice actually
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279

look
    see the pattern?

Is LOL 2.0 comfirmed?
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited October 2018

look
    see the pattern?

Were they even a bit used in the First LOL? other than obviously SL but with lots of items.

Other thing to add is that 4* I believe will be useful in the first or first two chapters of the 6th Act. chapter 3 and up I doubt it. though you will have enough r4 5*+ to make up for it. the exact same thing happened with 3* years ago. they were rendered useless as soon act 5 came out or maybe even before.