Options

Really! Epic Occult Lab Dormmamu

2»

Comments

• Options
    Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    First time in I was devastated by a Magneto!! A frigging Magneto with 200% powergain , the no damage until 15 hits or more node, countertactics, 90% armor, chaos, and aspect of death.

Second time though I didnt use a single potion
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    So essentially anything less than a full 4/55 team is insufficient to do epic. Good to know so don't bother wasting an entry.

High score for taking comments out of context. I brought those champs to cover all potential nodes. Voodoo for path clearer and power control, Sentinel for poison/bleed/biohazard nodes, Proxima for her true strike, Crossbones for defensive ability accuracy reduction, and Gulk for passive DOT. I'll post a video sometime this week of clearing Epic with 4*s.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can do epic twice and get a hundred percent for each?

Yes you can.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,073 ★★★★★
    dorm is okay, I'd wish they removed bugged champs like medusa from labs
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Only issue I had was the swap health bars node not working properly. I went into a fight that had this node with a 1 health corvus. Our health bars never switched. Somehow during the fight I kept the opponents health bar because I was at 100% for the rest of the fight. I never switched back to my 1 health. Was hoping to have a quick fight once the health bars switched but that didn’t work as intended
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @zeezee57 I'm a man of my word. I cleared Epic Difficulty using 4*s today. My team was Hyperion, Void, Magik, Iceman, and Killmonger. I had much worse RNG with nodes this run than I did yesterday. It took me a level 2 revive and 3 randomizers to clear Classic Ultron, a level 1 revive and 15 level 2 potions to clear Sentry, 1 randomizer to clear King Groot, 4 level 2 revives and 3 randomizers to clear IMIW, 1 randomizer to clear Cap IW, and 0 items to clear 90s Cyclops (RIP effectiveness).

That's 6 total revives, 15 total potions, and 8 randomizers to clear Epic difficult with 4*s. You can check out the run here:

https://youtu.be/k6asLlWDGLU
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,843 Guardian
    edited October 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Counter Tactics was the issue there. Each hit you did increased his degen damage. Now we all know not to face that. Even Gulk wouldn't live.

So your saying his awakened ability is covered under a 'base attack'? I also dont believe that even has anything to do with the 50k degen in 10sec

your post says 5k degen. so if it was more than that, then yes, base attack plays into it

You are right. it is 5k. Lol, whoops, but still even 5k a tick is 5+ ticks and you are done

5k over 10 seconds doesn't mean 5k per tick over 10 seconds, it means 5k total over ten seconds. It would actually be 250 per tick, because DoT usually ticks twice per second.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,843 Guardian
    Brought 5/65 Voodoo, 5/65 Sentinel, 4/55 Proxima, 4/55 Crossbones, and 4/55 Gulk. 1st Epic run used 1 randomizer and lost Voodoo and Crossbones. 2nd Epic run used 0 randomizers and lost Voodoo, Crossbones, and Gulk. 0 items used both runs. Enjoyed the challenge.

So essentially anything less than a full 4/55 team is insufficient to do epic. Good to know so don't bother wasting an entry.

Your effectiveness is your skill times your team strength. The more skill you have, the less strong your team needs to be. The stronger your team is, the less skill you need to win. I wouldn't attempt Epic with a team of 5/50s, but I do bring 5/50s into Epic (I've brought OG Vision, Ghost Rider, and Magik as 5/50s into Epic).
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★
    If you aren’t ready for the challenge, don’t complain when you get beaten.

It’s a tough fight sure, but I can immediately think of a wide array of champs who would be able to beat him. Literally any champ with a stun on sp1, Gambit, Spark, Kang etc would stun lock. Luke cage is another option with his sig in case the stun fails.

Magik would destroy him easily, intercept power lock. Gulk would as well. Blade is not an option for dormamu really. Bleed immune and danger sense can only go so far.

You need to bring a balanced team ready for any situation, yours really wasn’t ready for a dormamu.
  • Options
    My goal is typically to not use that amount of items on a side quest. If I need a revive occasionally that's one thing but I'd prefer to save item use for act 5 exploration, to wrap up UC exploration etc. Still, kudos on the clearance with just 4*. I'll give epic a go once I'm done ranking my symbioid

Know what you mean. That run started off horribly, I lost 3 champs the 1st fight against Ultron Classic. That fight also some bad RNG luck with nodes and it didn't help I went with Void instead of Magik when a randomizer rolled resistor. The 3rd to last fight against IMIW also had some bad RNG, optimist with 200% power gain gave IMIW guaranteed auto-block and never-ending power gain.

Besides those two fights the run wasn't too bad. Great point about using our max symbiote for epic difficulty runs, he'd make fights against 37K+ PI 6*s much easier.
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    edited October 2018
    If you aren’t ready for the challenge, don’t complain when you get beaten.

It’s a tough fight sure, but I can immediately think of a wide array of champs who would be able to beat him. Literally any champ with a stun on sp1, Gambit, Spark, Kang etc would stun lock. Luke cage is another option with his sig in case the stun fails.

Magik would destroy him easily, intercept power lock. Gulk would as well. Blade is not an option for dormamu really. Bleed immune and danger sense can only go so far.

You need to bring a balanced team ready for any situation, yours really wasn’t ready for a dormamu.

Dont tell me I'm not ready man. You know nothing about me or my gameplay. I've run every epic since then no problem. I love the people that show up sometimes who think they walk on water.

So I def dont have a Kang nor do I have a Spark nor, on day 1, would I bring Gambit and LC wasnt a thought either. I thought I brought a pretty balanced team. Didnt expect the level 200 Dormammu. Dead in 15 seconds or whatever it was.
  • Options
    Dont tell me I'm not ready man. You know nothing about me or my gameplay. I've run every epic since then no problem. I love the people that show up sometimes who think they walk on water.

So I def dont have a Kang nor do I have a Spark nor, on day 1, would I bring Gambit and LC wasnt a thought either. I thought I brought a pretty balanced team. Didnt expect the level 200 Dormammu. Dead in 15 seconds or whatever it was.

@Stevie_Stars1 Did you try removing the dexterity mastery for that fight? That's how players have been soloing Dormammu AW bosses with Blade for over a year.
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    ov3d7lid17w9.jpg

Quake is the answer to this fight.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,631 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Only issue I had was the swap health bars node not working properly. I went into a fight that had this node with a 1 health corvus. Our health bars never switched. Somehow during the fight I kept the opponents health bar because I was at 100% for the rest of the fight. I never switched back to my 1 health. Was hoping to have a quick fight once the health bars switched but that didn’t work as intended

@Deadbyrd9 I thought I was the only one seeing weird Health Bar swaps. Mine have seemed to miss swapping at times and at other times seem to swap far too frequently. Is the 4 seconds every 10 seconds constant or does the node shift the timing?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @DrZola I’ve only had this happen the one time where my health bar never swapped with the opponent properly. Magik can make some weird things happen with limbo when this node is active. I’ve healed the opponent before becak to full with limbo.