Options

Is the new featured crystal worth it?

Is the new featured crystal worth it? 123 votes

Yes
51%
ArcDeAngelusDNA3000GroundedWisdomGamerRagamugginGunnerSuperChronaHaji_Saab2StarKingHort4AraevinallinashesSuperman69nameplasVinitlalka1988Darkrider05Jim0172Notcho59khehmistStucatAnonymous346 63 votes
No
48%
Madman_marvinBigPoppaCBONEDrZolaLeNoirFaineantSeverus35ChadhoganWorld EaterRaganatorMaximus_SpankersonNguyenDauJadedhephaestusadqqedfyvrDaredevi1Fan7GrafikdevGNASTYAquamaHeadrollerJohnyzeroAshburn 60 votes

Comments

• Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No
    No
  • Options
    AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    No
    Lower grade players as top prizes. No. And it’s still 60/40. Korg and Emma are the only gamble and that’s like 1 in 20.
  • Options
    JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    No
    One word; Karnak
  • Options
    SaikologicalSaikological Posts: 45
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Yes, actually quite a few really nice ones and still a way higher chance of getting something decent when compared to the regular crystal.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,920 ★★★★★
    it depends on the roster you have, they're some great champs but also some alright. Also most of them u can get in basic
  • Options
    No
    I aint wastin another 5k shards for that..
    Definitely gonna save
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,262 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Im wuld say the new one is worth it. Ghost is pretty much a good champ
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Yes
    For me it is. It has 3 champs in my top 5 favourite that I don’t have as 5*s.(Emma, Ghost and Quake). I will be buying these like nobody’s business
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    It’s subjective. If you have a lot of those champs already and want to dupe then yes. I haven’t Karnak, carnage, DOCTOR VOODOO, and googles undupped and I really want Blade and omega red so I’m considering it tbh. I just wish Stark sparky was in it as well. P
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Yes
    I want RedSkull so I will go for it
  • Options
    Yes
    Blade,quake and heimdal
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    No
    Gamer wrote: »

but your chances of getting Ghost are about 1/20.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    No
    Honestly the only featured crystal that has been worth it has been this current featured IMO (I don't mean the one that goes up next week I mean the one with domino and corvus
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Yes
    I’m not one to go for featured crystals. But honestly this one looks amazing, Venom and Carnage, Blade, Quake, Voodoo, along with the 6 featureds, it’s a pretty good 50/50 shot at a good champ or an average one, both Spider-Man characters also aren’t bad
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Yes
    About half the crystal is good, and half the crystal is trash.
    Perfect balance, as all things should be
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,588 ★★★★★
    No
    Very significant downside. I suppose if you want a SL or Voodoo dupe or have faith you can score an otherwise unavailable champ, then it might be ok. But the clunkers in there are rage-quit material.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Yes
    I run suicides so this is actually the crystal for me. The extra 5k burns me but I'm going for it.
  • Options
    Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    edited October 2018
    Ghost, Blade, Voodoo, Omega, Emma Frost, Venom, Heimdall are all great champs to get imo.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Yes
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

but your chances of getting Ghost are about 1/20.

1 in 24
  • Options
    Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 99
    Maybe is a good shot for me by the fact that I have an awakening gem waiting for Star Lord, have resources to take blade to rank 4 or I could finally dupe my Voodoo and take him to rank 4. Depends on your roster.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m gonna give it a shot. Chance to get my blade duped, getting Emma, omega red, or korg. Main reason why I’m buying it is korg
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I’m hoping for omega red would love him
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,755 Guardian
    Yes
    I'm in a very odd position. I just reviewed the new featured contents and compared to my roster. I am *compelled* to buy the featured crystal come end of October. I cannot justify buying the basic crystal at all.

I have 51 5* champions at the moment, about half of the available amount. And yet, of the twenty four champs in the upcoming crystal, I have exactly three: Star Lord, Howard the Duck, and Blade. And my SL is not awakened. That means if I pull the featured crystal I have a 23 out of 24 chance to either get a new champ, awaken a god tier champ, or add signature levels to my strongest champ.

As an arena grinder the only champ in the crystal I do not want is Howard the Duck. Everything else is good. Even OML, even Red Skull. If I pull a basic, I have an almost 50/50 chance of duplicating an existing champ, and the odds of awakening a champ I really want to awaken is low. Anything other than awakening a high tier champ doesn't help much. A bad but new champ helps me far more than a good but not great awakening.

I never thought I would be here when these featureds were first announced, but I can honestly say that every single champion in it is something I want, with just one exception.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Yes
    Though other crystals have had a better spread of good champs, this one finally has champs that would advance my roster further.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    No
    It could be worth it depending on your roster