**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Reconnect Button pop up multiple Times

CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
edited October 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
As the thread name indicates its not like a week ago when the reconnect Button used to Pop up 1 time, After a longer time of non playing on the device.
Now i had to push it (useally) 3 or 4 Times. Sometimes He pops 3 Times in row up with me doing Nothing.
Sometimes i had to push it everytime. My record is 6.
When you push the button and lay your device down for loading, Getting a Coffee, and you come back an See the button still waiting for just another Tab, it is a bit anoying.

Will this be changed back? Or this now permanent due to some New Code?

All Android Devices i testet got this. Anyone Else?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Same for me, except it's only 2 popups. Haven't seen anything more
  • BDP_JoeyBDP_Joey Posts: 5
    I am experiencing the same issue constantly.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    3 times, whit the annoying google games app popup first
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Same here. If it does that I often have to quit and restart. It’ll simply hang.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Had it do 4 times yesterday
  • OmegaDexionOmegaDexion Posts: 45
    It is happening to my iPhone 7 as well, have tried updating to newest IOS and restarting my phone but the issue still persists
  • TaibenTaiben Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Same behavior here.

If they're going to make code changes though, here's an idea: just have it reconnect automatically without even a single prompt. If there's a reason for giving people the option not to reconnect (maybe to support multiple devices?) put something in options where you can skip even one prompt.
  • Goldcup7Goldcup7 Posts: 41
    Same here on Android Galaxy Tab. The game told me I needed to do the update yesterday so I did (looks like it was meant to fix Android endless login delay, which I never had a problem with). Now the reconnect prompt pops up about 3 or 4 times when I've left the game idle.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    3 times for me asweel. One just desperio and 2 im hav to click.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Yeah it’s been happening to me for the last few days. On WiFi and everything but the game says I need to reconnect.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Did we receive any info on this? It's been a month with this issue.
    Also now the game sometimes never loads, it gets stuck on the loading screen forcing me to restart the game in order to play.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Cassy wrote: »
    As the thread name indicates its not like a week ago when the reconnect Button used to Pop up 1 time, After a longer time of non playing on the device.
    Now i had to push it (useally) 3 or 4 Times. Sometimes He pops 3 Times in row up with me doing Nothing.
    Sometimes i had to push it everytime. My record is 6.
    When you push the button and lay your device down for loading, Getting a Coffee, and you come back an See the button still waiting for just another Tab, it is a bit anoying.

Will this be changed back? Or this now permanent due to some New Code?

All Android Devices i testet got this. Anyone Else?

I’m on iPhone (iOS) and I get the pop ups too. It’s always 2 or 3.
  • edited November 2018
    Hey y'all!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're sorry to hear it's happening. We want to get this looked into, but first a few questions in addition to passing this along:

What device/OS are you on?
    Are you trying on WiFi or Data?
    What were you loading into? Quest, War, etc... ?

Thank you in advance and thank you to those who already gave this information!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Same, I have to hit it a bunch of times before it actually starts reconnecting.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Huawei tablet, Sony xa1
    Both Android 7

Happening on both connections ways

Whenever you left the device to long in standby and the game states i have to reconnect. Regardless what Mode was played before.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Hey y'all!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're sorry to hear it's happening. We want to get this looked into, but first a few questions in addition to passing this along:

What device/OS are you on?
    Are you trying on WiFi or Data?
    What were you loading into? Quest, War, etc... ?

Thank you in advance and thank you to those who already gave this information!

WiFi: AT&T
    Data: Verizon
    iPhone 8 Plus (RED)

Happens every time I tab out of the game for a few seconds, it also ends up killing a champ in arena saying “An error has occurred” pressing ok, and then I automatically lose the fight before even starting it.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Samsung Galaxy S9+, latest software
    Any game mode

Basically, if I have the game running and I set my phone down for an extended period of time (usually at least 30 min), the game will "time out" and ask me to reconnect.

This by itself isn't a big deal. It's actually expected that the game has to reload in some capacity (soft restart of sorts) since it includes so many online interactions that are disabled by the phone going to standby/sleep mode.

The issue is that said soft restart is triggered 2-3 times and can lead to serious lag and/or the game freezing.
  • Hi all! We are working on a fix for this issue for an upcoming update.
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★
    Iphone Xs, latest OS, 12.1 I think. Wifi and cellular

This happens to me multiple times a day. Reconnect button pops 2-3 times in a row.

ALSO, most of the time when I open the app the social chat window automatically opens, instead of main screen or screen I was on before. I think the app is registering a 'click' in the screen area to the left of the notch even though I'm not pressing it. Thanks
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Samsung Galaxy s6
    Latest Software
    Wi-Fi
    Leaving the app idle for a few minutes. Needing to reconnect 5 times.