**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

account sharing in game message

Comments

• EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    only really enforceable when someone finishes a LoL run
    The_One wrote: »
    Is it really enforceable though?

If some one logs into their account in the US then an hour later in the UK this is obvious account sharing but if my mate that lives 20 minutes down the road from me logs into my account on his phone and finishes a path of AQ because I'm busy, how would they ever know?

That could just be me logging into my own account on my wife's phone while I wait for her to finish shopping

only really enforceable when someone finishes a LoL run

Apparently, that isn't even true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6o25cv/alliance_members_account_was_hacked_and_completed/

Also, about Bluestacks not being allowed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/51389#Comment_51389

A player posted a picture of them using it on your own forums. Quickly checking in the game shows their account is still active.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    JP4M wrote: »
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

Quer dizer q se eu compartilhar a conta com um amigo msm q seja pra ele fazer meu caminho em AQ pq eu n estou podendo jogar eu vou ser banido?

Sim. Isso é partilha de contas.
  • KSiebsKSiebs Posts: 12
    chunkyb wrote: »
    What if I use a VPN from time to time? There are other apps I use that require me to use different locations. Sometimes, I remember to kill the VPN connection before jumping into mcoc, sometimes I don't. So my location would look pretty erratic. I'd hate to catch heat for something so innocent while the top alliances are free to do as they wish. In the end, my fake or real location is none of kabam's business tbh.

I have this same question. A few months ago I emailed support regarding VPN usage and was never given an answer. I was simple directed to the TOS which I actually decided to read through (mostly). There is no mention directly of VPNs but it is unclear whether it would be classified as a banned third-party app.

If I am using a VPN to keep myself safe on public wifi or for other legitimate purposes, it could direct traffic to multiple IP addresses/countries. I'd love to know if it is allowed as I'm sure there are many people who use a VPN daily.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    grud9e wrote: »
    You are contradicting the in-game message Miike. "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to complete."

Which is it? account sharing or account sharing with someone using a cheat?

It's both. Account sharing is not allowed, and cheating is not allowed. Account sharing with somebody that uses cheats is not allowed either.

Are you going to ban Seatin? In one of his videos he is using a friends account to discuss Stark Enhanced Spidey?
  • Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    @Fluffy that's just video people sent into him. He never actually gets on others accounts during his videos.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Bearz_Rule wrote: »
    @Fluffy that's just video people sent into him. He never actually gets on others accounts during his videos.
    ^
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

What if I'm more skilled than my neighbor who also plays, and I go to his house to complete the Spiderman quest on his device ? It is typically account sharing, and there's no way you know if he plays or if I do.
    Heck, what if all my alliance meets in a restaurant and we swap phones to check and test each other characters or masteries ? Also account sharing, also no way to tell.
  • BakedBaked Posts: 3
    I can share what I want how do u have the right to tell me otherwise this belongs to me.. i paid the money why can't a friend of mine who likes to fight but has no time for his own account not be allowed to play on my account. It mages no sense. First you jam us with 12.0 now this. You guys are getting really really selfish... I think it's time for another boycott.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Hey mike sorry to bother you but my daughter and my self have accounts me iPad Air her iphone6. A lot of times during aq and aw or when playing above her level in story or events, she will login in to her account on my iPad ( she likes the bigger screen) and since she can't use her iPad 2 anymore she's pretty well stuck doing it this way.
    Is this cheating she is loging into her own account playing herself on her account she is just doing it on my device.

Should I have her stop???

"Account sharing" is when a human being logs into a game account that is not their own account, or when a human being gives access to their game account to someone else. It is not when a device is used by two accounts or when a human being has two accounts. The "sharing" in the term "account sharing" involves a single game account accessed by two or more *people*.

You can log into your game account and play the game on any number of devices. You can own any number of accounts. A single device can be used by any number of people. None of those things, in and of themselves, is account sharing. What you're describing is device sharing. Device sharing does not violate the TOS as far as I can see.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Baked wrote: »
    I can share what I want how do u have the right to tell me otherwise this belongs to me.. i paid the money why can't a friend of mine who likes to fight but has no time for his own account not be allowed to play on my account. It mages no sense. First you jam us with 12.0 now this. You guys are getting really really selfish... I think it's time for another boycott.

It doesn't belong to you XD
  • Its_RohaNIts_RohaN Posts: 68
    @Kabam Miike if i use vpn then it vill show my location in different country so i vii also get banned in name of account sharing
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol
  • tlhtlh Posts: 41
    Baked wrote: »

You should read the TOS you agree to by playing the game lol
  • BlackGoatBlackGoat Posts: 11
    edited July 2017
    Can someone please point out the section of the TOS which forbids account sharing.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    As in every other game, the account you use is just "on rent" from the game devs. WHich means sharing it with other people is against the TOS and punishable. This is a general rule.

that said:

1) Every mmo like game has and will alwais have account sharing.
    2)Account sharing without cheating or using mods shouldn't be pursued, as long as there's not exploits (crazy arena scores done by 2 or more people, ie).
    3)Account sharing with someone using mods HAS to be punished, without any left trace. If you werent aware how your buddy could clear things for you that easy, you should have questioned when he told you "no potions needed". your fault.

As last and final point, @Kabam Miike , i'd be very cautious on the account sharing policy. Every major game house have and will alwais close one or couple eyes on it giving they don't cheat, else, you pretty much in for losing over half of your active players, which would kill your game..

Lastly, you may want to adapt finally timers to adjust to this.
    If you could be faster in both AQ and War loading up steps, people wouldn't need to log who'se at work, and so onAs things stands AQ requires you to be around for 24 hrs which is basically impossible for who works and have a daily normal life. And to be honest, there's no point into making the AQ filled with empty nodes which consumes you steps for nothing. The Whole meaning of the aq is to fight your way through prestige, a timer is ok to have, but shouldnt doom you, just define the beginning/end.

Even without mods or cheating, it is still an exploit. If you are sharing to get through AQ....you have an advantage over other alliances that are following the rules. Considering AQ is a point based competition...it is an exploit.
  • Rake2Rake2 Posts: 19
    Kabam Mike: If the account is shared with another member of the same alliance to advance in aw & aq?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Dred wrote: »
    I completely agree with the cheating aspect, people advertising to complete game content like LOL etc and getting paid for it. Not so much with account sharing within alliances. People have lives, takeing breaks and vacations. Are you saying that in order for them to do that they need to leave their alliance for the duration they are off game and then rejoin when they return, missing out on rewards as they are locked out for 7 or 10 days whatever it is. And if people go on vacation but stay in the alliance you are disabling the alliance by being a player or more down making AQ and AW more difficult or even impossible to complete. allowing people within your alliance to log in and do the odd AQ/AW fight is hardly the crime of the century. Unless you can issue some kind of holiday pass so we don't get locked out from rewards.

Again, confusion.

@Kabam Miike you need to be clear. This is either OK, or not. We need to have a definitive answer.

The answer is it is against TOS to give someone else your Login Info. It is also against TOS to use a Mod. It is against TOS to give your Login Info to someone using a Mod. All 3 are not "OK". Account Sharing for any reason is against TOS, and as such, are bannable offenses. This is not new. It has always been against TOS. The idea that people were allowed to get away with it is false. Regardless of how many people break the rules, it is the rule.
  • Bearz_Rule wrote: »

I was told he was opening crystals for a friend on the friend's account.
  • What u gonna do for loyal players... Dont u think they shud get something for loyalty and honesty? @Kabam Miike
    What u gonna do for loyal players... Dont u think they shud get something for loyalty and honesty? @Kabam Miike

Hahahaha, this community is ALWAYS looking for handouts for doing absolutely nothing. Mind-bottling ;)
  • tlhtlh Posts: 41
    edited July 2017
    BlackGoat wrote: »
    Can someone please point out the section of the TOS which forbids account sharing.

Looks like section 6 (not posting the entire thing since it's pretty long):

6. User Name & Password

You agree not to transfer or resell or otherwise convey your Account or the right to use your Account or rights therein to anyone.

You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time.
  • Ch0pstixCh0pstix Posts: 2
    Just something to fight Kabam with, the first sentence, "We would like to remind all of you that using cheat tools advertised on the internet are against our Terms of Service and WILL get your account banned." references the cheating with tools. The next sentence, "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to compete." can be understood as sharing your acct with another person or advertised service that's basically cheats for you. It doesn't make a clear separation that purely sharing your account is cheating, but because it's placed together implies that the use of a cheat but those persons is what is wrong. So if a lot of people are banned from just sharing accounts with alliance members, and many I'm sure have spent tons of money over the year(s), I think they have a good case for a class action lawsuit against Kabam. Any lawyers want to take Kabam on?
    Rake2 wrote: »
    Kabam Mike: If the account is shared with another member of the same alliance to advance in aw & aq?

Kabammiike answered this in another thread

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11035/the-acct-sharing-bans#latest
  • MissyMissy Posts: 16
    edited July 2017
    Lol kabam I don't think there are any alliances doing map 6 not sharing accounts.. well never saw that. Up to you to make realistic schedule for map 6 so people are not forced to share accounts.. I don't like logging on others so I just opted not to play map 6. But well good luck if you need to ban 90% of map 6 players ^-^. @Kabam Miike

And huge thx to mercs to make everyone else pay for them to make money... greedy players.. with no conscience.
  • BakedBaked Posts: 3
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Bearz_Rule wrote: »

I was told he was opening crystals for a friend on the friend's account.

He was warned for that and has not done it since, unfortunately. ;)
    What u gonna do for loyal players... Dont u think they shud get something for loyalty and honesty? @Kabam Miike

You get to keep playing...

"I want a prize for doing what I was supposed to do...."

lol
    @Ch0pstix also wrong. TOS as cited above by @tlh
This discussion has been closed.