**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NERF ÆGON right now, before it's too late.

Comments

• NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    I see people are taking it as he's an OP defender. Hes not. And the OP isn't saying ANYTHING like that. I Agree 100% with him and @JC_ I haven't even fought Ægon yet but after seeing videos this dude is INSANSE he is like a combination of Blade and StarLord. His abilities aren't even funny I have never in my time of playing this game seen abilities like this. So he has tenacity ? Cruelty ? Enhanced cruelty ? Destroys ur block profiency ? And all this can be gained in 1 fight almost. Yeah LOL Rulk will be destroyed faster with this guy than SL can do it. Hes not a champion that should exist. I knew like everyone else he was gonna be a great champion. But now... After seeing his abilities. Its not even fair anymore. He is StarLord but with 10X more utility.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Why ask to nerf a champion that no one has yet?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

Read his abilities in the quest. He’s absurd
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Savio444 wrote: »

Read his abilities in the quest. He’s absurd
    I have read his ability’s but why would you call for a nerf, when no one has even tried the champion out. There could be a down side or something. Remember when proxima midnight came out, all the damage she could do but then later on people saw how long the ramp up took...
    Plus I prefer it when they nerf champs with content instead of a direct champion nerf. Not that I like nerfs.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Ladies and gentlemen if you thought Emma Frost was too good...

HERES YA BOI AEGON
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    ON12355 wrote: »
    V1PER - as you can see, I do not comment here very often, I have 7 posts overall...And I don't ask this because I can't beat him, I'm already past him in uncollected difficulty so that's not an issue. But if you are familiar with game mechanics, you know this guy is over the edge and my demand is adequate. I just don't want to see this game went to xxx...

A nerf post is a nerf post. This isn’t the first time people asked for a nerf because he’s too OP offensively either. People always overreact. It’s day freaking one and already with the nerf post. You can read his abilities and face him on some souped up nodes but there has been no consistent gameplay videos using him so it’s hard to tell how good he will actually be. Just because a champ looks good on paper doesn’t mean he will be as good in practice. I just wish people would stop crying nerf in the first few hours of a release. It gets annoying.

Well, people cried about nerf of Blade and turned out to be right. And it makes more sense to want nerf sooner before later. If you let players to spend s*load of money and resources to get him and rank him up, you can never ever nerf him after. That's obvious.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    God in attack or defence?
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    For the record even if I thought it was obvious from the post: I'm not calling for nerf because him as a boss in month event quest, he is easy to beat as defender, that's also, well, obvious. He needs to be nerfed because of his OP offensive abilities which will cripple meta of this game the same way Blade did. There will be once again huge dividing gap between players who DO or DON'T have Ægon and this game will be totaslly different experience for each group from that point of view. That's not what we want here.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Its not like he's OP has a defender, he's never going to get more than 10 hits if you are fighting against him in AW/AQ. He will be very useful in AW Offense.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    V1PER - as you can see, I do not comment here very often, I have 7 posts overall...And I don't ask this because I can't beat him, I'm already past him in uncollected difficulty so that's not an issue. But if you are familiar with game mechanics, you know this guy is over the edge and my demand is adequate. I just don't want to see this game went to xxx...

XXX?.. 🤔
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Part of the reason Aegon is so OP currently is because he is sitting on a bunch of nodes that make his abilities ramp up quite quickly. Every 5 seconds he adds 10 to his combo meter which means after about 40 seconds of playing against him, he is going to start penetrating your block with ridiculous damage. This is just one of those fights where you need serious AA reduction, or high damage output right at the beginning of the fight.

Aegon is going to be very much a ramp up champion. Some of his abilities don't kick in until he has 750-1000 combo hits in a quest. Most of the time you aren't ever going to get to that point. I'll agree that he is a difficult fight without the right champ, however, I don't think we can call for nerfs until we see him without all of the ridiculous nodes that he has on him currently. And he for sure isn't going to be a good defender, because he will never be able to get into a combo.

Now The Champion on the other hand... He just seems like an excuse for Kabam to throw block penetration and unstoppable on the boss node in war, and then make him extremely powerful against the champions that typically solo bosses. I don't like his mechanics at all.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    ^this^
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @My_Superior

He is a marvel character that was created by kabam. There could be a day when you see an Aegon comic out there or in a movie long down the line. You're that this game is not as it intended, and that is a playable comic book.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

A nerf post is a nerf post. This isn’t the first time people asked for a nerf because he’s too OP offensively either. People always overreact. It’s day freaking one and already with the nerf post. You can read his abilities and face him on some souped up nodes but there has been no consistent gameplay videos using him so it’s hard to tell how good he will actually be. Just because a champ looks good on paper doesn’t mean he will be as good in practice. I just wish people would stop crying nerf in the first few hours of a release. It gets annoying.

Well, people cried about nerf of Blade and turned out to be right. And it makes more sense to want nerf sooner before later. If you let players to spend s*load of money and resources to get him and rank him up, you can never ever nerf him after. That's obvious.

How were people "right" about nerfing Blade? Blade hasn't been nerfed, we've had other champions introduced that are as powerful (or more powerful), and we've had counters to blade introduced, and the game moves on.

How exactly was the call to nerf blade "right"?

From where I'm sitting, it was an overreaction caused mainly by the fact it was the first rank 5 for many people, and they were comparing him to rank 4s....Blade wasn't changed, the game just added counters and other powerful champs.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »

How were people "right" about nerfing Blade? Blade hasn't been nerfed, we've had other champions introduced that are as powerful (or more powerful), and we've had counters to blade introduced, and the game moves on.

How exactly was the call to nerf blade "right"?

From where I'm sitting, it was an overreaction caused mainly by the fact it was the first rank 5 for many people, and they were comparing him to rank 4s....Blade wasn't changed, the game just added counters and other powerful champs.

It’s because at the time aw defense was basically just villains and mystics and blade countered most of them which made him a must have champ
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    For the record even if I thought it was obvious from the post: I'm not calling for nerf because him as a boss in month event quest, he is easy to beat as defender, that's also, well, obvious. He needs to be nerfed because of his OP offensive abilities which will cripple meta of this game the same way Blade did. There will be once again huge dividing gap between players who DO or DON'T have Ægon and this game will be totaslly different experience for each group from that point of view. That's not what we want here.

@ON12355 how do you know? Do you already have him? You have tested his offensive abilities out personally? Did you get early access to him?

No? Oh ok so you ARE basing this off the UC version which you shouldn't ever do. Blade isn't as OP as you are making him out to be as he relies on a few synergies to really make him great. You are always going to have champs that are better than others no matter what. Its part of the game.

If you get him, I bet you wont ask for a nerf at that point will you?
    edited November 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If Ægon becomes the new Blade I’m quitting this game; I came to fight with Marvel’s characters not Kabam’s.

If Marvel let's it in their game, it's their character too. Just saying.
    It’s not the ownership that matters it’s whether or not these characters are worthy. I hate to say it but only Guillotine meets the Marvel standard in my opinion so I seperate them into Marvel’s Characters and Kabam’s. Truth is Kabam’s characters fit well within Marvel’s more recent heroes like Thor (Jane Foster), Iron Man (Riri Williams), Hulk (Amadeus Cho), and Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan), but just because Marvel is experiencing a state of creative bankruptcy and can’t come up with a new IP to save their life, doesn’t mean that Kabam should flood the best Marvel Mobile game with characters who aren’t even part of Marvel Comics.

Regardless of your forum name, you dont decide who's worthy. Marvel and Kabam do. Kabam cant make a character without permission and approval from Marvel. Even if you separate them in your mind, hes not going anywhere and now has a place in Marvel history.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    lool i'm sorry mate never mix event quest champs with what we will get
    he has nothing crazy he's mainly a champion for loong fights
    / the champion in other hands is gonna be a crazy problem in aw
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    If Ægon becomes the new Blade I’m quitting this game; I came to fight with Marvel’s characters not Kabam’s.

such as groot ? hahaha
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    lool i'm sorry mate never mix event quest champs with what we will get
    he has nothing crazy he's mainly a champion for loong fights
    / the champion in other hands is gonna be a crazy problem in aw

Except he will be able to carry over his combo fight to fight so ye
    You know this argument is based on the premise that people are so selfish that they’d rather have an unfair advantage in a broken game than play a fair and challenging game. It’s essentially like saying “if you were using steroids I bet you wouldn’t tell the officials you were cheating!”

When it stops being the case as it happens everytime, I'll stop using the argument. Take a look at the "nerf blade" posts. 100's of them, then people got him. As the posts kept coming more and more people who got, him suddenly did a 180 and started saying not to nerf him. Its a continuous cycle.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Should we just neuter any high-performance Champs then?
    -.-
    You know this argument is based on the premise that people are so selfish that they’d rather have an unfair advantage in a broken game than play a fair and challenging game. It’s essentially like saying “if you were using steroids I bet you wouldn’t tell the officials you were cheating!”

When it stops being the case as it happens everytime, I'll stop using the argument. Take a look at the "nerf blade" posts. 100's of them, then people got him. As the posts kept coming more and more people who got, him suddenly did a 180 and started saying not to nerf him. Its a continuous cycle.

But it doesn’t happen every time; I have a duped 5-Star Blade at Rank 3 and still think he should get nerfed; Danger Sense should have no effect on nodes, his Sparky synergy should be with Classic Spider-Man, and 95% reduced debuff duration is too high. I even chose to Rank 4 Taskmaster over him because he actually takes a bit of skill to use.

95% is only at 3 bars of power and is the least useful ability on Blade.

So Taskmasters ability to become debuff immune after 10 placed debuffs is less effective than Blade staying at 3 bars of power in order to shrug off debuffs 95% faster?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    -.-

Well, they did it to Dr. Strange :wink:
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    -.-

Well, they did it to Dr. Strange :wink:

Those Champs stopped the game from being able to move forward.