**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Replacement for Duel system that was destroyed by recent changes

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
One thing that I do quite often in my down time is to find people with odd ball champs and practice by duelling them. For example, I have duelled Korg 100s of times by now with almost every champ in my roster (Thank you Sheto Brown for the early access). Same with IMIW, OG spidey etc.

The duel system currently works in two ways.
1. You go through the leaderboard and find a high prestige champ
2. Use a duel bot which sources data from people reporting to it. Those people make note of those champs while doing AW or Arena or just diligent scouring of the leaderboard and searches.

Two things happened in the recent days which have or are destroying this system:
1. Easy name change tokens: This has made the work of many data-base compilers invalid.
2. Profile pictures: this has made the leaderboard scour, a very difficult task. You have to now click on each profile to see which champion is available for duel. Same goes with AW opponents.

Now, I believe these changes are here to stay. And can't really ask for a rollback. So, what I am asking is that there should be a way to practice against champs similar to a duel system. Pick your target champ, and go in with any champ of your liking using the duel tokens. I don't imagine to be hard to implement. Or any other solution.

TL;DR:
The Duel system has been rendered ineffective by the name change and profile pic changes. The duel system is essential in honing your skill for most difficult / complex fights and just fun as compared to arena. As these changes are to stay, Kabam needs to implement a way to practice against champs.

Comments

• Where i don't disagree with your take on this matter and do very much agree having a place to practice against the harder champs to fight would be awesome especially if you could node them up with whatever BS fiesta nodes you want Kabam will never do this due to the fact if we all get really good at fighting the clown fiesta champs then Kabam wont get our units/revives/potions when we die to them all the time hence affecting there bottom line
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I completely agree with you. I usually duel a target if I can before going into a serious war fight, but now it is difficult to find targets. Not impossible but tedious to the point of it now being a chore.
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »
    One thing that I do quite often in my down time is to find people with odd ball champs and practice by duelling them. For example, I have duelled Korg 100s of times by now with almost every champ in my roster (Thank you Sheto Brown for the early access). Same with IMIW, OG spidey etc.

2. Use a duel bot which sources data from people reporting to it. Those people make note of those champs while doing AW or Arena or just diligent scouring of the leaderboard and searches.

Two things happened in the recent days which have or are destroying this system:
    1. Easy name change tokens: This has made the work of many data-base compilers invalid.
    2. Profile pictures: this has made the leaderboard scour, a very difficult task. You have to now click on each profile to see which champion is available for duel. Same goes with AW opponents.

Now, I believe these changes are here to stay. And can't really ask for a rollback. So, what I am asking is that there should be a way to practice against champs similar to a duel system. Pick your target champ, and go in with any champ of your liking using the duel tokens. I don't imagine to be hard to implement. Or any other solution.

TL;DR:
    The Duel system has been rendered ineffective by the name change and profile pic changes. The duel system is essential in honing your skill for most difficult / complex fights and just fun as compared to arena. As these changes are to stay, Kabam needs to implement a way to practice against champs.

Completely agree. Our duel bot team is working like crazy trying to keep up since this change.

I did get a reply from kabam about it in my thread here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/104979/on-profile-pics#latest

But I'm not holding my breath tbh.
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

TL;DR:

Completely agree. Our duel bot team is working like crazy trying to keep up since this change.

I did get a reply from kabam about it in my thread here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/104979/on-profile-pics#latest

But I'm not holding my breath tbh.

Not many people understand or see the work going behind the duel bot. They just post on a forum or LINE group and ask for a champ and someone, very quickly, gives them the champ to duel.

These changes are a huge impediment to the behind-the-scenes people working on those tools.

Not to mention how many duels are done for war practice. This community can do some great things, and many of those are very helpful to not only the players, but kabam as well.

Like you, I'm not asking for a roll back of something kabam has planned and put work into.. But just for them to be aware of the actual game play changes that some of the things they implement really effect.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Yea we need this system right now
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    I wish they would revert back to no duels. I remember when first released. Fun for all of 15 mins.
    Practice is fun but come on, now we are complaining how hard it is to find a duel?
  • SilentKiss wrote: »
    I wish they would revert back to no duels. I remember when first released. Fun for all of 15 mins.
    Practice is fun but come on, now we are complaining how hard it is to find a duel?

LOL that's exactly what we're doing. But for a reason
  • A while back I made a pie-in-the-sky suggestion on addressing the defunct duel system. I suggested that Kabam implement a way for us to "collect" duel targets. The idea is that players could, by accomplishing some goal, earn a "punching bag" version of a champion that they could duel against. Let's say the baseline would be defeat a 1* ten times and get the 1* version of that champion as a duel target in a special duel target roster the player could collect. From there, the player could duel that target directly without having to search for one. At higher star ratings it would take more effort, say fifty defeats for a 2*, one hundred defeats for a 3*, and so on. But there would be ways to earn credits faster than repetitively dueling the champion. Let's say if the champion variant shows up in event quest, every defeat in heroic earns two points, in master five points, and in epic/uncollected twenty points. Just by playing normally you would be earning points to unlock these duel targets, but you could also grind them out if you wanted to.

This would form the basis of a rudimentary accomplishment system were the duel targets were the trophies, and the points to unlock them were the accomplishment. You could eventually expand this to special champions like, say, Uncollected Thanos or the Collector if you wanted to. And you could also expand the system to eventually include ways to tag the duel targets with special buffs if you wanted to practice, say, stun immune spiderman.
  • I agree. I've had a lot of difficulty finding new duel targets lately.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    A while back I made a pie-in-the-sky suggestion on addressing the defunct duel system. I suggested that Kabam implement a way for us to "collect" duel targets. The idea is that players could, by accomplishing some goal, earn a "punching bag" version of a champion that they could duel against. Let's say the baseline would be defeat a 1* ten times and get the 1* version of that champion as a duel target in a special duel target roster the player could collect. From there, the player could duel that target directly without having to search for one. At higher star ratings it would take more effort, say fifty defeats for a 2*, one hundred defeats for a 3*, and so on. But there would be ways to earn credits faster than repetitively dueling the champion. Let's say if the champion variant shows up in event quest, every defeat in heroic earns two points, in master five points, and in epic/uncollected twenty points. Just by playing normally you would be earning points to unlock these duel targets, but you could also grind them out if you wanted to.

This would form the basis of a rudimentary accomplishment system were the duel targets were the trophies, and the points to unlock them were the accomplishment. You could eventually expand this to special champions like, say, Uncollected Thanos or the Collector if you wanted to. And you could also expand the system to eventually include ways to tag the duel targets with special buffs if you wanted to practice, say, stun immune spiderman.

Sounds pretty cool to me. I'd honestly settle for just about anything tho haha
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    The harder you find a duel target, the less you practice and the more Kabam earns.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    SilentKiss wrote: »

The duel event was always garbage. The ability to duel a champ you are having trouble fighting is very useful.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I agree..
    What do the mods think about this?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I don't like the limit of 5 duels daily. When trying to practice against a newer champ or just someone u aren't that familiar with 5 matches doesn't get you very far in a day without spending units. We need some way to practice against champs. How else are we supposed to "get gud!"
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I never did find a carnage to duel during the paradox event...went through 100 different searches and clicked on a couple of hundred profiles with special avitar pics and never found a one in anyones top 4. No one feels the love for him and that paradox event came and went without me winning squat from it. The dueling system is particularly troublesome now when it comes to locating a specific champ to duel.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I agree..
    What do the mods think about this?

Not sure .. they haven't said anything about it
    And I don't think they will too.
    Thread will probably get muted like the one with "low performance mode" request..