I’ve noticed a crystal rolling pattern and why it’s rigged

124»

Comments

  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    This is getting nowhere. You're not even hearing what I'm saying because "YouTube says so.". The reel is not rigged to land next to what you want. It doesn't happen all the time, and I doubt very highly they have some kind of deceptive RNG reel to disguise the actual RNG, which pops up a certain amount of time and intices people. We're going to have to disagree on this one. It's just conspiracy. That's my opinion.

    Wrong.

    Seriously, google slot machines. It's pretty standard practice to show top prizes as |near misses" to get people to spend more.

    It's not a Slot Machine. It's not even Gambling.

    Wrong.

    Sorry you disagree, but there's no payout involved.

    Are you honestly arguing that gambling is only gambling if it involves currency?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    This is getting nowhere. You're not even hearing what I'm saying because "YouTube says so.". The reel is not rigged to land next to what you want. It doesn't happen all the time, and I doubt very highly they have some kind of deceptive RNG reel to disguise the actual RNG, which pops up a certain amount of time and intices people. We're going to have to disagree on this one. It's just conspiracy. That's my opinion.

    Wrong.

    Seriously, google slot machines. It's pretty standard practice to show top prizes as |near misses" to get people to spend more.

    It's not a Slot Machine. It's not even Gambling.

    Wrong.

    Sorry you disagree, but there's no payout involved.

    Are you honestly arguing that gambling is only gambling if it involves currency?
    That’s more or less the legal definition of gambling. Also not the topic.
  • OneManArmyOneManArmy Posts: 1,982 ★★★★
    Yes. we know the percentages.... The issue I have is why show lies in the spin... If 100 champs pass by in the spin, shouldn't it show only 1 5*, I see like probably 1/3 or 40% 5* spinning around...then, like I said, what are the chances ...lands right next to a 5* on the right? 90% of the time? lol point is, spins and what you see are not reflective of reality..it should be.

    Why does it bother you so much?? Just dont spin... like for real there are waay more imortant things to get hung up on in this game. Just seems like a silly thing to get so worked up about
  • There is no pattern. Just rigged for youtubers to get better pulls to sucker you into buying crystals. Facts
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Wait are we actually debating whether crystals are similar to slot machines? 😂😂😂😂

    Ftr, they are no different. Only in semantics.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    That’s more or less the legal definition of gambling. Also not the topic.

    Sorry, you're wrong. Anything of value.

    dd3xzy2d5c3h.png

    Source: https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gambling/
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    That’s more or less the legal definition of gambling. Also not the topic.

    Sorry, you're wrong. Anything of value.

    dd3xzy2d5c3h.png

    Source: https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gambling/
    And you’re wrong because you do not own anything in this game from the account down, it has no value outside of entertainment purposes just like arcade games and going to the movies.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,560 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    That’s more or less the legal definition of gambling. Also not the topic.

    Sorry, you're wrong. Anything of value.

    dd3xzy2d5c3h.png

    Source: https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gambling/
    And you’re wrong because you do not own anything in this game from the account down, it has no value outside of entertainment purposes just like arcade games and going to the movies.

    That's the point I was trying to make but you're right. It was a sidetrack. I'll let it go.
  • My first 4 star was from a featured 150 unit Crystal. The moment I placed the Crystal on the reel to spin, I got an iOS game center notification of my First 4 star achievement. Before the scroll ever started.

    Proof the scroll is irrelevant to the outcome of the pull from a programming standpoint.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    That’s more or less the legal definition of gambling. Also not the topic.

    Sorry, you're wrong. Anything of value.

    dd3xzy2d5c3h.png

    Source: https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gambling/
    And you’re wrong because you do not own anything in this game from the account down, it has no value outside of entertainment purposes just like arcade games and going to the movies.

    I was unaware "anything of value" denoted ownership...

    By your own admission, it has value.
    Explain to me how something you do not own (have rights to), is intangible (does not phsyically exist), and by contract are allowed to use at the developers discretion can have any tangible value. Good luck.
    This is not the topic and I really do not wish to continue this argument. You do not own anything in this game and cannot take anything away from this game, it has zero value outside of entertainment purposes which you agreed to by contract with Kabam; even if you think/believe it does, the law is quite clear.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Explain to me how something you do not own (have rights to), is intangible (does not phsyically exist), and by contract are allowed to use at the developers discretion can have any tangible value. Good luck.
    This is not the topic and I really do not wish to continue this argument. You do not own anything in this game and cannot take anything away from this game, it has zero value outside of entertainment purposes which you agreed to by contract with Kabam; even if you think/believe it does, the law is quite clear.

    5l2h926qpdc6.jpg
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,560 ★★★★★
    What he's saying is we own nothing. The Account and the contents do not belong to us. Technically, we have nothing of value because we don't own it.
    Anywho, let's move on please. I didn't want it to turn into a separate discussion.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    You cropped out the part where it says all purchases are subject to our TOS, the TOS explains you have no righhts to those items.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    So say ur a kid right? All of your spending money comes from your parents. What if you steal a credit card and hustle your little self off to a casino and play your little heart out. The money isn’t yours and you have no right to it, so are you gambling?

    No, because you don’t own it *sarcasm*
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    I thought we established that ownership has nothing to do with "something of value".
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Hamin wrote: »
    I thought we established that ownership has nothing to do with "something of value".
    If you are engaged in the act of gambling then by legal definition you need to wager something of value. For something to have value you must be able to transfer it, possess it, etc in exchange for something else. By contract with Kabam you own nothing and have no rights to anything, nothing has any value as it is not your property and cannot be legally transferred.

    Your welcome to go blue in the face by yourself as at this point it’s become circular without reason. Research it rather than trying argue it. I suggest typing “do i own my video game account” into google.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    It DOESN’T, for the 1000000 time.

    Meet up with someone from the same alliance.

    Spin your crystal.

    Get your friend to check your alliance page BEFORE your spin animation stops.

    He’ll tell you what you will get.

    Sheesh.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    Also, Adora confirmed it literally (that the spin doesn’t matter) when she was asked to open a 5* crystal for Hector (I think) at NYCC this year.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    I don't think that in this case, it even matters the act of ownership or not. People still strive to improve their accounts and many, myself included, spend anywhere between a little bit to ridiculous amounts of cash to improve their accounts as much as possible, as quickly as possible. The fact that Kabam makes as much profit as is does from this game is proof that it IS in fact gambling, because regardless of ownership, players are willing to pay sometimes massive amounts of money for a ridiculously small chance to improve their standing! Sounds alot like something else where people spend a lot of money on a very small chance to improve their situation. Sounds identical to the lottery to me! Would any of you arguing that this game is not gambling also argue that the lottery is not gambling? Of course you wouldn't, because it obviously is. Why else would the government have forced them to reveal their drop rates? So how can you argue that the same exact thing principle that costs real money to take a chance on small odds working in the players favor, JUST LIKE THE LOTTERY, is not gambling. As someone who has acknowledged that I might have a bit of a gambling problem, it is much easier for me to see the obvious.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    I’m just gonna troll you and say it isn’t gambling because I don’t see drop rates or % appearing on casino tables. Lol
  • VerzzVerzz Posts: 460 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    It DOESN’T, for the 1000000 time.

    Meet up with someone from the same alliance.

    Spin your crystal.

    Get your friend to check your alliance page BEFORE your spin animation stops.

    He’ll tell you what you will get.

    Sheesh.

    I could be wrong but I believe if you spin the crystal and you close the game before it “pops” you will just get the crystal back. So yes the alliance member will see it earlier but not before the point where it pops and starts slowing down.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    It DOESN’T, for the 1000000 time.

    Meet up with someone from the same alliance.

    Spin your crystal.

    Get your friend to check your alliance page BEFORE your spin animation stops.

    He’ll tell you what you will get.

    Sheesh.

    I could be wrong but I believe if you spin the crystal and you close the game before it “pops” you will just get the crystal back. So yes the alliance member will see it earlier but not before the point where it pops and starts slowing down.

    Nope. The moment you put it in the spinner the message of what you get appears.

    If you spin the crystal and you lose connection to the server, then you’ll get the crystal back.

  • VerzzVerzz Posts: 460 ★★★
    Just because people see it and they never got it doesn't mean there's some nefarious Dangling Carrot.

    There is no question that better options are over-represented in the reel. Open a max sig crystal. You will see multiple 5* Immortal Iron Fists, multiple awakening gems, etc., and then it will land on crystal shards. Open a FGM crystal. You will see lots of 5*s and the featured champ and it will land on a 3* with a 5* on either side. It doesn't bother me, and I don't really care, but what reason do you have to assume that they aren't trying to encourage crystal buying with the reel... Why wouldn't they? Pretty standard practice honestly.

    I don't consider it over-represented because it's not meant to be a reflection of the actual drop rates. Numerically, you wouldn't have enough time to display the rates in the small amount of time the spin occurs. Do I believe they include it? Sure. Same as the Top Prize picture. Who would open them if they never saw one in it? There are a range of all outcomes in the spin. Not just Top Prizes. People don't even register the other outcomes.
    The OP is saying they rigged the spin to land close to Top Prizes. That I don't agree with.

    You say that you don’t consider it over-represented because it is an animation. Fine but that just means that mathematically the good drops show up much more (over-represented) in the animation when compared to the real drop rates. Which is fine also - the animation means nothing; we can agree on that.

    But just the simple fact that the good drops show up much more often than they actually drop will cause it to land beside the top prizes way more often than they would if it was a reel with pure odds. So even if they did not intend to “rig” it to entice customers, the fact remains that it is happening.
  • VerzzVerzz Posts: 460 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Verzz wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    It DOESN’T, for the 1000000 time.

    Meet up with someone from the same alliance.

    Spin your crystal.

    Get your friend to check your alliance page BEFORE your spin animation stops.

    He’ll tell you what you will get.

    Sheesh.

    I could be wrong but I believe if you spin the crystal and you close the game before it “pops” you will just get the crystal back. So yes the alliance member will see it earlier but not before the point where it pops and starts slowing down.

    Nope. The moment you put it in the spinner the message of what you get appears.

    If you spin the crystal and you lose connection to the server, then you’ll get the crystal back.

    Sorry like I said I could be wrong, tested it long ago but can’t remember now. But please explain, I don’t understand how both sentences you said can be true?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,114 ★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Verzz wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    It DOESN’T, for the 1000000 time.

    Meet up with someone from the same alliance.

    Spin your crystal.

    Get your friend to check your alliance page BEFORE your spin animation stops.

    He’ll tell you what you will get.

    Sheesh.

    I could be wrong but I believe if you spin the crystal and you close the game before it “pops” you will just get the crystal back. So yes the alliance member will see it earlier but not before the point where it pops and starts slowing down.

    Nope. The moment you put it in the spinner the message of what you get appears.

    If you spin the crystal and you lose connection to the server, then you’ll get the crystal back.
    Nope, That’s Dogma. The crystal is not consumed nor is the champion awarded by the simple act of spinning. I posted a video and explanation in his thread; Which clearly shows the act of stopping the crystal triggers the award.i
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?

    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

    Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.

    The champion is determined right as you start spinning, you tapping the crystal vs just letting it stop for example will not affect the result. I don't see how people could sniff out what champion they would get, if you put a crystal into the spinner then force close right away you still get a permanent reward in your account.
    Yeah the champion is not determined as you start spinning. This short video destroys everything you just posted. Dogma much?


    What exactly were we supposed to see besides the best wallpaper Kabam has ever done?
    The crystal is spun and interupted by turning off WiFi, crystal is not consumed/opened and no reward is given. The same crystal is then spun and tapped while also disconnecting the wifi which consumes the crystal removing it from my inventory. It’s clear that spinning the crystal does not reward a champion or consume a crystal, the act of tapping/opening it does.

  • xNigxNig Posts: 4,193 ★★★★★
    My bad. I just tested it.

    The drop is decided once the crystal starts to stop spinning, ie when the pop happens or when you tap it to stop it while spinning.
  • themikithemiki Posts: 57
    Dominant hand behind the back. One eye closed. One knee raised. Spin crystal with pinky finger of less dominant hand, while thinking of your favorite color. Works for me all the time. Just saying..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,560 ★★★★★
    themiki wrote: »
    Dominant hand behind the back. One eye closed. One knee raised. Spin crystal with pinky finger of less dominant hand, while thinking of your favorite color. Works for me all the time. Just saying..

    That's funny. Lol.
  • Hello all,

    Please be aware that the spinning animation does not decide which item you receive. The reward is determined before you see the first item in the reel. This is why you will receive the same Champion whether you spin to open, or click the open button.
This discussion has been closed.