**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Difficulty of new ultron quest quests

Comments

• Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Oh come on!!! This is like complaining when they add act 6 that there should be an act 4.5 for middle players?!?! It makes no sense
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    I see this new quest as a harder alternative to lol. I finished easy path, 6 more runs to go. Curently have 2 5/65 several 4/55 and 6 stars. To me the I will prep for this like lol have a few thousand units, boosts, grind rol for potion aim for 200-300 l3 and run it I do not have great skill except at 5/50 so may have to rank up my Hawkeye to 3/45 for power control. Expect like lol to spend 10000 to 20000 units total, rewards are better and you can build out your roster. Think of this as lol 2.0

I’d suggest making sure you have every champ needed to do it at a decently high rank and you will save a ton of units
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Rich get richer.

I keep wondering if people even understand what game progress means. The whole point of a progressional game is that you get better, you get stronger, and in return you can do harder content that has more rewards. The entire game is like that. Complaining that the best rewards are typically only in the hardest content is complaining that water is wet.

no one seems to be trying to say otherwise...but those in the middle have been asking for a long time for a lot of changes to help them progress even a BIT faster and that's what isn't being addressed. Kabam chose to address their high end 1% end game players when they've been catered to for a while now (even if no one wants to admit that) - i mean uncollected difficulty and epic and the side quests this year have been coming out so it's not like those players just quit because there wasn't more content. They've been busy CLEANING UP in war and aq map 6. the whole reason for seasons was to get them to play and spend more and that's been a smashing success.

meanwhile everyone else is still struggling for tier 2 alpha, has a few six stars at most, maybe one or two rank five 5 star champs and that's pretty normal for a LOT of players and groups out there. There is serious unbalance in this game still and people are allowed to express their frustration about that and the lack of rewards given in comparison. Most of those people being told "you can do this in like 2 or 3 years!" will remind you if we're going by the same schedule as previous releases, act 7 or 8 will be out by then with 7 and 8 star champs. so by that time what good would these rank up gems even do? lol it's endless and all goes back to the problem kabam made and still hasn't addressed in any meaningful way. Still very out of touch.

Lol middle players have lots of content. Bare in mind I don’t think I’m good enough to do this content there’s loads for mid players to do. From act 1-5 and you can do master difficulty... for most end game players that don’t bother with anything lower than master so there’s not as much as you’re saying there is...
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Rich get richer.

I keep wondering if people even understand what game progress means. The whole point of a progressional game is that you get better, you get stronger, and in return you can do harder content that has more rewards. The entire game is like that. Complaining that the best rewards are typically only in the hardest content is complaining that water is wet.

no one seems to be trying to say otherwise...but those in the middle have been asking for a long time for a lot of changes to help them progress even a BIT faster and that's what isn't being addressed. Kabam chose to address their high end 1% end game players when they've been catered to for a while now (even if no one wants to admit that) - i mean uncollected difficulty and epic and the side quests this year have been coming out so it's not like those players just quit because there wasn't more content. They've been busy CLEANING UP in war and aq map 6. the whole reason for seasons was to get them to play and spend more and that's been a smashing success.

meanwhile everyone else is still struggling for tier 2 alpha, has a few six stars at most, maybe one or two rank five 5 star champs and that's pretty normal for a LOT of players and groups out there. There is serious unbalance in this game still and people are allowed to express their frustration about that and the lack of rewards given in comparison. Most of those people being told "you can do this in like 2 or 3 years!" will remind you if we're going by the same schedule as previous releases, act 7 or 8 will be out by then with 7 and 8 star champs. so by that time what good would these rank up gems even do? lol it's endless and all goes back to the problem kabam made and still hasn't addressed in any meaningful way. Still very out of touch.
    I’ve nearly done the first chapter and not even with a full 5:50 team it’s more up to if those middle tier players are up to the challenge
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Check out Seatin's free to play account series, it is so much easier for new players to progress now, what was 3 years worth of progression can now be done in less than a year, It has become much much easier for new to mid game players to progress but people are only focusing on endgame players. There is more mid-game content than there is endgame content even with this new variant difficulty, it's called a progression path
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Im try to clere it culdt do it im wuld watig for it to get better
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Rich get richer.

"No one seems to be trying to say otherwise" and then you immediately said otherwise. You're complaining about uncollected difficulty like that's special, isolated content meant only for end game players when it is actually included in the monthly quests that have five difficulty levels targeting different progress players. If you're saying uncollected is something special for the end game, then why isn't easy difficulty counted as something special for the beginners?

Actually understanding what progress means includes understanding that the game has to add to the top, because it can't add to the bottom or the middle. We can't keep adding more middle tiers for every top tier we add: we add top tiers when the game's progressional ladder needs them.

The game has added a ton of improvements to progress for the middle tier players. Master difficulty is easier than it used to be: it was reduced in difficulty with no change in rewards when uncollected was added. And then rewards themselves were improved. Glory *radically* improves AQ rewards for mid tier players.
    Rich get richer.

A year ago, mid tier players were unable to even get T4CC at any reasonable pace. By any objective measure mid tier players' progress experience has improved dramatically and continuously for a long time now. The problem, as I explicitly stated in the message you quoted, is that some people don't understand how progress works. What you're "struggling" to get now are top tier rewards, which will always be easier for top tier players to get than mid tier players. But that isn't because Kabam is giving top tier players inordinately more attention. It is because that's how progress works. Mid tier players have benefitted from improvements just as much if not more, but it is not like they can ever "overtake" top tier players, because that's nonsensical in a progressional game.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Don't be too butthurt about this. It is permanent content.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    All the rewards being offered seem pretty pointless for people that have completed act 5 100% as they must have awesome rosters already, so what good is another couple of 5 stars to them. Where as the rewards are much better for mid level players that need to build up their high level champs.

Was looking forward to attempting this but my champs are way off the mark to even make a dent in that army. Another great looking quest that will pass me by 😩

Good luck to all those that have an army man enough to try it, knock em dead
    👊🏻👍🏻

I would like more r5 5* attackers and defenders as i have 4 r5 5*

Eventually having 5r5 5* defenders and 3 r5 5* attacksrs one day.

And this event will make alot of master/plat1 alliance go for these rewards asap.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Typical kabam, the only players able to complete this are those with big rosters already, say 4-5 rank 5/65s, so they will get another rank 5 5star and a load more rank 4s, meanwhile those with only 4/55s will struggle. Rich get richer. Fact is after 4 years of so much time and money players should have at least a dozen top rank champions not just 1 or 2, but scrooge-bam continue to keep resources rare to justify their ridiculous charges.

This kind of post misses the point of permanent content and game progression. Mid level players have all the content end game players already did to get to where they are. It makes no sense for Kabam to create new permanent content for previous stages of the game's progression. This quest is for every player in the game once they are ready for it. Honestly it will be too hard for lots of end game players at this time but as rosters expand and more champs get added I expect it will become easier.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    They should keep the enemy the same level of strength but do away with all bluffs/ debuffs, lol
    For all those complaining bout how difficult this challenge is, I agree. But I no longer complain cause kabam doesn't care so no point. Just do free 2 play and bide it time and progress at ur own pace. And keep telling urself at least kabam isn't getting ur hard earned dollar :)

Ur not meant to be able to do every challenge. Do what u can, others will come along
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Im cler one quset and cost me 1 revies. Then im stop Not wort that more. It take also alot skil. Im admint my skils is build arund Sl. Now cant use him berfor the next quset. Not worth for me for now
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I say let it go. Kabam ain't too smart on how to keep people interested. The rich get richer and after some time, there will only be a few at the top and everyone else will quit or get bored or frustrated.
  • travgianttravgiant Posts: 19
    It's not about how hard this content is, I think it's great that they add difficult content for those people who have beaten everything and are getting bored with the game. The problem I have with back issues is that it has content suitable for the bottom 10% with classic difficulty, and content suitable for the top 10% with variant difficulty. Why is there no content for the 80% of us in the middle.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    travgiant wrote: »
    It's not about how hard this content is, I think it's great that they add difficult content for those people who have beaten everything and are getting bored with the game. The problem I have with back issues is that it has content suitable for the bottom 10% with classic difficulty, and content suitable for the top 10% with variant difficulty. Why is there no content for the 80% of us in the middle.

They didn't create content for the bottom 10%. Thats the difference. They just brought back an old event quest. They added content for the top 10%
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    The_One wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was made with end game players in mind, I mean they even said that in the announcement

jxrhdi56x3jd.jpeg
    I don’t see anything about “End Game” Players here? Just words like hard, challenge, and extreme? That’s what they always say about Celebrity Challenge quests, but they are not even close to this quests challenge in varient difficulty.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    p1c7kcrp1lrb.jpg.

Dont even act like you dont know they created this for top dogs when it's right there in orange from the Dev Diary
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    edited November 2018
    Read everything before you post pictures saying they didn't say anything when they most certainly did!!!!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    We need a challenge for intermediate players.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Infantry wrote: »
    Read everything before you post pictures saying they didn't say anything when they most certainly did!!!!

You must be one of those "top dogs" I'm guessing that like to look down on "above average, average, and beginning" players huh?

This whole Varient difficulty doesn't make sense at all. Many have read through the notes and assumed that it would be like a Celebrity Challenge quest or something along the lines of last months Symbiote EQ difficulty (except slightly less?) that a few (but not all) players would be able to complete, thus the meaning of a challenge. But I guess what a lot of us were expecting did not turn out to be what we'd hoped for at all. This difficulty caters more to the top 1% of players rather than the top 10% or 15%...

The whole varient difficulty seems to be basically a scheme to continue to satisfy the part of the community that spends way more than the average regular joe, so that Kabam can continue on going. Having a new Map 7 and a soon to be Act 6 wasn't enough, so I guess Varient difficulty had to be the thing that held them over till then huh.

In terms of myself actually finishing the whole thing 100%, I'll get back to ya in 2022. (BTW, Im one of the Above average players)

• TBKlannTBKlann Posts: 68
    edited November 2018

There are OTHER content that is useful to the rest of you.[/quote]

If you read my post before speaking you'd see I already know that as I said I would spend my time in other quests. I just said that I hoped there would be mid level content. I really don't care one way or the other.