**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think the drop rate on 5* Iron Patriot is too High?

SignumSignum Posts: 133
edited November 2017 in General Discussion

Do you think the drop rate on 5* Iron Patriot is too High? 141 votes

Yes - I have duped him too many times to remember.
48%
RektorbecauseicantDeathBringer77BadroseLoPrestichaos3430DukeCaptain_007_INTEGRALgatra_hpNguyenDauzuffyallinashesDrownedGodNanoDroidNew_Noob168Midknight007NomarigerolIrakliSignum 68 votes
No - I have been lucky enough not to get him.
51%
NevvBdanielmathA_rock007LeNoirFaineantMegaSkater67RaganatorCrkwestGoken2345MillybearAxeCopFireChris_L_HDanicb94AsukiraVision_41Le_Marv_8Superman69KINGLEOJwallace25GruftyAlex13369 73 votes

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Those options don’t make sense with the poll. You could vote yes even though you don’t have him. I haven’t seen one pulled in a good 5 months in my alliance
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    I want mine lvl200.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I do have him, but why lower the drop rate of one champ in a crystal if they’re all equal? Needs to be a mix of good and bad champs and I wouldn’t say he’s the worst you could pull either.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    I do have him, but why lower the drop rate of one champ in a crystal if they’re all equal? Needs to be a mix of good and bad champs and I wouldn’t say he’s the worst you could pull either.

Who says the droprate is equal for all champs? *puts on tinfoil hat*
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    If the drop rate is high, this champ will be awakened easily. Now that is not too bad then.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    If I get him enough he becomes a formidable champion.
  • Options
    LoPresti wrote: »

According to mods they’re supposed to be randomly selected with an equal chance in the regular crystals. Depends whether or not you choose to believe that. Since we don’t have the actual drop rates, and kabam don’t want to discuss them, I can only go from what the mods say. Impossible for us to prove but I see no reason why they would lie so I assume that it’s correct. To be honest, I’d be happy with any dupe at the minute, none awakened so far but a couple of decent ones. The majority I probably won’t use but that’s the luck of the draw I guess.
  • Options

According to mods they’re supposed to be randomly selected with an equal chance in the regular crystals. Depends whether or not you choose to believe that. Since we don’t have the actual drop rates, and kabam don’t want to discuss them, I can only go from what the mods say. Impossible for us to prove but I see no reason why they would lie so I assume that it’s correct. To be honest, I’d be happy with any dupe at the minute, none awakened so far but a couple of decent ones. The majority I probably won’t use but that’s the luck of the draw I guess.

If you believe that Kabam lies about drop rates then there is no practical way to prove that belief false.

I should also point out that "every champ has an equal chance of being pulled" is not really the definition of sufficiently random in this context, and there are subtle ways in which the crystals could be not rigged, dropping every champion with equal chance (within a particular pool) and yet still non-random in ways that could affect players.

For example, I don't believe anyone has done a correlation test against the drop system. Such a thing would be difficult to do, but I've seen random implementations fail such a test. Nothing tinfoil hat about it: it usually happens due to subtle implementation errors.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Nope, but i have IM (who Unduped is equal if not worse than IP), Groot and Hulkbuster (these last two are arguably the worst characters in the game)...

I'll happily swap my Groot or HB with an IP. lol.
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Iron patriot is my first 5*
    Ever since till now i got 14 5*
    And my iron patriot still undupped
    I dupped 4 5*
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Not only I have a duped Iron Patriot, I also have a 3 time duped Juggernaut, 3 times in a row, out of 3 featured (Mephisto) crystals opened at the same time and 2 other Juggy opened from members of my alliance in the same day. I call it impossible, they call it random.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If you believe that Kabam lies about drop rates then there is no practical way to prove that belief false.

I should also point out that "every champ has an equal chance of being pulled" is not really the definition of sufficiently random in this context, and there are subtle ways in which the crystals could be not rigged, dropping every champion with equal chance (within a particular pool) and yet still non-random in ways that could affect players.

For example, I don't believe anyone has done a correlation test against the drop system. Such a thing would be difficult to do, but I've seen random implementations fail such a test. Nothing tinfoil hat about it: it usually happens due to subtle implementation errors.

I don’t think kabam lies about drop rates, I just base my judgements on what kabam mods say on forums. If they say they’re random then that’s what I believe. Not going to start getting into the definition of random though, that’s both extremely hard to prove and not something I know Much about. Basically I don’t think the crystals are rigged to give out more bad champs than good depending on who you view as bad/good.
  • Options
    Cliffy91Cliffy91 Posts: 5
    Got IP 6 times to date, now sig ability 100. Getting really disappointed and frustrated with this game, when I see my alliance members getting great champs.

cdopfx7d2x08.jpg

• Options
    MoldyFingersMoldyFingers Posts: 112
    got colossus instead
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gotta love the limited poll choices lol. I have him duped but I don't think he drops more than any other champ in the basic pool.
  • Options
    FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    It's not high enough, my IP's sig still isn't maxed out
  • Options
    ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    But i think all old champions(2015) is. Specially past 2 months
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Lol I saved my 10,000 shards for my first time getting him and got him from the gpgttm event.
  • Options
    cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    got colossus instead

I both
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    it should be zero. please remove him from the game
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    bvcyod1lsb2b.jpeg
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I wish he was like Wolverine: not available as a 5*
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    There's over 100 5*s in the basic crystal... All drop rates are the same... I don't have an IP but i do have a KK Collosus DD Netflix (twice) Beast Miles Symbiote Spidey etc... I don't have him but just bc someone doesn't have him and someone else does, doesn't mean the drop rates are too high
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I say no, but not because I've been lucky enough to not get him. I've only gotten him once wouldn't mind a dupe.