**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 21.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Ign:-hiddenblizzard
    Android:-7.1.1
    Device:- Moto x play
    Cellular or wifi:- both
    Game version:-21.1(latest)
    It's happening since this month's start and has been a huge issue to me it's lagging from the crystals menu till story quest for example(real)
    I was about to open crystals for my S.A event
    I could not open the crystals because it was lagging too much and when I play act 5 (5.2.4) it lags so much during the fights and I lose due to this......
    I wasn't complaining for it before as I thought it was my cellular network or mobile problem but it happens with me when I use wifi too......
  • Matt1985Matt1985 Posts: 51
    Ign +matt+
    Andriod galaxys6active
    Newest version of the game.
    Phones been pretty good lately just some lag, then i join aw today and 3 fights in a row crash crash crash!!! Then i think maybe it will work in aq.... nope crashed there too.
    PLEASE FIX THESE PROBLEMS OR TELL US SOMETHING PLEASE!!!!!
  • Controles sin responder, retrasos, cierre de aplicación, tengo un samsung s8 y también un samsung note8
  • In-Game Name: miseryawaits
    Device and Model: Moto E4 plus
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both, spectrum 5G
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    Game Mode: all aspects
    Description of the Issue: slowed down and sped up fights, mini freezes during fights, special attack button being pressed with no response, when blocking or not even touching the screen attacks made (no it's not on auto fight), app doesn't respond and shuts down.
  • sublime2323sublime2323 Posts: 21
    In-Game Name: sublime2323
    Device and Model: 2018 Samsung Note 9 (512gb, 8gb RAM version)
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both wifi(100 mbps) & cellular
    Game Mode: ALL modes of play. Doesnt appear to be Charactor specific.
    Swipe back will not respond or it sometimes will block/parry instead.
    Tapping to use Special attack button sometimes doesnt work.
    Swipe forward will instead light punch or kick leaving you shadowboxing & vulnerable. This happens alot after an opponents special attack that I avoid then I try to attack when their animation ends
    Using light attacks to combo will trigger a heavy attack. Trying to block after using a combo of light attacks will trigger a heavy attack. This heavy attack is countered by the opponent almost 100% of the time before it lands!
    Fights become glitchy during matches for a few seconds at a time going fast, then slow, fast then normal again. My hero doesnt respond to my input correctly during this time.
    Lag & connection problems while opening crystals & tapping to upgrade champs after selecting ISO.
    Occasional infinite loading screen after putting MCOC app in background to use other apps then coming back to MCOC
  • LanfearLanfear Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: Lanfear
    Device and Model: 2018 Samsung Note 9 (512gb, 8gb RAM version)
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both wifi(100 mbps) & cellular

Having posted issues with lag and champians not responding correctly to commands 2 updates ago I have lost all faith that these issues will be fixed. Yet again during AQ my champs have not blocked when commanded causing me to lose all health. Tried resetting my connections and the game to no avail. I used all my revives and health potions and same thing happened again. It only seems to be during AQ and AW for me. When will these issues be fixed and how about refunding me all my wasted revives and health potions?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Abigail Jessica
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI only with approx speed of 80mps
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.1
    Game Mode: Arena mode is when the game completely shuts down and has to be restarted. Any other mode/screen is when the colour flashing and distorted picture occurs.
    Description of the Issue: In Arena mode I get to the Opponent Select screen. This is when it shuts down. If I do get past that screen, the next screen which lets you move fighters also shuts down.
    fxmrutm7nxcw.png
    This is the point where the game is constantly shutting down and has to be restarted.

As this game mode is the most relevant and type I like to play, it is completely disheartening to have to keep restarting the app. It's getting tot he point when I'm simply going to have to delete the app and not play anymore.
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    For the past three days there has been a lot of lag. I can't chain my combos into specials. In the past it has always been related to your servers. I got a ton of revives and potions through the gifting event so that I can tackle Variant, but the resources will start expiring soon as it has been impossible to play. That's thousands of units wasted $$$. My phone is an android s8, I have verizon and wifi with 250gb download speed (Comcast). None of that matters though as it's your servers. The issue has been consistent since your sever migration over a year ago. It happens mostly on the weekends and I guess holidays when a lot of people are playing. You need better servers kabam.
  • In game name : ErrolWeapons
    Device : Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Pro (2018)
    Crashes on both WiFi or cellular data
    Crashes in EVERY game mode
    Description : starts of by having a small glitch like not showing hero's faces in tabs, then carries over to the fight itself where words and health bars turn to black blocks and then it crashes. It can do this up to 20 times in an hour. Whenever there's a light change in my data connection, it does this. Which is irritating cos data connection is a fluctuating thing. Never have I had this kind of problem in the 4yrs I've been playing. I miss out on a lot of content cos it just get too frustrating. Pls help.
  • In-Game Name: Shion2701
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s9
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: In every mode
    Description of the Issue: the game lags, the controls become unresponsive and characters seem to do what ever they want.
    This is seriously some major bs!
  • In-Game Name: Sllick
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+ SMG965-U1
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi but prob both
    Game Mode: pretty much everywhere but more so on the menu screens than gameplay
    Description of the Issue: I have a faster phone and this game has always run great w the only lag I noticed before was on the champions screen when scrolling through your roster. Now though as of the last month or so I've increasingly noticed the game getting laggy and loading things really slow. Happens a lot out of game play and during game play a few times my character has dashed backwards instead of intended forward movement. The lag gets worse as time goes on to where I'll have to quit the game and start it again.

The best fix however, and where I think the problem lies, is when you go to settings on the phone and choose Device Maintenance->Memory and hit "Clean" which frees up RAM by clearing out each chunk of memory that your apps at that time are using. Last time I did this I noticed MCOC was using 1.5 GB of RAM which seemed way higher than normal or should be. After clearing the RAM the game loaded and played normally. This points to a memory leak IMO which would make sense.

(On a side note and probably totally unrelated, since I got this phone in May 2018 I've noticed that sometimes when I switch between the game and another app and then go back to the game, the overall flow and look of the gfx changes. It's actually kind of a nice improvement to me as it's almost like the FPS are higher and it gives the game that arcade like look to the gfx. Fights have more depth/3d look to them. I can always tell when this happens especially in fights as the screen zooms in much more at the start of the fight and the characters are much more up close.
    Sorry if this doesn't help but I thought it a good opportunity to bring it up as it really looks cool lol.
    Oh one more small thing, the Google Games account achievements don't always sync up with actual game play. I have way past some achievements but they still don't show as completed in Google games. Ok I'm done lol. )
  • droppinsaucedroppinsauce Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    getting screwed out of todays 31 of December rewards (250 5* shards). everyday this month has a checkmark as i have been on everyday. says i "missed" todays rewards, seeing as its 1:40 pm on December 31 i call bulls hit.
  • In-Game Name: Farseer12345678
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Any fight
    Description of the Issue:
    More dropped inputs. Most notably fifth medium hit in a five hit combo, makes specials not connect and I get comboed.

This month is the first time I've participated in any if these big threads. There never used to be issues but it seems over the past year or so I've had these types of performance issues. This latest update has been the most expensive interms of units, revives and potions. Starting to think you either have the latest iphone or you're out of luck. Not holding my breath for Android users to no longer be second class citizens.
  • AnndreyGoAnndreyGo Posts: 33
    In game User name : AnndreyGo
    Device : Samsung galaxy Note 8
    Operating system : Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi : WiFi
    Game version : 21.1
    Game Mode : Too many problems ..
    Connection problem
    1.Game stops working at random times
    2.After one error "this app stopped working" I restarted the game and everything had this writing "MS_ID_UI_.."
    3.The chat stops working at random times., I can see what my friends are writing but I tried to respond, my answer doesn't appear in the chat , I can write but after I hit the send button .. nothing happens
    4.The whole game feels slower ,from loading times to having battles in slow motion .. this affects are present everywhere ,AW ,AQ , Daily challenges , Arena and even in act 4

• In game name: Thunderjdo
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Device OS: Android 7.0
    Cellular or Wifi: WiFi
    Game version: up to date 21.1?
    Game mode: All
    Issue: When trying to load a fight game will crash and force exit. Reenter game mode after reloading and same result with multiple times losing half health without getting chance to fight at all.
    edited January 2019
    Game Mode : Too many Problems
    These issues are a big problem .. if Kabam doesn't provide a game that works like it's suppose to work.. I feel that this is a form of breach of contract .. I'm willing to quit the game but first I would request a refund for all my money spent in the game ..I spent money for units and offers but if I don't get to enjoy in the game what I bought,then there is no point in playing .. so you can close the my account as long as i get my refund
    2.After one error "this app stopped working" I restarted the game and everything had this writing "MS_ID_UI_.."
    3.The chat stops working at random times., I can see what my friends are writing but I tried to respond, my answer doesn't appear in the chat , I can write but after I hit the send button .. nothing happens
    4.The whole game feels slower ,from loading times to having battles in slow motion .. this affects are present everywhere ,AW ,AQ , Daily challenges , Arena and even in act 4 ..
    Game Mode : Too many Problems
    xqjmfx5nhy38.jpg
    6tw6iki2fcp5.jpg
    fonewq4g8na8.jpg

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    In-game name:Agent_Jo
    Device and model: Nokia 2
    Device operating system:7.1.1
    Cellular or Wi-fi: Wi-fi
    Game version: 21.1.1
    Game mode: All (especially arenas and quests)
    Description: The lag I've been facing is making it almost impossible to progress. Sometimes it can take more than one minute to load a fight in and out. Sometimes I go to arenas and I have to wait for all the champion profiles visible on the screen to load before I can perform any actions(same for general champion selections and "champion" screen). The lags are all-round.All game modes are affected by extremely slow loading at times. I watched "Unofficial Kabam Mike's" video on Android phones and it has helped a little bit, since the new update the lags have returned.
  • ÉpicoÉpico Posts: 93
    In-Game Name: Epico!
    Device and Model: Xiaomi mi 8
    Device Operating System: Android version 9
    Game Version Installed: latest version installed 13 dec
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: bought a new phone since the last one was 1 year old and I was experiencing a drop in fleuncy. Now that is gone with a 6gb ram 8 cores and 132 gb hard brand new. But while loading is ok, since the holidays season ive experienced a severe increase in latency. Can't hit 5 times without getting hit in the middle , can't chain combos and SPS anymore, can't play nowhere near normal, commands don't respond as they should, character becomes inactive.
    Only thing to notice is a change in location I usually play in France now I'm in Spain but with the same operator and 60mb download speed. Everything works more than fine on my phone a part from the game. Impossible to play , if this doesn't get fixed I want my money back.
  • In-Game Name: kotic16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Cellular or WiFi: both wifi and cellular
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: All started mid/early December> game is lagging durring fights, having connection issues, evade and my guys just stand there, stun wont hit half the time, swinging at the air right in front of guys, loading slow causing me to lose life.....ive been jipped many times now where had the game not glitched i wouldnt have had to waste items or energy...not happy at all.
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    edited January 2019
    tinman76
    LG Q Stylo+
    Game update 21.1
    Cellular and WIFI
    Game is constantly loading, crashing. In arena, I can only get 2 series run before crashing when loading the 3rd series. Done all suggested fixes and nothing changes. It's getting to the point that I'm actually considering deleting the game altogether.
  • In-Game Name: Farseer12345678
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Game Mode: trial of wind
    Description of the Issue: All it is is lag. Cost me all my items to get through one and a half fights. This is a disaster, way to go guys! Clearly this thread is working with sorting out issues....NOT!
  • JCristianos09JCristianos09 Posts: 11
    In-Game Name: CryGuitar
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: Team, I just want a quick and real answer. I was using LG G4 to play the game. I recently adquire S8. The game play become thousand times better, but now I can see some champs that cannot Chain sp attacks after 5 hit combos. It didn't happen before.
    Just to relate some, but I experience several champs, I believe it's not related to the champ, but to the game:
    - Sup Iron Man sp1
    - Drax sp2
    - Venon sp1
    - BlackBolt sp1
    - Medusa sp1
    - MODOK sp1
    - KillMonger sp2
  • Ign: ×King J×
    Device: Motorola Google Nexus 6
    Cellular or Wifi: WiFi
    Game version: 21.1
    Game mode: Arena, Questing, and Crystal page.

I have the same issue others here are experiencing. I will notice a bit of lag that turns into parts of the interface becoming blacked out. Characters faces, rewards ect. Next fight I attempt is usually when it will freeze and studder then proceed to force close the app. Same with the crystals. I've opened so many only to have the reel show just black boxes. Half the time it will crash before it finishes the animation. Don't know who you pulled till you log in and check chat. Ive noticed my phone is back to getting hot again. Not sure if they are related. Also alot of times it crashes when I get the claim your Crystal or AQ has started type push notifications from the game. Didn't have this issue until the 20.0 update. Thank you.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    In-Game Name(s): Carames/Semarac
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: All Game modes.
    Description of the Issue: Very choppy game play. Speeding up and slowing down during fights. Response time to actions is very slow. I often get interrupted during a 5-hit combo. Almost impossible to evade and block, at least consistently. Loading times going into and out of fights are very slow. It's disappointing, because I have an old android 4.2 tablet that I've been playing on since I started playing the game a couple of years ago. I was having pausing and lag issues with it and attributed it to the fact that it was older tech. Now, I have to log in on that one whenever I'm fighting in difficult content because it performs much, much better than my brand new tablet.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Just experienced alot of dropped blocks in fights today, cleaning out the cache and rebooting my android device did not solve the problem...I believe you should look into this as soon as possible since its costing me to lose fights.
  • olegpetrov80326olegpetrov80326 Posts: 284
    Just experienced alot of dropped blocks in fights today, cleaning out the cache and rebooting my android device did not solve the problem...I believe you should look into this as soon as possible since its costing me to lose fights.

my block also does not always work, I wrote to the developers about the error
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Will this be fixed before the end of this month EQ? There is no way other than spending to beat dark hawk with all.the lag.
This discussion has been closed.