**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

“An astonishing amount of 5 star shards”

I got hella exited when I read this so I’m gonna be staying up till 12 to see how much 5 star shards we get in the calander hopefully this will be like the nebula calendar last year (5000 5 star shards) fingers crossed and happy new year everyone 🤪

Comments

• CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    edited December 2018
    It will be 1000 1500 2500 and 5000 7 days between each one
  • CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    Lol
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    751 5 star shards
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    616 5* shards. Its astonishing because itis enough shards to make an earth
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Don't get your hopes up, the dictionary's astonishing meaning is totally different from Kabam's astonishing meaning.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    January 2019: Kabam gives **** load of 5* shards. Raise trash champ drop rates.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    It’s not about the meaning of the word astonishing. It’s about training us to believe like whatever we get over the usual 250 5* shards is “amazing” “hella more than ever” super extra”...

If I give you a dollar a day for 30 days, then say that I’m giving you an astonishing amount next month, it could be 2 dollars or 1.50.

You hand out crumb after crumb, anything more is technically “more”...or astonishing!
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I hope they set a nice precedent for 2019 calendars, obviously not a t2A every month but...2,500 five star shards?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I am anticipating a let down as I dont think their gauge on an astonishing is anywhere near what my gauge is on 5 star shards based off of how they gauge their deals previous overvaluation of items.

Never know though after the 5 star awakening gem some hope is restored so maybe this year will be different.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    They gave a lot of 5* shards last January from what I recall as well (and t2a)... so this may be a repeat calendar (though a great one to repeat)
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    To me, in a calendar, 10k would be an astonishing amount
  • DrZola wrote: »
    This begs the question: what would you consider an “astonishing” amount of 5* shards (assuming the astonishment is in the positive direction, not the negative)?

I’ll draw my line in the sand and say 15K would astonish me. Spend the time to check in all month and get a shot at a feature 5*—color me “astonished.”

Dr. Zola

I'd be astonished if it was one. But I'm expecting something along the lines of 5k-10k. 15k would be a bit surprising on the high side but I'll certainly take it.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Kabam has given us an “astonishing” amount of 5* shards before. The August 2017 monthly calendar if I’m not mistaken gave us 10k shards spread out over the month. Anything less would not be “astonishing”
    u3x1klr0jdox.jpeg
    This was an “astonishing” monthly calendar
    I stand corrected it was only 5k shards
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    This begs the question: what would you consider an “astonishing” amount of 5* shards (assuming the astonishment is in the positive direction, not the negative)?

I’ll draw my line in the sand and say 15K would astonish me. Spend the time to check in all month and get a shot at a feature 5*—color me “astonished.”

Dr. Zola

100,000 5 star shards would "astonish me". ^.^

...but I'd trade it all for a 6 star HELLCOW!!!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    w9sul76g5ig0.jpg
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I did some decoding.

If you rearrange the letters you get:

"Animating radar shoots a stiff shove nun."

So, there you go. You're welcome.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Anything more than 5k over the month and I'll be amazed
    I won't be surprised if it's less than 1k
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    2.5k shards.