**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Winning or loosing 80 hits to two.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I think the ai needs tweaking. This is getting frustrating and unfun. When there is nothing I can do to get the ai to trigger their special attack and you lose because the ai is so rediculously over powered is becoming very stale.

To go from winning 20 fights in a row to hitting a wall at 90 mph. Not fun.

Please I don't need to win 20 in a row and I'm not asking to make it 40 wins in a row. But please for the love of,video games.... to got from 20 in a row easy and at 21 it being insanely hard maybe some gradation or smoothing out is necessary....

Thoughts?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Power drain and power lock champs are the answer to your problem if your referring to a quest, aq, or aw
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »
    Alright I'm assuming you're referring to getting an arena streak? Coming from an average player I think the arenas "infinite win streak" is working fine. Get to 15 wins and you're in the clear. It may take time to consistently do that but just keep bulking up your roster

15 is quite safe, but 21 is where you are truly safe.

For example, for the Catalyst clash arena, at streak 15 , you can start bringing 4* 4/40s without risk of getting insane'ed, but bringing 4* 3/30 may get you insane'ed (sometimes). It's only at streak 21 where 4* 3/30 are definitely safe to bring.
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    Hardly in the clear. Fights after 15 are not easy they are still tricky at times, it is after 20 it goes insane. From then you are duellingz nothing else really, and duels are the hardest thing to do in the game by far, it's why if you look at an average players profile he will rarely have won any duels, because they are insanely hard, rather OTT and offer little other than jerk off status to top players. Great!

Yes the AI have lower PI after 20 Vs but they block ALL specials you use on them mid combo or anywhere else in my experience, they insta everything, do the steamroller thing the new AI loves to do, where you literally cannot swipe left quick enough to avoid anything but a heavy, special,combo train.

The guy has a point, there are freaks that can beat any AI any time, but they are just that. The vast majority can't, and though I get why, to be confronted with a matchup that is literally unwinnable unless you are an alien is a little unjustified in my view.

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Hardly in the clear. Fights after 15 are not easy they are still tricky at times, it is after 20 it goes insane. From then you are duellingz nothing else really, and duels are the hardest thing to do in the game by far, it's why if you look at an average players profile he will rarely have won any duels, because they are insanely hard, rather OTT and offer little other than jerk off status to top players. Great!

Yes the AI have lower PI after 20 Vs but they block ALL specials you use on them mid combo or anywhere else in my experience, they insta everything, do the steamroller thing the new AI loves to do, where you literally cannot swipe left quick enough to avoid anything but a heavy, special,combo train.

The guy has a point, there are freaks that can beat any AI any time, but they are just that. The vast majority can't, and though I get why, to be confronted with a matchup that is literally unwinnable unless you are an alien is a little unjustified in my view.

Then that's an issue of skill. If you have the right champions after 21 and you don't get insane'ed, yet you still lose, then it's your fighting skills that are the problem.

Sure, the AI after 21 is sort of harder than before 21. Hence, you need to learn their patterns so that you can outsmart them. Parry them often if you can, do MLLL then special instead of a fully fledged 5 hit combo then a special to avoid them blocking your specials, etc.

One thing that seems a bit off with your comment is the fact you said "The vast majority can't, and though I get why, to be confronted with a matchup that is literally unwinnable unless you are an alien is a little unjustified in my view.
    "
    . Where exactly are you getting this info from? Because from what I know, most people are able to maintain an infinite streak if they are capable of getting to 21 in the first place, and it isn't hard to maintain it unless you don't fight well or you slack due to fatigue. You don't need to be an alien to beat the AI...
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2017

The AI after 20 is hilariously predictable, easy to bait and beat. If you seriously think arena after streak 20 is hard perhaps you should find an easier game. Arena is literally the easiest **** there is
    Oh shut up you silly man.

Have a look at normal players profiles none of them have streaks over 15. That is the level I am at. My best was a lucky 40. It is possible but after 20 yes my game skills are not good enough, but to say it's easy is arrogant, stupid and rather petulant.

Ignition was easy every player would be able to do it, and the vast majority cannot.

I have looked at dozens of profiles of users like me, level 30 key, 35k rating, and very very few have streaks over 15.

That's a fact.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    A fact is that there is literally no reason you should ever lose in arena 21+ if you have a basic concept of parrying, baiting and evading and don't have the reaction times of a 80 year old
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    I'm thinking that you don't have a grasp yet of the "infinite streak" concept and how to stay in it. Basically, for different arena types after streak 20 you get to have matches that are winnable every time. Not sure about the 3* arena (haven't done that since 12.0), but for 4* arena at match 21, you are only allowed to use, at the lowest a team of 4/40 3*. anything less will match you against 4* 5/50 teams with full suicides. For the t4 basic arena, match 21, just use at a minimum 4* 3/30 or 5* 1/25 teams. Otherwise you'll get 5* 4/55 teams

As for the AI difficulty level, practice dueling top players as that is comparable to what you'll face match 21 onwards.
  • RobojiniRobojini Posts: 30
    Getting and maintaining an arena streak is one the easiest things to do in this game
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I use 13 teams of 1/10 3* and I don't have issues with the AI, you should just change the way you approach some fights...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Would you like to get 80 times and deal the same damage that you dealt? That would be awfully boring
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Lol get a grip. Anyone would think the AI after round 20 becomes unbelievably insane with how you're acting, parrying every advance, intercepting when parry isn't possible etc etc. If you're using the correct champs and not spending half the fight being hit you can beat the AI easy.

Learn to play before complaining over ridiculous things.

Also, the reason many at Lv40ish have low streaks is probably because they earn more points by breaking streak on purpose or hey just don't do arena
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited July 2017
    If anyone is complaining about the difficulty of infinite streak.... get a grip.

I have looked at dozens of profiles of users like me, level 30 key, 35k rating, and very very few have streaks over 15.

That's a fact.

Then those players should not be trying to go on an infinite streak. Instead focus on ranking up your rosters to get the champions and skill necessary.

If you can't get past fight 18 or so, you shouldn't be trying to go on an infinite streak. It means you either lack the champions necessary or you do not have the skill. It is nothing for top players, easy for above average players, and it is moderate for average players.

Then why do I see hardly anyone at my level or even anyone in my alliance where I am mid level with a streak higher than 18?

We are not high ranking, all about the same, but none of us have got there.

It's not easy, if it was a lot more players would be able to do it.

So stop being so imperious.
  • BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Guys, the problem isnt in streak number, i guess the problem is team selection. Till streak 12 if you gradually take your heroes in ascending order its ok. But after that you have to takr it decending order and cant place anything lower then 4* 3/30. And if 4* 3/30, your heroes in the team should be in same pi range. I start with my 3* champs, then 4* 1/10, then 4* 3/30, by the time my 4* 4/40 comes its around 12/13 streak for me. After completing one round, i start second round from 4* 4/40 and never use less then 4* 4/40. And dont break the team that won in round one. I guess in this way streak remains fine.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    After match 15 in arenas, you need to maintain a minimum PI of your champs or you'll face a death squad.

Until you're at summoner level 45+, that minimum for a Basic 4* arena is a 4* at 3/30 or 3* at 4/40. As you get to higher summoner levels, that minimum drops to 2/20 and 3/30 respectively. Minimum PI for EACH champ is around 1500. It does not matter what your team PI is.

For the 3* featured arena, the minimum PI for EACH champ is around 450.

Because of this, when you get to infinite streak there will be champs you cannot use anymore. I can only use about half of my 3* and 4* champs in a basic arena once I've established the streak.
  • BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    And i really dont know why people complains about not getting more then 15/20 streaks. Its just you cant, someone else can. Maybe your heroes arent all in same pi range, so teams arent getting balanced, or maybe your team selection isnt right, and even if everything is ok, maybe you arent still skilled enough to do a 60/70 streak. But maybe some other player are skilled enough to do so. So what is the point of complaining?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Then why do I see hardly anyone at my level or even anyone in my alliance where I am mid level with a streak higher than 18?

Possibly because most players that haven't played the game for very long are completely unaware of how the arena streaks work. For most of the arena events, it isn't skill that is the determining factor it is knowledge of how the arena works that allows players to achieve long streaks. The game makes the opponents stronger the lower you are, and weaker the higher you are. If you understand the pacing, and there are lots of guides out there for this subject, you can deliberately bring low teams to fights you know the game will send easy opponents, and then your strongest to the ones you know the computer would ordinarily send harder ones, and as long as you stay ahead of the curve you never get very hard fights.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You must be using low champs after fight 20 to get hard matches. If you keep your PI high enough, every fight will be fairly easy forever. It's no harder to get a streak of 200 than it is a streak of 22. Just time.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What team are you using at match 20? Post specifics. How many stars, what is their PI, what rank/level, and are they awakened? To me it seems that your team is too low and is generating a deathmatch.

For me, match 150 is exactly the same as 16, as is every match in between.

Also know that the randomly generated AI team is picked from a range of champs that are directly related to the ones you picked. If your TEAM PI is 5000, the computer will generate a TEAM that has a similar total PI. In the basic 4* arenas,if your team is 3x 4* R3, you will typically see an AI team of 2x 4* R3 and a 3* R4. However, I've seen a team of 2x 3* R3 and a 4* R4. I've also seen the AI team include an unleveled 3* to have 2x 4* R4 (sandbagged).
    I am not complaining per se. Simply trying to understand this streak thing. The only place I can realistically do it is the 2* arena.

What I do there is get to fight 9, then drop a 1* in the team to lower the PI a bit, that should get me to fight 15 unless you are unlucky with matchups which can happen a lot.

From then it is easy until fight 20 Ian, then it is duels and I completely suck at duels. The AI is so much faster, they insta heavy and block specials, and I guess because I don't get there every streak, this takes some getting used to as it is a COMPLETELY different way to fight.

I can usually get to 25 or so, but then just get taken by light speed AI that I simply cannot compete with.

I don't have enough 3* to even try this in other arenas.
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    If you as you say "suck at duels" you need to practice more to get a feel at how the AI moves. If you're doing AQ it's the same AI level. There's just no other way around it.

Match 25 and match 400 are the same AI level as long as you meet the minimum team composition/PI for the arena you are participating in.