**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Which champion you hate fighting the most?

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
We come across different class of champions that annoy us to no end but also sometimes are our worst nightmare. For me my worst nightmare so far is Korg, Modok and iceman. What about everyone else?

Comments

• MaciekpakuMaciekpaku Posts: 26
    I hate fighting Yondu :D
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I hate a few of the Evade-champs. Still haven't learned to adapt well to fighting them.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,248 ★★★★★
    Iron Man Infinity War.

He was designed to be an absolute pain as a defender, and that's exactly what he is. It's not even the Autoblock that's my biggest problem; but the Unblockable SP1 that clips me every time.

MODOK and Nightcrawler would be in second and third place.
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    The champion for me. IMIW was made to have a flaw with his easily countered heavy attack so not really a problem
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    IMIW. Seen him take out people in AW making them look like noobs.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    IM IW, modok,korg, yondu
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    IMIW, Mordo and Yondu for just the way they fight.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Iron Man Infinity War.

He was designed to be an absolute pain as a defender, and that's exactly what he is. It's not even the Autoblock that's my biggest problem; but the Unblockable SP1 that clips me every time.

MODOK and Nightcrawler would be in second and third place.

if you want I can take a video of it and letting you see how it's simple to FULLY evade his SP1
  • kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 98
    M.O.DO.K. , Mordo and Iceman are definetely my top 3 most triggering enemies to fight.
  • TheBig0TheBig0 Posts: 18
    Iron Man Infinity War
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    hype is the most pain in the butt for me I can bait and bait but if he just stands there he is going to ko me with his sp3, some fights go well most don't hate that guy.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I also hate Spider-Man (Classic)
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Besides the new champ KORG that very few ppl have figured out, there's not much that bothers me. Depending on the nodes, champs can get really annoying and difficult to fight.

Cable is a pain sometimes though.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    dot_ditto wrote: »
    Emma frost ... she changes the mechanics of the game, and it's not really enjoyable when that happens and you can't control your character ..

I'm still trying to understand what exactly "inverted controls" mean ... :(

For me, close follow ups are:

Iron man (inifinity war) - way too OP : Can't parry him ... stupid long range heavy attack, and unblockable level 1 ... oh, and power gain too? *sigh*
    Hyperion is stupid - just sits in the corner until he has sp3 ...
    Quake - another dumb champ (included with Magik, and Elektro - taking damage you can't avoid is not "fun") :(

Inverted controls in this case means that swiping forward will dash back, and swiping backwards will dash forward. So when she throws her L1, you have to swipe forward, forward, back to Dex, Dex, and then counter-attack.
    IMIW- Parrying him is hard, unless he attacks with a Light attack if you are in close to him, that can be parried. Can also block his first Medium, drop block for a split-second, and then block again to parry his second attack. For his heavy, when he goes into his crouch to start it, dash back a few time until his final upward strike, then dash in to punish. Or, after intial dash back, throw your own heavy. Most have the range to hit him between his attacks. When he has Armor Ups to Auto-block, just hold block in close to bait heavy, and only heavy him back.
    Hype- Comes down to his AI. He is often agressive with specials as long as you leave him lots of openings (don't stand there holding block, for instance, the AI tends to only throw specials if they see an opening for one). It's a lot of hitting a few times, then bait, then repeat. Or, use Magik/SW/Hood, etc, anyone who can power lock/burn/drain or nullify his Power Gain buffs. Sometimes he is just lazy, and no amount of anything seems to get him to do anything other than stand there, blocking, with that smug look on his face.
    Quake- Absolutely remain fluid, do not hold blocks as that can prompt her AI to charge a Heavy, which leads to Aftershock charges being placed on you; when the time on the charges runs out, you take some Damage Over Time according to her attack/# of charges, with a 10% chance per charge to be stunned as well. If you get a charge on you, try to time it so it expires when you are in the middle of a special; you take the damage, but cannot be stunned. IF she is awoken, hitting her block will reflect a small amount of damage back to you. Do not block her specials; they place charges on you through the block, so they must be evaded.

To be more on topic, Korg. Getting better, still not there. And me and Cable have a special, hate-filled relationship that has endured the test of time.
  • KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    Night crawler, Hype, IMIW
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Korg
    Void
    Spiderman classic
  • StatuscrewStatuscrew Posts: 4
    Hate fighting DarkHawk, just learned how to make Nightcrawler switch modes so he cant evade and after that he's a piece of cake. Korg can be annoying to me only if he's a maxxed out 5* with a signature ability of 200. Lol
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Wow, fun question. I still hate NC, but Korg is just stupid fights. Yondu is another one when super aggressive is a real pain as he takes me out of the groove real fast.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    colossus and kamala khan
  • Korg and Emma Frost
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Spider gwen with her unblockable sp1. Seriously tho its korg
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    After act 5...an unstunable cable is my nemesis, that heavy reach is...the worst
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    dot_ditto wrote: »
    Emma frost ... she changes the mechanics of the game, and it's not really enjoyable when that happens and you can't control your character ..

I'm still trying to understand what exactly "inverted controls" mean ... :(

For me, close follow ups are:

Iron man (inifinity war) - way too OP : Can't parry him ... stupid long range heavy attack, and unblockable level 1 ... oh, and power gain too? *sigh*
    Hyperion is stupid - just sits in the corner until he has sp3 ...
    Quake - another dumb champ (included with Magik, and Elektro - taking damage you can't avoid is not "fun") :(

Inverted controls in this case means that swiping forward will dash back, and swiping backwards will dash forward. So when she throws her L1, you have to swipe forward, forward, back to Dex, Dex, and then counter-attack.
    Thanks for the clarification, I've tried a few things, nothing seems to work, so I was never sure if it was inverting the "hands" or the directions, or both ... O.o
    I wasn't even sure if block became heavy attack and vice versa .. again, nothing really clear in game on what's happening .. which is why I hate her.
    I just avoid her now .. *shrug*
    IMIW- Parrying him is hard, unless he attacks with a Light attack if you are in close to him, that can be parried. Can also block his first Medium, drop block for a split-second, and then block again to parry his second attack. For his heavy, when he goes into his crouch to start it, dash back a few time until his final upward strike, then dash in to punish. Or, after intial dash back, throw your own heavy. Most have the range to hit him between his attacks. When he has Armor Ups to Auto-block, just hold block in close to bait heavy, and only heavy him back.

Thanks for the tip there. I'll try that.

Hype- Comes down to his AI. He is often agressive with specials as long as you leave him lots of openings (don't stand there holding block, for instance, the AI tends to only throw specials if they see an opening for one).

yeah, not going to argue with it here, just let's say, I've learned to stand and bait without blocking .. but anytime I fight Hyp, (or Mordo for that matter), they just absolutely refuse to throw a special ... (ok, they do occassionally, but not nearly as much as other champs, or as much as others like you seem to claim ... and again, I'm NOT blocking very much, if at all .. ) *shrug*
    It's a lot of hitting a few times, then bait, then repeat. Or, use Magik/SW/Hood, etc, anyone who can power lock/burn/drain or nullify his Power Gain buffs. Sometimes he is just lazy, and no amount of anything seems to get him to do anything other than stand there, blocking, with that smug look on his face.

I've had my best luck with Dr. Strange .. I have 4* rank 5 sig 88 .. so his counterspell is fairly reliable .. and then if hyp just wants to sit there like an idiot, I'll let him, and out power gain him .. *shrug* :) )

Quake- Absolutely remain fluid, do not hold blocks as that can prompt her AI to charge a Heavy, which leads to Aftershock charges being placed on you; when the time on the charges runs out, you take some Damage Over Time according to her attack/# of charges, with a 10% chance per charge to be stunned as well. If you get a charge on you, try to time it so it expires when you are in the middle of a special; you take the damage, but cannot be stunned. IF she is awoken, hitting her block will reflect a small amount of damage back to you. Do not block her specials; they place charges on you through the block, so they must be evaded.

Yeah, I understand how to play her, but I've had more than 1 fight, where she just absolutely spams heavies, and I wasn't blocking at all, just evading and trying to bait and intercept .. *shrug*

The AI hates me, I think :P heh

• CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Emma Frost