**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is master even worth it anymore?

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
They seem to make it harder every month and it honestly doesnt feel worth it to a mid tier player. If i am lucky enough to have the items to clear it once "which i havent in 3 months" i get a 3 star and some shards that wont even help me clear the next months event since it will be harder than the last and even alot of end game players are struggling with master now.. So basically it seems my only option is to only do heroic "which isnt worth it either but there us nothing better to do" and i will finish in a day as always leaving me nothing to do for a whole month since act 4 is explored.. A little difficulty us to be expected but its gotten out of hand here lately.. The only events worth doing arent doable and arent worth the items lost

Comments

• peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    I thought master was quite alright.This game isn't meant to be autofought through for the higher rewards
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    I have gotten a little farther in Master in each monthly EQ, and I suspect in a few months I'll be able to finish it. My alliance has been great about enabling me to generate resources to rank up players and, as importantly, to play high level defenders on a regular basis. Some people prolly progress more quickly than others. I am in this game for the long run, so the how fast I improve is not a concern. It'll happen.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I can't tell you an end game player that struggles with master...

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem.. If you dont have a certain champ maxed you usually have a really hard time.. And all these events give energy refills you dont have to buy them anymore..i just feel mid game players are stuck between doing nothing at all or spending alot of time on things i can get in the other parts of the game easier and faster without item use
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Man, I really don't see it that way.

"you should be able to beat it with r4 5*"

I do master in my free time with 4* r5 while my 5* are tied up in alliance events. I think some of the newer nodes and newer champions have interesting interactions that make it difficult, but master used to have some of these before, too. I had plenty of 4* r5 when mordo came around and I had beaten master, but I couldnt finish exploring that month because of him. Ice phoenix is another one people had trouble with because of a ridiculous node. Its nothing terribly new.
    Urkel2 wrote: »
    I can't tell you an end game player that struggles with master...

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem.. If you dont have a certain champ maxed you usually have a really hard time.. And all these events give energy refills you dont have to buy them anymore..i just feel mid game players are stuck between doing nothing at all or spending alot of time on things i can get in the other parts of the game easier and faster without item use

What do you consider an end game player?

Completing Act 5
    Exploring Act 5
    Exporing LoL
    Completing Variant
    Exploring Variant

If your answer isn't "all of those being done" they aren't an end game player
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    He is right you know. Average players are now coming up short on Master quest. Regardless of your skill level, you should be able to beat Master if you have some 5* ranked up to R4. I feel bad for new players trying to get up the ranks. The whole purpose of ranking up is to be able to beat the harder content. Well the scales have shifted as the difficulty is increase as well meaning that ranking up will not give you the opportunity which is the whole purpose of the game. Nodes are ridiculous now. Kabam has got to stop gearing the content to all the high skill and ranked players. There are more average players and that is what it should be geared to.

I have r5 4 stars not alot of them but i assumed they would help as soon as i ranked my first to r5 they raised the difficulty and now im basically stuck with nothing to do but aq and with the cap gone soon i wont be able to survive in my alliance anymore because none of my champs are near max sig. I cant get most arena champs so grinding is mainly for units and my mastery is almost maxed on what is needed.. They are basically forcing me out of the game at this point and it sucks because it used to be fun
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

You go and practice on the actual node.

Couple suggestions:
    Parry then heavy. He won't autoblock it.
    Any stagger/nullify/counterspell champ
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I know how to do a beat him on uncollected but I always think about so many that are struggling now with all the new nodes. I feel real bad for them. :(
    Already done it. MODOK down. But feel real bad about so many that struggle. Just getting worse
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    He is right you know. Average players are now coming up short on Master quest. Regardless of your skill level, you should be able to beat Master if you have some 5* ranked up to R4. I feel bad for new players trying to get up the ranks. The whole purpose of ranking up is to be able to beat the harder content. Well the scales have shifted as the difficulty is increase as well meaning that ranking up will not give you the opportunity which is the whole purpose of the game. Nodes are ridiculous now. Kabam has got to stop gearing the content to all the high skill and ranked players. There are more average players and that is what it should be geared to.

Hmmm no. Having 5* rank 4 does not say you can beat master. It simply means you got a 5* at rank 4

I do master in my free time with 4* r5 while my 5* are tied up in alliance events. I think some of the newer nodes and newer champions have interesting interactions that make it difficult, but master used to have some of these before, too. I had plenty of 4* r5 when mordo came around and I had beaten master, but I couldnt finish exploring that month because of him. Ice phoenix is another one people had trouble with because of a ridiculous node. Its nothing terribly new.

all you really proved there is that youve played long enough to have whatever champ is required that month...

all you really proved there is that youve played long enough to have whatever champ is required that month...

But as a 4*. And even then, I've lately chosen to stick to Cap IW and synergies because its fun.
    You have now idea and most don't how it feels to be an up and coming player in this game now. When we did it, it was a wayyyyyyyyyy easier
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

You go and practice on the actual node.

Couple suggestions:
    Parry then heavy. He won't autoblock it.
    Any stagger/nullify/counterspell champ

Corvus works fine agains Modok. Intercept or like op said. Parry. Heavy. With some charges. He goes down fast
  • Labais55Labais55 Posts: 40
    Problem last month was lot ppl just coud not pass first 2 seconds last bos kabam kinda droped some update in playstore but it did not fix problem for lot ppl. I maneged pass that 2 seconds once from like 20 trys. Used like 10 ress aka 400 units and, ye kinda for 400 units rewards sux. Also since this **** bug did not bother spend more time units to get few more shards lol. And who the hell in 2019 need 3* in master that 3 stars shards and crystal shoud be updated. Also woud be nice get bit more t4b
    Vossler77 wrote: »

Hmmm no. Having 5* rank 4 does not say you can beat master. It simply means you got a 5* at rank 4

An unduped 5 star at rank 4 is basically the same pi as a duped 4 star r5.. There really isnt much difference..
    You have now idea and most don't how it feels to be an up and coming player in this game now. When we did it, it was a wayyyyyyyyyy easier

These are litterallly all the exact same people who comment on my post about this every month for the last 3 months... Only person missing is dna3000 and im sure he will chime in soon.. Half are probably low key mods considering the response time to anything kabam wouldnt like to hear

But as a 4*. And even then, I've lately chosen to stick to Cap IW and synergies because its fun.

which is yet another champ i wont get because end game players have made it hard for me to even get weaker heroes in arena
    Labais55 wrote: »
    Problem last month was lot ppl just coud not pass first 2 seconds last bos kabam kinda droped some update in playstore but it did not fix problem for lot ppl. I maneged pass that 2 seconds once from like 20 trys. Used like 10 ress aka 400 units and, ye kinda for 400 units rewards sux. Also since this **** bug did not bother spend more time units to get few more shards lol. And who the hell in 2019 need 3* in master that 3 stars shards and crystal shoud be updated. Also woud be nice get bit more t4b

Thanks that was my whole point.. It really doesnt seem worth it since we only get a quarter of the shards needed for a 4 star if we fully explore it hell i can go right now and get near that from other places in the game and it wont take forever and cost a ton of items that i really need to save for act 5
    An unduped 5 star at rank 4 is basically the same pi as a duped 4 star r5.. There really isnt much difference..

You're not totally wrong. There is a difference in PI, but it is slight depending on the champion. Lowest 5* and highest 4* would be very close. The difference comes in health and attack. 5* will always have higher. even a 5* r3 health is higher usually compared to a 4* r5. The difference that can make 4* better is sig level. Some champions rely heavily on their sig. Its just another part to remember to focus on upgrading. solo events, using sig stones wisely, etc.

which is yet another champ i wont get because end game players have made it hard for me to even get weaker heroes in arena

Heavily disagree. 4* basic champs are easier than ever to get in arena now. I put up 7 mil to get NC in the basic. Those times are gone.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Well my account's probably around a year old and I'm still running 4*s with a R3 5* Sabretooth. With that in mind, I explore master every month, just beat the Collector last month, and I did a completion of uncollected.

And I don't believe the whole "You need this ONE counter bs." I can't recall a single time that was necessary the past few months.. It really just comes down to skill. You have to accept that this is a skill based game.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    You can do master with 3:30 champs