**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War Matchmaking

Please fix this soon. How can my team stand a chance, easy wins for the other guys as usual. We crawled from tier 15 to tier 12 an our 1st match in tier 12 is this complete mismatch.r7vuz73kkn0y.jpg
1p4cayyrvsvi.jpg
h0i3wb0ls5te.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    I don't mind losing to a team of similar allaince rating but to face a squad with an average of over 100k on us is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Our war rating is high cause we started in tier 15, we ended last season on a 6 game losing streak with these kind of mismatches.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    but the problem is if 3mil alliances only ever face 3 mil alliances it would be possible for 3 mil alliances to climb to tier 1 as they would keep winning and never have any hard competion.
    how would it be fair to have a 3million alliance climb to tier 1 fighting alongside 30 mil alliances and getting the same season rewards as the 30 mil alliances when they are only there because they dont fight true competion.
    we cant have a handicapped situation with all alliances competing for the same prizes
  • Options
    So wouldn't you agree that the 7.9m alliance we are facing should be facing a 10m alliance vs a 3m alliance right. We should face tougher competition, but in reason, big difference in fighting a team 1
    1.5m higher than us vs 4m higher.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    WATCHED wrote: »
    So wouldn't you agree that the 7.9m alliance we are facing should be facing a 10m alliance vs a 3m alliance right. We should face tougher competition, but in reason, big difference in fighting a team 1
    1.5m higher than us vs 4m higher.

to a point i get it.
    but i also see the downsides of alliance rating based matchups.
    as i have commented many times before.
    the whole system needs some kind of overhaul.

to put it in perspective.
    my alliance is 14.3mil. we have 4 players with 1 x 5/65 champ. we have bout 10 players still with 5/50 in their top champs.
    we have been matched with an alliance of 16.5 mil for this war.
    which on paper seems fair.
    however in reality it is not as they have 10 players with 3 x 5/65 champs and every single player has only 4/55 or higher in their profile.

so alliance rating is close enough.
    however we have no chance cus why we have most defenders at 3/45 and 5/50 with a few 4/55 and 5/65 they have a lot of 5/65 and almost all others 4/55.
    in attack we have guys attacking still using 5/50 champs. their attackers are all 4/55 and 5/65.
    so we have no chance.

alliance rating means nothing.
    there is no fair system and all systems i have thought of have pros and cons
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    We just got the same situation. Our opponents are nearly double our average PI.

What doesn't make sense is our opponent ended last season as Silver 2 but are now Bronze 2. We didn't even do any AW in the off-season and didn't drop that far; we were in Silver 3.
  • Options

What doesn't make sense is our opponent ended last season as Silver 2 but are now Bronze 2. We didn't even do any AW in the off-season and didn't drop that far; we were in Silver 3.

season ranking means nothing and has no impact.

its war rating and war tier.
    low season ranking just means maybe they only played like 1 or 2 wars
  • Options
    MaatMan wrote: »

season ranking means nothing and has no impact.

its war rating and war tier.
    low season ranking just means maybe they only played like 1 or 2 wars

Like i said, though, we didn't do any AW during the off-season and only dropped 1 tier. We are 1-2 so far this season and still in Silver 2, where we ended last season. Would this being maybe their 1st or 2nd (with no off-season AW like us) of the season really have dropped them that far?
  • Options
    depends if they do war much...
    wat tier are you?
    maybe thay have only played 2 wars and therfore not scored many points...
    maybe they have lost 4 in a row and scored bugger all points in them

the season bracket just means they have not scored many points.
  • Options
    @Sabrefencer
    tier is a number...
    like t20 or t15 or t5 or t1...
    that gives you a multiplier for your war score.

what season bracket you fall into
    ie. gold3, silver2, bronze1, etc.
    is only a reflection of your score for the season.
    it is not your war tier
  • Options
    We are Silver 2.

Our opponent said they didn't do any AW in the offseason. Also said they missed the first war of the season then lost 3 in a row (which surprises me given their strength). They dropped to Bronze 2. We basically are in the same boat, except we've only won 1 war, but didnt drop that far. Just seems odd to me.
  • Options
    KABAM says they are trying hard to fix this somehow now, I hope it works out. My war is looking like a loss by exploration and attack points alone, I guess our points will atleast allow us to stay low gold 3 or silver 1, guess this is the price we pay when trying to have fun and win some decent rewards.
  • Options
    War is fun? I admit it's one of my least favorite aspects of the game.