**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do people ask for rank down tickets?

2

Comments

  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    It could be because guys who have been playing for a long time didn't have the same selection of champs we have now. They were not releasing champs so frequently like they do now, also old champs can't keep up with all the new abilities these new champs have.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Manup456 wrote: »
    It could be because guys who have been playing for a long time didn't have the same selection of champs we have now. They were not releasing champs so frequently like they do now, also old champs can't keep up with all the new abilities these new champs have.

    3 year player here.

    No.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 wrote: »
    My 5/65 unduped hulkbuster laughs at your rank down tickets.

    byw837cyk7cb.png
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    Manup456 wrote: »
    It could be because guys who have been playing for a long time didn't have the same selection of champs we have now. They were not releasing champs so frequently like they do now, also old champs can't keep up with all the new abilities these new champs have.

    3 year player here.

    No.

    4+ year player.
    Also no.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    Manup456 wrote: »
    It could be because guys who have been playing for a long time didn't have the same selection of champs we have now. They were not releasing champs so frequently like they do now, also old champs can't keep up with all the new abilities these new champs have.

    3 year player here.

    No.

    4+ year player.
    Also no.

    Agreed. Been here since day 1.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I don’t ask for rank down tickets, but I wouldn’t turn one away either. Just one champ specifically I want to take down. Only ranked her due to expiring t2a and couldn’t pull anything better. Argument could be made I shouldn’t have pushed through act 5 100% so fast last year when 5.4 finally dropped. But w/e she gets on defence, and used her on The thing uncollected for giggles.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Lawls.

    Why are people flagging every post by Demonzfyre? Has he taken over for GW or something?

    Flagging for spite is silly.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Hamin wrote: »
    Lawls.

    Why are people flagging every post by Demonzfyre? Has he taken over for GW or something?

    Flagging for spite is silly.

    Usually because I dont go with the "popular" theories. Also I'm not sugercoating responses and many have thin skin.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    ...because the most needed resources are sold as 'deals' & the game is in a such a state now that the need to be skilled is being eclipsed by the need to have specific champs with evey monthly EQ.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    ...because the most needed resources are sold as 'deals' & the game is in a such a state now that the need to be skilled is being eclipsed by the need to have specific champs with evey monthly EQ.

    Elaborate.

    Which champ was "needed" for this EQ, the last EQ or the one before it?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    ...because the most needed resources are sold as 'deals' & the game is in a such a state now that the need to be skilled is being eclipsed by the need to have specific champs with evey monthly EQ.

    So we should get rank down tickets every month, by your logic, just to rank up certain champs that HELP (but aren't required) in completing EQ.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    ...because the most needed resources are sold as 'deals' & the game is in a such a state now that the need to be skilled is being eclipsed by the need to have specific champs with evey monthly EQ.

    You only need to have specific champs if you aren't skilled. The more skilled you are, the more champion options you have.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    ...because the most needed resources are sold as 'deals' & the game is in a such a state now that the need to be skilled is being eclipsed by the need to have specific champs with evey monthly EQ.

    Seatin does quests in UC with 3 and 4* champs. No such thing as "needed" champs for quests.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Because rank down tickets belong in that game, where someone made a "brilliant" design call to make 4star champions use same rank up materials as 5star champions and people end up being stuck at rank3 5star for months praying to get right catalysts, while they just could recycle materials they already earned from 4stars, which they are not using already anymore anyway.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Because rank down tickets belong in that game, where someone made a "brilliant" design call to make 4star champions use same rank up materials as 5star champions and people end up being stuck at rank3 5star for months praying to get right catalysts, while they just could recycle materials they already earned from 4stars, which they are not using already anymore anyway.

    This is exactly why we DON'T need them.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    What, you actually like the idea of having to wait few months to take 5star from r3 to r4?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I am thinking if it would be possible to have a 'time limited rdt; tlrdt' instead.

    It works this way.
    I have a 5/50 skill champ A. This tlrdt allows me to bring down my original 5/50 (and it is locked, i.e. cannot be ranked up) and rank up skill champ B but the effect is only for x number of days.

    Once the timer is reached both B and A will automatically revert to its original rank.
    I think the mechanics need to be worked out in details.

    In this way, I still get to try out and use champs (even if there is little use based on current champ abilities). Of course, I think many will go the other way and rank up good champs to try clear content (this can be easily blocked if necessary).
  • LightZenithLightZenith Posts: 24
    edited January 2019
    The rationale of asking for free rank up tickets instead of rank down tickets is ridiculous, arguably even more ridiculous than asking for rank down tickets.

    Rank down tickets return what you already own whereas rank up tickets give you extra resources. They won't give you additional resources for free, but make you buy them through their deals or work through content to attain them.

    I know OP did not start this idea as I heard it elsewhere like on a youtube stream many months back, so I'm not pinning the blame on OP. Whoever started this was trying to act smart but failed to see the absurdity of this idea.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    What, you actually like the idea of having to wait few months to take 5star from r3 to r4?

    Who has to wait my t4c wont stop expiring..

    Anyone who isn't in alliance that ranks top500 in aq, so if estimates that mcoc has 1milion players are correct, only 98,5% of playerbase.

    But it's okay, because YOU don't have to wait, right?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    What, you actually like the idea of having to wait few months to take 5star from r3 to r4?

    The only thing I need is T2A. I have plenty of T4cats basic and class. Also dont need any t1a cause those are easy.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    And responding to the thread to complain about it? Keeps it on the front page.

    <3
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    I don’t ask for rank down tickets, but I wouldn’t turn one away either.

    This.

    I'd love to have a little more flexibility with the champs and resources I've earned. The game is evolving and I'd like to be able to adjust with it.

    I'm not going to lose any sleep over not getting one either.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    The rationale of asking for free rank up tickets instead of rank down tickets is ridiculous, arguably even more ridiculous than asking for rank down tickets.

    Rank down tickets return what you already own whereas rank up tickets give you extra resources. They won't give you additional resources for free, but make you buy them through their deals or work through content to attain them.

    I know OP did not start this idea as I heard it elsewhere like on a youtube stream many months back, so I'm not pinning the blame on OP. Whoever started this was trying to act smart but failed to see the absurdity of this idea.

    Well said
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    edited January 2019
    Or champions that were once epic but have been nerfed you put the time and resources into A champ for it to become ineffective when you progress further in the game i wish I could rank down a few of my 5* mutant champs as kabam seen fit to bless me with them all apart from domino ect(or any really good mutant champ) best one I’ve pulled is ice man and Im currently having trouble getting iso in the game recently so to rank down a undesirable to rank him to rank 5 would be great but in reality we probably won’t see them ever again.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Maybe sell them in package’s like in odeons vault add 1 RDT with every purchase for the mind boggling price of £300
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Scarlett_ wrote: »
    Or champions that were once epic but have been nerfed you put the time and resources into A champ for it to become ineffective when you progress further in the game i wish I could rank down a few of my 5* mutant champs as kabam seen fit to bless me with them all apart from domino ect(or any really good mutant champ) best one I’ve pulled is ice man and Im currently having trouble getting iso in the game recently so to rank down a undesirable to rank him to rank 5 would be great but in reality we probably won’t see them ever again.

    There hasnt been any champion nerfs since 12.0 and we got RDTs for that when it happened.
This discussion has been closed.