**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What rank up decision did you make that went against popular opinion?

Comments

• sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Ranking venom to r4 over medusa and hype
  • BigFnMike93BigFnMike93 Posts: 53
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I also took Heimdall to R4 over Corvus, a wildly unpopular opinion if ever there was one.

Wildly unpopular lol
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Taking my 5* green goblin to r3 lol
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Most of my A team

4*thor max rank/sig, 4* agent venom max rank/ sig5* storm awakened 25ish with gem(I HATE holding onto stuff) rank 3, 5* quake rank 4, 5* magik(first true duplicate love her) 60ish rank 4

I really don’t regret any
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    edited January 2019
    ...Taking Carnage to 4/55 over Venom after the buff.
    ...Taking Dormammu to 4/55 after the changes to MD.
    ...Taking Corvus and Void to 5/50 as a 4 stars when I already had or was working toward 4/55 5 stars of both.

For the last one, the 5 stars are generally on my AW attack team and constantly tied up, I'm using the 5/50s for questing. Both 4 stars were used a ton on the monthly EQ Uncollected event this month, more than paid off in terms of use versus the cost to rank them.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    DrownedGod wrote: »
    ...Taking Carnage to 4/55 over Venom after the buff.
    ...Taking Dormammu to 4/55 after the changes to MD.
    ...Taking Corvus and Void to 5/50 as a 4 stars when I already had or was working toward 4/55 5 stars of both.

For the last one, the 5 stars are generally on my AW attack team and constantly tied up, I'm using the 5/50s for questing. Both 4 stars were used a ton on the monthly EQ Uncollected event this month, more than paid off in terms of use versus the cost to rank them.

Wouldn't taking them to 5/50 while working on the 5* delay the 5* rankings?

Yes/no. The only hold up was really on T2As for the R4s. Just took some preplanning to have enough T4B on hand as well.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I opened a Science gem and popped it on Sentry within 5 seconds, now have 53 levels on him

He is 3/45 now and he will be 5/65/200 if it's the last thing I do in this game, and he was going up before i ever saw Aegon and the Champion
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I also took Heimdall to R4 over Corvus, a wildly unpopular opinion if ever there was one.

Heimdall is sneaky good. You were on that Day 1. If I had him as a 5-star I would look at R4, too
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    I fed an AG n 50 stones When I got my first 4* which was a Karnak.I regret it now.
    Noobish mistake!
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    MVP probably goes to swedeah who used a generic AG and r5 KK.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    I opened a Science gem and popped it on Sentry within 5 seconds, now have 53 levels on him

He is 3/45 now and he will be 5/65/200 if it's the last thing I do in this game, and he was going up before i ever saw Aegon and the Champion

Idelest, is that you? XD
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I’m going to take my 5* Proxima to R4 before I take my 5* Corvus up
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Crossbones to r4,Angela to r4,used generic on 5 star ghost..
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »

Idelest, is that you? XD

LOL No, but I am glad that it is out there that after they made that huge adjustment, you can do stuff with him. There is a very simple rotation, and while the character is not close to perfect, I will say this: You get those Reality Warps up, you are hitting hard enough for most stuff you run across

Dude hits seriously hard with the Aegon and Champion synergies
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    5* Angela to r5 and used a cosmic gem. No regrets. Shes my main war attacker, beat Lol with her and gets used for all kinds of story and event quest content. Let the lol reactions commence.

Man, Angela is freaking awesome. I am more resource constrained so I have to take Hyperion up first, but she would be right behind him. She is a beast
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I'm considering selling my useless 4* to have enough 5* shards for the Dhampir crystal
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Back when I took Hyperion to 5/65 most people thought I was crazy to do that over Magik, lol. So glad I made that choice. He is in my opinion the best 5/65 option out there.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I took Sentinel up to 4/55 over Stark Spidey. Zero regrets. I also feel kinda crazy because I have 5* Blade and Spark still at rank 1 as I have no need for them (I have then maxed as 4*s).
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    I used my generic on a 5 star corvus...just because I wanted my top champ to have those silver stars. Still no regrets.

This is by far not against “popular opinion”

Anything ghost, corv, Domino, Blade, SS, aegon , etc is not against popular opinion
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    I'm about to 5/65 Emma Frost and use a generic on her, over spark and Captain America Infinity War. Just cause I like how she plays lol

I was gonna do mine over CAIW too, because CAIW is a great R4 and my attack team is good, if I ever roll someone better, CAIW will have no purpose on defense, and Emma needs the R5 more.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    I took my 5* OML to r3. He was my 2nd ever r5 equivalent. I demolished act4 with only him and Magik. I used them as I didn't have them in aw attack or Defense. Don't regret a bit, still love him a lot.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2019
    5* Symbiote Spiderman to r4.
    4* OG Cap being my 3rd science r5
    4* Ronan to r5 barely some months ago (He still has his uses tbh)