**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Whale's perspective on 6-star daily card with 2019 6-star pool

ChuckRyanChuckRyan Posts: 127 ★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
In September, I would have bought today's deal in a heartbeat. Anything that would help me secure a 6* Domino, Corvus, IMIW. September was significant for all of us because the statistical chance to obtain a premium champion was the best we've ever seen in the game.

In September, summoners had a 70% chance to obtain a champion that was good or better and 47% chance for demigod champs or better. Champions that could change the trajectory of a summoner's account. Champions that would open up new end-game content or push them into a new alliance war tier. Everyone was excited--for good reason.

Five months later, we see how to ruin a good thing. With additions of Magneto (OG), Moon Knight, Hulkbuster and other average champions in past months, Kabam has watered down the chance to obtain a premium 6* champion, and yet prices are still at a premium rate.

I don't see the value in purchasing a 6* offer in 2019. Frankly, I don't need the disappointment of spending real money to obtain a 6* Hulkbuster for my roster. It's a pass for me.

Comments

• Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    100% agree
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    well said
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Money has been a no go for this game for some time.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Well said sir
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Yep
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Like $100 tho? Really? I'll be honest I've got at least a grand in my account. Stupid, I know. Like it's not even real.. were literally spending $100 on CODE....
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    well you also get 18k T5bc, we see how these are typically priced, last month there was a 100 deal for like 5k of them.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    sure but now your getting behind everyone else who's adding hulkbuster or maybe a 6* korg, or a domino or a corvus. lots of people would happily gamble for that and get ahead.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    At the end nothing special or different between a 6* pull and a 5* pull ... there should be a special mechanism to get better 6*.. maybe like a chance to pick from 1 of 2 6* champs that u pull after forming a feature 6* just as an example.... the same 5* feature mechanism being used just gets boring... a 6* undupe bad champ is really the ultimate insult to the player base who gets to that level to own a 6*.

In fact I am more excited to open my 5* and 4* crystals than my 6*.... that shouldn't be the case.
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »
    At the end nothing special or different between a 6* pull and a 5* pull ... there should be a special mechanism to get better 6*.. maybe like a chance to pick from 1 of 2 6* pull after forming a feature 6* just as an example.... the same 5* feature mechanism being used just gets boring... a 6* undupe bad champ is really the ultimate insult to the player base who gets to that level to own a 6*.

In fact I am more excited to open my 5* and 4* crystals than my 6*.... that shouldn't be the case.

That isn't my experience, primarily due to ranking requirements. Every 6* champ I pull goes immediately to 1/25 which is essentially the same as rank 4 (5*) so 6* pulls are more likely to be worth something than the average 5* for me (I'm setting aside arena points here).
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I have 15 6* pulls in...some people have half of my pulls and have a 6* corvus or domino and i know 3 people who have both in half my pulls...

Just seen someone pull a storm, and complain how it was stuck between km and domino (dupe her wow)

Yet i have a storm and no corvus or domino 6*

Really makes you think, the only way to get a good pull is to keep on going with your pulls...”rng” sucks so bad you dont know when u will get a good pull..my first 15 6* pulls are bad.....my next 15 6* pulls can all go bad..or good also
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I have five 6* champs currently. Only one that I'd consider taking to rank 2. I've gotten those shards without paying, with disappointment coming for free. Why would I want to spend on potential disappointment?

I say this as a previous spender. I stopped paying for the game when I realized that I was gambling for something that didn't add much value for me. I'm also hesitant to give money to this company after the last year or so.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    10 6* pulls in so far. First 6 or so were rough then I hit a purple patch of luck with domino, capiw, and rulk x2. It all comes out in the wash eventually, just gotta keep opening and eventually something good drops
  • I've got storm, sentry, and my only good one Winter Soldier, need 150ish shards to my next one.I have Hope for a Corvus or domino but I know its not going to happen...
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    At the end nothing special or different between a 6* pull and a 5* pull ... there should be a special mechanism to get better 6*.. maybe like a chance to pick from 1 of 2 6* pull after forming a feature 6* just as an example.... the same 5* feature mechanism being used just gets boring... a 6* undupe bad champ is really the ultimate insult to the player base who gets to that level to own a 6*.

That isn't my experience, primarily due to ranking requirements. Every 6* champ I pull goes immediately to 1/25 which is essentially the same as rank 4 (5*) so 6* pulls are more likely to be worth something than the average 5* for me (I'm setting aside arena points here).

That's a fair point and does save rank up materials and potential to rank champs that is not your top rankup choices otherwise. I am trying to emphasize on the chance to pull a bad champ in 6* is the same as 5* but 6* are much more rare to obtain overall. Either way, I share op thoughts and I really have no drive to get excited with a deal that I probably would jump all in half a year ago. I have a 10 6* roster atm.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Yes, but some of those 6* champs are only good for arena, even though they come out as roughly a 3/45 and become a 4/55 when fully leveled. I understand they’re comparatively stronger than any other champ you open right out of a crystal, but that doesn’t necessarily make it valuable. Most summoners opening 6* crystals have a few 4/55+. If I have a 4/55 Blade, KM, or GP, what benefit do I get from pulling a 6* MK or DD? Not much. There’s been no circumstance in which I’m using my 6* DD other than to laugh at how subpar he performs compared to my other champs at similar ranks.
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »

That's a fair point and does save rank up materials and potential to rank champs that is not your top rankup choices otherwise. I am trying to emphasize on the chance to pull a bad champ in 6* is the same as 5* but 6* are much more rare to obtain overall. Either way, I share op thoughts and I really have no drive to get excited with a deal that I probably would jump all in half a year ago. I have a 10 6* roster atm.

The featured crystal is up and down, although if you don't like one you could save for the next one down the road. But the basic crystal is a little different. Off hand, I *think* the 6* basic is much better than the 5* basic in terms of champion value, ignoring the star rating. I'm going off the trucos chart:

champs.jpg

It *feels* to me like you're more likely to get a better champ there. It depends on how you value the champs, but if I sort them by good/decent/poor and rate them conservatively, as a snap judgment I would put Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Killmonger, Void, Hulk Rag, Sentinel, Sabertooth, Corvus, CapIW, IMIW, Domino, Ghost, Heimdall, and Korg as definitely good; Winter Soldier, Yellowjacket, Nebula, Yondu, Angela, Hawkeye, Thor Rag, Morningstar, Proxima, Mephisto, and Psylocke as at least decent if not better. That's 14 good and 11 better than average pulls out of 60 on the list up to that point (there are others I think are also not bad to pull, like Green Goblin, Doc Oc, Hela, Elektra, and Hood, although there's not a lot of agreement there). That *seems* better than the 5* basic, although I haven't gone through the entire list of 5* champs to value them similarly.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

Yes, but some of those 6* champs are only good for arena, even though they come out as roughly a 3/45 and become a 4/55 when fully leveled. I understand they’re comparatively stronger than any other champ you open right out of a crystal, but that doesn’t necessarily make it valuable. Most summoners opening 6* crystals have a few 4/55+. If I have a 4/55 Blade, KM, or GP, what benefit do I get from pulling a 6* MK or DD? Not much. There’s been no circumstance in which I’m using my 6* DD other than to laugh at how subpar he performs compared to my other champs at similar ranks.

I'm not sure what I would do with those guys either: I simply stated I thought the odds were better on pulling a useful 6* than a useful 5*, not that the odds guaranteed such.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I got it for the T5b shards more than anything. Shouldn't have tho.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    I got it for the T5b shards more than anything. Shouldn't have tho.

Agreed. I bought it for the t5 frags. The 6* shards and the gold we're just bonus materials to me. They've been valuing a full t5b at about $500 for some time now. So to get 18k shards for 1/5 of that price is in some sense a deal. I'm saying that full well knowing that these items are always devaluing. What looks like a great deal today can look like a rip off one year from now, and most likely will.