**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected chapter 1 final boss emma totally ridiculous.

Comments

• realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    edited February 2019
    So she actually wiped my team of max 4* on the first time because she was behaving differently then others time I have fought her. So I will detail some tips below.

1) You don’t want to parry her because of machismo so you must learn to evade and intercept.

2) Always use your SP1 so she can come out of diamond form.

3) She will hold block and not attack when she has armor on. (Different)

4) She will always use her SP1 when she gets Fury.

5) Practice on Master.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The problem we've been seeing lately though is that the quest paths are stupid easy and end with a hyper-buffed boss. If the goal is to have a crazy boss, then why include the rest of the quest?

Either go back to the story-mode style quests where the whole path is difficult with a slightly harder boss, OR go back the the Infinity Thanos fight.

Ends up being a huge waste of energy and significant source of frustration having to redo paths only for the boss fight.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The problem we've been seeing lately though is that the quest paths are stupid easy and end with a hyper-buffed boss. If the goal is to have a crazy boss, then why include the rest of the quest?

Either go back to the story-mode style quests where the whole path is difficult with a slightly harder boss, OR go back the the Infinity Thanos fight.

Ends up being a huge waste of energy and significant source of frustration having to redo paths only for the boss fight.

Not lately, this is the real problem since day 1 of UC quests
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I took Emma down with a 5/50 medusa and a 2/35 IF. (Same with the UC Omega Academy quest) she isn't hard once you learn her. I guess you never practiced with all of the danger rooms. lol GW, back from the dead? U used to be somewhat reasonable but saying 4/55 get thrashed by EF is ridiculous. If you depend on parry, she will be hard. She is how I learned to not be dependant on it. maybe u and the OP could do the same, ya?
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Read all of @GroundedWisdom posts in this thread. He slowly evolves from apparently agreeing content is too hard to saying the OP is being “abused”

You’re slowly backpedaling due to the enormous pushback you got. Admins should delete this entire threads. And perhaps we should just play this game for fun and argue over something real. Lol

She’s. Easy. If you’re a true UC caliber player. No participation trophies.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Definitely the fight was hard. Too hard, no. Not worth forum-crying about, but also not as hard as the Sabretooth and cyclops in chapter 2.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I took Emma down with a 5/50 medusa and a 2/35 IF. (Same with the UC Omega Academy quest) she isn't hard once you learn her. I guess you never practiced with all of the danger rooms. lol GW, back from the dead? U used to be somewhat reasonable but saying 4/55 get thrashed by EF is ridiculous. If you depend on parry, she will be hard. She is how I learned to not be dependant on it. maybe u and the OP could do the same, ya?
    I said several. Not one 4/55. It's not ridiculous at all. Danger Rooms were another story entirely. I had something to say about that as well. I didn't say I was depending on Parry. The issue is there is less and less of a window to respond every month. You have a Champ that is supposedly more passive, but literally goes on the offense the second you start the Fight. She moves too fast to respond properly the second the Combo starts, and does insane Block Damage. If you do manage to remove Diamond, she fires the L1, as intended, and becomes more aggro. I literally had my whole Team down before I took 10% off her. There is very little window to do anything.
    My issue is not Emma Frost. It's not one Champ. It's the exaggerated Nodes on top of powerful Champs with unique Abilities. It's the overkill. Who wants to bother if your entire Team is wiped out over and over at the Boss of the first Chapter? It just ruins the entire experience. Do you keep trying over and over? Do you spend insanely just to take her down on one pass, then repeat? Been there, done that with Darkhawk. Month after month these things keep popping up and all it does is ruin the whole expeience. Then you walk away and wait for the next month to come, until the next one comes up, and it's another overpowered Fight that everyone is so quick to say is easy. It's not just myself. The guys in my Ally are feeling the same way. Many of these Events are going overboard, and it's pushing past the point of motivating people to try harder. It's just plain old discouraging. That is my point. There is a "too far", and whether some people got past it or not, it's still the case. If you only focus on making it more of a challenge, and you don't consider the deomographic, you alienate more and more people from the experience. People act as if those who say it's too hard just want a freebe. Maybe a few people. The majority want a fair experience that doesn't leave you saying "**** it!" right off the bat.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Definitely the fight was hard. Too hard, no. Not worth forum-crying about, but also not as hard as the Sabretooth and cyclops in chapter 2.

Sabretooth and Cyclops was hard? Those two felt like I was arena grinding...
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I have a decent strategy worked out for this. Bring Hyperion. Evade while her fury is up. Get in as many heavys as possible while her armour is up. Special 3. When she is just about to go back on fury. Rinse. Repeat. Put Heimdal on the team if needed for the 2 sec indestructible when would be knocked out. Hyperion with 10+ fury obliterates her.
    edited February 2019
    I said several. Not one 4/55. It's not ridiculous at all. Danger Rooms were another story entirely. I had something to say about that as well. I didn't say I was depending on Parry. The issue is there is less and less of a window to respond every month. You have a Champ that is supposedly more passive, but literally goes on the offense the second you start the Fight. She moves too fast to respond properly the second the Combo starts, and does insane Block Damage. If you do manage to remove Diamond, she fires the L1, as intended, and becomes more aggro. I literally had my whole Team down before I took 10% off her. There is very little window to do anything.
    My issue is not Emma Frost. It's not one Champ. It's the exaggerated Nodes on top of powerful Champs with unique Abilities. It's the overkill. Who wants to bother if your entire Team is wiped out over and over at the Boss of the first Chapter? It just ruins the entire experience. Do you keep trying over and over? Do you spend insanely just to take her down on one pass, then repeat? Been there, done that with Darkhawk. Month after month these things keep popping up and all it does is ruin the whole expeience. Then you walk away and wait for the next month to come, until the next one comes up, and it's another overpowered Fight that everyone is so quick to say is easy. It's not just myself. The guys in my Ally are feeling the same way. Many of these Events are going overboard, and it's pushing past the point of motivating people to try harder. It's just plain old discouraging. That is my point. There is a "too far", and whether some people got past it or not, it's still the case. If you only focus on making it more of a challenge, and you don't consider the deomographic, you alienate more and more people from the experience. People act as if those who say it's too hard just want a freebe. Maybe a few people. The majority want a fair experience that doesn't leave you saying "**** it!" right off the bat.

If she took out a whole team of 4/55 champs before you got 10% down, the problem is most certainly not the nodes

You literally didn't even read what I said. That's the whole problem with bringing these things up on here. All people want to do is disprove others and tell them they're the problem. It's not about getting past it. There isn't an aspect of the game that doesn't have SOME way past it. Honestly, it's like missing the forest for the trees. It's getting ridiculous. I don't care who agrees with me and who doesn't. There's what people say here, and what I see with my own experience and the experience of others around me. You want to say it's me? It's them? We suck? We don't know how to play? We don't want to put the effort it? Totally up to you. Not at all the case. We're Players just like everyone else and our feedback matters just as much. How long can you say people are the problem before you realize the people are the ones playing the game?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Also, fair is relative. I, and most other posters in this thread it seems, felt that this was a fairly easy EQ. You and apparently your alliance feel differently. I have a feeling the problem lies with you and your alliance's skill and roster level more than the content itself.

The darkhawk fight was a pain for a lot of people bc of the lag issues (I was fortunate enough to not have a ton) but this month is a straight up breeze compared to even last month.

None of the fights this month require a specific counter, all of them only take some practice. I know it's not what some of you want to hear but I'm sorry you really need to just spend some time practicing duels
    It just never ends. Lol. Now it's because of the skill level.
    There is a problem whether you had one or not. That's my point.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    What team were you using then? Maybe that's the problem.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

If there's a problem for you, that doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the content.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Bye Felici errrr uhhh eeeehh Wisdom:) ^
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

I literally had my whole Team down before I took 10% off her.

🤣 .... meanwhile... Seatin solo’s her with a 3* Ghost. It’s the Master Emma... but still, ITS A 3*!

So... not relevant to the discussion at all then?
    Cool story though.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

If there's a problem for you, that doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the content.

He just wants content easier for him with his current skill level and feels entitled that he should be able to do UC.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Emma frost is the hardest piece in this month's event, so it kinda makes sense why she is there.
    It's way better than september's event, when she was in 3.1
    Besides, you only have to beat her 4 times, which is extra nice :smile:
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

If Emma Frost can be beaten with four stars and other players find that fight very easy, how is it not a problem of your individual skill at the game if you find the fight to difficult. By what u said if some people don’t have problem then there is no problem.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom what is your questing team? Star and rank level? I’m asking to see if I can help