**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best device to play MCOC

13»

Comments

• what about the s8 samsung? does it run smooth on that phone?
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    I use a Google pixel and my load times are not any different than the iPhone 6 load times I used to use my iPhone for grinding arena but there's no need anymore the Android 8.1 update has meant I get more contest fighting done on a single charge than I get on my iPhone so I'm sure the iOS optimised game runs a little better on the platform but it's not noticable for me anymore and the extra playtime between charges sealed the iPhones fate ?
  • VadersFatherVadersFather Posts: 20
    My iPhone 6 gets pretty warm when I play, but the game still performs well. The game performs amazingly on my iPad Pro but it feels weird to play on such a large screen IMO.
  • I run the game currently on P9 lite and since the February patch, the game runs smooth almost all the time. But i wanna upgrade, and i heard that Samsung S8 can handle the game very well
  • MaeMae Posts: 1
    Walkie talkie works perfect
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    what about the s8 samsung? does it run smooth on that phone?

very good on s7 and s8
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Hi. Please help
    Currently I'm playing on a Huawei P9lite (VNS) and on a Tablet Huawei Mediapad M3.
    On tablet, the game runs great, but the large display is a problem.
    On phone, sonce the Feb 2018 OS update, the game runs much smoother then before, but still with the occasional lag.

I'm a long time android user, so IOS is out of the equation ( i got many other games on Google play store savefiles and so far, porting them on appStore is impossible -as far as i know, if anyone knows otherwise, please say it)
    I'm looking at some options:
    OnePlus 5t (128GB 8GB RAM)
    Nokia 8
    Razer phone (less likely, since is very expensive and not reallly available in Romania)
    Samsung S7 or S7 plus
    What of these options is the best one? OnePlus 5t seems solid (saw the gameplay on someone's 5t), but don't have info about it running on Nokia, Razer and S7/S7+

heard any device that has Android on a pure form (no other interventions, like EMUI from Huawei etc) can run the game without a hitch.

Please help. Thank you.

I'm playing on one plus 6 8gb ram. And believe me it's fast. Real fast real good.
  • I am currently using S7 edge in which some arenas doesn't have graphical effects like rain drops, comet falling etc.. even ghost's special effects are also bad in S7 edge.. just curious to know whether these effects are there in Iphone 6s model? or is it available only in newer models of Iphone?
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    Iphone 7+ never gets hot nor slow or laggy

Not true. Gets hot and gets laggy after long time playing (need to restart the game) however still better than android.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    I’ve seen far less complaints from iPhone users than any other players in this game.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I'm thinking about purchasing the iPad 6th Gen (Lastest model i believe). will this device run the game flawlessly in long arena sessions? And also be good enough for a Legends run? This is an avid Android user
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about purchasing the iPad 6th Gen (Lastest model i believe). will this device run the game flawlessly in long arena sessions? And also be good enough for a Legends run? This is an avid Android user

This will run flawlessly for arena, however since legends times keep trending in the direction of getting faster and faster, I would not waste time and units with an A10 anymore for a legends run.

In order to get legends on an A10 (6th gen iPad, iPhone 7 or 7+) you have to have a 5/65 Corvus, naked suicides, max boosts, optimal run AND PRAY that everyone else’s times aren’t good that month. A good friend of mine just tried and he is cutting it super close. It is hard because you are competing against A12 chips now.

So for questing and arena, the 6th gen iPad is amazing, I find myself playing mostly on this even over my XR.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    @O.P. Please disregard all the terrible advice from Android fanboys (I love androids too).

CONSIDERING ONLY THIS GAME:

Apple phones are miles ahead. A iPhone 6s is probably faster than the latest android flagship. There is litttrally that big of a discrepancy between apple and Android OS for this game. An iPhone 7 will run this game faster than the new galaxy s10 even (estimation based on how much faster an A10 chip apple device is than a s9+),

If you are considering on buying a phone just to play Mcoc, then no doubt apple is the way to go.

I’ve used android flagships, android tabs, there is NO COMPARISON.

I seriously am shocked at how many android users are still in denial. This game is optimized for apple devices. Stop giving misinformation that is baseless and simply bias opinion.

This is not an subjective answer, it’s objective, apple phones are roughly 3 generations ahead of android when it comes to mcoc ONLY.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    @O.P. Please disregard all the terrible advice from Android fanboys (I love androids too).

CONSIDERING ONLY THIS GAME:

Apple phones are miles ahead. A iPhone 6s is probably faster than the latest android flagship. There is litttrally that big of a discrepancy between apple and Android OS for this game. An iPhone 7 will run this game faster than the new galaxy s10 even (estimation based on how much faster an A10 chip apple device is than a s9+),

If you are considering on buying a phone just to play Mcoc, then no doubt apple is the way to go.

I’ve used android flagships, android tabs, there is NO COMPARISON.

I seriously am shocked at how many android users are still in denial. This game is optimized for apple devices. Stop giving misinformation that is baseless and simply bias opinion.

This is not an subjective answer, it’s objective, apple phones are roughly 3 generations ahead of android when it comes to mcoc ONLY.

Quoted for truth. Kabam is beyond uninterested in optimizing the game so that someone’s 4 year old Sornsung Potato 5 can run this game well, much less any of the current Android flagships that are all using the same chipsets. The Unity engine that the game is built on has historically been poorly optimized for Android no matter how much power a particular device has. iOS devices will maintain the performance and stability lead for the foreseeable future.
    edited February 2019
    Feeney234 wrote: »

This will run flawlessly for arena, however since legends times keep trending in the direction of getting faster and faster, I would not waste time and units with an A10 anymore for a legends run.

In order to get legends on an A10 (6th gen iPad, iPhone 7 or 7+) you have to have a 5/65 Corvus, naked suicides, max boosts, optimal run AND PRAY that everyone else’s times aren’t good that month. A good friend of mine just tried and he is cutting it super close. It is hard because you are competing against A12 chips now.

So for questing and arena, the 6th gen iPad is amazing, I find myself playing mostly on this even over my XR.

Damn that sucks. The iPad Pro with the A12 chip was so much more expensive... i just bought the iPad 9.7 2018 model brand new. I didnt want a refurbished device.

So a Legends run is off the table? That also sucks big time... I have a 5/65 Sparky and the units wouldnt be an issue... just sucks its so far out of reach. Ill probably end up trying one month anyway lol
  • Upgraded to iPad 6th Gen (9.7” 2018) and can see so much more graphical nuances (like Antman ant-size effects during SP, and other things that I never used to see on iPad 4th Gen). Can run arenas longer than just 6-10 matches at a time (although around match 15 game will do a 1-time severe lag of about 4 seconds before returning to normal, and maybe around 25 might actually kick you out and game crashes).
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    I own a Note 9 and an iPhone provided by work. If I decide to do a Legends run, I'll use the iPhone. Until then it's Samsung all the way. The load times may not be as fast... but nothing beats watching Netflix or YouTube picture in picture WHILE I grind arena or monthly events.

Enjoy your Legends title,
    Android fanboy 🤪
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Upgraded to iPad 6th Gen (9.7” 2018) and can see so much more graphical nuances (like Antman ant-size effects during SP, and other things that I never used to see on iPad 4th Gen). Can run arenas longer than just 6-10 matches at a time (although around match 15 game will do a 1-time severe lag of about 4 seconds before returning to normal, and maybe around 25 might actually kick you out and game crashes).

So youre saying the ipad 6th gen 2018 kicks you out of the game after 25 matches of arena?
  • Feeney234 wrote: »
    So youre saying the ipad 6th gen 2018 kicks you out of the game after 25 matches of arena?
    Sometimes, yes, crash and back to iPad Home screen. But still huge difference from older iPad where started to take forever entering AQ-AW Map screens, loading fights, and crashing between 6-10 arena matches (with slowdown warning signs even before then) ever since one of the Fall 2018 game updates.

6th Gen has been running fast, no real lagging (even on initial start of that previous DarkHawk fight, I think), except for when it ultimately gives up doing a long Arena session (symptoms of same Memory Leak (?) or whatever, in game, that got worse in Fall). 6th Gen just better at handling it I guess.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    This game was made for IOS lol
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Andrew wrote: »
    if you are long time android user it will be painful to use iphone as daily driver. but for playing it's better of course. just don't buy iphone 6 or 6+,
    add extra 50bucks and buy 6s+ from ebay.
    or my personal advice: if you still want android, don't buy galaxy s7, screen burn is problem on amoled screen phones, and playing this game will damage screen faster than normal. buy ips lcd screen phone, like LGV20, its same cpu like s7, bigger display, removable battary, ips quad hd screen, one of the best camera and sound.
    overheating problem has all phones with high perfomace games. just use case and little high temperature will not be problem any more.
    and V20 price is 250-300$ on ebay. save money

Nope. Playing in an LG V20 right now and it's terrible. Super laggy and unplayable in more challenging fights.

agreed..LG V20 has the worst lag ever..I was losing fights in arena and aw I know I could easily beat without the lag..glad I will have my Mate 10 back tomorrow..
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Honor View 10 is another good one to get..very smooth play with no lag at all..I only returned this phone because it didn't have OIS but for gaming it's perfect with GPU turbo

6GB ram
    128 (expandable storage)